the new xbox in 2010...

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#51 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

The 360 and PS3 are supposed to have a longer life than other systems. At least I hope so because I'm tired of spending $500 every 5 years to get a new console.

The only thing I really really want on the next Xbox is the ability to use the same hard drive from my 360... so I can keep all of my arcade games, profile, gamerscore, and friends list.

Blu-Ray would be nice, too.

A22A221N_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 A22A221N_47
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts

The 360 and PS3 are supposed to have a longer life than other systems. At least I hope so because I'm tired of spending $500 every 5 years to get a new console.

The only thing I really really want on the next Xbox is the ability to use the same hard drive from my 360... so I can keep all of my arcade games, profile, gamerscore, and friends list.

imperial_agent

you could probably re cover ur account on the new xbox cuz trust dont think that microsoft will forget about everyone's accounts

imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

[QUOTE="TheDanwich"][QUOTE="doberman20"]you have to spend an extra $100 on the network adapter. That alone makes the 360 more expensive than the PS3. (seriously, $100 is a complete ripoff). But the 360 is all about the online, and using that online has additional fees that the PS does not have.decepticondevil

The network adapter is optional. The other systems has it built in, thus you don't have a choice if you want it or not. Therefor, you have to pay for it whether or not you're going to use it. They made it seperate so they wouldn't have to charge you if you didn't want it. Geee, is it so bad to have a choice?

Also, you can plug the ethernet cable directly into the Xbox360 instead of using the wireless adapter. They come with an ethernet cable, btw.

Yes, the PS3 network is free... but how many online games do you actually see available for the PS3? How robust and dynamic is their online service? The 360, by far, has a much superior online service, with steady updates and tons of content. I dunno about you, but $5 a month is worth a better product.

w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#55 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Hopefully it won't be more than $500.
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

okay so we all know there is all gonna be a new xbox in 2010PSfanboy101

No, we don't.

Show me an Official announcement from Microsoft to back your BOGUS thread.

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts
They better have full backwards compatibility to the 360 games. I don't like the idea of paying $60 for a game which then turns into a paper weight after the next release of a new console a few years down the road. They already screwed us once by promising Xbox backwards compatibility and then only delivering 75% of the games available. I also worry that the Xbox "Originals" will work on the next generation of Xbox but not the original disks, meaning you would have to buy your old Xbox game again in the digital form. At least with the PC, something you bought 10 years ago still plays on the PC today. I guess we'll find out.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
its too early the next xbox coming 2010 and why the next xbox coming again first its mistake for me
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

okay so we all know there is all gonna be a new xbox in 2010 BUT is it going to be an upgraded xbox 360 like the elite OR is it gonna be a whole new xbox and by that i mean xbox 3. One more thing, what are your opinons on BioShock on the paystation? (i forgot the L on purpose)PSfanboy101

Well if we all know theres gonna be a new Xbox in 2010,perhaps you can give us the specs?

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

imperial_agent

Thats why everyone is always disapointed by the small step ahead in graphics and gameplay on a new system because a new sytem is sent out every 5 years so there isn't time to make any big leaps. With a longer lifespan it will help the next gen actually be next gen.

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
thats a terrible idae it will be $500 or more
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
[QUOTE="TheDanwich"][QUOTE="doberman20"]

[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"]okay so we all know there is all gonna be a new xbox in 2010 BUT is it going to be an upgraded xbox 360 like the elite OR is it gonna be a whole new xbox and by that i mean xbox 3. One more thing, what are your opinons on BioShock on the paystation? (i forgot the L on purpose)decepticondevil

how is it the paystation when xbox cost more than anything for extra stuff you need to play?

What extra stuff?? I bought my $400 Xbox 360.... and I play with it all the time. I haven't had to buy anything else to play it.

Well, if you want to use your console on a wireless network (like many people do... I would even venture to say the majority) you have to spend an extra $100 on the network adapter. That alone makes the 360 more expensive than the PS3.

Even the freakin' Wii has built-in wirless... it's bs. I refuse to spend $100 on M$'s adapter so I'm using the netgear one I bought for my original Xbox. It works, but I have to do a connection test every time I start the console up... I guarantee M$ could make the majority of ethernet adapters fully compatable with a simple firmware update, but they won't do it because they want everyone to shell out for an overpriced adapter (seriously, $100 is a complete ripoff).

When I bought the 360 I thought it had built-in wireless... honestly, if I had known it didn't I would have bought a PS3, but that's my fault for assuming it was a next-gen system and not doing my research (yes, "next gen" means more to me than graphics... though I seem to be in a minority with that opinion).

Also, $50 a year for online vs free online. You can argue about which has the best online all day, but the simple fact is that, yes, the Xbox is actually more expensive... unless you just want to play single player or split screen all the time. If that's the case, then you're right... you don't have to pay for anything else besides games. But the 360 is all about the online, and using that online has additional fees that the PS does not have.

I just bought a 30 foot long ****** ethernet cable to connect my 360 to me wireless Linksys router,cos of the high priced MS wireless adapter.Picked the cable up for approx.12 dollars.Works fine all the time+ran it under carpet so you cant see it anyway.
Spire88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Spire88
Member since 2006 • 4502 Posts
microsoft shouldnt even think of making a new xbox untill they solve the RROD from happening for good.
xxIMoRTaLlxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 xxIMoRTaLlxx
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts

This will be the new XBOX 3 controller...

blah

The new console...

heh

And the new ELITE CONSOLE!!!!

host

angryguywalking

Hahaha! Thats really funny!

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

As much as the Xbox 720 sounds good, I honestly feel like I havn't played the 360 a lot. It's only been 2 years since i bought it and i know there are many more things to be done with it. The problems with releasing the 720 is that MS MAY abandon the 360 at a very rapid pace. Second, it MAY not be as polished or well done as we'd like because it wants to be the first next-gen console on the market. PS4 coems out 2012)

on top of that, they're coming out with a slim 360 2009. or so i've been told...

jiff_man12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jiff_man12
Member since 2005 • 88 Posts

Yes and it will not need a power source. It runs off air and liquid fusion. The flux capacitor will allow you to travel inside of the system and play AS the character, which will require an internet connection and HD cable. It's gonna be sick.AddictedToMe

Not only that, it'll also give you free pudding and *something nasty i might get modded for, so i'm censoring it*. You can learn to fly from it too.

Ahiru-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ahiru-San
Member since 2006 • 1375 Posts

i loved the new "elite" console !!! sooooo huge like, i'd need to break my tv room's ceiling just for that o_O

and that body suit looks awesome!!! i heard it reads your brain impulses so you don't have to move your fingers to anything... XD

WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts

okay so we all know there is all gonna be a new xbox in 2010 BUT is it going to be an upgraded xbox 360 like the elite OR is it gonna be a whole new xbox and by that i mean xbox 3. One more thing, what are your opinons on BioShock on the paystation? (i forgot the L on purpose)PSfanboy101

Sorry microsoft said new xbox could be released in 2011 or 2012 if all goes well. Kim the head guy of the xbox devision said that the life span of the xbox is 7-8 years

Infiniti-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Infiniti-Zero
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
They really shouldn't make a new one. It's not a great idea. I mean, the 360 is at the top of its game and will continue to get better. But of course that's my thoughts now. By 2010-12 things will be much different and it may very well be time for a new one.
Avatar image for MasterofShmevil
MasterofShmevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MasterofShmevil
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I don't think there will be another xbox console for a while... Xbox live is very popular, why would they need to make another console?
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
im glad Bioshock is going to get more exposure, that game deserves to be played.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#72 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

I don't know, but I would hope so, a new Xbox would be great. As for Bioshock on the Ps3, why should I care ? It has been out so long, that most people who didn't own an xbox played it on PC. Plus we Got Bango and Koozie coming out :)

CaptinKyle

Bango and Koozie? Interesting, tell me more. :P

On the other hand, I'm not sure it'll be in 2010, and if it is, it'll probably just be an upgrade. But we shall see. I still have a ton of stuff to do on my 360, that's for damn sure.

Avatar image for YourChaosIsntMe
YourChaosIsntMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 YourChaosIsntMe
Member since 2007 • 1228 Posts

blah

The new console...

heh

host

angryguywalking

Hahahahahaha. I like the last picture.

mother_farter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74 mother_farter
Member since 2003 • 16676 Posts
When they do make a new console I just hope they know what their doing before launch so there wont be a shortage of console on release day also none of the ridiculous red light problems.
xBloodKnighTx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 xBloodKnighTx
Member since 2003 • 830 Posts

blah

The new console...

heh

host

angryguywalking

Actually, that last picture is the power brick for the new xbox. lol

kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts
this gen is flying by, it feels like i just got my 360 on launch day yesterday
DrD3V1L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DrD3V1L
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts
It'll be a new system, not an upgraded one.
Akm4everz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Akm4everz
Member since 2004 • 2390 Posts
omg ther is gonna be a new xbox in 2010??! what the freak is the point...
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#79 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

[QUOTE="Carlo_769"]2005 i guessLeviLRP

Ya and the last time I checked the average life span of a console before a new one came out was 5 years. I could be wrong though so if I am some one please correct me.

Don't forget that the old PS2 is still drawing is terminal breath, so that pulls the lifetime of consoles averagely up by a good chunk :)

martialbullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#80 martialbullet
Member since 2006 • 10948 Posts

That would be be the worst move Microsoft would make if they released a new console that soon.....

ughhhh........

2012...no less.

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts
It's the Okama Gamesphere.AddictedToMe
"Take me down to funky town" That episode was hilarious.
philip6k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 philip6k
Member since 2006 • 1365 Posts

IDK realy, the last system i was excited about getting was the N64. now i just wait till they come out and buy them.

oh and you know ps4 wont be out for another 8 years according to sony! * snickers*

10 year life cycle my butt.... as soon as the next box comes out nintendo and sony will get there colsols out within a year of it...

mariomusicmaker

yeah right, reason of all these rumors is cause 360 is already out dated and was not built for the future at all, like the ps3 was

Mcderby4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Mcderby4
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
New Xbox shouldn't come out until late 2011 or 2012 because the 360 still hasn't seen much and it could still be pushed more to have better graphical games
sergeantscul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85 sergeantscul
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts
I think the xbox "3" should be around in like 2010, because look at ps1 (1998 i think) ps2 (2002ish) ps3 (2006 right?) and then xbox was like (2001) and xbox 360 was 2k5 so it should be in a year or two.
TJ_22_TJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TJ_22_TJ
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts
[QUOTE="Xxgood-timesXx"]

angryguywalking..

I like how you got those pics off google.

angryguywalking

I like how you searched and thought of where i could possibly get those pictures

lol

joevitale1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 joevitale1
Member since 2008 • 62 Posts
upgraded xbox 360? No try a system. you sound like a fanboy to me. The PS4 will come out the same year.
Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
paystation? (i forgot the L on purpose)PSfanboy101
LAME!!!!!! Anyways, I hope not. 5 year lifespan for a console is pathetic. I love what Sony is doing with the 10 year plan. That way I can buy a PS3 in February or whatever and hopefully by then it will be $350 or something, and then I still have about 8 years or so to go x)
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#89 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
It won't come out in 2010, if anything 2011 or 2012.
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Morning_Revival
upgraded xbox 360? No try a system. you sound like a fanboy to me. The PS4 will come out the same year.joevitale1
No it wont. Sony has a 10 year plan for the PS3, so it still has about 7-8 years left before a Playstation 4 comes out. They did the same with PS2 I think. I know my brother and I got a PS2 when I was in 5th Grade, and I dont think the PS3 came out till I was a Sophmore, and now Im a Senior.
Snake_raider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Snake_raider
Member since 2008 • 579 Posts

i dont want another xbox coming out till like 2011 or 2012.. i want to see a big leap in graphics and networking and all that

Snake_raider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Snake_raider
[QUOTE="joevitale1"]upgraded xbox 360? No try a system. you sound like a fanboy to me. The PS4 will come out the same year.Morning_Revival
No it wont. Sony has a 10 year plan for the PS3, so it still has about 7-8 years left before a Playstation 4 comes out. They did the same with PS2 I think. I know my brother and I got a PS2 when I was in 5th Grade, and I dont think the PS3 came out till I was a Sophmore, and now Im a Senior.

no not a 10 year plan meaning theyll release ps4 in 10 years.. they mean they will support it for 10 years like the ps2 which is still being supported
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Morning_Revival
[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"][QUOTE="joevitale1"]upgraded xbox 360? No try a system. you sound like a fanboy to me. The PS4 will come out the same year.Snake_raider

no not a 10 year plan meaning theyll release ps4 in 10 years.. they mean they will support it for 10 years like the ps2 which is still being supported

Ohh, my bad haha
Snake_raider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Snake_raider
[QUOTE="Snake_raider"][QUOTE="Morning_Revival"] No it wont. Sony has a 10 year plan for the PS3, so it still has about 7-8 years left before a Playstation 4 comes out. They did the same with PS2 I think. I know my brother and I got a PS2 when I was in 5th Grade, and I dont think the PS3 came out till I was a Sophmore, and now Im a Senior.Morning_Revival

Ohh, my bad haha

np heh
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#95 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

In 2011 I'd like to see a Xbox1080 (HD/1080p pun) with the following specs:

32nm Native Quad with Hyperthreading (4 physical + 4 virtual cores) - AKA a custom-tailored Sandy Bridge CPU

1-2GB DDR3 Ram

DirectX 11 Capable GPU with 1GB dedicated video ram than runs games natively at 1080p or higher (Drop support for SD)

Blu Ray or HD-DVD standard disc format (The DVD is too cramped) / Full Game Downloads / Game Installation

Hard Drive capacity of at least 250GB, preferably 500GB (3rd Party Option ala PS3 would be nice)

Integrated Wi-Fi / Blutooth

Further improvement of the Xbox Dashboard / Interface

FULL Mouse/KB support for ALL games (Finally bring the rest of the PC gamers... to tear up console gamers in shooters ;))

Price: I'd pay up to $1000 for a solid system.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#96 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
upgraded xbox 360? No try a system. you sound like a fanboy to me. The PS4 will come out the same year.joevitale1
Don't bump old threads...
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#97 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts
if that ball is the 720, will the entire thing turn red since there won't be a ring? They better not make anymore crap.
_Kikode_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98 _Kikode_
Member since 2008 • 434 Posts

Yes and it will not need a power source. It runs off air and liquid fusion. The flux capacitor will allow you to travel inside of the system and play AS the character, which will require an internet connection and HD cable. It's gonna be sick.AddictedToMe

You forgot about the time continium transfuntioner

Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#99 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts
There better not be a new one next year. I got my 360 only yesterday :|
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

i couldn't care less about a system that's coming out in a year...i'm enjoying my 360 now...also

do not revive old threads...this one was created: May 25, 2008 5:17 pm ET