Why do people hate GTA?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts
[QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"]

ace, of course i like saints row better because um...it was actually fun in comparison with gta4 which, like i have said, is a redundant and tedious chore of repetition that grew old extremely quick. sure the production value was top notch, but the inspiration was far from good. there isnt a single aspect of gta4 that has life to it, it's dull, it's boring, and it's not fun.

and you say that TO YOU my ideas are dumb, but TO ME your points are even worse. Ive yet to hear you make a legitimet argument or defense for gta4. on top of that, i seriously have a hard time reading your posts. I mean this in no offense, but are you from the states?

and whoever said this game shouldnt be rated below an 8 is ridiculous. i can name 3 games right now that have an average review score below or around an 8 that i would play any day over gta4. lost planet (78%), quake 4 (75%), and mercenaries 2 (72%) all beat gta4 hands down. to me gta4 does deserve below an 8/10 because it is an uninspired piece of garbage. videogames are a source of entertainment and repetition and lack of variety in missions is not entertaining, nor is taking girls on a date or eating at a diner. simply because the game was unenjoyable makes it a 6/10 in my books.

its true that rockstar changed a winning formula. i for one would have appreciated this change if it was actually fun, but it's not, and for that reason i like saints row more because it sticks with the tried and true formula and does it extremely well.

makchady

I'm sure your feeling Godly b/c a few people agree with you, but for you to say Mercenaries and Quake beats GTA 4 is the worst case of rambling i've seen in a while. Fine it's your opinion that these games are better, but if your opinion matters so much, why has GTA destroyed the two before mentioned games when it comes to sales as well as people online available to play. Like i said it's your opinion, but in my opinion this game was well done and I see what they were trying to do. Also don't tell me a game like this deserves an 8 b/c this game has more than enough detail to make you look crazy to say Mercenaries is better (Seriously, Mercenaries better then GTA, now I know your rambling)

im sure you feel godly for attemting to degrade me, but plenty of people agree with me, not just a few. and i will tell you that gta 4 deserves lower than an 8, ill tell you it deserves a 6. your opinion is that the game is great, my opinion is that it's horrible game that merely looks good. and the reason gt4 sold so much was because of all the hype and because insane reviewers gave the game a 10/10 for unworthy reasons and because it was launched across multiple systems and because it had the grand theft auto name. if saints row 2 had been called "GTA: Stillwater" it would sell 10 million copies as well and be praised for it's great coop gameplay and interesting and fun side missions. and i personally did like mercs 2 better.

First off Attempting is spelled A-T-T-E-M-P-T-I-N-G and try to capitilize when your starting a sentence. You still haven't answered the question of why there is so many people playing online as opposed to Quake and Mercenaries (I have mercenaries and it's once and awhile that I'll see someone playing online, and the game is insanely repetitive). Also I'm not trying to degrade you but you can't tell someone else that they can't post b/c they haven't played the game, that's like me saying "You shouldn't be giving your opinion b/c you have horrible taste in games and your opinions don't make sense" but i didn't. Since this is not going anywhere, I'll just say fine, Mercenaries and Quake (I'm still laughing at this one) is better then GTA:roll:, but next time your on let me know how many people are playing either one of these games. Quake also is a big franchise and has a pretty big fanbase, but the loyal fans say this game was nowwhere near as good as the other ones, same thing goes for Mercenaries, honestely, how laggy and choppy is Mercenaries compared to GTA (Not including the boring "Resource Pickup" and you know what I'm talking about).

Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Fakenamelmao
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts
[QUOTE="makchady"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"]

ace, of course i like saints row better because um...it was actually fun in comparison with gta4 which, like i have said, is a redundant and tedious chore of repetition that grew old extremely quick. sure the production value was top notch, but the inspiration was far from good. there isnt a single aspect of gta4 that has life to it, it's dull, it's boring, and it's not fun.

and you say that TO YOU my ideas are dumb, but TO ME your points are even worse. Ive yet to hear you make a legitimet argument or defense for gta4. on top of that, i seriously have a hard time reading your posts. I mean this in no offense, but are you from the states?

and whoever said this game shouldnt be rated below an 8 is ridiculous. i can name 3 games right now that have an average review score below or around an 8 that i would play any day over gta4. lost planet (78%), quake 4 (75%), and mercenaries 2 (72%) all beat gta4 hands down. to me gta4 does deserve below an 8/10 because it is an uninspired piece of garbage. videogames are a source of entertainment and repetition and lack of variety in missions is not entertaining, nor is taking girls on a date or eating at a diner. simply because the game was unenjoyable makes it a 6/10 in my books.

its true that rockstar changed a winning formula. i for one would have appreciated this change if it was actually fun, but it's not, and for that reason i like saints row more because it sticks with the tried and true formula and does it extremely well.

Heroldp813

I'm sure your feeling Godly b/c a few people agree with you, but for you to say Mercenaries and Quake beats GTA 4 is the worst case of rambling i've seen in a while. Fine it's your opinion that these games are better, but if your opinion matters so much, why has GTA destroyed the two before mentioned games when it comes to sales as well as people online available to play. Like i said it's your opinion, but in my opinion this game was well done and I see what they were trying to do. Also don't tell me a game like this deserves an 8 b/c this game has more than enough detail to make you look crazy to say Mercenaries is better (Seriously, Mercenaries better then GTA, now I know your rambling)

im sure you feel godly for attemting to degrade me, but plenty of people agree with me, not just a few. and i will tell you that gta 4 deserves lower than an 8, ill tell you it deserves a 6. your opinion is that the game is great, my opinion is that it's horrible game that merely looks good. and the reason gt4 sold so much was because of all the hype and because insane reviewers gave the game a 10/10 for unworthy reasons and because it was launched across multiple systems and because it had the grand theft auto name. if saints row 2 had been called "GTA: Stillwater" it would sell 10 million copies as well and be praised for it's great coop gameplay and interesting and fun side missions. and i personally did like mercs 2 better.

First off Attempting is spelled A-T-T-E-M-P-T-I-N-G and try to capitilize when your starting a sentence. You still haven't answered the question of why there is so many people playing online as opposed to Quake and Mercenaries (I have mercenaries and it's once and awhile that I'll see someone playing online, and the game is insanely repetitive). Also I'm not trying to degrade you but you can't tell someone else that they can't post b/c they haven't played the game, that's like me saying "You shouldn't be giving your opinion b/c you have horrible taste in games and your opinions don't make sense" but i didn't. Since this is not going anywhere, I'll just say fine, Mercenaries and Quake (I'm still laughing at this one) is better then GTA:roll:, but next time your on let me know how many people are playing either one of these games. Quake also is a big franchise and has a pretty big fanbase, but the loyal fans say this game was nowwhere near as good as the other ones, same thing goes for Mercenaries, honestely, how laggy and choppy is Mercenaries compared to GTA (Not including the boring "Resource Pickup" and you know what I'm talking about).

pwn3d ;)

Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#103 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
i love GTA
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#104 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

I thought it was a great game, I still play it now. The fact that this game went for realism says a lot about the developers since we were so used to an arcade version style game from them. This is basically what all developers should be trying to do with their games imo.Strife88

sorry but i have to disagree if devs focused on realism then games would just not be as enjoyable gta iv was a failure to me because it removed every single thing that made GTA what it was like the tanks mayhem etc i hope rockstar focus on the fun aspect and make GTA 5 an epic game.

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#105 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
[QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"]

Fakenamelmao

pwn3d ;)

how was he owned why is it kids like you think that when someone posts with good grammer thay have pwned someone lol.

Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Fakenamelmao
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts
[QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"]

TX360

pwn3d ;)

how was he owned why is it kids like you think that when someone posts with good grammer thay have pwned someone lol.

i stand by my statement sir ;)

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#109 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
I simply wish GTA IV had more fun activities.
epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 epic_pets
Member since 2008 • 5598 Posts
Because its boring.
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#111 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts
i love gta 4 but i thought the gameplay was to slow for my liking but for that its a great game
makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#112 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1286 Posts
[QUOTE="TX360"][QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"]

Fakenamelmao

pwn3d ;)

are you kidding me? you think i am "pwn3d" because i accidentally left out a single letter in attempted. gee please forgive me for having a small typo on an online forum. and no, im not going to capitalize every sentence. if you cant register that there is a period and two spaces afterward that that is a new sentence then you need to go back to school. i would love to debate you or write against you in a formal paper as i am an english major, but whatever.

you never asked why people are still playing it online, but to answer it i will say that not a single person on my friends list plays that game anymore. the reason i brought up games like mercs 2 and quake 4 is because i know they were considered worse games, but as far as being a form of entertainment they are simply a lot more fun than gta4. sure gta4 is a polished game that doesnt have bugs and glitches, but ill take all the bugs and glitches in mercs 2 any day over gta4. and yes, someone shouldnt make an opinion on a game they HAVENT EVEN PLAYED.

and just for the record when you say "try to capitalize when your starting a sentence." it's YOU ARE or YOU'RE, but again this is an online forum so it's really not that big of a deal, but dont go flipping out on me for missing a single letter. if anything, my posts are by far better written than 95% of users on gamespot who dont even use sentences that even remotely resemble complete sentences.

so, let us settle this at this, you think i am an idiot because i have a different OPINION than yours on a game that has plenty of people who would agree with my side and your side, and because i spelt attempting wrong. I think you are a gta4 fanboy who is single minded and too stubborn to realize that opinions will vary, and that my points are indeed legit. Can we leave it at that?

I answered the question the TC asked, so i dont necessarily understand why a bunch of fanboys are attempting to get on my case for being truthful. i see plenty of other people in this thread alone who have stated that the game is boring and that they didnt like it. clearly my opinion is shared by others.

makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#113 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1286 Posts
oh and again dont say i have bad grammar TO...when it's TOO. so, i will agree with him TOO.
hugonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#114 hugonne
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts
I don't hate it. I think it's one of the best made games ever, and it's one that I truly enjoy. That and COD4.
4dry4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 4dry4n
Member since 2007 • 1411 Posts
Because every game in the series improved from it's predecessor. GTA 4 is a downgrade in terms of gameplay from the previous 2 games. They just upgraded the graphics from GTA 3 & technically made the game boring for series veterans. I suggest that you try playing GTA San Andreas & Vice City so that you know why people are hating GTA 4.
Gastman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Gastman
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts

GTA IV was new from the others GTA games in the passed. The aim system is different and so is the driving of the cars. GTAIV have online for the first time and it will also have DLC on the Xbox 360.

Lightning-XIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Lightning-XIII
Member since 2008 • 289 Posts
maybe there fans being converted of saints rows
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#118 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
maybe there fans being converted of saints rowsLightning-XIII
Saints Row was at least closer to the other GTAs than GTA IV. I did like how GTA IV went realistic, but it should had better activities that were really fun, most aren't in GTA IV.
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#119 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts
[QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"][QUOTE="TX360"][QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="makchady"]

makchady

pwn3d ;)

are you kidding me? you think i am "pwn3d" because i accidentally left out a single letter in attempted. gee please forgive me for having a small typo on an online forum. and no, im not going to capitalize every sentence. if you cant register that there is a period and two spaces afterward that that is a new sentence then you need to go back to school. i would love to debate you or write against you in a formal paper as i am an english major, but whatever.

you never asked why people are still playing it online, but to answer it i will say that not a single person on my friends list plays that game anymore. the reason i brought up games like mercs 2 and quake 4 is because i know they were considered worse games, but as far as being a form of entertainment they are simply a lot more fun than gta4. sure gta4 is a polished game that doesnt have bugs and glitches, but ill take all the bugs and glitches in mercs 2 any day over gta4. and yes, someone shouldnt make an opinion on a game they HAVENT EVEN PLAYED.

and just for the record when you say "try to capitalize when your starting a sentence." it's YOU ARE or YOU'RE, but again this is an online forum so it's really not that big of a deal, but dont go flipping out on me for missing a single letter. if anything, my posts are by far better written than 95% of users on gamespot who dont even use sentences that even remotely resemble complete sentences.

so, let us settle this at this, you think i am an idiot because i have a different OPINION than yours on a game that has plenty of people who would agree with my side and your side, and because i spelt attempting wrong. I think you are a gta4 fanboy who is single minded and too stubborn to realize that opinions will vary, and that my points are indeed legit. Can we leave it at that?

I answered the question the TC asked, so i dont necessarily understand why a bunch of fanboys are attempting to get on my case for being truthful. i see plenty of other people in this thread alone who have stated that the game is boring and that they didnt like it. clearly my opinion is shared by others.

Actually my friend you did get pwned. Back to the spelling, I mean you did spell attempting right (finally), but your trying to tell me that your an English major with beat up grammar like this, fine, you can lie to me but can you really fool yourself. I mean seriously, your an English major, you start your sentences with "and " and you never capitalize when starting a sentence. Like you said this is a forum and bad grammar can be accepted, but you are an English major:roll:. Honestly I'm a Pharmacy major and people I do know who major in English show a little more pride when it comes to their literature. Back to the matter at hand, fine you say GTA 4 is a bad game, but that's your opinion, and quite frankly your opinion is garbage and thank you for taking 2 trs to respond. I took a while b/c I'm only on this when I'm at work. Get a life a learn how to spell and put together sentences, b/c you say your better then 95% of people on here, but I look at your example of good grammar and I laugh, and that's why people say you got PWNED, b/c you say your making sense but in reality your just rambling and you really sound stupid. Do me a favor, seriously, work on your grammar "English Major":lol: