what game had the best sequel?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xRealXDeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xRealXDeal
Member since 2011 • 32 Posts

Imo I think that red dead redemption is the bigges step a video game franchise has ever tooken in just one game.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
Id say ME2, though the first game was almost as good... I liked what happened to GTA, despite what some might say about San An.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

Half Life 2 (The Orange Box) for Xbox 360.

For all games all time probably TIE Fighter (sequel to X-Wing).

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

KC_Hokie

I do have to agree HL1 to HL2 is another planet even though both games were exceptional. I wouldn't say the orange box in general cause its really just a small expansion of the story with modded games, portal and team fortress 2.

LapisLazuliOre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LapisLazuliOre
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts

KC_Hokie
Half Life 2 would have been the perfect sequel if not for the long ass loading sessions.
gamnerd95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamnerd95
Member since 2011 • 41 Posts

Mass effect 2 definitely

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
The best game for a sequel=Mass Effect 2, The biggest improvement in a sequel=Assassins Creed 2
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

LapisLazuliOre
Half Life 2 would have been the perfect sequel if not for the long ass loading sessions.

Install the game. No problems.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Dead space. DS2 improved in njust about every conceivable way! (minus a survival mode.)

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#11 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
For me it's Gears 2. Sure the MP wasn't the best, but it's my favorite game of all time. For now...
Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts
Id say ME2, though the first game was almost as good... I liked what happened to GTA, despite what some might say about San An.Witchsight
This Mass Effect 2 is the best sequel i have ever played.
z50macdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 z50macdaddy
Member since 2010 • 498 Posts

I going to say Saint's Row 2.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
mass effect 2 gears of war2 dead space2
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

gears of war 1 to gears of war 2 was a great story making gears to a great sequal very sad tho.. imagine gears 3. that story is gona be hypedd

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

The best game for a sequel=Mass Effect 2, The biggest improvement in a sequel=Assassins Creed 2KeredsBlaze

What he said.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

For the Xbox 360....Mass Effect 2 or Assassin's Creed 2. Both really improved on the first game.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts
Batman games, prince of Persian , fatal frame , dynasty warriors games are the best games! Must play sequels!
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Assassin's Creed 2
VexxRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 VexxRed
Member since 2010 • 39 Posts

IF you count Red Dead Redemption to be a sequel of Red Dead Revolver, then it gets my vote. if not, then i'd have to go with Mass Effect 2 and Gears Of War 2.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#21 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
I'd go with Assassin's Creed II that game imrpoved vastly while maintaining the same essence
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Single player: Assassin's Creed >Assassin's Creed 2. Multiplayer(believe it or not): Left 4 Dead > Left 4 Dead 2. My reasoning here has to do more with the construction of the game rather than the surface elements- I much preferred the characters from L4D, but L4D2 tweaked the spawning system, the AI Director and even the framerate- not to mention the number of zombies on screen at once. And for fun, I'll just add that if Next Level Games manages to get the opportunity to make another Captain America game, I think it would be a huge improvement over it's predecessor.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

On the 360, to me, the game with the best sequel is Dead Space. Amazing game, and Dead Space 2 only improved on it.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I'd say the biggest improvement I've seen was taking GTA2 into GTA3 with the full 3D environment and basically creating the sandbox genre. You can't possibly top that one.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Mass Effect 2 Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - the AI was improved
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wwervin
[QUOTE="shaunchgo"]Mass Effect 2 Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - the AI was improved

lol no offense or anything but the AI being improved in a game doesn't exactly qualify it for the "best sequel" award.
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zevvion
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

Two titles come to mind. Usually, I don't like sequels better than the first game. I enjoy them, but they mostly make minor improvements and some big ones. But there are only two titles that I can mention that improved on almost everything the first game had to offer.

Of course, Mass Effect 2 and Just Cause 2.

The only thing I disliked in ME2 was that planet exploration was stripped, instead of improved upon and the story was a little less awesome than the first. Otherwise, everything was improved dramatically.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

gears of war 1 to gears of war 2 was a great story making gears to a great sequal very sad tho.. imagine gears 3. that story is gona be hypedd

RiKanKiDD
notsureiftroll, gears 2 was a horrible sequel.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KeredsBlaze
I see some ppl saying Dead Space 2--I loved the game and it did improve in a lot of ways, however I thought that the story was nowhere as good in the 2nd game as it was on the Ishimura. I did love the action in the second game though
ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts
Uncharted 2. Oh wait, you Xbox losers dont have it. :PVanillamarble
Really? You wanted go there? Hmm, let me think what xbox has? Gears, Halo, fable. Oh yeah, at least our network system didn't get hack in to and got shut down for a month.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wwervin
lol that's exactly why I pay for my Xbox Live, I don't have to worry about my personal information going out to some hacker team and then not be allowed to game online for over a month.
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zevvion
lol that's exactly why I pay for my Xbox Live, I don't have to worry about my personal information going out to some hacker team and then not be allowed to game online for over a month.wwervin
If the hackers that hacked Sony wanted to hack Microsoft they could. Make no mistake, security only goes so far to protect against certain hackers. But those that hacked Sony were seriously good. They could hack Microsoft if they wanted.
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RiKanKiDD
[QUOTE="RiKanKiDD"]

Microsoft1234
notsureiftroll, gears 2 was a horrible sequel.

the multiplayer was horriblee. but the single player was not.
RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RiKanKiDD
Uncharted 2. Oh wait, you Xbox losers dont have it. :PVanillamarble
ps3 and playstation network it self is just pure garbage. we dont need uncharted to be happy. we have gears and halo and alot more titles for the xbox that ps3 cant even touchh. Whenn you have a network system that doesnt git jacked up by hackers and brings all players down. you can come talk to us Xbox live gamers but as of now. Xbox or Busttttttt
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KeredsBlaze
[QUOTE="wwervin"]lol that's exactly why I pay for my Xbox Live, I don't have to worry about my personal information going out to some hacker team and then not be allowed to game online for over a month.Zevvion
If the hackers that hacked Sony wanted to hack Microsoft they could. Make no mistake, security only goes so far to protect against certain hackers. But those that hacked Sony were seriously good. They could hack Microsoft if they wanted.

oh ok good argument
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

crysis 2 and mafia 2

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zevvion
[QUOTE="Zevvion"][QUOTE="wwervin"]lol that's exactly why I pay for my Xbox Live, I don't have to worry about my personal information going out to some hacker team and then not be allowed to game online for over a month.KeredsBlaze

oh ok good argument

You know it's true though right? That group hacked over 70 US police departments and published loads of personal information including credit card information off those hacks last week. I'm pretty sure Microsoft has better security than the police, but do you really doubt that group couldn't hack them? I'm pretty sure they could if they wanted.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wwervin
[QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"][QUOTE="Zevvion"] If the hackers that hacked Sony wanted to hack Microsoft they could. Make no mistake, security only goes so far to protect against certain hackers. But those that hacked Sony were seriously good. They could hack Microsoft if they wanted.Zevvion
oh ok good argument

You know it's true though right? That group hacked over 70 US police departments and published loads of personal information including credit card information off those hacks last week. I'm pretty sure Microsoft has better security than the police, but do you really doubt that group couldn't hack them? I'm pretty sure they could if they wanted.

Maybe they could, maybe they couldn't. Point is, to this date, they haven't. That means my money has been well spent. I also think that if for some reason they were able to hack it, Xbox Live would not be down for a whole month because of it. I'm also willing to bet that Microsoft wouldn't wait a week or whatever it was to even inform people that their security information had been compromised. So far, Xbox Live 1, PSN 0.
ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
Assassins Creed 2 is the definition of what a sequel should be. It took EVERYTHING that was wrong with the first game and made it 5x better.
rholding2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#41 rholding2000
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

halo

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KeredsBlaze
[QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"][QUOTE="Zevvion"] If the hackers that hacked Sony wanted to hack Microsoft they could. Make no mistake, security only goes so far to protect against certain hackers. But those that hacked Sony were seriously good. They could hack Microsoft if they wanted.Zevvion
oh ok good argument

I'm sure they've tried, or do you simply think they are microsoft fanboys or work for microsoft? lol
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zevvion

[QUOTE="Zevvion"][QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"] You know it's true though right? That group hacked over 70 US police departments and published loads of personal information including credit card information off those hacks last week. I'm pretty sure Microsoft has better security than the police, but do you really doubt that group couldn't hack them? I'm pretty sure they could if they wanted.KeredsBlaze
I'm sure they've tried, or do you simply think they are microsoft fanboys or work for microsoft? lol

Ehm, yes? Microsoft hired people who hacked them before. Sony on the other hand sued the people who hacked them, which is why they retaliated and hacked PSN. You should know that by now.

Maybe they could, maybe they couldn't. Point is, to this date, they haven't. That means my money has been well spent. I also think that if for some reason they were able to hack it, Xbox Live would not be down for a whole month because of it. I'm also willing to bet that Microsoft wouldn't wait a week or whatever it was to even inform people that their security information had been compromised. So far, Xbox Live 1, PSN 0.wwervin

Agreed. I have no doubt Microsoft would handle it better/faster.