Why do gamers hate Kinect?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TheAmerican1979
TheAmerican1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheAmerican1979
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I don't want to seem cruel, but I think I know why a lot of gamers hate Kinect. They hate the fact that they have to use their body to play a game. I have read comments about "hardcore" gamers complaining about developers who want to develop sequels (Alan Wake 2) to use Kinect. Are gamers so lazy that they refuse to exercise while playing game? What's wrong with moving around while playing a game? Most gamers need to lose weight anyway. I bought the Kinect on Tuesday of this week, and it motivated me to stop smoking cigarettes, and to do a 10 mile bike ride every other day. I also plan on buying the Playstation Move along with a PS3 (I am not a fanboy promoting one platform). Motion capture video gaming is going to take over the gaming world. Get over it.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
all the cool kids hate on the wii, and now their beloved xbox has motion controls as well. That's it. It's teenagers worried about their image. on a side note, kinect is good fun!
Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

Motion capture video gaming is going to take over the gaming world. Get over it. TheAmerican1979
Take over?? It might become a big part of gaming but it will never take over.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
I don't want to seem cruel, but I think I know why a lot of gamers hate Kinect. They hate the fact that they have to use their body to play a game. I have read comments about "hardcore" gamers complaining about developers who want to develop sequels (Alan Wake 2) to use Kinect. Are gamers so lazy that they refuse to exercise while playing game? What's wrong with moving around while playing a game? Most gamers need to lose weight anyway. I bought the Kinect on Tuesday of this week, and it motivated me to stop smoking cigarettes, and to do a 10 mile bike ride every other day. I also plan on buying the Playstation Move along with a PS3 (I am not a fanboy promoting one platform). Motion capture video gaming is going to take over the gaming world. Get over it. TheAmerican1979
i think its just wii and ps move fanboys saying that kinect steals from their system..those fanboys are stupid...kinect is better then both ps move and the wii combined..i dont have kinect yet but i demoed it
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I exercise regularly so when I sit down to play a game I want to relax...Not jump around like a 10 year old on crack...You dig?...I don't hate Kinect but I don't like it being forced on us...and although they aren't forcing us to buy it YET,you can guarantee they will eventually...They will make it so it will affect your gaming if you don't have it,therefore sneakily forcing us to buy...Microsoft manipulation at it's best...They have invested too much to let this investment die so they will be doing everything they can to sell it...Underhand tactics are Microsofts specialty.

JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 JStroud88
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

People who have played Kinect for any length don't hate it.

I have been having an absolute blast with Kinect Sports/Dance Central.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

I don't like it because I don't feel like jumping around like a maniac. Also no games appeal to me, I can't see how shooters or platformers will work on it, unless they're on-rail which isn't really much of a game really. Also the price is a bit steep, and it's just MS wanting to get some of the casual gamers that play Wii to move over to the Xbox. Just look at Avatars, complete rip-off of Mii's.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Gaming is something to do whilst relaxing. Motion control goes back on years of gaming evolution.. It isn't what gaming is about, which is a big change for most.. making gaming casual in some cases, as long as they don't force it.. shouldn't be a problem Personally i hate the idea of gaming going that way, i can't stand using the Wii and i've tried kinetic and i don't care for it either.. I'll stick to my pad..
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
and it motivated me to stop smoking cigarettes, and to do a 10 mile bike ride every other day. TheAmerican1979
Did it? :lol: No, no it didn't, and you won't keep up with it if you're only motivation was a video game controller :lol:
Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts
It is quite simple, kinect is not here to replace anything. It is made for casual gamers or people who don't game in general (Seen the ads?). It is not made for in depth gaming such as rpg's and online fps. The lack of control is why it will never "take over" as you say. Does bashing others for not liking it make you feel like your purchase is justified? You say it motivated you, it sounds like your the one who needs to lose weight.
TruDawg32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TruDawg32
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts

I exercise regularly so when I sit down to play a game I want to relax...Not jump around like a 10 year old on crack...You dig?...I don't hate Kinect but I don't like it being forced on us...and although they aren't forcing us to buy it YET,you can guarantee they will eventually...They will make it so it will affect your gaming if you don't have it,therefore sneakily forcing us to buy...Microsoft manipulation at it's best...They have invested too much to let this investment die so they will be doing everything they can to sell it...Underhand tactics are Microsofts specialty.

Serial_Killa

Then relax and play the non-motion oriented games... No ones askingyou to play it. As a personal trainer an avid exerciser myself, I find it great that the evolution of games is tacking on a more personal approach, such as the components of fitness.I feel more accomplished doing things that include my whole body's range of motion.You act like the kinect is completely supplanting the gaming system itself. It's an option, maybe not for everyone. But is a TON of fun and does incorporate those who aren't experienced gamers with the complexities ofusing thecontroller. I dontunderstand how you feel like that kinect is being 'forced' on us; The kinect games do have limitations, and trust me, MS has contemplated all the angles and principles behind their investment. I look at it as a hybrid system. I love how my fiancee now wants to include herself in thekinect gaming experiment, before she would just sit aside and watch befuddled. Getting that 'other' person involved has been a great strategy for gaming console developers, IMO... I guess I'm that weirdo that likes the flexibility ofgaming andhaving that morein control feel. I can guarantee you that MS isn't going to stop making controller-oriented games, what I huge loss that would be. The kinect component has made it to where everyone can enjoy gaming, not just us 'hardcore' individuals.

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

we jst want to chill and not be active when we play games

JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

I think originally the complaint was not that gamers had to move in order to play the game, but that with Microsoft concentrating on Kinect games less time will be spent on the so called "hardcore" games.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I like the kinect. I havent had time to play it a ton yet but what I have played of dance central was pretty fun.
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I don't want to seem cruel, but I think I know why a lot of gamers hate Kinect. They hate the fact that they have to use their body to play a game. I have read comments about "hardcore" gamers complaining about developers who want to develop sequels (Alan Wake 2) to use Kinect. Are gamers so lazy that they refuse to exercise while playing game? What's wrong with moving around while playing a game? Most gamers need to lose weight anyway. I bought the Kinect on Tuesday of this week, and it motivated me to stop smoking cigarettes, and to do a 10 mile bike ride every other day. I also plan on buying the Playstation Move along with a PS3 (I am not a fanboy promoting one platform). Motion capture video gaming is going to take over the gaming world. Get over it. TheAmerican1979

I am in the gym a few times a week, I am in university 4 days a week doing acting, I work behind the Bar at a night club at weekends, and I do shows in local theaters to expand my resume as an actor, but yeah I guess that after doing all that just wanting to sit down in front of my TV and play a game with a controller does make me lazy....

Seriously, this immature fantasy that gamers are fat, lazy, slobs needs to die, most gamers are adults who play them to relax after a hard day, is it wrong for us to be a bit angry that are favorite way to relax it been turned into a workout session right before are eyes?

ModestJakester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ModestJakester
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts

[QUOTE="TheAmerican1979"]I don't want to seem cruel, but I think I know why a lot of gamers hate Kinect. They hate the fact that they have to use their body to play a game. I have read comments about "hardcore" gamers complaining about developers who want to develop sequels (Alan Wake 2) to use Kinect. Are gamers so lazy that they refuse to exercise while playing game? What's wrong with moving around while playing a game? Most gamers need to lose weight anyway. I bought the Kinect on Tuesday of this week, and it motivated me to stop smoking cigarettes, and to do a 10 mile bike ride every other day. I also plan on buying the Playstation Move along with a PS3 (I am not a fanboy promoting one platform). Motion capture video gaming is going to take over the gaming world. Get over it. spike6958

I am in the gym a few times a week, I am in university 4 days a week doing acting, I work behind the Bar at a night club at weekends, and I do shows in local theaters to expand my resume as an actor, but yeah I guess that after doing all that just wanting to sit down in front of my TV and play a game with a controller does make me lazy....

Seriously, this immature fantasy that gamers are fat, lazy, slobs needs to die, most gamers are adults who play them to relax after a hard day, is it wrong for us to be a bit angry that are favorite way to relax it been turned into a workout session right before are eyes?

Spike does make a good point....

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I think it is from the fact that some give way too much praise to motion capture. Saying thing like it is the next step in game, or it add so much to games. Then there the companies that try to sell it with too many promises and not enough result. Many games that I have played that use motion capture either they did not need it or they were steps down in sophistication.

When the Wii came out, I was seeing what games came from it. I am still not impresses with the games. Many of Wii games when comparing to many of the Xbox 360 or PS3 games is like comparing beer to wine.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Because we're gamers... duh! :P
kenchen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kenchen23
Member since 2006 • 486 Posts

I work 10 plus hr a day and i love playing consoles afterward, is all about relaxing and finger skills if you know what im talking about. Im planning on getting kinectbecause i see that illbe having fun with mywife and daughter but with that aside when they go to bed, ill be playing the real game you see. But i think your just stating your own opinion for real.....how does kinect motivate you to quit smoking anyway, wtf?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i don't want to be jumping around when i'm gaming i like to stay in one place and relax.

KhadijahAbdul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KhadijahAbdul
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i have kinect and like the choice to either get up and act stupid just to relieve stress after sitting down playing my other games for a few hours. we have the wii and a ps3 in the house so we do a lot of sitting and playing. so the kinect just brings some fun in the evenings for an hour or so, just before dinner when we allways eat together and catch up on our day, and this just makes it easier than getting out a damn board game like the old days.
chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 chasingmaynard
Member since 2005 • 3416 Posts

I don't really care that people hate the Kinect. It isn't for everyone, obviously. What I can't stand is when other gamers go out of their way to hate on the Kinect. These are the trolls that waste their time to go on Kinect game forums and post useless garbage, just trying to blast the system like it is trash.

Stick with your controllers. It is fine. Stick with playing the FPS's and the RTS's and all of the other finely tuned games that will obviously always be better with a controller. Even with the Kinect, I stick with my controller on most nights also. New Vegas, BC2, Dragon Age... or maybe one of the other 60 games I own. Ya see... some gamers like choice when it comes to things.

For those of you that say video games are meant just for relaxing, please keep that little opinion to yourself. Video games are sold as a form of entertainment, and entertainment comes as different strokes for different folks. You like playing sports? I hate it. You like Texas Hold'em? Sucks to me. Entertainment comes in all forms, and every piece of it is pure win and pure fail at the same time. Which is which is dependant upon each individuals opinion.

It all boils down to three certain types of "haters"...

1. The ones that are just juvenile and think it is cool to spout off against motion gaming (the annoying ones).

2. Those that simply don't like the whole idea of motion gaming and will give their opinion when it is asked (not so bad, but some times give ignorant opinions without trying the device in a good environment).

3. The gamers that hate the Kinect because they don't like the idea of motion gaming and they are (closet case) afraid that big name companies or even AAA titles will devote time during development to provide a portion of a game to be used with the Kinect. (case in point, that new Harry Potter game)

I can kind of respect the #2 and #3 guys, but I just wish they wouldn't go out of their way to blast something they don't enjoy. To have that amount of hate and time is just absurd. You aren't going to stop the motion gaming genre by any means. And don't worry, in no way will the "revolution" ever take over a controller. A Kinect FP/3P shootergame or a Kinect RPG might be fun, but most anygamer out there will always prefer to pull the left trigger to zoom in and pull the right trigger to score the kill. And could you imagine trying to handle an inventory or robust spell system in a huge RPG? Not likely.

I love my Kinect, and I love my controller. I'm not telling anyone to hate the controller, so please don't tell anyone to hate the Kinect.

My two cents.

Curlyfrii87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Curlyfrii87
Member since 2004 • 15057 Posts

Gaming is something to do whilst relaxing. Motion control goes back on years of gaming evolution.. It isn't what gaming is about, which is a big change for most.. making gaming casual in some cases, as long as they don't force it.. shouldn't be a problem Personally i hate the idea of gaming going that way, i can't stand using the Wii and i've tried kinetic and i don't care for it either.. I'll stick to my pad..Strider_91

Last time i checked, gaming was meant for entertainment, not relaxation. Sure gaming can be relaxing but that's not the main purpose. That sure doesn't seem like a step backwards to me. More like a step forward to the next level of entertainment. :|

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chasingmaynard

[QUOTE="Strider_91"]Gaming is something to do whilst relaxing. Motion control goes back on years of gaming evolution.. It isn't what gaming is about, which is a big change for most.. making gaming casual in some cases, as long as they don't force it.. shouldn't be a problem Personally i hate the idea of gaming going that way, i can't stand using the Wii and i've tried kinetic and i don't care for it either.. I'll stick to my pad..Curlyfrii87

Last time i checked, gaming was meant for entertainment, not relaxation. Sure gaming can be relaxing but that's not the main purpose. That sure doesn't seem like a step backwards to me. More like a step forward to the next level of entertainment. :|

Seriously.

I'm "all kinds of relaxed" when most of my team in Bad Company 2 is doing nothing to help win the game, and I'm cursing at my TV because my squad is the only one dissarming a crate or guarding a flag. Really relaxing.

(oh, and just because I play BC2, that doesn't mean you couldn't insert any other FPS title in my statement)

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiouds

[QUOTE="Strider_91"]Gaming is something to do whilst relaxing. Motion control goes back on years of gaming evolution.. It isn't what gaming is about, which is a big change for most.. making gaming casual in some cases, as long as they don't force it.. shouldn't be a problem Personally i hate the idea of gaming going that way, i can't stand using the Wii and i've tried kinetic and i don't care for it either.. I'll stick to my pad..Curlyfrii87

Games are for entertaining but I find the motion control in the Wii make games entertain me less than the games on the x-box 360.

rockdve36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rockdve36
Member since 2009 • 109 Posts

I loathe Kinect and I was pissed to no end that M$ entire E3 was devouted to this money grab.

Kinect is a bane on society because:

1. Encourages growth and more development of casual kiddie games. In other words, less games for hardcore players!

2. No tactile sensations. There is a reason why rumble controllers are still around.

3.Seriously, who is going to want to stand up and wave their arms around for extended period of playing? You will get tired after 15-30 mins.

4. Kinect is just another gimmick add-on in a history of failed add-ons. Can you name one hardware add-on that has succeeded? Motion control isn't even a new technology. Anyone remember the Power glove? Yea, a 20+ year old FAILED motion control device.

Bottom line, we just want great games, not amazing hardware.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chasingmaynard

I loathe Kinect and I was pissed to no end that M$ entire E3 was devouted to this money grab.

Very valid complaint. E3 is something to look forward to.

Kinect is a bane on society because:

1. Encourages growth and more development of casual kiddie games. In other words, less games for hardcore players!

Or it brings gaming back into the hands of an older generation of gamers (or should I dare say the ORIGINAL generation of gamers), and at the same time brings it into the hands of a much younger generation of gamers. My 3 year old, for example. You are being completely selfish with the above statement.

2. No tactile sensations. There is a reason why rumble controllers are still around.

Valid point, but the immersion is a lot better with motion gaming.

3.Seriously, who is going to want to stand up and wave their arms around for extended period of playing? You will get tired after 15-30 mins.

Apparently plenty of people. Don't think that you are the "say all be all" for the gaming portion of society.

4. Kinect is just another gimmick add-on in a history of failed add-ons. Can you name one hardware add-on that has succeeded? Motion control isn't even a new technology. Anyone remember the Power glove? Yea, a 20+ year old FAILED motion control device.

Lol. The power glove? Did you even own one? It was archaic, yet it was even ahead of its time. After taking a look at the market and just glancing at the Wii's success and the fact that Sony's Move isn't some kneeslapper joke for them, saying that is like saying PC's are fail and referencing the "Tandy 1000".

Bottom line, we just want great games, not amazing hardware.

I want great gamesAND amazing hardware, and I have the wallet to afford both. I apologize for not being narrow minded.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I'm just dont buy into the whole motion sensing thing. I have a 360 and a Wii. I just find the motion controls frustrating/gimmicky. The games I have on the wii play better using "classical style" controls, so the motion sensing is useless. Its just not for me. If a game controls better using a regular controller, then a regular controller should be used. if Motion sensing makes it that much better, then Im for it- I just havent seen it yet...

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chasingmaynard

I'm just dont buy into the whole motion sensing thing. I have a 360 and a Wii. I just find the motion controls frustrating/gimmicky. The games I have on the wii play better using "classical style" controls, so the motion sensing is useless. Its just not for me. If a game controls better using a regular controller, then a regular controller should be used. if Motion sensing makes it that much better, then Im for it- I just havent seen it yet...Shmiity

The only game I really loved when I had the Wii was Monster Hunter, and I used the classic for that. The controls can definitely be frustrating if in the hands of the wrong developers, and they are certainly gimmicky, but I do think "Motion Sensing" makes a bunch of things more interesting. They just happen to usually be mini-games right now, lol. A well executed boxing game is still yet to be seen.

Thank you for the slightly negative, yet still intelligent and respectable, response.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wiouds

I do not hate motion control but I do not respect it. I waited to see what the Wii games offer and I am still not impressed.

I am a gamer and not a hardwearer so I want great games before great hardware.

Avatar image for GrizzlyBear1976
GrizzlyBear1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GrizzlyBear1976
Member since 2010 • 140 Posts

Because it's the power glove all over again.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chasingmaynard

GrizzlyBear1976

Explain to actually have some validity. Otherwise this is just yet another useless statement.

Saul_Tigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Saul_Tigh
Member since 2010 • 65 Posts

I don't think its because of the use of the body, but rather, the technology hasn't been refined enough and pales in comparison to the quality of console gaming. At least thats why Im not very interested.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

I hate it because it will never be as accurate as a keyboard / mouse or controller. Just flail around like you are having a seizure playing bad games isn't fun.

chasingmaynard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 chasingmaynard

I don't think its because of the use of the body, but rather, the technology hasn't been refined enough and pales in comparison to the quality of console gaming. At least thats why Im not very interested.Saul_Tigh

I completely understand this reasoning. The tech is awesome, but it is definitely lacking, and downright horrible in the wrong hands (devs).

I was hopeful of "Deca Sports Marathon", because it has a paintball minigame in it that isn't on rails, but the controls are said to be absurd.

neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts

I dont own it yet but for me its seems really cool

Pros:

• its able to track full body movement
  • hand gestures
  • facial recognition, emotions(?)
  • 3d space evaluation

But...

Cons:

• Imprecise, required for hardcore gaming(imo)
  • Response lag
  • first person games wont be implemented well.

I think the cons prevent it from being accepted by core gamers.

EALethal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EALethal
I have a random question... >.> i wanted to know if kenect was really worth getting it kinda looks fun but then again. Also a random statement i definetly think motion control isent taking over cause for one thing millions of gamers arent interested in it and what not i mean some are dont get me wrong but i think its more family orieneted (dont mind my spelling) and what about people who cannot move whether its permanate injures or something like that.
Mustangooos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mustangooos
Member since 2010 • 167 Posts

I dont like kinect because the only games it really works for in my opinion is either dance games which I hate, and fighting games but there arent really many good ones but when it comes to shooters RPGs driving and a lot more I whould rather have something in my hand to use as a gun etc or in a racing games situation you cant beat actually having a steering wheel.

hitterofpeople

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hitterofpeople
Member since 2008 • 265 Posts
As Mustangoos said, it can only really be used for certain games, I don't see how they can implement it into shooters, driving etc. and be successful... That's why I think the Move/Wiimotes have the edge over it in the future. I'm interested to see how many of those day one sales of Kinect were returned.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Because its boring,...i know ive tried it. Also its more lame than the wii and its a rip off of the eye toy.

JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JStroud88

Because its boring,...i know ive tried it. Also its more lame than the wii and its a rip off of the eye toy.

edinsftw

Well, it is certainly your opinion but it is anything but boring. Definitely not "lamer than the wii" or a "rip off of eye toy", whats your gamertag again? I'm curious if you have actually played it.

GrizzlyBear1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GrizzlyBear1976

[QUOTE="GrizzlyBear1976"]

chasingmaynard

Explain to actually have some validity. Otherwise this is just yet another useless statement.

Move and Kinect are worthless garbage specifically designed to rip off little kids.

Search for the YouTube Video

POWER GLOVE - by the Angry Video Game Nerd

JStroud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JStroud88

[QUOTE="chasingmaynard"]

GrizzlyBear1976

Move and Kinect are worthless garbage specifically designed to rip off little kids.

So what you're saying here is that you haven't actually played it or any of it's software?

I'm 22 and I had mine preordered months ago.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#44 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

lol at motion video gaming taking over, its just a fun new toy every company is experimenting with. Personally, I don't want my games and exercise to coexist. Not to say it doesn't help many others like yourself, but I exercise practically all day everyday so I like to come home and relax with games, not have to wave my arms and legs like a buffoon. So I don't think the hate has anything to do with laziness for gamers with habits similar to myself which is not uncommon.

*The main problem I have with kinect OR for that matter motion controls in games in general, like wii and move, is that when you replace solid traditional controls and exclude them it alienates a large portion of your previous fanbase. I have no problem with optional motion controls to enhance you experience if you so choose to enable or utilize them. But being forced to use motion controls to play a series I have always loved playing with a normal controller is upsetting. very upsetting.

GrizzlyBear1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GrizzlyBear1976

[QUOTE="chasingmaynard"]

JStroud88

So what you're saying here is that you haven't actually played it or any of it's software?

I'm 22 and I had mine preordered months ago.

If you don't like using a controller and you don't like sitting on your butt playing video games then find a different way to spend your free time

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

humans are creatures of habbit. everyone hates changr. and lets face it. kinect is a big change from what we are used to. even when the *core games come out ppl will still hate it because they are all too used to controllers.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

[QUOTE="edinsftw"]

JStroud88

Well, it is certainly your opinion but it is anything but boring. Definitely not "lamer than the wii" or a "rip off of eye toy", whats your gamertag again? I'm curious if you have actually played it.

I played it at my friends house, and all the games currently out are not any better than the eye toy games with better graphics. It was very good at tracking movements though, with less than half a second reaction time behind. It really is just the eye toy with advancements of which i would expect in a 7 year time frame or w/e it is.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
None of the games interest me yet but I may get it in the future if they release some games that I want.
Avatar image for ARedneckRumbler
ARedneckRumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ARedneckRumbler
Hmm... there are so many mixed feelings about Kinect out there. Well, I'm 21 and completely unfit. Not saying I'm overweight or anything, I just don't exercise as much as I should (probably due to being a gamer all my life). I may not be the most hardcore of gamers around, but I do love my shooters and I can be pretty competitive. That being said, I also enjoy the Kinect. I don't see it as being silly, I see it more as just a new style of gaming. Almost like when platformers started to turn into free-roaming games (i.e. Super Mario World ---> Mario 64). It is just a transition of sorts. Granted, it will NOT catch hardcore gamers for a multitude of reasons. One such problem for FPS fans: if you get shot from anywhere but right in front of you, how are you possibly going to turn fast enough to counter-attack? To use a body motion-capturing game like that would require a full 360 screen around you, which brings back the old ideas of virtual reality. But as I said, it is a transition. We may very well have full 360 screens sometime in the future. But until then, I will think of the pros I'm getting for just a little bit of jumping around. I now get to play games with my wife. My daughter will play them with me when she gets a little bigger. I don't have to spend money on gas to go to a bowling alley and more to rent their ridiculous shoes. Today as I was cleaning around my house listening to music via last.fm, I didn't have to go searching for my controller to change the song if I didn't like it. All I had to do was say "xbox next" from wherever I was and it was done. Anyways, I think the main problem is that it isn't really Kinect that gamers hate. They hate the current game lineup. It is kind of hard to show the potential of Kinect if there are only 3 genres out there (sports, fitness, dancing). But 2011 is supposed to be a big year for gaming, so all we can do is wait and see how Microsoft pulls in the majority of the gaming population.
BackOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BackOn
Member since 2010 • 94 Posts
kinect is crap :( I have xbox 360 but I hate kinect coz kinect hasnt gor cool games on :(