What do you think is the most underrated game ever? (Xbox 360)

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

POWXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 POWXR
Member since 2012 • 116 Posts
In my opinion it is "The Saboteur". It's such an amazing game but the majority of players have never even heard of it. The gamespot review of the game is a little harsh by the way, So don't judge the game by that.
leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 leathaltaco
Member since 2011 • 222 Posts

perfect dark zero,(the xbox 360) the game came out when the 360 came out and was kinda big then, but idk why people don't like it.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
metro 2033 and bioshock 2
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#4 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

The Condemned series

Sik_kid_pk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sik_kid_pk
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts
Alan Wake.
Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

First, I agree with The Saboteur. Really great game. One of my favorite game mechanics of all time was how the different areas of the map would come in to full color once you liberated them. I would say it is definitely a very underrated game (albeit terrible dialogue and voice acting).

Here are a few more:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Hell, Gamespot didn't even give this game a review. I'm sure if you played this game solo, it woulnd't be very much fun. However, I always play it in co-op and it's a TON of fun. Endless hours of hack-n-slash goodness. Even though, I do wish it were a little more difficult.

Kingdoms of Amalur - I loved this game. Loved the art style, the mechanics, the story, etc. Got a 7.5 by Gamespot, and while that is not a bad score at all, I feel like it's looked down upon because all of the bad press with 38 Studios.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Great 3d Person Shooter. Good campaign, really fun multiplayer. Received a 7.0. I feel this game would have done a lot better if it hadn't come out one week before GoW3. If you're a fan of 3d person shooters, I think you should definitely play this one.

Brink - Yes. I liked Brink. I highly enjoyed the art style, and the game mechanics. Clearly, it had a lot of bugs and that is inexcusable. But I still really enjoyed it and 100% the achievements on it was quite fun. 6.0 from Gamespot.

WWE All Stars - Best wrestling game I played in a really long time. 7.0 from Gamespot.

I feel all of those titles were underrated, but the most underrated would be:

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - This game received an 8.0 from Gamespot, but I felt it deserved much higher. Beautiful visuals, good gameplay mechanics, and a very compelling story (featuring the talents of Andy Serkis) mixed with a good level of difficulty. I would have given this game at least a 9.0. If you never played this game, I really recommend picking up a copy and giving it a play. One of my favorite titles for sure, and not only was it underrated it was underplayed.

tripp944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tripp944
Member since 2011 • 46 Posts

Shadowrun. I thought the game was a fantastic online shooter, with features that no other game has seen.

Zevante101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Zevante101
Member since 2009 • 565 Posts

perfect dark zero,(the xbox 360) the game came out when the 360 came out and was kinda big then, but idk why people don't like it.

leathaltaco

The single player was mediocre and after Halo 2 the multiplayer was just OK.

The Earth Defence Force games.

POWXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 POWXR
Due to the fact that you agreed with me on The Saboteur (which is highly unusual) I think I'm going to either buy Enslaved or LODR or KOA. Thank you for your comment!
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I thought this would be a easy question, now I don't have an answer lol.

lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

Vampire Rain. GS gave it a 3.5, but I think its at least worth a 4.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Vampire Rain. GS gave it a 3.5, but I think its at least worth a 4.

lenson

ROFL. That game is downright AWFUL. 0/10.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

kameo

Shoot2kill1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shoot2kill1989
Member since 2009 • 4015 Posts

Not sure if i'd say its the most underrated game on the console but Blur didnt get the credit it deserved which is a real shame as it was so much fun

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49572 Posts
Halo Wars, and the original Condemned come to mind.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#16 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

In my opinion it is "The Saboteur". It's such an amazing game but the majority of players have never even heard of it. The gamespot review of the game is a little harsh by the way, So don't judge the game by that.POWXR

I came on here to post The Saboteur as well!

haloman92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 haloman92
Member since 2005 • 2094 Posts

Never played Sabeteur.

But I'd have to say Crackdown (first one), Homefront, and Nexuiz off the xbla.

POWXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 POWXR
your right about Crackdown.. Really good game, I highly suggest getting The Saboteur!
POWXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 POWXR
Cool Man!
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#20 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

First, I agree with The Saboteur. Really great game. One of my favorite game mechanics of all time was how the different areas of the map would come in to full color once you liberated them. I would say it is definitely a very underrated game (albeit terrible dialogue and voice acting).

Here are a few more:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - Hell, Gamespot didn't even give this game a review. I'm sure if you played this game solo, it woulnd't be very much fun. However, I always play it in co-op and it's a TON of fun. Endless hours of hack-n-slash goodness. Even though, I do wish it were a little more difficult.

Kingdoms of Amalur - I loved this game. Loved the art style, the mechanics, the story, etc. Got a 7.5 by Gamespot, and while that is not a bad score at all, I feel like it's looked down upon because all of the bad press with 38 Studios.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - Great 3d Person Shooter. Good campaign, really fun multiplayer. Received a 7.0. I feel this game would have done a lot better if it hadn't come out one week before GoW3. If you're a fan of 3d person shooters, I think you should definitely play this one.

Brink - Yes. I liked Brink. I highly enjoyed the art style, and the game mechanics. Clearly, it had a lot of bugs and that is inexcusable. But I still really enjoyed it and 100% the achievements on it was quite fun. 6.0 from Gamespot.

WWE All Stars - Best wrestling game I played in a really long time. 7.0 from Gamespot.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - This game received an 8.0 from Gamespot, but I felt it deserved much higher. Beautiful visuals, good gameplay mechanics, and a very compelling story (featuring the talents of Andy Serkis) mixed with a good level of difficulty. I would have given this game at least a 9.0. If you never played this game, I really recommend picking up a copy and giving it a play. One of my favorite titles for sure, and not only was it underrated it was underplayed.

Patrickbrown56

You deserve a prize for sticking with Brink. I am a very tolerable guy but that game was infuriating!

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Patrickbrown56

Literally just received this in the post so I'm happy to see such a glowing review for it. 8) Still need to pick up Space Marine!

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

Metro 2033. Man I loved that game. Looking forward to the sequel.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Due to the fact that you agreed with me on The Saboteur (which is highly unusual) I think I'm going to either buy Enslaved or LODR or KOA. Thank you for your comment!POWXR
I came in to post Enslaved. IMO it is without a doubt the most underrated because the guy who posted it is the first person I've ever seen mention it in a thread like this. In my top 4 games for 2010. The combat is so rewarding, especially on hard difficulty. Also, as a side note, I'd agree you should get Reckoning: KOA. There won't be a sequel, but it has everything you'd want in an action RPG.
POWXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 POWXR
So Enslaved is really that good? Man I think I'm going to order it on amazon.. It's really cheap! Thanks bro :D
lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

I've only played the demo for Enslaved awhile back, but never got around to picking it up. Trip was...not exactly a nice person from what I saw in the demo. In fact, I kind of wanted to throw her into a woodchipper, but somehow that just made me more interested in seeing how her character develops and interacts with Monkey throughout the game. I also love the fact that they decided to use "Journey to the West" as an influence for the game. Hopefully I can check it out soon.

Also I totally agree on Space Marine. It is really a fun game. I am admittedly a little biased because I am a huge fan of Warhammer 40k. Dawn of War 1 is probably the best warhammer 40k game out there, but none the less Space Marine is a pretty fun third person shooter.

JDWolfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JDWolfie
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts

leathaltaco
I don't know why so many people hated this game. Yeah the story sucked, but the graphics at the time were amazing and the gameplay is fun. Second best launch title next to Call of Duty 2. It was basically James Bond. Heck, it was made by RARE.
leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 leathaltaco

Alan Wake.Sik_kid_pk

my friends said alan wake was good in the beginning, but then the story just DROPPED

leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 leathaltaco

Here are a few more:

Patrickbrown56

i really enjoyed brink as well, i pre ordered it thinking it was going to be the best fps yet, and thought it would get game of the year, but I sold it cuz my graphics were messing up and too many bugs, and once you have unlocked everything that was kinda it.

leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 leathaltaco

00:44:5500:44:55

Not sure if i'd say its the most underrated game on the console but Blur didnt get the credit it deserved which is a real shame as it was so much fun

Shoot2kill1989

i disagree with you, that game was everywhere when it first came out, and it also came out with competition, split second, remember?

The_Joker1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Joker1721
Member since 2012 • 304 Posts
I don't know if it's underrated but I almost never see Kameo get any love. Great graphics as it does have a lot of colors and I was really impressed. When that game came out I thought for some reason that Rare was back...
soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

MAze craze

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

[QUOTE="Sik_kid_pk"]Alan Wake.leathaltaco

my friends said alan wake was good in the beginning, but then the story just DROPPED

I thought the story, setting, and dialogue was fantastic throughout. Alan Wake would be my choice too.

Subaru1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 Subaru1980
Member since 2012 • 144 Posts
I agree with Metro 2003. A great FPS too much unknown. A very STALKER like and worth to try
Sik_kid_pk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sik_kid_pk
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts

It got a little confusing but I still enjoyed it. I thought the characters and the story were compelling though.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

There are 6 main chapters. The beginning is good but the 2nd chapter is kinda long and there isn't much story development (I assume that's what your friend is referring to). But the 3rd and 4th chapters are amazing and the last two, while somewhat confusing, build on them and it makes for a great story.

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

timeshift was a great game and ya singularity

Sonysosupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sonysosupreme
Member since 2012 • 75 Posts
Fable 3, lot better than people gave it credit for
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Vanquish
Thanos_Greece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#40 Thanos_Greece
Member since 2009 • 205 Posts

I know that people are gonna laught at me for saying this but IMO Banjo-Kajooie:Nuts & Bolts is a really great game. Definitely in my top 5 of this generation

Avatar image for Vegetable_Ninja
Vegetable_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vegetable_Ninja
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yeah Thanos_Greece! Was just about to write Banjo-Kajooie: Nuts & Bolts and read you reply ;) I really, really liked the game. Physics where a little broken but the style and the opportunities you had with the vehicle editor are just amazing!
sideskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sideskull
Member since 2012 • 136 Posts

prototype. the first one was really fun

commander-cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 commander-cool
Member since 2007 • 359 Posts

Shadowrun. I thought the game was a fantastic online shooter, with features that no other game has seen.

tripp944

I agree. Game was incredibly balanced and really fun. It's a shame it came with so few maps and the dev went bankrupt.

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

Shadowrun. It was a extremely fun online multiplayer but if you didn't have online it wasn't very fun, playing against Bots suck.

POWXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 POWXR

I don't understand why you think people would laugh at you! Everybody has played Viva Pinata and everybody loves it! who cares? I would love to get Nuts and Bolts, It looks really good

Sun_Universe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sun_Universe
Member since 2012 • 312 Posts

Metro 2033 and Alan Wake.

Avatar image for ZombieHunter592
ZombieHunter592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZombieHunter592
Member since 2012 • 88 Posts

viva pinata and far cry 2

Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts

Earth Defense Force 2017

fatooosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 866

#49 fatooosh
Member since 2009 • 979 Posts
resonance of fate, Lost Odyssey, Dragon's Dogma, Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga, Dead Island, Knights Contract and more
badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
Space Marine & Vanquish caught me totally off guard. TBH the campaigns on both of them are really short and I would never have paid $60 for them. But I was able to get them for $15ea @Newegg. I feel like I stole them ;)