The XBOX360 Game Recommendation Thread, Weekly Sales, Baked Fresh Every Week!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3051 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts

I'm looking for a cheap dungeon crawler/hack n' slash. I have Marvel Ultimate Alliance and I can't afford Dugeon Siege just yet. Multiplayer, preferably local but not required, is a must. Any suggestions?

SlainWeasel

There isnt much in the way of local dungeon crawling that im aware of outside of Sacred 2... And even that game is a little rough around the edges. On the cheap single player side you could try Torchlight, or even cheaper (1$) Epic Dungeon an indie game that is well worth the MSbux for a quick fix.

linklb4130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3052 linklb4130
Member since 2003 • 1737 Posts
Which of these 2 RPG's should I get? Mass Effect or Borderlands? Im looking for an RPG that takes a long time to do everything and is overall very fun to play from beginning to end. I was wondering, of these 2 games, which is better cus its the only 2 RPG's that I can afford on the xbox live marketplace at the moment.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#3053 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
[QUOTE="linklb4130"]Which of these 2 RPG's should I get? Mass Effect or Borderlands? Im looking for an RPG that takes a long time to do everything and is overall very fun to play from beginning to end. I was wondering, of these 2 games, which is better cus its the only 2 RPG's that I can afford on the xbox live marketplace at the moment.

Mass Effect. Borderlands isn't really an RPG, rather a FPS with RPG elements. Mass Effect offers more side quests, a better story and atmosphere, and interesting characters.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3054 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
Which of these 2 RPG's should I get? Mass Effect or Borderlands? Im looking for an RPG that takes a long time to do everything and is overall very fun to play from beginning to end. I was wondering, of these 2 games, which is better cus its the only 2 RPG's that I can afford on the xbox live marketplace at the moment.linklb4130
ME2 no question blows borderlands out of the water
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3055 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
[QUOTE="linklb4130"]Which of these 2 RPG's should I get? Mass Effect or Borderlands? Im looking for an RPG that takes a long time to do everything and is overall very fun to play from beginning to end. I was wondering, of these 2 games, which is better cus its the only 2 RPG's that I can afford on the xbox live marketplace at the moment.KeredsBlaze
ME2 no question blows borderlands out of the water

Bordrlands is still an amazing game. I think they are both pretty cheap now so you should be able to afford both at Gamestop or something.
Gsmith92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#3056 Gsmith92
Member since 2008 • 275 Posts
[QUOTE="Alex3796"][QUOTE="linklb4130"]Which of these 2 RPG's should I get? Mass Effect or Borderlands? Im looking for an RPG that takes a long time to do everything and is overall very fun to play from beginning to end. I was wondering, of these 2 games, which is better cus its the only 2 RPG's that I can afford on the xbox live marketplace at the moment.

Mass Effect. Borderlands isn't really an RPG, rather a FPS with RPG elements. Mass Effect offers more side quests, a better story and atmosphere, and interesting characters.

They're very different games, Borderlands is much more of an FPS than an RPG but it still has RPG elements, like skill trees, it also includes billions of weapons, so if you're like me and love collecting stuff and don't replay the story just to get cool new weapons then you will get more replay out of Borderlands (I've put in about 200 hours leveling up and collecting stuff, not including the great DLC) Mass Effect has a way better story and the whole experience is much more cinematic, but it doesn't have as much of an incentive to replay, i hated the gameplay, found it boring, but loved the story so i only played through once (can't force myself to play it again) IMO Borderlands is the best value, but don't pass up ME, get it another time, hope this helps!
meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3057 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchonOver"]

Was Bastion a good game? Does it play like Diablo or another type of action rpg?

Witchsight

Its getting stellar reviews and some people are marking it as a best of the year so far... Its more linear than Diablo, but if you can appreciate a well made game youd like it id wager!

Bastion is great :) Been playing for about an hour and a half, hard to put down and very enjoyable.

oldschool12790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3058 oldschool12790
Member since 2005 • 595 Posts
[[QUOTE="Alex3796"][QUOTE="linklb4130"]Which of these 2 RPG's should I get? Mass Effect or Borderlands? Im looking for an RPG that takes a long time to do everything and is overall very fun to play from beginning to end. I was wondering, of these 2 games, which is better cus its the only 2 RPG's that I can afford on the xbox live marketplace at the moment.

Mass Effect is a 3rd person shooter, but if you've played the first one, you'll love this one, its alot better, but you should def pLAY ME1 first. Borderlands (graphics are cell shaded btw) is also really good. FPS and theres many positive things. Play 'em both man. Both sick games (Mass Effect i liked a little bit better but both rly god quality games)
oldschool12790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3059 oldschool12790

For people who love puzzle games or are into anime I'm about half way through Catherine and it is definitely something different. It's interesting and the puzzle system is challenging but satifying. puzzle-heads check it out

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#3060 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

For people who love puzzle games or are into anime I'm about half way through Catherine and it is definitely something different. It's interesting and the puzzle system is challenging but satifying. puzzle-heads check it out

oldschool12790

I'm thinking about getting it at a price drop.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3061 turtlethetaffer

How are the Gundam Dynasty Warriors games? I have never read/ watched Gundam but I think the games look cool.

DarkoBWM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3062 DarkoBWM
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
So I'm getting a 360 this weekend, and want a great game for around $20. I've been looking and Borderlands, and Mass Effect 2 are both $20. But they aren't really up my alley. What would you guys recommend?
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3063 turtlethetaffer

So I'm getting a 360 this weekend, and want a great game for around $20. I've been looking and Borderlands, and Mass Effect 2 are both $20. But they aren't really up my alley. What would you guys recommend?DarkoBWM

darksiders or Bioshock? Got both for around 15 bucks.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3064 Witchsight
So I'm getting a 360 this weekend, and want a great game for around $20. I've been looking and Borderlands, and Mass Effect 2 are both $20. But they aren't really up my alley. What would you guys recommend?DarkoBWM
What kinda alley do you usually frequent?
DarkoBWM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3065 DarkoBWM
[QUOTE="DarkoBWM"]So I'm getting a 360 this weekend, and want a great game for around $20. I've been looking and Borderlands, and Mass Effect 2 are both $20. But they aren't really up my alley. What would you guys recommend?Witchsight

Ones at night. Oh, for games. Umm... Well I want something like an RPG or good story based. I typically play shooters and sports games but want something different to hold me over until Madden comes out.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3066 KeredsBlaze
[QUOTE="Witchsight"][QUOTE="DarkoBWM"]So I'm getting a 360 this weekend, and want a great game for around $20. I've been looking and Borderlands, and Mass Effect 2 are both $20. But they aren't really up my alley. What would you guys recommend?DarkoBWM

Ones at night. Oh, for games. Umm... Well I want something like an RPG or good story based. I typically play shooters and sports games but want something different to hold me over until Madden comes out.

ME2, Dragon Age Origins, Lost Odyssey and Final Fantasy XIII are all good choices
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3067 Witchsight
[QUOTE="DarkoBWM"]Well I want something like an RPG or good story based. I typically play shooters and sports games but want something different to hold me over until Madden comes out.KeredsBlaze
ME2, Dragon Age Origins, Lost Odyssey and Final Fantasy XIII are all good choices

You might consider Bastion for a good RPG with a story that doesnt overstay its welcome... ME2 is great but theres a lot of shooting. LA Noire might interest you, or if you really want something different, Super Meat Boy is a heck of a challenge but never unfair!
koolyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#3068 koolyoe
Member since 2005 • 175 Posts

I am looking for a good Street racing type game. I want to be able to tune cars. I am looking for a game that would include Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx, Nissan 350z, Mazda RX-7, Honda Civic, Nissan Skyline, etc other cars as well of course but I would like like to be able to upgrade parts, change looks, race online, increase performance. Anyone know of a game like this?

Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3069 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts

I am looking for a good Street racing type game. I want to be able to tune cars. I am looking for a game that would include Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx, Nissan 350z, Mazda RX-7, Honda Civic, Nissan Skyline, etc other cars as well of course but I would like like to be able to upgrade parts, change looks, race online, increase performance. Anyone know of a game like this?

koolyoe

Need For Speed: Carbon, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit and Midnight Club: Los Angeles are some good streetrace games.

DarkoBWM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3070 DarkoBWM
Halo Reach vs Gears of War 2. Which one should I get? (for online play)
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3071 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkoBWM"]Halo Reach vs Gears of War 2. Which one should I get? (for online play)

Halo Reach. I didn't enjoy Gears 2 online modes.
blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3072 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

insanely twisted shadow planet or trenched or toy soldiers cold war

which game is better and packs more content ??

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3073 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Hi there, I'd like to know which arcade games you'll recommend for me to play with my 11 year old sister. I already have Castle Crashers. Thanks in advance.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3074 Witchsight
Hi there, I'd like to know which arcade games you'll recommend for me to play with my 11 year old sister. I already have Castle Crashers. Thanks in advance.ForsakenWicked
Scott Pilgrim is also a cartoony beat em up, but that may be a little too similar. Geometry Wars 2 can be really fun in co-pilot mode, and is also 4 player. Kill Team... Might be a little to full of guns and explosions for her taste, but it has proven to be fun in local co-op.
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3075 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
[QUOTE="ForsakenWicked"]Hi there, I'd like to know which arcade games you'll recommend for me to play with my 11 year old sister. I already have Castle Crashers. Thanks in advance.Witchsight
Scott Pilgrim is also a cartoony beat em up, but that may be a little too similar. Geometry Wars 2 can be really fun in co-pilot mode, and is also 4 player. Kill Team... Might be a little to full of guns and explosions for her taste, but it has proven to be fun in local co-op.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying Splosion Man. It's been fun (and challenging) so far.
GrannyGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3076 GrannyGoat
Member since 2010 • 1190 Posts

I need a game..these are all ones I've been interested in but was waiting for a price drop. Which would you go with?

Dead Space 2 $28

Bulletstorm $28

Castlevaynia: Lords of Shadow $26

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $18

Vanquish $20

I'm leaning toward Vanquish..

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3077 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
[QUOTE="DarkoBWM"]Halo Reach vs Gears of War 2. Which one should I get? (for online play)

Halo Reach. There's a plethora of game types to keep you busy like infection, SWAT, Team sniper, big team and many more. There's also daily and weekly challenges to earn more credits to buy armor upgrades and rank up. It will keep you busy and its a lot of fun.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3078 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
What's a good mindless action game? Something without an emphasis on story, just some old-fashioned violence for a good time while listening to music.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3079 turtlethetaffer

I need a game..these are all ones I've been interested in but was waiting for a price drop. Which would you go with?

Dead Space 2 $28

Bulletstorm $28

Vanquish $20

GrannyGoat

I'm playing vanquish, good game so far, but Dead Space 2 is also very, very good. I would say DS2, because it has alot ofreplay value, plus MP if you want it. (I've played through it about 6 times now... still love it.)

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3080 turtlethetaffer

What's a good mindless action game? Something without an emphasis on story, just some old-fashioned violence for a good time while listening to music.Rhazakna

Resident Evil 5 has the Mercenaries Mode after beating the story mode, it's a TON of fun, very replayable and you can get sucked into it for hours if you want.

Also, maybe check out one of the Dynasty Warriors games? I haven't played the recent ones, but they are pretty mindless from what I understand.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3081 Witchsight

What's a good mindless action game? Something without an emphasis on story, just some old-fashioned violence for a good time while listening to music.Rhazakna

I think what you want is Bulletstorm my friend .

Sigh, Brokespot. Heres a link http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/bulletstorm/review.html?tag=summary%3Bread-review

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3082 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
Should I get Deux Ex ?
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3083 turtlethetaffer

Should I get Deux Ex ?UprootedDreamer

I own it, have played about 2 hours of it, pretty good game. Plus others love it. It's like stealth meets shooter meets RPG.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3084 KeredsBlaze
Should I get Deux Ex ?UprootedDreamer
yes, especially if you enjoy stealth games, I'm actually enjoying this game much more than I thought I would have
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3085 KeredsBlaze
Halo Reach vs Gears of War 2. Which one should I get? (for online play)DarkoBWM
Reach, Gears 2 can be a bit cheap at times [QUOTE="GrannyGoat"]

Dead Space 2 $28

Bulletstorm $28

Vanquish $20

Enslaved, great game, plus its the cheapest on that list
Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3086 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts

[QUOTE="UprootedDreamer"]

I own it, have played about 2 hours of it, pretty good game. Plus others love it. It's like stealth meets shooter meets RPG.

turtlethetaffer
[QUOTE="UprootedDreamer"]Should I get Deux Ex ?KeredsBlaze
yes, especially if you enjoy stealth games, I'm actually enjoying this game much more than I thought I would have

Sweet, I guess I need to go pick up my reserved copy then, I was on the fence about this game.
oldschool12790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3087 oldschool12790

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="UprootedDreamer"] [QUOTE="KeredsBlaze"][QUOTE="UprootedDreamer"]Should I get Deux Ex ?UprootedDreamer

Sweet, I guess I need to go pick up my reserved copy then, I was on the fence about this game.

Just Finished Dues Ex: HR. It was AWESOME. really amazing game. great story, great gameplay, so many options of ways to complete missions and tasks. DEFINITELY grab this one,

Survivalise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3088 Survivalise
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I'm really in need of a game to keep me occupied until BF3 comes out, but i just don't know what.

After been set on Dead Island's release for the past few weeks i've come to the decision that i may actually wait for it and see if the price may drop soon, so what i'm looking for is anything, more or less. Something with a good story, maybe some RPG elements to it, with different combat styles, stealth, range, melee, anything that's not just guns blazing. But i will take any suggestions that you think i may enjoy :)

Was looking into Dragon Age 2, but i have yet to complete the first one, which i sold a while back.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3089 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

I'm really in need of a game to keep me occupied until BF3 comes out, but i just don't know what.

After been set on Dead Island's release for the past few weeks i've come to the decision that i may actually wait for it and see if the price may drop soon, so what i'm looking for is anything, more or less. Something with a good story, maybe some RPG elements to it, with different combat styles, stealth, range, melee, anything that's not just guns blazing. But i will take any suggestions that you think i may enjoy :)

Was looking into Dragon Age 2, but i have yet to complete the first one, which i sold a while back.

Survivalise

Haven't played it myself, but Deus Ex: Human Revolution sounds quite right from your description. A couple of previous posters may shed more light on it, but from what you listed, HR seems to fit that bill very nicely- there's stealth, action, RPG elements, and a solid story going on.

RaIn285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3090 RaIn285
Member since 2010 • 3010 Posts

What do you guys think of Deadly Premonition?Seems like a pretty underrated game to me,IGN gave it a 2 and Destructoid gave it a 10...I thoight it`s pretty awesome specially after I watched Giant Bomb Indurance run.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3091 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
I'm looking for 2 player co-op XBLA or Indie games. Any genre is fine but I'm leaning towards platformer or beat em up. I already have Turtles Arcade, Gunstar Heroes, and all the Genesis Collection games(Streets of Rage, etc). Thanks for any recs in advance!
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3093 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I'm looking for 2 player co-op XBLA or Indie games. Any genre is fine but I'm leaning towards platformer or beat em up. I already have Turtles Arcade, Gunstar Heroes, and all the Genesis Collection games(Streets of Rage, etc). Thanks for any recs in advance!Eikichi-Onizuka
If you like beat'em ups, then you should definitely try out X-men arcade. And a good co-op platformer would be 'Splosion Man.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3094 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
[QUOTE="Eikichi-Onizuka"]I'm looking for 2 player co-op XBLA or Indie games. Any genre is fine but I'm leaning towards platformer or beat em up. I already have Turtles Arcade, Gunstar Heroes, and all the Genesis Collection games(Streets of Rage, etc). Thanks for any recs in advance!RoslindaleOne
If you like beat'em ups, then you should definitely try out X-men arcade. And a good co-op platformer would be 'Splosion Man.

I was looking at Splosion Man and it looks pretty good. I will probably pick it up. I forgot to mention I have X-Men and Castle Crashers because I have them on PS3.
Wolfy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3095 Wolfy1986
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

What do you guys think of Deadly Premonition?Seems like a pretty underrated game to me,IGN gave it a 2 and Destructoid gave it a 10...I thoight it`s pretty awesome specially after I watched Giant Bomb Indurance run.

RaIn285

I couldn't get into the game at all, wanted to like it but just couldn't see past the terrible controls and graphics unfortunately. A lot of people out there love the game though so I think it just depends on your taste really and whether you think you can look past the problems the game has such as the aforementioned tank-like controls. Story did seem pretty interesting from what I did play of it and you can get it for pretty cheap now too.

ovinic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3096 ovinic
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Is there any good co-op adventure games for xbox 360? I want the Disc version. because I just play it offline :( Like Dante Inferno (Single Player only) I has bought Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and Green Lantern last week.. and its very fun games for co-op i think.. :) I'm searching for Dynasty Warriors 7.. But it really2 hard to find the original copy in Indonesia :sob: (My XBOX 360 is Jasper White /OLD XBOX 360 one) (And only using ORIGINAL COPY of games :D buy in www.kaskus.us because its hard to find who sell xbox 360 original copy :sob:) Thankyou.. Sorry if My English is very bad X(
hyde8866

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3099 hyde8866
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
[QUOTE="ovinic"]Is there any good co-op adventure games for xbox 360? I want the Disc version. because I just play it offline :( Like Dante Inferno (Single Player only) I has bought Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 and Green Lantern last week.. and its very fun games for co-op i think.. :) I'm searching for Dynasty Warriors 7.. But it really2 hard to find the original copy in Indonesia :sob: (My XBOX 360 is Jasper White /OLD XBOX 360 one) (And only using ORIGINAL COPY of games :D buy in www.kaskus.us because its hard to find who sell xbox 360 original copy :sob:) Thankyou.. Sorry if My English is very bad X(

u could try dungeon seige3..though the game length is a bit short...u could finished the game under 6hrs..but still worth it i think...
sinsalaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3100 sinsalaca
Member since 2005 • 1070 Posts

Looking to get a new game and think I have narrowed it down to two possibilities

Dead Island or Deus Ex

Both interest me and I am having a hard time deciding on which one to go with.

Thoughts are appreciated