What would happen if Xbox 360 is banned and what about futre Xbox 360 games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentRaven77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentRaven77
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts
If it does happen what will this mean for Xbox 360 gamers and upcoming games. Halo 4 is due out on 11/4 and it's Xbox 360 biggest game and the following week Call of Duty Black Ops 2 so what does this also mean for those games. I know that Mircosoft isn't going to let this one get away and the will fight this. Pulse that does this mean to gamers who brought an Xbox 360 250GB since I brought one last year, will they force my to sale my system for a refund, or just send the FBI to arrest me. For one I'm not buying a new Xbox 360 because i just brought the 250GB last year and remeber this is election and if Obama does this then it could cost him to be re-elected.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#2 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Is there a motion underway to ban the XBox 360? I wasn't aware of one.

AgentRaven77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AgentRaven77
The judges could banned the sale of Xbox 360, and the question is what are they going to force people who brought the 250GB and 4GB which they are banned to turn it over. Also most people aren't going to buy a different Xbox 360 because of the cost (the 250GB cost around $299.99) If it does happen then will Mircosoft tell those gamers who brought those model will turn it in to store for a different model without buy a new one. Now Mircosoft ain't dumb to do what.
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Why should it affect games?

They aren't going to make everyone who's ever bought a 360 to give it back to the shop they bought it from.

AgentRaven77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AgentRaven77

They aren't going to make everyone who's ever bought a 360 to give it back to the shop they bought it from.

TTDog
I'm talking bout the250GB and 4GB system because they are banning those but the one who brought over if they used them. they can't tell people to turn it over because they can't arrest a million of Xbox 360 gamers who used them. I don't have the money for a new system right now
Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts
[QUOTE="TTDog"]

AgentRaven77
I'm talking bout the250GB and 4GB system because they are banning those but the one who brought over if they used them. they can't tell people to turn it over because they can't arrest a million of Xbox 360 gamers who used them. I don't have the money for a new system right now

Why are they banning 360s I've never heard this besides in Germany .
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#7 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts

[QUOTE="AgentRaven77"][QUOTE="TTDog"]

Venom951

Why are they banning 360s I've never heard this besides in Germany .

A judge on the International Trade Comission thinks the 4 GB and 250 GB Xbox 360 S consoles should be banned in the US. Link.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

lol if it is banned your not going to have to give up your 360. It just means that stores would have to stop selling the 360 model in question and ill tell you know MS will keep 360s in stroes no matter what the cost. They will most likely end up working out a deal with motorola but if not they will redesign the system and remove the the stuff in question. Hell they will go back to producing an older model if they have to because ceasing 360 sales all together would be disastrous. MS has teh means and the will so no matter what happens there will be xbox's in stores.

Maor-Teo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maor-Teo
Member since 2012 • 87 Posts
It won't happen.
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Not gonna happen man.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

Not too bright are you AgentRaven?

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I'll like to see them try and take away my baby 360! :evil:

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
They will never take my 360 and Microsoft will find way to keep 360 in stores
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Could it happen? Of course...it 'could' happen. Will it happen? Most likely not. Money talks. It is in both parties best interest to settle (Microsoft keeps selling units, Other party gets paid). Courts also tend to take that into account and often 'force' resolutions. On the off chance it did happen, it would most likely push Microsoft to roll out the next gen sooner. -that might not be the best idea as rushed consoles with less than stellar initial lineups do not tend to fare as well (can't suddenly force all these developers to roll out great games that much sooner) It should not have an affect on games being released for the 360other than a quicker shift to next gen/faster abandonment of current gen...but, as I said, almost certain it will not happen
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

It will probably be settled out of court. However if it isn't, they would force Microsoft to take Xbox Live offline and cease all future sales the of 360. They may not ask you to turn your systems in, but they sure will make you not want to play it either.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

lmao @ microsoft!

hahahahaha!

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

out of the BILLIONS of dollars and BUSLOADS of AAA lawyers that MS has there is no chance in hell this will ever happen,

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#19 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

It won't happen. Maor-Teo

Exactly. Just forget about this "issue".

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#20 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
The system has been out for seven years, it wouldn't be difficult to find one
Faithbringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#21 Faithbringer
Member since 2004 • 103 Posts

Well, if it will happens, since pigs got wings throught evolution and fly around the world in 2 seconds...wait...

Seriously, MS would not let it happen. This "Judge" must have got nervous/sucks with the MP in CoD with people cursing every single bad word on his mother and now he wants to make the owners pay the price....

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="TTDog"]

AgentRaven77

No they can't make people turn them over because one, that has nothing to do with what they are trying to do, and two, because what? Reading is a wonderful invention that while I understand may be new to you is in fact a very old tradition among humans. It can help to understand that this deals with imports plus sales and not the act of barging into peoples houses and taking their Xbox 360s.

FoxeoGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 FoxeoGames
Member since 2011 • 55 Posts

Please bear in mind what this ruling would actually do, not the ignorant rumors of people who don't know anything about civil law.

MYTH #1: This would prevent the sale of Xbox 360's from now on!

TRUTH: No, it would only prevent the sale of Xbox 360's using the particular technology in dispute. Microsoft could redesign the Xbox 360 using tech from a different manufacturer.

MYTH #2: People will have to turn in their Xbox 360's!!

TRUTH: No, you will never be required to surrender your Xbox 360. Anyone who bought one can continue to use it.

MYTH #3: Xbox Live will go down!

TRUTH: No, Xbox Live will be unaffected by the ruling.

MYTH #4: There will be no new games for Xbox 360!

TRUTH: Developers can make their own decision to release games or not, and most developers would still release games with any substantial development costs already put in. Think about it -- most gamers already own a console for which they buy a game. It would have minimal impact on games released at this time, as most gamers are buying games for consoles that they have had for years.

MYTH #5: This will kill Microsoft's place in the gaming industry!

TRUTH: While it will hurt them, it won't be as significant a blow as people make it out to be. The Xbox 360 is likely going to see the final couple years of its lifecycle here, so the "XBOX NEXT" will likely come out sooner given Microsoft would have more resources to devote to it at that point.

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#24 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Not too bright are you AgentRaven?

chilly-chill

+1

MicrosoftRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MicrosoftRules
Member since 2012 • 835 Posts
I would purchase a PC for gaming alone and slap an Xbox sticker on the side as well as repurchase Gears of War 3, Alan Wake, Left 4 Dead 2, etc.
theonlylolking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 theonlylolking
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

lol if it is banned your not going to have to give up your 360. It just means that stores would have to stop selling the 360 model in question and ill tell you know MS will keep 360s in stroes no matter what the cost. They will most likely end up working out a deal with motorola but if not they will redesign the system and remove the the stuff in question. Hell they will go back to producing an older model if they have to because ceasing 360 sales all together would be disastrous. MS has teh means and the will so no matter what happens there will be xbox's in stores.

Gen007
The problem is that they(M$) already knew that they were breaking a patent.(they said it themselves)
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The ban would effect the import of Xbox 360 S consoles from China. So Microsoft would just be able to rely on existing stock in the retail channel. It really wouldn't affect Microsoft too much since 67 million consoles have been sold. Everyone who wants an Xbox 360 console has one by now. What would hurt MS the most is to have to pay a fine on the 67 million consoles it has sold since November 2005. depending on the amount levied by the court judgement.

New Xbox 360 console sales from 2012-2013. Not really expected to be huge. 1 million more. The penalty for the already sold consoles is where MS 'could" suffer. Plus there are plenty of new and used Xbox 360 to get MS/and people who still want to buy a 360 to the 8th generation.

This is just an import ban if it goes though. MS will just settle out of court in the worst case. they could even easy pay a huge fine.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Never going to happen. These kind of things pop up all the time and the companies settle. The same thing was supposed to happen to the PS3, the ipad, and others.

thermalvision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thermalvision
Member since 2012 • 146 Posts

i dnt have any problem ....coz i dnt have a xbox 360 ..hahaha