why do black people get picked on on xbox live

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lennyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lennyh
Member since 2005 • 1216 Posts
?
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

It's just the current target of the community. It'll probably change sooner or later.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
because racism is cool to tweens
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
yea that and i hear alot of gay jokes when i play halo
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
cuz all the white kids r scared to pick on them in real life scared they would get whooped so they do it in the safety of live lol pretty simple, dun have to worry about anything if u do say some stupid stuff lol
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Everybody gets picked on by the Xbox Live community. I have a muslim friend and he gets talked down to on Xbox Live aswell occasionally. Pisses me off.

Edit- If you cant handle it, then dont play it. Pretty much sums it up.

dunnedlor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 dunnedlor
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
I get picked on because of my australian accent
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
people will pick on others because they're different.
MuffinPunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 MuffinPunk
Member since 2007 • 4845 Posts
I hear "cracker" more times a day then I can count.
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts

people will pick on others because they're different. ag1002

1vgfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 1vgfan
Member since 2004 • 1338 Posts
because people are ignorant homophobic racist bastards.
cheddarbiscu1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cheddarbiscu1t
Member since 2008 • 82 Posts

[QUOTE="ag1002"]people will pick on others because they're different. Jazz_Fan

are you drunk?

buster__sword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 buster__sword
Member since 2005 • 215 Posts
it not just XBL, PSN has the same thing. some people are just stupid
terdoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 terdoo
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

because racism is cool to tweensSaintJimmmy

Ya unfortunatly.Makes more mature teens like myself look bad.

Shinoadr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 Shinoadr
Member since 2007 • 2667 Posts
Black people, and anybody to be exact. Get picked on because its freedom of speech, you can say basically anything you want and the only thing they can do is mute you or report you. Even some 10 year old can diss someone 30 years older than them because It's not like he's going to come to the 10year olds house and give him a lesson....
yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yaljarani
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts
I am a muslim and it annoys me with all the racism on live, I just mute the little teens who think they're cool by singing in the mic and making jokes about other cultures. Yeah, though I did come across some mature players and added them to my friends list. It's a great online service except for those people.
Hopewellone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hopewellone
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
While it seems that in most cases we outnumber blatantly racist people by quite a margin, it seems on Xbox Live there's an overwhelming number of people who love to scream racist, sexist, and homophobic content over the mics. So much so that by the time Halo 3 came out, I was playing without a headset. The novelty was cool, talking with real people, but competitive gaming just brought out the worst in a lot of people. I am so glad most Nintendo games don't have chat. Can you imagine what would come out of some people's mouths getting hit with a blue shell before the finish line? I shudder.
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts

Because people laugh.

If it bugs you, say something. When I get into a game of CoD4, I don't put up with that ****. Ileave, or invite in a bunch of my friends and we shut the racist down.

if you can get three or four people telling him to shut up, they'll leave or be quiet

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
They are afraid to do it in person. Funny, I only notice racism on xbox live. When someone uses racial slurs, it really turns me off. I hardly ever use my headset. This is why I prefer the PS3 crowd which seems to have a more mature/older fan base. It shocks me when I hear it because it's so 1950' / 1960's. Some people just can't let it go. I never understood how someone can hate another person just because of skin color.
jeffoverthere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jeffoverthere
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

because people are ignorant homophobic racist bastards.1vgfan

amen.

killercuts3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killercuts3
Member since 2003 • 3355 Posts
If we all hated each other then no one would be complaining.
Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Raok
Member since 2008 • 928 Posts

Its the worst in GTA4,

its either whiny little kids or guys who live in their parents houses trying to be tough.

I seriously had this guy who sounded like he should be married by now say "HANG ON MOM!!! Im busy here!!"

And this little kid thought no one would talk to him and started talking to his mom until someone else told him to shut up and turn off his mic.

I usually just turn it down unless I want to talk to someone.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
i cant belive the mods are letting this thread stay open.
PaVILiOn_010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 PaVILiOn_010
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts
I think if you look at some of the people who say that stuff, they are picked on in real life. They do it to make themselves feel better. I just mute people like that. If they diss you, tell them to come say that to your face. No one ever says yes because they KNOW they will get beaten up for that stuff. It makes them think they're invincible. So when that one guys said "If you can't handle it, don't play it.", here's an idea: Microsoft, respond to your complaints, you fat, lazy group of nerds. I love Microsoft, but if they let people say racist and homophobic things to people just because they're different, I would happily give up Xbox Live.
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
I get picked on because of my australian accentdunnedlor
dude austrilian accents r tight
juiceb0xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 juiceb0xx
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts

I hear "cracker" more times a day then I can count.MuffinPunk

yeah I think its about even, in CoD4 i get grouped with black people and they are more racist than some rl people I know. Its pathetic how ignorant people are to have to point differences that none of us had a choice in. So please dont think its just black people getting picked on, its pretty even in the long run.

PaVILiOn_010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#30 PaVILiOn_010
Member since 2006 • 382 Posts
[QUOTE="mjl259"]Why do you get mad at people on live - Your muslim friend probably deserved to get picked on anyways...I mean he shouldnt be telling people what his religious preference is online anyways - its for gaming, not preaching! I mean seriously, what do you expect, were at war with radical muslims. GET OVER IT! I make fun of muslims online if they insult my country or give me a reason to!solo4321
your a jew lol

How is that funny?
RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#32 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts
black people get picked on xbox live because white people know that Barack Obama is going to be president and they're hatin. VOTE OBAMA
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

I'm cuban, so 1 out every 4 games there will be an ignorant player shouting out "BEANER!!!'

It irritates me, and sometimes actually gets me ma.

The funny part is that they always make the same two mistakes, (ehih i rant on them for hours afterwards)

1) They then try to imitate a mexican accent, and end up doing an arabian one.(think Abu from the simpsons)

2) They think Mexican is a language( they say "sorry, beaner, i don't speak mexican")

thus making them look like more of the retards they are

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts
The human race is fundamentally insane. Put two of them in a room and they'll start devising ways to kill each other over politics and religion.
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
[QUOTE="solo4321"][QUOTE="mjl259"]Why do you get mad at people on live - Your muslim friend probably deserved to get picked on anyways...I mean he shouldnt be telling people what his religious preference is online anyways - its for gaming, not preaching! I mean seriously, what do you expect, were at war with radical muslims. GET OVER IT! I make fun of muslims online if they insult my country or give me a reason to!PaVILiOn_010
your a jew lol

How is that funny?

oh idk he was talking crap about muslims and im muslim so....yeah
Avatar image for TIE_Elite_Pilot
TIE_Elite_Pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 TIE_Elite_Pilot
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts
Dude, it's not just black people. I've had more than a few pricks try to talk s**t to me and i'm white. white/black/jew/muslim/british/gay . . . fact is, it's the internet, it's anonymous, and as much as you may not like it, it is the first amendment (minus a$$=beatings that would normally follow). People will say what ever they want. And there will always be a new wave of tweens signing up, so it won't ever stop (unless of course they get V-Shipped like in South Park the movie).
AireeeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AireeeZ
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts
I got trashed for sounding like a Russian in a game of GTAIV by some kid with a squeaky voice. I found it funny cuz it sounded like he was gonna sh1t his pants, and no, I am not a Russian.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
because little kids can hide behind a name and a microphone. they can say w/e they want the lil bastards
nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
ppl wanna make themselves feel better and xbl is the only place where u can be racist to someone and not get beat up.
Avatar image for IIGuttersharkII
IIGuttersharkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IIGuttersharkII
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts

I stopped playing with a headset because it got so bad. What ever happend to being civil with other humans. We are different sure, but we should learn to accept those differences, I always have and its made me a better person. Unlike those people who go around saying Racial slurs just to get some attention.

Also, the other day I beat a guy in a 1v1 match in Halo3 and i did not say anything the whole time. As soon as the game was done he said "Your a N(you know the rest)" I was so disgusted, I now have to mute people in a 1v1 game!.

armyman_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#42 armyman_22
Member since 2004 • 1492 Posts
Im black and I think its not just black but anyone can get picked on. Thats because the internet breeds people who think they are brave because no one can see them. Which is why I only talk to my family members online. Xbox live was suppose to be able to seperate and match you with certain gamers, but more and more im thinking thats impossible because if you want to get achievements or be on a leader board you have to go to ranked matches and whose there? People who take it too seriously. I noticed that the gamers who are truely good dont even talk they just kill or execute. The people who talk trash just are bullies who find weaker gamers to build their rep.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
everyone is racist
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
All across the board its unacceptable behavior.....it all comes from a Lack of intelligence, self respect, poor social skills, and overall insecurities in people. Its sad, when I first started gaming online....I was shocked that foul speach would be coming from the youngest voices. Or an old guy would be cussing out a child. SMH...overall its unacceptable. Have more respect for YOURSELVES...and treat others how you want to be treated. Simple...yet oh so hard.
kunal1092000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kunal1092000
Member since 2003 • 920 Posts

cuz all the white kids r scared to pick on them in real life scared they would get whooped so they do it in the safety of live lol pretty simple, dun have to worry about anything if u do say some stupid stuff lolLightColor

Exaclty what he said ^^

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

well, we can all agree on one thing

"The world is a sick place"

p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
Because we have try hard kids on xbox live
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

Because if they were to say something like that to an african-american fellow in real life, the african-american fellow would call up 20 of his "cousins" to jump the guy and probably kill him. So yeah, of course they're afraid to do it in real life, because most black people (maybe not all, but most) will not fight one-on-one.

But in all seriousness, it's not just blacks, it's everyone. I've heard black people running around saying "cracka" just as much as white people using the "N-word", but people accept that because whites don't go all up in arms and start shooting and sueing people when we're called "cracka". It's not that blacks are being singled out, it's just that there's a massive double standard. Just like if a black comedian gets up and talks about how stupid white people are, yet if a white comedian were to do the same about blacks, there would be an outrage (remember Kramer? If Chris Rock was heckled by white people and he called them "crackas" it would have been perfectly acceptable.

SkillzBeenMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SkillzBeenMad
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts

Because if they were to say something like that to an african-american fellow in real life, the african-american fellow would call up 20 of his "cousins" to jump the guy and probably kill him. So yeah, of course they're afraid to do it in real life, because most black people (maybe not all, but most) will not fight one-on-one.

But in all seriousness, it's not just blacks, it's everyone. I've heard black people running around saying "cracka" just as much as white people using the "N-word", but people accept that because whites don't go all up in arms and start shooting and sueing people when we're called "cracka". It's not that blacks are being singled out, it's just that there's a massive double standard. Just like if a black comedian gets up and talks about how stupid white people are, yet if a white comedian were to do the same about blacks, there would be an outrage (remember Kramer? If Chris Rock was heckled by white people and he called them "crackas" it would have been perfectly acceptable.

decepticondevil

lmfao wtf...you went on a rampage there...you seem bottled up and frustrated...im black and i been a few fights and i never once grabbed my "cousins"....as a matter of fact most of the fights i seen with black people have been one on one where did you get that stat from sir ???