*UPDATE*:: What do you think boys??

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jared781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jared781
Member since 2011 • 54 Posts

couple things...

1) It doesnt look bad, but will take some getting 'used to'

2) Hope they will include FREE stuff too, or else it would just be like ZUNE took over

3) The ROGERS VoD look DOMINANT!! i expect its not gonna be too expensive, and i have SHAW VoD!!! a little conundrum

4) I guess i know which Cell phone im gonna GET!! ahaha it looks exactly like windows phone

rtehrani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 rtehrani
Member since 2003 • 1485 Posts

overall its really nice. but i do absolutely hate the update to netflix. you can no longer jump forward with the bumpers, most of the controls from that come up during playback are gone. now there is only ff, rw, play, pause and stop. you cant stretch the image or even bring up info. also i always like being able to press the start button to pause and play, now pressing start just brings up the controls to select pause, minor but still inconvenient. one big thing is that they finally brought subtitles. netflix on xbox live has been awesome but no subtitles was a bummer, now they finally bring them in and then take away other things we had come used to having. i never will understand why companies do things this way, one step forward and two steps back.

sneric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sneric
Member since 2009 • 287 Posts

Hate the update, nothings where i want it to be. Why change whats not broken.

S0mEGuY12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 S0mEGuY12
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts

It looks pretty nice. I just wish they would make it more clean. Meaning remove that annoying grey matter on the bottom of the screen that obscures most themes. It's only a visual thing, but it bothers me for some reason.

CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts
I hate the way the games are sorted, or not sorted. I want to be able to separate my indie games from my arcade games from my demos. The social tab with the way friends are displayed and being able to see which of your games your friends have played recently is quite nice, though. YES NETFLIX SUBTITLES, FINALLY! It took them long enough, though. I'll finally upgrade to gold again.
craigkelleigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 craigkelleigh
Member since 2005 • 329 Posts

finally get speech commands in my part of the world....yay!

(I know it is bit of a gimmick but hey may as well use all of the kinect features.....)

But so far I think it looks good - i like not having to use the controller to navigate so much.....

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#7 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
There's too many damn ads!
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

overall its really nice. but i do absolutely hate the update to netflix. you can no longer jump forward with the bumpers, most of the controls from that come up during playback are gone. now there is only ff, rw, play, pause and stop. you cant stretch the image or even bring up info. also i always like being able to press the start button to pause and play, now pressing start just brings up the controls to select pause, minor but still inconvenient. one big thing is that they finally brought subtitles. netflix on xbox live has been awesome but no subtitles was a bummer, now they finally bring them in and then take away other things we had come used to having. i never will understand why companies do things this way, one step forward and two steps back.

rtehrani

That's kind of a deal breaker for me. The only reason I used Xbox's Netflix of Playstation's is because of that feature. I don't like any of the other features in the udate either. Horrible update is horrible.

Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Thuganomic05
Member since 2004 • 3456 Posts
There's too many damn ads! 001011000101101
lol where?
Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#10 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts
[QUOTE="001011000101101"]There's too many damn ads! Thuganomic05
lol where?

On the very first blade? I don't want to see Justin Timberlake's face everytime I boot up my Xbox!
CammiTac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CammiTac
Member since 2011 • 1179 Posts

rtehrani
I just updated to Gold to check the Netflix app, and I agree with you. The subtitles are fantastic, but everything else looks like a giant mess. I just wanted subtitles added, not several other things removed :P. Navigation is horrible. And it's ugly. I don't really like the way the game marketplace is organized either. And just something that kind of annoys me, why is it called "Xbox Home" now? Cloud saving is cool. I like when you click on an individual game and then are taken to a nice little page for that game before you launch it. It looks really nice. Overall, I wasn't really a fan of the previous dashboard, and I actually like this one more, except for the game sorting thing.
JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

[QUOTE="Thuganomic05"][QUOTE="001011000101101"]There's too many damn ads! 001011000101101
lol where?

On the very first blade? I don't want to see Justin Timberlake's face everytime I boot up my Xbox!

agreed they have that hige add then beside in the a tiny box is whatever game
I have in my 360. It should be the other way around.

I was hoping for more focus on gaming and less on facebook and youtube. Like whats
the point really? If I want to watch youtube on my TV ill hook my laptop up to it
via HDMI

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
I like the new dashboard. It seems better than the one before. I like that Netflix now has 5.1 sound on the Xbox with this new dashboard.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]I like the new dashboard. It seems better than the one before. I like that Netflix now has 5.1 sound on the Xbox with this new dashboard.

Yea I noticed some movies have 5.1 as well. I'm happy so far with the update. Just have to get used to it.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Still not what I want it to be, but better than the previous one, that's for sure.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
I love it!
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I like that it's linear, but I don't like the add boxes in every section.

-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts
its faster and looks nice, but the grey area ruins all my cool premium themes
capper64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 capper64
Member since 2006 • 125 Posts

I agree with the too many ads thing. Why should I have to adverts on a console I've payed for, connected to the internet via a service I've payed for.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

it really nice but i feel everything has become slower.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

You can't please everyone. I checked it out before I left for work this morning & don't have any issues with it thus far.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

its faster and looks nice, but the grey area ruins all my cool premium themes -Y2J-

seriously...just get rid of the grey part...what's the point anyway?

That's the one thing that has annoyed me since they switched from the original blades navigation. I love the nice full screen themes, and they look good when you can see them, but then to obscure 1/2 of it with some un-needed grey area...why?

If you want the avatars too look like they are walking on a floor, then just move them to the bottom of the screen or adjust the theme so the whole thing fits above the grey area...sheesh.

-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

[QUOTE="-Y2J-"]its faster and looks nice, but the grey area ruins all my cool premium themes coasterguy65

That's the one thing that has annoyed me since they switched from the original blades navigation. I love the nice full screen themes, and they look good when you can see them, but then to obscure 1/2 of it with some un-needed grey area...why?

If you want the avatars too look like they are walking on a floor, then just move them to the bottom of the screen or adjust the theme so the whole thing fits above the grey area...sheesh.

i know right, it messes up my screen. anyway it looks okay i guess, ive used metro before on win 8, it looks the same but doesnt have that feel yet. i just dont see the need for the change, nxe was really good. and what happens to all those premium themes that are now useless?
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

I find it a bit drab and unoriginal,The last dashboard IMO was better.

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

it looks good, but i dont like the way its organised, it seems to be difficult to find the things i want to find, they are not where i expect them to be

there are also far to many adverts, i pay for a Gold subscription i shouldnt have to see adverts everytime i boot up my xbox, save the adverts for the free members

scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
I like it but don't love it I woulda been just as happy with the old dashboard I do like the beacons stuff though.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I like it but hopefully they'll update premium themes somehow and show the extra images when you scroll your friends list. Maybe I just missed that, I have to look at it again.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I do the Zune music pass, and it's badass saying "Xbox, Bing Wu Tang Clan" and have it present me with all their albums to listen to. Really nice feature. Will Netflix let you search via voice now too?
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MusashiSensi

I must admit that the old dashboard was better. However, I will say that the new dashboard isn't upsetting me in any way.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

Hate the update, nothings where i want it to be. Why change whats not broken.

sneric

thats what I kept saying lastnight as I was TRYING to watch netflix with my girl......but it kept stopping to buffer (which it didnt do hardly any before lastnight). Thanks M$....you guys really are pushing me to NOT renew my xboxlive subscription this spring. I was smart enough to turn OFF auto-renewal.

Shadow-Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shadow-Elite
Member since 2007 • 18289 Posts
I like it. Just waiting for YouTube.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#33 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

It looks pretty nice. I just wish they would make it more clean. Meaning remove that annoying grey matter on the bottom of the screen that obscures most themes. It's only a visual thing, but it bothers me for some reason.

S0mEGuY12

I hate how the screen has that grey area as well. It's entirely un-necessary and I was hoping they'd remove it.

The update overall is fine, but Kinect still sucks...

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i like it

thorleift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 thorleift
Member since 2005 • 33 Posts

Nice looking but pointless and pretty much nothing new as a european user. Also what the hell is up with all the ads...

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I really like it. But then I'm someone who's already sold on Metro, own a WP7 and looking forward to windows 8.

Goffee71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Goffee71
Member since 2005 • 548 Posts

Agreed, and it seems a bit bare, and odd they released it with so few of those much-touted apps available. I guess it'll end up looking like this, http://www.cmswire.com/cms/mobile/microsoft-unveils-its-windows-8-app-store-013749.php, (Windows Store for Windows 8) when that launches next year.

Padrepride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#38 Padrepride
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts

How long did the update take you guys? I've been waiting for about 10 minutes and I'm starting to worry a little bit.

JopaGeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JopaGeri
Member since 2004 • 538 Posts

[QUOTE="-Y2J-"]its faster and looks nice, but the grey area ruins all my cool premium themes coasterguy65

I agree 100% I use my own pic for my background and I was hoping that they would change it so it
could be full screen...but I guess if you want a full screen background you have to pay for it...SURPRISE!!

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MusashiSensi

How long did the update take you guys? I've been waiting for about 10 minutes and I'm starting to worry a little bit.

Padrepride

Wow. It didn't take me that long at all. I did it within a couple of minutes before I left for work this morning.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#41 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I dont like it....we really didnt need this update if you ask me
ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I really like the Bing search feature to find anything that is in the Marketplace.

I don't what you guys mean by all of these 'ads', because there are only a couple compared to what the other dashboard hadas most of the 'blades'(sections) were nothing but ads and were totally useless.

At first I didn't like it,but after messing around with it for awhile I now like it and I like it alot. It is just overall alot better compared to what it was.

julsz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 julsz69
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I think it looks stupid. with each update xbox gives the dash just keeps getting worse i swear ..
BushMackel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BushMackel
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts

I see that some people say it feels slower, but I think the nav on the dashboard has gotten snappier. That said, I think the massive download of info on the highest level of Netflix has made that app a bit more sluggish when just trying to navigate around but I'll gladly take that in exchange for some 5.1 and subtitles.

Overall I'm probably more a fan of the aesthetic of the last dashboard than this one but I'm sure I'll get used to this one just like I did the last and so will everyone else. I swear people have nothing to do sometimes bit b!tch and complain over (relatively) nothing haha.

julsz69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 julsz69
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
lol ^ whatever though its just a dash, its not like ill be spending more then 5 min. on it anyway .
killerboi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 killerboi2
Member since 2010 • 125 Posts

I was expecting more from love film but it seems alright apart from that

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
I like the new dashboard, it looks a lot more cleaned up and simple. Some things weren't necessary such as the beacons feature.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

After some time using it I like it more now.

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Don't hate the update. I just don't understand the point of the update. I don't think they improved that much in any way, and if they are going to make the themes useless anyway. Lets have the dashboard be full screen with more video game pictures and less music and video ads...
Boogernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Boogernuts
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

Underwhlemed. I have no Xbox Live account, don't want one, I don't online game period so these updates for me are kinda a waste of time for me if not for the little system tweaks they include here and there. All it really did for me is make it take longer to find things on my HD and of course disable cloud since I will never need it. Visually, it looks okay, but I guess I am stuck with the default images included in the ads and such since I don't log into XBL to update/modify/change them.

Oh well, like most things in life, it's visually appealing but little else, maybe I'll change my mind after I play my first game under it and see what happens, but I expect no change in that either.

One thing I didn't like at all was on the My Games page it shows this huge rectangle for each of my 7 games installed but the actual gamer pic in each is mayber 2x2, seems like a real waste, a big fat pic would have been nice.

"Of all the people I've ever met in life, you are certainly one of them." - Me