What should they fix for Gears 2?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mikey289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mikey289
Member since 2005 • 1949 Posts

I know Gears 2 is still a long way off, and I posted this on the Gears of War 2 forum, but that place is dead,sooo....

Gears IMO is a very good game, but it still has some major flaws. In this thread just post what needs to be fixed or what you want fixed.

1. A less random shotgun, sometimes ill shoot someone from a foot away and he'll take some serious damage but not die, other times ill shoot someone from a foot away and they'll explode into a million pieces. Sometimes it will take 2 shots to down someone other times like 4, and this is just normal shotgun no active or perfect reloads on it.

2. NO HOST ADVANTAGE, I dont know if this is even possible to remove this without having dedicated server, but if it is removable it better be.

Anyone else have some annoyances with this game?

Game_Lover70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Game_Lover70
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts
Yer the host advantage that sucks
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
Singleplayer... looks like they know to make a fun singleplayer, even though it is short.

Multiplayer... needs to be less random.  It feels like you can never truely get good at this game, it just feels like you get one guy fighting another guy, and nobody knows who is going to win... then someone's head is blown off, or someone falls to their knees.  It's just not my thing.
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hachiman128
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts
Longer singleplayer with crazier things to kill (on top of berserkers and Corpsers), ditch the host advantage, and improve shotguns on MP (fix, not buff).
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
well.... i hope we get to fight atleast one Brumak
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
get a first person/3rd person over the shoulder set up like in rainbow six. so your first person until u get on walls. i liked that.
coconutblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 coconutblues
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

I can't wait for this game!!  I want more bosses!!

-end

blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts
Adjusting the AI so in SP you actually have to flank the enemies to do significant damage, not just sit there and shoot their heads when they pop up.  It's just such a bad use of a great cover mechanic.  And yea, dedicated servers for sure.  It's just embarassing for console gaming in general at the moment.
jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts

Bullet lag, Put a scope on the lancer and give it more range. Make rolling a little less fluid. Spawn with nades. Less devasting Melee imo this game is a mess but tis fun so yeah.

ericroxs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 ericroxs
Member since 2006 • 850 Posts
more cog tags
Avatar image for forgotten_relic
forgotten_relic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 forgotten_relic
Member since 2005 • 387 Posts

What they need to do for Gears 2 is work on the ranked matches.  What would be awesome would be if they made it possible to play 1 on 1 or 2 on 2.   With all of these new games comming out all the time, it takes 20 min some times to get all 6, just to play.  With all of the millions playing the game it cant take FOREVER and can be upsetting when you have a few people there who want to play but cant play and get there achievements due to the fact we only have 4 people there and cant start the ranked game untill we get atleast 6.  I hope that they can do something soon with the game now but who know's.

Having the ability to fly a helicopter and blow up people on the ground just like in Destroy All Humans 1 (xbox), whould be really awesome as well for Gears 2.

Avatar image for MjolnirMaster51
MjolnirMaster51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MjolnirMaster51
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
I agree w/ sandroDX.  I want to fight at least one Brumak, another corpser, less Berserkers, and I wouldn't mind driving again, but not at night.  I hope that they elaborate big time on the story.  They'll probably give clues as to where Dom's wife is and maybe Marcus's dad is really alive.  And, I just get this feeling that Hoffman's gonna die.
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
Split screen: add an option for a vertical split. It works better for this type of game and on widescreen tv's. Grenades: make the movement of the grenade throwing arc independent of the camera. When trying to throw long distances you often end up looking at the sky and you can't even see the target.
D3monXg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 D3monXg
Member since 2007 • 105 Posts
getting rid of the host BS would be nice
pandaman37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 pandaman37
Member since 2006 • 1132 Posts
they need to get rid of hosting because of advantage and the achievement because nobody ever joins some peoples games so everybody cannot get the achievement... also longer story, with a lot more game modes, weps, and AI to fight. also changing melee is better
Mikey289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mikey289
If EPIC could have a day where they hold an open meeting somehow, where they get some of their fans in their and listen to thier suggestions, I believe they make an amazing game.
trickazzmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 trickazzmark
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
make a longer single player that actually has a solid story! all the glitching problems like the shotgun chainsaw, weapon sliding, crab walkin, chainsaw glitch gotta go...take away the host advantage for the love of jebus! more weapons to chose from, rather than gettin into a shotgun frenzy more than 70% of the time. bigger teams. modes like capture the flag, last man standing. etc. etc.
trickazzmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 trickazzmark
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
also having a knife as a side weapon would be really nice
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Client side hit detection, Epic servers, less random shot detection, less glitches.
sgpicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sgpicker
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts

Mutliplayer: Everything

Campaign: Nothing

ragincoley86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ragincoley86
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts

1. When someone is running towards you with the grenades you should be able to shoot it our their hands. Either stuns them or explodes them

2. When you run out of boomshot bullets you should be able to put grenades in there and shoot those. Put in one grenade and you shoots a linear shoot toward an enemy. Put in two and the grenades get tied together and spins whens its shoot. Giving it more range.

LUK3isH3RE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LUK3isH3RE
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Maybe take some pressure off the A Button, so that it doesn't control running, rolling AND covering.

Also, make chainsawing a little more fair. It would be cool if they could intergrate some kind of button-bashing system so that you could counter it or something.

And, maybe make some slightly bigger maps with vehicles, although I wouldn't want them to recieve TOO much emphasis.

Then there's the obvious Glitches and Host advant.

Other than this GoW is a great game.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

single player:

- longer.  around 12-15 hours

- better boss fights.  instead of just using the hammer of dawn, make bossfights where other weapons are needed to kill them.  have a boss fight where the enemy is far away and you have to rely on your sniper.  and then have another boss fight where you have to hit the weak spots with the torque bow.  it would be pretty cool to have a boss fight where your opponent can somehow get around cover really easy (by flight or by going underground), and you have to constantly have to find new cover to defeat them.

- make the delta squad be speacialized in different things.  have one be a sniper, another be the demolition man... that sort of thing.

weapons:

- just make more of them.  some weapon ideas could be guns that can shoot through thin cover but does less damage, or a sentry gun that you can throw over cover.

multiplayer:

- use client side hit detection (get rid of host advantage).

- make more assymetrical maps.

*** things that SHOULD be done so that MP will actually have people PLAYING LIKE THE SINGLE PLAYER COMPONENT (I.E. have people take cover, no huge reliance on the shotgun):

- boost the damage and range of the lancer.  have people actually fear its damage when running out in the open from mid range.

- have splash damage of grenades/boomshot be able to penetrate thin cover... this way they don't become useless in this new "cover-heavy" style of play

- put a scope on the pistol... that way people are not encouraged to just go up to someone with the blindfire/melee combo with it.

- most of all... bring back the insanity (or insane, i forgot what it was called) meter.  this was something that epic decided to take out because it made the game too hard, but seeing as many beat the game on insane without much trouble, then this addition should be welcoming to those who want a challenge, and i think it would be an awesome addition to the MP.

basically, you would have two meters... one for your health, and one called the insanity meter.  when you popped out of cover to fire and was getting hit, your life meter would go down.  but once you were down in cover but still being fired at, your insanity meter would go up (since people are trying to blast you with loads of bullet... who wouldn't go crazy under those conditions).  if you stayed up to long firing at people or your stayed in cover for too long, your life meter would go down all the way or your insanity meter would go up all the way.

having either your life meter down or your insanity meter all the way up would make you go down (for some flare... before you go down due to your insanity meter, you would shoot yourself in the head with your pistol).  this would make it so that people are constantly moving from cover to cover, and the game won't be more along the lines of "who becomes more impatient and then sticks out  of cover."

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts
ahh... it was called the morale meter... not insanity meter.
f8al13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 f8al13
Member since 2006 • 878 Posts
Longer single player with a better story line. More variety for weapons (I know they don't have lots because there'll all so different but we can still have more).  Take away host advantage.
gamerguy31315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 gamerguy31315
Member since 2005 • 532 Posts

Singleplayer... looks like they know to make a fun singleplayer, even though it is short.

Multiplayer... needs to be less random. It feels like you can never truely get good at this game, it just feels like you get one guy fighting another guy, and nobody knows who is going to win... then someone's head is blown off, or someone falls to their knees. It's just not my thing.
ag1002

no offence but you deffinatly can get good at this game. it is ALOT of skill. it may be slightly random with the shotgun at close range but it is DEFFINATLY as game that requires skill. and i also disagree with the more in depth singleplayer. i know they would never do this but i whole heartedly support a multiplayer only gears of war. oblivion had the biggest singleplayer any game had seen on the 360 , some people getting 100 + hours. even if the gears singleplayer was that long which it would never be, myself and many others would still get more enjoyment and fun out of the online. most of the people i play with who LOVE the online havnt ever played the singleplayer. single is a side dish, it is disposable. multiplayer is where it matters. 

RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#27 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts

hammerburst and lancer need more teeth (esp lancer)

lower shotgun power 

no invulnerability during animations like chainsawing or curbstomping. if you are sawing someone and an opponent shoots you in the head, you should die then and there. the guy you chainsawed, however, would still be dead, they would just have to have different deaths like maybe you die with a huge deep groove in the chest with blood spurting out instead of being cleaved in half all the way. 

with curbstomping, you should be able to kill someone at the last second and then go save your buddy while the corpse of the guy about to stomp him topples over, foot still raised

the morale meter sounds cool, they could use it for a fourth difficulty called suicidal

some mp coop challenges, like a game mode where you have to fight of waves of different enemies, or where you have to get through a map full of enemies with an artifact or something

bigger maps for 8v8 games

CTF (or variant)

glitch-proof multplayer

Svefn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Svefn
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts

A more lengthly, varied single player. The visuals were absolutely stunning, but I couldn't help but feel as if I was constantly being shuffled through the same area. Sad part is, there were actually many different locations the game took you through... from the prison through the courtyards and mansions to the passageways beneath the soil and a derelict factory... you all know... but the whole time I never really felt as if I was seeing anything new, even though I was.

I dunno, hard to explain. I just REALLY hope the next Gears chapter has a very promising single player with all types of varied landscapes and walkways. Oh, and 4 player co-op with an additional extreme difficulty setting for 4 players only. Right. 

SupraAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SupraAssassin
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts
I want host advantage 2 go away and all the damn glitches to be fixed. I can shoot the host 20 times with the shotgun and all he has to do is turn around and shoot me once with his shtty and my head goes flying off. Cliffy Motha F'ing B and his host powers
slapshakle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 slapshakle
Member since 2004 • 4410 Posts

*** things that SHOULD be done so that MP will actually have people PLAYING LIKE THE SINGLE PLAYER COMPONENT (I.E. have people take cover, no huge reliance on the shotgun):

c0mplex

I don't think that would be a good idea, since a normal player isn't going to just stand there while you shoot them with a lancer. If everyone sat back and took cover the whole time the game would become very dull. I think the actual maps are what sets the pace of the game. Raven down is just and all out shoutgun fest, Bullet Marsh on the other hand is alot slower with drawn out sniper battles.

heyheydoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heyheydoh
Member since 2005 • 1859 Posts

Bullet lag, Put a scope on the lancer and give it more range. Make rolling a little less fluid. Spawn with nades. Less devasting Melee imo this game is a mess but tis fun so yeah.

jarhead1990

If everyone spawned with nades, there would be no real fight, everyone would just tag all the time.

Spartan874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Spartan874
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts
all they need to do is fix all the glitches, make sp longer, and add more cool stuff (weapons, characters, VEHICLES, enemies, etc)
blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts
Client Side hit detection in MP.  An increased emphasis on flanking and mauvering in SP.  In Multiplayer you have to move, in single player you just stay in one place and shoot their heads when they pop up, does that seem right to you?  (it doesn't to me...)
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts

The bugs/glitches, longer single player mode, better multiplayer (ie. better multiplayer maps and modes).

In short pretty much everything except the voice acting/sound and the graphics. 

lastemp11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lastemp11
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
the consistency of the shotgun needs to be fixed and even though the cover system is good it needs work like when you ar trying to run away from someone and you keep getting caught on walls and stuff like that I think those are the only real majorish problems
DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DoctorFunk
Member since 2002 • 18740 Posts

Make it last more than 8 hours on single player (1st play)

A story would be welcomed, but hey, that's just me.

Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
Completely overhaul the multiplayer.
sammycerat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sammycerat1
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

4 player co op more weapon more boss more mission

Crimson540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Crimson540
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
They need to do something with the chainsaw.  I get tired of getting chainsawed when I'm ten feet away from the person.  It automatically sucks me in and I can't do a thing.  It should be made to where you actually control what you saw, not where it automatically does the same animation every time.  Like being able to cut your enemy's arms off or something.
DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DoctorFunk
Member since 2002 • 18740 Posts
Completely overhaul the multiplayer.Raidea
True. Hate it with a passion, and I can't pinpoint exactly why.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#41 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts

Multiplayer... needs to be less random.  It feels like you can never truely get good at this game, it just feels like you get one guy fighting another guy, and nobody knows who is going to win... then someone's head is blown off, or someone falls to their knees.  It's just not my thing.
ag1002
i agree. longer single player, less random multiplayer.
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
Change the story up, maybe there is some human to locust betrayal, whether it's a locust betraying the locust, or a human betraying humans.
Belaisdead6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Belaisdead6
Member since 2006 • 225 Posts
I think it be more interesting if the main protaginists were the lotus instead of a bunch of boogans.
palmer09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 palmer09
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
they cant take host away, it is not programed in the game, the host has an advantage because everyone has to connect to the host
randomhero13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 randomhero13
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
respawns.
*ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 *ShadowX
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
dunno if its already been said but...they need to put a dual-gun (akimbo)...like in halo2.....and they need to make a new gun like a uzi
Mikey289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mikey289
Some guy said to get rid of Host advantage they need Client Side HIt Detection, what is this? I think Gears uses Server Side HIt detection( Can anyone tell me if this is right or not?) Where all the shots and everything is being run through the host's connection then back into the game, or something of that sort. But what difference is CSHD.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

Some guy said to get rid of Host advantage they need Client Side HIt Detection, what is this? I think Gears uses Server Side HIt detection( Can anyone tell me if this is right or not?) Where all the shots and everything is being run through the host's connection then back into the game, or something of that sort. But what difference is CSHD.Mikey289

Client side wont get rid of the advantage, but it would help a little, client side means that there is no need to lead your shots and where ever you fire even though there will still be a delay you will hit exactly where you fired, the shots dont register on the hosts only but on all connections, but of course the game is still running on one host so he will still have the jump on you in terms of speed. Only one way you can get rid of host advantage and thats dedicated servers but Microsoft dont care about quality, just money, and Epic dont realise that the 360 community understands what client side is.

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

Make the single player section of the game focus a little more on the story.  Gears of War seemed to have a good story behind it, we just rarely got to actually hear about it.  It was always about the here and now.  Also like to know why the Locust are engaging in this war.

In Gears of War 2 I would like to learn a little more about Marcus' past.  Starting off with his trial. 

tokenisadog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tokenisadog
Member since 2007 • 232 Posts
those damn glitches, better game modes such as capture the flag with 12 players. stages that arent identical on each side. oh and longer single player. also a better rank system like the one in halo.