*WARNING* Do not play split screen co-op Gears of War 3 until you read this!

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

Split-Screen Gears of War 3 Causing Lockups on Some Consoles

Gears of War 3's co-op Horde mode seems to be causing some Xbox 360 consoles to freeze, specifically when playing the game in split-screen with two profiles. What makes things worse, when the glitch does hit, one of the profiles becomes corrupted and is unable to get into any of the game's modes.

Epic is aware of the issue and is trying to track down exactly what is happening. They have a handy, dandy questionnaire to fill out that can help. According to Joystiq, Epic is on this something fierce.

"Getting this resolved is a priority for Epic. We are collecting information internally, sourcing as much as possible from the community and exploring potential fixes. We do not have any recommendations to share with players just yet."

Have any of you been bitten by this bug?

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Holy cannoli! It's a good thing that when my brother and I were playing splitscreen with our profiles(I keep my profile on a usb stick) we stuck to campaign mode...
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HilbillyRokstar
Holy cannoli! It's a good thing that when my brother and I were playing splitscreen with our profiles(I keep my profile on a usb stick) we stuck to campaign mode...El_Zo1212o
Fo sho!
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I've done it several times with no problems. Lucky me I guess.

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jurassic85
Member since 2010 • 2191 Posts

Split-Screen Gears of War 3 Causing Lockups on Some ConsolesHilbillyRokstar

I'm almost certain that its illegal to post a writer's news story without posting a link to the original article, FYI. :D

wendt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 wendt360
Member since 2009 • 324 Posts

i haven't had any problems with it probably cause i have the elite but i have heard other people having this problem. hopefully they fix it cause co-op horde is badass

wendt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 wendt360
Member since 2009 • 324 Posts

i haven't had any problems with it probably cause i have the elite but i have heard other people having this problem. hopefully they fix it cause co-op horde is badass

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Split-Screen Gears of War 3 Causing Lockups on Some ConsolesJurassic85

I'm almost certain that its illegal to post a writer's news story without posting a link to the original article, FYI. :D

There you go again. LEAVE ME ALONE! I don't need your criticizems. Do you understand? This post is to help people like the other one you chimed in on. Besides that, there are no copyright laws on media that a person does not profit from. The ONLY thing that can be done is for the people that wrote the article ask for a retraction. In which case it must be removed in a reasonable amount of time, or face possible litigation. FYI. Again I am going to ask, what other 360 forums have you posted on besides mine? . . .Well?

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HilbillyRokstar

Also "your criticizems" refers to the MANY times you have picked at my postings. It's happened many many times, thereby making the plural form the correct one to use.

criticism - Wiktionary en.wiktionary.org/wiki/criticism criticism (countable and uncountable; plural criticisms). The act of criticising; a critical judgment passed or expressed; a critical observation or detailed ...

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#11 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
Wow,its like jersey shore up in here with the arguing.....hahaha
CrossChecked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrossChecked
Member since 2011 • 69 Posts

It is? Me and my friend have played splitscreen horde ALOT at his place, and on separate profiles. No freezes yet...

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

Also "your criticizems" refers to the MANY times you have picked at my postings. It's happened many many times, thereby making the plural form the correct one to use.

criticism - Wiktionary en.wiktionary.org/wiki/criticism criticism (countable and uncountable; plural criticisms). The act of criticising; a critical judgment passed or expressed; a critical observation or detailed ...

HilbillyRokstar
Why are people gunning for you lately? Must be the full moon.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HilbillyRokstar

It is? Me and my friend have played splitscreen horde ALOT at his place, and on separate profiles. No freezes yet...

CrossChecked
I think it's pretty rare, from what I read in their forums.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#16 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Thanks for letting me know!
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HilbillyRokstar
Thanks for letting me know!orb_03_2006
You're welcome sir.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Jurassic only posts here to irritate me. Look at his sig. I don't understand it either, but I can handle it. Like water on a ducks back man.

HilbillyRokstar

Some people have nothing better to do; just ignore it.

Anyway, thanks for sharing -- I'll be sure to stay away from Local Co-op Horde for now ... don't want any issues.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Jurassic only posts here to irritate me. Look at his sig. I don't understand it either, but I can handle it. Like water on a ducks back man.

Aaron89

Some people have nothing better to do; just ignore it.

Anyway, thanks for sharing -- I'll be sure to stay away from Local Co-op Horde for now ... don't want any issues.

Thanks, glad to help.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Split-Screen Gears of War 3 Causing Lockups on Some ConsolesHilbillyRokstar

There you go again. LEAVE ME ALONE! I don't need your criticizems. Do you understand? This post is to help people like the other one you chimed in on. Besides that, there are no copyright laws on media that a person does not profit from. The ONLY thing that can be done is for the people that wrote the article ask for a retraction. In which case it must be removed in a reasonable amount of time, or face possible litigation. FYI. Again I am going to ask, what other 360 forums have you posted on besides mine? . . .Well?

Well?
mvirata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 mvirata
Member since 2003 • 342 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Split-Screen Gears of War 3 Causing Lockups on Some ConsolesJurassic85

It's not illegal, it's unethical. Besides the content is not owned by the poster, it is owned by Gamespot who can remove it at any time. If he broke terms, they would ban the account and remove all his postings. It would be different if he posted it in his own blog, especially if he was getting paid. In that case, it could be considered illegal.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

At least you havent had the rank reset bug like I have. 24 page thread about it on the Epic forums to http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/835137-Dear-EPIC-My-Rank-Stats-Reset./page24

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
You should attritubute articles you yank... Not saying anything legally, just don't be a jerk man... But yeah, that would suck.. I have played A TON of split-screen horde and beast and both our profiles are fine so far..
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HilbillyRokstar

You should attritubute articles you yank... Not saying anything legally, just don't be a jerk man... But yeah, that would suck.. I have played A TON of split-screen horde and beast and both our profiles are fine so far..MethodManFTW

My concern was to post this as soon as possible. I could care less about getting the credit. I just didn't want it to happen to anyone if it could have been prevented

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]You should attritubute articles you yank... Not saying anything legally, just don't be a jerk man... But yeah, that would suck.. I have played A TON of split-screen horde and beast and both our profiles are fine so far..HilbillyRokstar

My concern was to post this as soon as possible. I could care less about getting the credit. I just didn't want it to happen to anyone if it could have been prevented

It's not about you getting credit, it's about giving credit. It takes 2 seconds to copy and paste...
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 HilbillyRokstar

Actually it takes longer than that I have to go to HTML and put it in there and then edit it and put it back onto the page and order posted I can't just copy and paste

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MethodManFTW
[ url ] link here [ / url ] two seconds. Do people really need to be told to attribute work they copy? Kids these days...
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HilbillyRokstar

I am no kid so please don't talk to me like I am. The fact is I have given credit on every other posting except this one. Get over it!

Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jurassic85

[ url ] link here [ / url ] two seconds. Do people really need to be told to attribute work they copy? Kids these days...MethodManFTW

Precisely, all it takes is copying and pasting a link. That's all I was trying to say, and it was taken the wrong way, which is unfortunate. To the person who corrected me, by saying it is unethical and not illegal you are correct. Had the whole article been posted without credit being given it would be arguably illegal, but only a partial article was posted so the actions were unethical. I'm a big advocate of people getting the credit they deserve.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][ url ] link here [ / url ] two seconds. Do people really need to be told to attribute work they copy? Kids these days...Jurassic85

Precisely, all it takes is copying and pasting a link. That's all I was trying to say, and it was taken the wrong way, which is unfortunate. To the person who corrected me, by saying it is unethical and not illegal you are correct. Had the whole article been posted without credit being given it would be arguably illegal, but only a partial article was posted so the actions were unethical. I'm a big advocate of people getting the credit they deserve.

Aren't these two posts a great example of TOS off-topic/trolling? Awesome. I guess my post is as well but stop bickering guys geez.
bobomb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 bobomb64
Member since 2005 • 737 Posts

Moving swiftly back onto topic, this exact problem happened to my girlfriends account but on gears of war 2. We played gears 2 quite frequently and till one night she tried to sign in and play gears but the screen kept freezing. Worked fine on my gamertag but as soon as I signed her in at the menu the whole thing froze.

She has had to make a new xbox live gamer tag to get it to work, losing her gamerscore and a whole heap of avatar items we bought. I spoke to microsoft about the problem and although they admitted to knowing about the issue was told there was nothing that could be done, no compensation, and sent on my merry old way.

Excellent!

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HilbillyRokstar

Moving swiftly back onto topic, this exact problem happened to my girlfriends account but on gears of war 2. We played gears 2 quite frequently and till one night she tried to sign in and play gears but the screen kept freezing. Worked fine on my gamertag but as soon as I signed her in at the menu the whole thing froze.

She has had to make a new xbox live gamer tag to get it to work, losing her gamerscore and a whole heap of avatar items we bought. I spoke to microsoft about the problem and although they admitted to knowing about the issue was told there was nothing that could be done, no compensation, and sent on my merry old way.

Excellent!

bobomb64
Wow that REALLY sucks. I was hoping to prevent that from happening this time. At least they are publicly acknowledging it this time. That will give someone in the same situation a little leverage I'm really sorry to hear that man. Have you tried contacting Epic about the problem?
VHEISU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 VHEISU
Member since 2011 • 365 Posts

all this guy does is copy paste articles
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Split-Screen Gears of War 3 Causing Lockups on Some ConsolesVHEISU

What do you care? At least I contribute to the forum. What do you do, besides sit back and criticize?
VHEISU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VHEISU
Member since 2011 • 365 Posts

[QUOTE="VHEISU"][QUOTE="Jurassic85"]

HilbillyRokstar

What do you care? At least I contribute to the forum. What do you do, besides sit back and criticize?

didnt know it was my job to contribute and i do by adding constructive criticism =] and threads.......

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HilbillyRokstar

"didnt know it was my job to contribute and i do by adding constructive criticism =] and threads" . . . .It's not a job, it's a responsibility that senior members on this forum take quite seriously.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="VHEISU"]

didnt know it was my job to contribute and i do by adding constructive criticism =] and threads.......

VHEISU

That's a fail then. I'm not changing for you or anybody. Unless you can make a positive suggestion on how I can be a better member of this forum. So there is nothing for you to construct. It's negative feedback. You don't give solutions. It's more like destructive criticism. I'm done now, level 5.

geez some people have the biggest egos....... i hope u put "lvl 22" on ur resume. and all ur doing is stealing peoples articles that have already been posted on other blogs/forums

Well because gamespot doesn't do a lot of reporting/research/original articles, most the threads on this forum have to be backed up by articles from other gaming sites. It's always been like that here.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 El_Zo1212o
...all ur doing is stealing peoples articles that have already been posted on other blogs/forumsVHEISU
First: In the interest of saving time, let us assume that I have just personally insulted you in a thoughtful and cleverly worded manner. Second: All he is doing is spreading the word about a potentially Gamertag-killing bug. I don't rightly give a **** who wrote it, or whether or not the author was cited- what I care about is that this is my #1 destination online and before I landed here yesterday I didn't know that I was risking my 'Tag by playing Gears 3 splitscreen. Stop trolling. It's annoying and it stifles real conversation.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="VHEISU"]...all ur doing is stealing peoples articles that have already been posted on other blogs/forumsEl_Zo1212o
First: In the interest of saving time, let us assume that I have just personally insulted you in a thoughtful and cleverly worded manner. Second: All he is doing is spreading the word about a potentially Gamertag-killing bug. I don't rightly give a **** who wrote it, or whether or not the author was cited- what I care about is that this is my #1 destination online and before I landed here yesterday I didn't know that I was risking my 'Tag by playing Gears 3 splitscreen. Stop trolling. It's annoying and it stifles real conversation.

That's the bottom line.
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jurassic85

You know, its amazing how many posters keep saying the same thing over and over again. AND how the posters that these comments are directed at continue to ignore these comments. How many people over the past couple days have complained about certain posters continuously posting articles or making threads with misleading titles?? It doesn't matter if you don't want citation as the reader, it's the right thing to do. If you use someone's work, cite it. A lot of articles posted lately have misleading titles. Its like when the news anchors say something crazy right before a commercial to get you to keep watching. Its annoying and unprofessional.

Honestly, I don't want beef with anyone on this board, it's so pointless. I want a truce with anyone I've argued with in the past, its the mature thing to do. That said, if multiple people keep telling you the same thing over and over again, sometimes that means you should look in the mirror. Lastly, STOP calling users out based on their forum level. That is ridiculous and uncalled for.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 El_Zo1212o
...I want a truce ... That said, if multiple people keep telling you the same thing over and over again, sometimes that means you should look in the mirror...Jurassic85
Calling a truce and in the same breath taking a parting shot. That certainly raises your credibility. Bringing up the forum level is as valid as hating on an age group on Xbox Live. Profiling proves true more often than not. And your behavior around these parts is not putting you in the "exception-that-proves-the-rule" category.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HilbillyRokstar

You know, its amazing how many posters keep saying the same thing over and over again. AND how the posters that these comments are directed at continue to ignore these comments. How many people over the past couple days have complained about certain posters continuously posting articles or making threads with misleading titles?? It doesn't matter if you don't want citation as the reader, it's the right thing to do. If you use someone's work, cite it. A lot of articles posted lately have misleading titles. Its like when the news anchors say something crazy right before a commercial to get you to keep watching. Its annoying and unprofessional.

Honestly, I don't want beef with anyone on this board, it's so pointless. I want a truce with anyone I've argued with in the past, its the mature thing to do. That said, if multiple people keep telling you the same thing over and over again, sometimes that means you should look in the mirror. Lastly, STOP calling users out based on their forum level. That is ridiculous and uncalled for.

Jurassic85

Your opinion. There's NOTHING unprofessional about me posting information letting other people know they may have a problem with an upcoming game, regardless of my personal viewpoint. That was only stated after I warned people of a possible issue. That's just a silly and pointless argument. As to this other issue I have explained, THE ONE TIME it happened, to death. More people said thank you and showed support for it than the two or three of you that had a problem. It's still silly and a pointless waste of time for you, or anybody else to point it out soooo abundantly. I put other people first and that is the reason for both of these "issues". Sorry Jurassic that's not gonna change until I'm dead and buried. I make no apologies for it either. Yours Very Sincerely, The HilbillyRokstar.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
thanks very much for the warning, good thing i hate splitscreen.
Jurassic85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jurassic85

Haha, well I tried. I guess things will continue as they have been. Whatever.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HilbillyRokstar

Haha, well I tried. I guess things will continue as they have been. Whatever.

Jurassic85

No, we can let it go. I'm still gonna have my say, though. That's what forums are all about, after all.8) Especially in my own post.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HilbillyRokstar
thanks very much for the warning, good thing i hate splitscreen.BFKZ
You're welcome bro.