The Final Debate: CoD4: Modern Warfare vs. CoD: World at War OR BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 196 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Logan1616
Member since 2008 • 3424 Posts

Let's get this over with. There's always a debate it seems on which is better.

Everyone put their opinion in and let's get this showdown started.

I'll start us off. Personally, Infinity Ward owns the crap out of Treyarch and thy make the best Call of Duty's. I'm terrible at CoD: WaW, and MUCH better at CoD4. I've got a 1.77 K/D in WaW and a 1.82 K/D in CoD4. But for some reason, I'm just bad at WaW. I do well on certain maps, but I'm not consistent. I don't know which guns to use, I mostly use the STG-44 though in WaW, but I don't have any certain strategy. It seems the maps are too big to me I guess, but I'm not sure. Another problem I have is that the uniforms and people like blend in with the maps. I know it sounds like I'm stupid, but I played WaW yesterday, and went 11-8 on three straight maps. So then, I pop in CoD4 and I go 31-4, first game, haven't played the game in 3 weeks, and I go 31-4. I'm not even using the M16, which I dislike, but I'm using the MP5.

I feel like the kills in WaW are BS sometimes, and I feel like Treyarch almost made the game like battlefield, but tried to also stay consistent with CoD run and gun gameplay. It's almost like a hybrid, because they try to make it feel epic, but also fast paced and get's your heart beat up.

The glitches don't bother me, because I know they'll be fixed and I haven't had too many encouters with them, but the guns also seem unbalanced to me.

So my vote goes to CoD4. Here's to Modern Warfare 2:D

EDIT: It says both in the title but I can have it say both in the poll because it has "already collected votes."

SO IF YOU LIKE BOTH JUST SAY SO

FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts
Cod4. IW actually did something new by bringing it up to current weapons that are interesting and fun to use. Treyarch just went back to the same old boring stuff that we've already played a thousand times and better.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Why does there need to be another debate.If you like a certain game then just play it.Some people will like one over the other and people like me will like both.No need for a debate.
kramer0024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 kramer0024
Member since 2008 • 179 Posts
Why does there need to be another debate.If you like a certain game then just play it.Some people will like one over the other and people like me will like both.No need for a debate.K1LLR3175
For ONE simple reason, the people that are interested in maybe buying COD: W@W when in fact it is a total waste of money, well for the multiplayer anyway. for those people i would strongly urge a healthy "rent" And my vote goes to MW for DOING IT FIRST!!!
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Why does there need to be another debate.If you like a certain game then just play it.Some people will like one over the other and people like me will like both.No need for a debate.K1LLR3175

i agree with you...there is no need for threads like this....if you like the game, play it....if you don't like the game, than don't play it

and since i haven't played cod:waw yet, i'm going to have to go with cod4

xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
Dude the debate ended the day the game came out!! Stop making these!!
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Logan1616
I like both, I just like one over the other. I'm simply asking which one is better, I'm not asking which games you like, but which you like better.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Logan1616
It's a debate you guys, not an argument. They're different. Both sides can bring up details and arguments they'd like to make and both sides can refute. To those who don't like these threads, don't post. There's your solution. Onto the point though, which is better?
Deltapixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deltapixel
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
the final debate... until someone else makes the exact same thread in about an hour
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 K1LLR3175
[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]Why does there need to be another debate.If you like a certain game then just play it.Some people will like one over the other and people like me will like both.No need for a debate.Logan1616
I like both, I just like one over the other. I'm simply asking which one is better, I'm not asking which games you like, but which you like better.

You not asking.Debates never solve anything.They just leave more unwanted question.It is all based on opinion.COD4 if you like Modern warfare,COD5 if you are a History buff.Both if you are a Modern History Buff.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Logan1616
the final debate... until someone else makes the exact same thread in about an hourDeltapixel
meh....whatever..anyways, which game do you think is better?
Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
i dont particularly enjoy WAW at all. it doesnt give me any reasons to play it. why would i try to get to rank 65 online and play it loads if i can play COD4 which has better online? me and a friend tried to play a game last night and it was impossible for me to join his game (via invite) or vice versa. i have never had any problems on COD4. the only thing i think is good about WAW online is having the boot camp mode for beginners. but even that doesnt work because people who are rank 65 etc or above rank 8 manage to get in after its locked. they should keep the boot camp option till you are rank 18 so you will have most of the stuff you need for when you go to the other modes so you dont get pwned as badly by the higher ranking people
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Logan1616
[QUOTE="guitarsrock4eva"]i dont particularly enjoy WAW at all. it doesnt give me any reasons to play it. why would i try to get to rank 65 online and play it loads if i can play COD4 which has better online? me and a friend tried to play a game last night and it was impossible for me to join his game (via invite) or vice versa. i have never had any problems on COD4. the only thing i think is good about WAW online is having the boot camp mode for beginners. but even that doesnt work because people who are rank 65 etc or above rank 8 manage to get in after its locked. they should keep the boot camp option till you are rank 18 so you will have most of the stuff you need for when you go to the other modes so you dont get pwned as badly by the higher ranking people

Yes, very good point. Hopefully Modern Warfare 2 and Infinity Ward capitalize on this and Nazi Zombie Mode. Except MW2 would have like Nazi Jihad mode or something. I also find the menu for custom classes and the whole multiplayer setup much less polished than CoD4's.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 K1LLR3175
[QUOTE="Deltapixel"]the final debate... until someone else makes the exact same thread in about an hourLogan1616
meh....whatever..anyways, which game do you think is better?

Why are you still trying to get this lame debate going?We already told you we don't need it.Just play which ever game you feel to be better.Since both games are good,it will come down to personal prefrence.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Logan1616
I've already addressed you. If you don't like it, leave this thread. Stop complaining. Plus, don't say debates don't solve anything because they solve a lot. Ever participated in a real debate with Judges? Ever competed in the Minnesota State High school Debate Tournament? Have you won a Debate tournament? Ever even watch the presidential debates? Ever heard of the Lincoln-Douglas debates that previewed the Election of 1860 and competed for an Illinois seat in the US Senate? If you don't like this, get out. Debates solve issues. You most likely think that ignoring the issues (by playing both) gets things done. CoD4 vs CoD: WaW. That's the question. Answer it.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
[QUOTE="Logan1616"] If you don't like this, get out. Debates solve issues. You most likely think that ignoring the issues (by playing both) gets things done. CoD4 vs CoD: WaW. That's the question. Answer it.

The problem is...THERE IS NO ISSUE! If you like MW, play it, if you like WAW, play it. STOP MAKING THESE THREADS! They are ridiculous. Why waste time TALKING about the game, when you could be PLAYING the game.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Logan1616
I am playing it right now.... And this is a game forum, meaning people come here to discuss games. I am addressing an issue. The issue I've seen throughout the gamespot community is which CoD game is better, which is why I made the thread. Think when you post.
NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
[QUOTE="Logan1616"]I am playing it right now.... I am addressing an issue. The issue I've seen throughout the gamespot community is which CoD game is better, which is why I made the thread. Think when you post.

lol how is that an issue? It's not an issue. Nothing in life is unanimous. Some people enjoy certain things, while those same things may detest other people. If we all made posts about these "issues", the forums would be flooded with "Which game is better" "This vs. This" "That vs. That" And as for saying I should THINK when I post, I think you should READ when you post. Go read the rules and guidelines for the forums, you'll see that these types of posts ARE NOT ALLOWED in the forum at all. NO game vs. game comparisons. This will get locked, and you will be moderated.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]Why does there need to be another debate.If you like a certain game then just play it.Some people will like one over the other and people like me will like both.No need for a debate.Logan1616

no you're just not asking, you're bashing WaW when it's actually a decent game. how in the hell does WaW have BS kills than CoD4? BOTH games have BS kills. the only difference that needs to be accounted for is that one game has modern weapons and the other has older weapons. it's a matter of what kind of guns you like using
patrickhorta87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 patrickhorta87
Member since 2008 • 212 Posts

Let's get this over with. There's always a debate it seems on which is better.

Everyone put their opinion in and let's get this showdown started.

I'll start us off. Personally, Infinity Ward owns the crap out of Treyarch and thy make the best Call of Duty's. I'm terrible at CoD: WaW, and MUCH better at CoD4. I've got a 1.77 K/D in WaW and a 1.82 K/D in CoD4. But for some reason, I'm just bad at WaW. I do well on certain maps, but I'm not consistent. I don't know which guns to use, I mostly use the STG-44 though in WaW, but I don't have any certain strategy. It seems the maps are too big to me I guess, but I'm not sure. Another problem I have is that the uniforms and people like blend in with the maps. I know it sounds like I'm stupid, but I played WaW yesterday, and went 11-8 on three straight maps. So then, I pop in CoD4 and I go 31-4, first game, haven't played the game in 3 weeks, and I go 31-4. I'm not even using the M16, which I dislike, but I'm using the MP5.

I feel like the kills in WaW are BS sometimes, and I feel like Treyarch almost made the game like battlefield, but tried to also stay consistent with CoD run and gun gameplay. It's almost like a hybrid, because they try to make it feel epic, but also fast paced and get's your heart beat up.

The glitches don't bother me, because I know they'll be fixed and I haven't had too many encouters with them, but the guns also seem unbalanced to me.

So my vote goes to CoD4. Here's to Modern Warfare 2:D

Logan1616

it always comes down to this. this will not be the final debate so change the title of your blog. for those of you who like the modern warfare then play it. for those of you who like the ww2 stuff then play that. me myself i like history so its cool that you actually get to have your guy playing through some of the battles that happened. also modern warfare was cool becaus it was fresh and new.

Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Logan1616
I've posted threads like these before with no problems. Also, you left out the game forum part, conceding that you believe that forums are where people TALK about games, not play them. I never said that it should be a unanimous vote, but a healthy debates get heated and people fight for what they believe in, which is what I'm trying to make you do, and I believe I've succeeded. I'm just saying, I want both sides of the puzzle and I'd like people's opinions about the games.
Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rehehelly
Member since 2005 • 165 Posts
Thread seems more like a brag at kill death ratio and how good you are than comparing games.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Logan1616
I'm not bashing it, I'm simply stating the troubles I've had with the game. I'm sorry it come across as bashing. Let me go into detail. From my experience, I get shot in the head from one bullet with the MP40 without stopping power, and I die. I find that a little unfair. Also, the STG I believe should fire more rapidly, or at least a tad faster.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
Also, the STG I believe should fire more rapidly, or at least a tad faster.Logan1616
that's how the real gun shoots man, besides you could get the double tap perk, problem solved
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Logan1616
Thread seems more like a brag at kill death ratio and how good you are than comparing games.Rehehelly
No, I'm saying that my K/D ratio didn't really change but I suck more at WaW. My K/D ratio is crap compared to my buddies, mates, and stuff.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Logan1616
[QUOTE="Logan1616"] Also, the STG I believe should fire more rapidly, or at least a tad faster.KGB32
that's how the real gun shoots man, besides you could get the double tap perk, problem solved

Yeah, i tried that, but I run out of ammo quicker. I mean, I don't hate the game, I just like CoD4 more. But anyways, this has been a good thread, because people have gotten fired up and livid about what they fight for. That's a good quality I believe, people who stand up for what they believe in, and throughout this thread, I seen that, and I like it.:D
Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rehehelly
[QUOTE="KGB32"][QUOTE="Logan1616"] Also, the STG I believe should fire more rapidly, or at least a tad faster.Logan1616

Yeah, i tried that, but I run out of ammo quicker.

Seriously? You just said that? If you fire faster, it's OBVIOUS you will run out of bullets faster. If the gun fired faster (which it probably doesn't in real life) then you'd still run out of ammo faster. /facepalm
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Logan1616
[QUOTE="Rehehelly"][QUOTE="Logan1616"][QUOTE="KGB32"] that's how the real gun shoots man, besides you could get the double tap perk, problem solved

Yeah, i tried that, but I run out of ammo quicker.

Seriously? You just said that? If you fire faster, it's OBVIOUS you will run out of bullets faster. If the gun fired faster (which it probably doesn't in real life) then you'd still run out of ammo faster. /facepalm

I KNOW THAT. But the gun didn't fire like that in CoD4. In CoD4 the MP44, same thing as STG-44, fired faster. I'm not sure why though. Why are you complaining though, in your GT it says you last played CoD4.... By the way, what is your K/D ratio?
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
cod4, but they both are the same type of game. i thought it felt the same thing playing 4 and then playing waw.
Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rehehelly

I KNOW THAT. But the gun didn't fire like that in CoD4. In CoD4 the MP44, same thing as STG-44, fired faster. I'm not sure why though. Why are you complaining though, in your GT it says you last played CoD4.... By the way, what is your K/D ratio?Logan1616

I did last play CoD 4, I prefer it over CoD WaW (although I only have experience of the BETA). Not interested in WW2 as i've played about 1000 WW2 shooters, multiplayer seemed the same aswell, although war was more fun than domination.

I am complaining because about 10 of these threads appear every week. Comparing the two games, why not just stick with the game you prefer. It's like comparing FIFA and Pro Evo. According to Major Nelson more people are playing WaW than CoD 4 so it must be doing something right.

And it's about 1.05. Just got to level 53 today so, i'm still fairly new :)

Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
I have both and I don't like 4, WaW all the way.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Logan1616
Well of course it's going to be played more than CoD4 on the Xbox Live Activity list. The game came out about two months ago while CoD4 came out a year ago! lol
Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Rehehelly
Halo 3 gets more plays than CoD 4 but that came out a month before CoD 4. Explain.
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
I like WaW better. The single player had a better feel and locations to it. It went places that previous COD games didnt take us as well as to new areas in the big warzones that have been visited before. And I prefer the old fashion weapons cause I enjoy that period of military history. Plus the only thing COD4 did that was new was the perk system. Yes the modern setting was new for COD but not new all around. The setting and weapons have been used over and over and over again in plenty of other games. it was just something new for COD but nothing special. The guns can be found in alot of other modern set shooters that use them to a much more realistic degree. And the whole fabricated middle east russian story setting was just lame. At least WaW took real historical events and didnt need to fabricate a story out of thin air. cause thats what made COD so cool in the beginning, that even though it was just a game, the events actually happened. And to take that material and successfully put it into a videogame was amazing
mister_sambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mister_sambert
Member since 2006 • 196 Posts
They're both the same.... the only difference is the weapons. Other than that, it's the exact same.... Seriously, CoD 4 is a great and, and WaW is a great game. If you don't like one, you can't possibly like the other.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Why does it matter really if you like one it doesnt really mean that the other one is bad its just an opinion
hardrocker2244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardrocker2244
Member since 2008 • 81 Posts
COD4. Way better campaign, equal online play, and overall just a better game. The only thing COD WaW is better at is the fact that it has the war game mode.
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Logan1616
Well as of right now CoD4 is winning.
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ceells87
Well as of right now CoD4 is winning.Logan1616
in opinions yes. meaning.....absolutely nothing
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Logan1616
[QUOTE="Logan1616"]Well as of right now CoD4 is winning.ceells87

True. But if you want facts, the review scores say it as well. Go to Gamerankings and CoD4 is winning there as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts
Call of Duty 4 is the greatest game i have ever played! CoD5 is a good game.
ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ceells87
[QUOTE="ceells87"][QUOTE="Logan1616"]Well as of right now CoD4 is winning.Logan1616

True. But if you want facts, the review scores say it as well. Go to Gamerankings and CoD4 is winning there as well.

once again influenced and decided on by opinion. professional and otherwise. still mean nothing when asking people what they like better. a person's opinion should only matter to themself and no one else. letting someone influence your decision without firsthand experiance is as smart as letting someone in an ornge jumpsuit with a prison barcode take your child somewhere cause they said they said you should. if you want to have a debate over what people think is better fine, but dont start saying something is winning when there will never be an end to it and no professional insight is given. regurgitating information doesnt make it right.
suicidal_T_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#43 suicidal_T_H
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts
My vote goes to CoD 4. I've tried W@W and I just don't like the multiplayer as much as CoD 4.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Cod4 not saying cod5 is bad cod4 was just more fun. now no more of these threads ever again kthxbye
XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#45 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

COD4!

akai_reaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 akai_reaver
Member since 2004 • 7754 Posts
I don't know why everyone is knocking the thread maker for making this thread, he understands it's opinion, so leave it be, and leave the thread if you don't like it. Simple as that. Call of Duty 4 gets my vote. The menus and everything just seem much more organized, including the create-a-class menu and such. Not only that, but the maps are more well thought out in my opinion. Some of the maps in World at War just seem too big for their own good. Call of Duty 4 has maps for the right size, and each map seems like it supports the playstyle of whatever you want to play as. The recoil seems much more reasonable as well, some of the guns in World at War are very powerful, and don't seem like they have a lot of recoil at all! I don't want to go too far into it. Although, I have to give World at War something. The squad system is awesome, I like knowing where my party is at any given moment. I also like being able to press up on the D-pad during a multiplayer match and see where everyone in your team is and such. (In CoD4 you had to press start to see this map). Nazi zombies is definitely fun with friends, boot camp (was a great idea, although some high ranks get in somehow) and War are amazing as well.
red192837465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 red192837465
Member since 2008 • 164 Posts

Why are we all makeing such a big deal about the topic? You can like both. You can hate both. Who cares? What we talking about is what YOU think is better.

Personally I like COD 4. Infinity Ward is three times better.

RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#48 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
Are the grenade-throwing japanese soldiers really that bad in this game? I really like CoD games but when Treyarch does them the campaign seems to veer into cheap territory too often.
scfan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 scfan3
Member since 2004 • 3325 Posts
I skipped CoD4 for various reasons, but got WaW for Christmas and have really liked it so far, especially multiplayer. I'll get CoD4 when the price is less than $60, of course I never see it on sale anymore.....
Logan1616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Logan1616
[QUOTE="akai_reaver"]I don't know why everyone is knocking the thread maker for making this thread, he understands it's opinion, so leave it be, and leave the thread if you don't like it. Simple as that. Call of Duty 4 gets my vote. The menus and everything just seem much more organized, including the create-a-class menu and such. Not only that, but the maps are more well thought out in my opinion. Some of the maps in World at War just seem too big for their own good. Call of Duty 4 has maps for the right size, and each map seems like it supports the playstyle of whatever you want to play as. The recoil seems much more reasonable as well, some of the guns in World at War are very powerful, and don't seem like they have a lot of recoil at all! I don't want to go too far into it. Although, I have to give World at War something. The squad system is awesome, I like knowing where my party is at any given moment. I also like being able to press up on the D-pad during a multiplayer match and see where everyone in your team is and such. (In CoD4 you had to press start to see this map). Nazi zombies is definitely fun with friends, boot camp (was a great idea, although some high ranks get in somehow) and War are amazing as well.

Haha, thanks. :D I toally agree on you with everything! It's so much more organized, not as much of a hassle, and much more polished!