What game can change the gaming Industry?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kngkng21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kngkng21
Member since 2007 • 509 Posts
what game in the near future or far can change the gaming industry? personally looks like to me gta 5 will take the award even though is not coming out till 2010 not even. or alan wake
HellaChinese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HellaChinese
Member since 2005 • 45 Posts

Talking about the change, GTA 3, have got to be a good example back in 2001, not sure if it was GTA 3 to come up with what they do but, it was the frist game in my head.

Back to the topic, maybe something no one can think of yet, zombied aliens from the sun?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts

what game in the near future or far can change the gaming industry? personally looks like to me gta 5 will take the award even though is not coming out till 2010 not even. or alan wakekngkng21

Why would GTA 5 change the gaming industry? All the GTA games have been the same since 3. That series has grown stale and is no longer leading the charge in innovation. I just don't see why you would mention GTA 5 when 4 is yet to be released and it doesn't look like it is bringing anything new to the table.

monolith66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 monolith66
Member since 2005 • 1180 Posts
I think tom clancy's End War is going to change the way RTS are played and made on the consoles.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
Battlefield: Bad Company is going to change how we play FPS games
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
to creat an over all change in the way games are percieved not only in the main stream but as a meduim over all, i don't think will happen for 10 years if at all. publishers are so set in there ways of just turning out the same old thing, for maximum profit and taking 0 chances that i don't think any 1 game or company can do it; the industry as a hole has to make an effort. everyone is talking about tweaks to gameplay and whatnot but thats not realy a change, it's more of a facelift meant to please the existing audiance while not even trying or acknowledging that there is one beyond the 18-32 year old boy.

clh_05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 clh_05
Member since 2005 • 442 Posts
Fallout 3 or Fable 2
Avatar image for IntenseGamingAZ
IntenseGamingAZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IntenseGamingAZ
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts

Well, gameplay type.

We need someone/something new. Creative minds, the money, and not some gaming company thats run by EA, or some other hard ass company. A company should be able to take its time. Anyway, everygame should have an adventure feeling to it, more zombie/survival games that can be shared online.

Samaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Samaki
Member since 2003 • 79 Posts
Shenmue 3 :)
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
Shenmue 3 :)Samaki
Unluckily they stoppeddeveloping shenmue 3, but it's a sequel and probably would be the same as the previous titles... according to what fans would want to play, that game was for the story.
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
To be honest, the only console that has changed the way we play is the wii, u want weirdness or variance u should probably go with that, the 360 is more for the traditional gamer, I love using the controller, and I'll never give it up for a nun-chuk
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
Yeah, GTAIV is coming out soon, and not V, that game isn't even in the works or even the talks right now. I think Final Fantasy XIII will be one of them, and Devil May Cry 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4. I haven't really heard of any great new games coming out on the 360 so far for this year other than DMC4, but what about Fable 2? I'm probably ignorant, but is that game in the makingright now? Lets just wait until more games are announced or released before you ask this question again. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune really set the standards high with the best graphics out there so far. I'm not sure about Crysis but that games' graphics are also amazing, I guess you can say that Crysis set the standards high as well because it has the craziest graphics out, no PCs can match the maximum settings unlike the 360 which obviously can. So lets keep this question for later when the bigger games come.
PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

Yeah, GTAIV is coming out soon, and not V, that game isn't even in the works or even the talks right now. I think Final Fantasy XIII will be one of them, and Devil May Cry 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4. I haven't really heard of any great new games coming out on the 360 so far for this year other than DMC4, but what about Fable 2? I'm probably ignorant, but is that game in the makingright now? Lets just wait until more games are announced or released before you ask this question again. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune really set the standards high with the best graphics out there so far. I'm not sure about Crysis but that games' graphics are also amazing, I guess you can say that Crysis set the standards high as well because it has the craziest graphics out, no PCs can match the maximum settings unlike the 360 which obviously can. So lets keep this question for later when the bigger games come.SPD_WeBmAsTaH

You're confusing 'good games' with games that will change the industry.

Jam_FDUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jam_FDUK
Member since 2005 • 904 Posts

Good question. I'd say there are a couple off the top of my head:

As someone already mentioned, EndWar is trying to break a lot of ground with RTS games on a console.

LittleBigPlanet seems to be changing the way we think of platform games and in-game content.

dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dlind70
Member since 2004 • 2816 Posts

On Xbox360: Too Human. SK is basically attempting "WoW" on a console.

It may not change the industry as it will prove that a good concept should never be thrown out, can last a decade, and still (hopefully) deliver.

*cough*Duke Nukeum Forever*cough*

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Spore? It's not a 360 game, but the question being asked here is a bit vague in terms of the timeline they're asking for, which seems to point towards the games yet-to-be-released.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

[QUOTE="SPD_WeBmAsTaH"]Yeah, GTAIV is coming out soon, and not V, that game isn't even in the works or even the talks right now. I think Final Fantasy XIII will be one of them, and Devil May Cry 4, and Metal Gear Solid 4. I haven't really heard of any great new games coming out on the 360 so far for this year other than DMC4, but what about Fable 2? I'm probably ignorant, but is that game in the makingright now? Lets just wait until more games are announced or released before you ask this question again. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune really set the standards high with the best graphics out there so far. I'm not sure about Crysis but that games' graphics are also amazing, I guess you can say that Crysis set the standards high as well because it has the craziest graphics out, no PCs can match the maximum settings unlike the 360 which obviously can. So lets keep this question for later when the bigger games come.PiNwOrM

You're confusing 'good games' with games that will change the industry.

thats what every poster in this topic has done pretty much, none of them are looking at the big picture on what could possibly be industry shattering.

petch117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 petch117
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts

To be honest, the only console that has changed the way we play is the wii, u want weirdness or variance u should probably go with that, the 360 is more for the traditional gamer, I love using the controller, and I'll never give it up for a nun-chukKeitarourashima

I agree that the because of the wii the gaming industry will change at least with controllers the next generation that comes in a few years, I mean imagine playing gears or halo with the motion controls would be interesting. I would prefer something that is breakaway that i remember seeing possible pics of because then you could play either way you want.

Coheeds_Avatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Coheeds_Avatar
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
I have to agree with those before me who brought up End War. Think about it. Right now, we're looking at a game that will recognize speech fora good number of commands. If this ends up being successful, which I have a pretty good feeling it will, we could begin seeing other games pushing that limit further. It's not completelyridiculous to guessthat in the near future we may see some serious voice involvement in single player games. I don't have a great idea of my own as to how this would be implimented, and it may be tough without becoming too gimicky,but End War seems to have one great idea in the works. Maybe we'll see something similar transfer to FPSs in the form of squad commands.
funkyeyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 funkyeyk
Member since 2005 • 404 Posts

Endless Ocean.

And from what other people have said, definitely Little Big Planet and Spore.

These sequels aren't really going to change the industry, just raise the bar and make it shinier.

canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 canadiankidd91
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
Alan Wake!
nizich1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nizich1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I have to agree with those before me who brought up End War. Think about it. Right now, we're looking at a game that will recognize speech fora good number of commands. If this ends up being successful, which I have a pretty good feeling it will, we could begin seeing other games pushing that limit further. It's not completelyridiculous to guessthat in the near future we may see some serious voice involvement in single player games. I don't have a great idea of my own as to how this would be implimented, and it may be tough without becoming too gimicky,but End War seems to have one great idea in the works. Maybe we'll see something similar transfer to FPSs in the form of squad commands.Coheeds_Avatar

you can always play "hey you pikachu". jk :P

MegamanX97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#23 MegamanX97
Member since 2003 • 1319 Posts
well i know mass effect has already been released, but i beleive this game will influence games in the future with A+ story telling.
jose_miguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jose_miguel
Member since 2006 • 242 Posts

Prototype

I dont think this game will change the gaming industry or anything like taht (maybe it does, who knows, it comes like in the 4Q of 2008), but I think this game looks amazing at this stage of development, just wanted to say that, sorry if it's way off topic :P

If you dont know about the game check it out

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Battlefield: Bad Company is going to change how we play FPS gamesScarface_tm431

YES IF THIS GAME SUCCEDS IT WILL 4 SURE CHANGE ALOT OF GAMES WITH ITS NEW ENGINE I HOPE IT DOSE BECAUSE I WANNA SEE MORE GAMES WITH 90% DESTRUCTABLE EVIORMENTS

BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY~~~LOOK IT UP

I HOPE FABLE 2 BE GOOD AND

GTA HAVE FREE ROAMING ONLINE BE SWEET

BUT THOSE WONT CHANGE ANY THING MABY FABLE 2 WILL CHAGE RPGS

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
sorry for caps
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
Prototype, Fallout 3
bosslit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bosslit
Member since 2003 • 88 Posts
A game that will change the industry? Not intil we can unplug our self from the TV. Until we enter full holographic projection or the day our gaming unit comes with a VR Headset!!!! (what the hell gaming industry!!!!!).I remember playing the Nintendo virtual boy that thing was the most amazing thing I every had!! now when one of these company's realize that again we well step in to the next phase of gaming evolution Hury up!!! ASS"S
Coheeds_Avatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Coheeds_Avatar
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

[QUOTE="Coheeds_Avatar"]I have to agree with those before me who brought up End War. Think about it. Right now, we're looking at a game that will recognize speech fora good number of commands. If this ends up being successful, which I have a pretty good feeling it will, we could begin seeing other games pushing that limit further. It's not completelyridiculous to guessthat in the near future we may see some serious voice involvement in single player games. I don't have a great idea of my own as to how this would be implimented, and it may be tough without becoming too gimicky,but End War seems to have one great idea in the works. Maybe we'll see something similar transfer to FPSs in the form of squad commands.nizich1

you can always play "hey you pikachu". jk :P

Hahaha I believe I said something about not being gimicky.