The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Way too long!!!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deathballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Deathballz
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
I think that The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion is way too long! you have so many side quests, a huge world to explore, and the 10 hour main quest what else could be big about this game...well duh! THE NEW EXPANSIONS!!! I haven't even played them yet and I have played 96 hours 43 minutes into the game. That is a lot of freakin gameplay. Everyone must agree on this the two most annoying side quest in the whole freakin game is the "Nirnroot Quest" and the "Vampire Cure Quest"! AGREED!?:roll:
cbxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cbxero
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
Is there any game you DO like?
-JoshP-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 -JoshP-
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts
Yeah, Oblivion is very good. Almost too good...
duckykay2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 duckykay2
Member since 2005 • 42 Posts
No, not agreed. I think you should stop getting RPG's as it seems they just aren't your type of game.
Deathballz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Deathballz
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts
No! There is only two games in history that I actually appreciate. Splinter Cell Double Agent, and Tenchu Z. These are 2 stealth games that gives the umph! in gaming. POWNAGE FLOW!!!:o
cbxero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cbxero
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

And yet your avatar is Halo.

Why play games then if you've only ever found two that you like?

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

how can it be a bad point that the game offers so much to do. if you dont like the length of it then stop playing when ur sick of playing.

its like moaning about buying a box of choclates because they have given you 50% extra free

Vic_Vega1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Vic_Vega1994
Member since 2003 • 1397 Posts
Oblivion is suppose to take you a long time
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
i'm really starting to dislike children at this point. not all of them mind you. there are some nice people on the board. but then, we encounter one of these. i make it simple. Oblivion is a RPG. RPG's take a long time. That's the point.
Raz0redge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Raz0redge
Member since 2004 • 1796 Posts
Now the world is complete..most people make posts about how short a particular game is and here we have a post complaining about a length of a game..fabulous..you get a cookie.
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#12 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

i'm really starting to dislike children at this point. not all of them mind you. there are some nice people on the board. but then, we encounter one of these. i make it simple. Oblivion is a RPG. RPG's take a long time. That's the point.tgschmidt

its because kids today have the attention span of a pea

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

Oblivion is suppose to take you a long timeVic_Vega1994

why do people make new topics stating obvious things?

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
that's a good thing, it'll keep you playing for a while.
drgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 drgrady
Member since 2005 • 513 Posts

Only 97 hours? I put over 250 hours into Morrowind and only got about halfway through the main story. I should hope it takes you at least 100 hours to get through it. That is kinda the point of having such a massive free roam game, to be able to do unnecessary side quests and exploration if you want or to rush through the main story if you prefer that instead. If you don't like it, try something that isn't a huge, open world that gives you all the choices about what you are going to do. Maybe a slightly more linear game would please you, but please don't complain that a developer made a huge game that is actually worth the pricetag.

jchaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jchaff
Member since 2007 • 1063 Posts

At 1st there is alot of stuff to do, but once you get into the game and understand how everything works, you cant find enough things to do! I love the guilds, i would much rather have guilds for expansions than another island lol.

But the game is a masterpiece, and its deff one of the best games made on the 360. I would go as far as saying its one of the best games ever made, but thats all my opinion :)

1einhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 1einhart
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
I love Oblivion...

I dont have the 2 Expansions but i still play the Main gamme and i think i did 6% of all quests...
Btw im playing Oblivion since last week (not less than 3hours daily)
PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts

[QUOTE="tgschmidt"]i'm really starting to dislike children at this point. not all of them mind you. there are some nice people on the board. but then, we encounter one of these. i make it simple. Oblivion is a RPG. RPG's take a long time. That's the point.chex81

lol couldnt agree more

sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
96 hours? pfft... that's nothing kid... i have over 170 hours of gameplay, and many many people have over 200 hours... and Oblivion can be as long or as short as you want.. why do you complain?:|
tina661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 tina661
Member since 2005 • 1160 Posts
I dont know guys....i kinda agree witht he poster on this. I'd much rather shell out $60 on a game that takes me 6hrs to complete. Gosh, the nerve of those developers making a game that actually doesnt make you feel bad or cheated for spending your hard earned $'s on it. Creeps.
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts
Yeah, how long is Oblivion? I kind of want to try it but people keep telling me it is loooooong so that's a little bit scary :?
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts
Ive played 200 hours and i havent even touched the shivering isles.
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

Yeah, how long is Oblivion? I kind of want to try it but people keep telling me it is loooooong so that's a little bit scary :?Sim_genius

Dont worry man you can make the game as long as you want, but believe me, after you exit the imperial sewers in the beginning, your gonna s#it yourself like i did, its a whole new world in your tv screen.

operamaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 operamaster
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
Dudes they said before the game was released that it was going to be a LONG game with almost infinite possibilities. And if you think its to much play as long as you can stand then dont play anymore.
heada1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 heada1
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
200 hours thats all i've got 5 avitars with over 1500 hours,one at level 45,with other from level 36 to level 12 and still working on them
Avatar image for See_Brandon_358
See_Brandon_358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 See_Brandon_358
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts
Ha I loved that game (traded all my games in for Mass Effect and Bioshock) the first time I played I didn't know that there were multiple menus, or that you could fast travel and I was so lost, after that I beat the game like around 6 times, and god it is so intense, a really underrated game, but I think if fallout 3is supposed to be an RPG Bethesda better work their asses off.
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#27 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

OBLIVION is a HUGE game.

I'm sad to say I have never completed the cure for vampirism quest. I always get stuck in to the sun and die.

hmproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hmproductions
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts
too long? i would have liked it be be longer. or at least another guild or something.
the1stfandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the1stfandb
Member since 2007 • 2397 Posts

Try playing eldar scrolls II:daggerfall it is longer, deeper, and bigger.

It is a american open rpgl ong and free that is why it is good. U dont have to play everything just take fromwhat u want and leave the rest.

rabbit93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rabbit93

dude,i agree, i have spent over 100 hrs on that stupid game and there is still like a million more quests to do on that game.the 1 regret i have in my life is buying that stupid elder scrolls game.and by the way u r rite,those 2 quests do suck!

Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts

dude,i agree, i have spent over 100 hrs on that stupid game and there is still like a million more quests to do on that game.the 1 regret i have in my life is buying that stupid elder scrolls game.and by the way u r rite,those 2 quests do suck!

rabbit93

you reek of sarcasim

jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts
I disagree. Oblivion and all of it's expansions are the prefect length. It is so far my favorite game for this generation. Now if could only load faster I would problably retire all of my other games.
rabbit93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rabbit93

to sim_genius:without doin any other quests and just focusing on the main quest then it probably takes at least 20-35hrs, maybe. i say don't buy it.not worth it!

THERE'S NOTHIN LIKE A TRAIL OF BLOOD TO FIND YOUR WAY BACK HOME..........

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#34 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

wow noob so many ppl complain about short games but now ppl is complaining about a long game wow first in the book you should be happy you geting your money worth since it's not online

aleast it's fun and nice looking it could be boreing and long so ya

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
Back at it again, huh? Tell me then, what is your perfect length for a game. I want you to use games that are available in retail right now for examples.
Mr-Snowman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mr-Snowman93
Member since 2008 • 73 Posts
I've seen this guy before, He was on the Halo 3 bashers board don't listen to him he just's want's attention. RPG's take a long time. WTF! do you want a 7 hour story mode and 2 hours of sidequests'.
lowrey_brian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lowrey_brian
its a side quest that doesnt mean that you have to do it, if you think its stupid dont do it.
dreadedred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dreadedred19
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts
i actually take offense to that. i am young and saying i cant play rpgs is crap because i beat oblivion, main quest and all guilds, and i dont have the attention span of a pea, lol, because maybe an 8 year old cant play an rpg but i love every moment of the 60+ hours that spent with it. be careful what you say, because that was a general statement, i find that maybe because kids are so active minded that they can only play games that require fast movements and ones that are full of action, which i am VERY fond of, but i still like to sit down to an rpg with a good story and good gameplay once in a while. as for oblivion, probably in my top 3 games of all time.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts

[QUOTE="tgschmidt"]i'm really starting to dislike children at this point. not all of them mind you. there are some nice people on the board. but then, we encounter one of these. i make it simple. Oblivion is a RPG. RPG's take a long time. That's the point.chex81

So true. The saddest part is they are only a product of their environment. It's not their fault(for the most part), its the generation that raised them.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Back at it again, huh? Tell me then, what is your perfect length for a game. I want you to use games that are available in retail right now for examples.EnderSR388

Still waiting for the TC's response!!

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

Halo's too short. Mass Effect is too long. Oblivion is too long.

Can you give us an example ofa game that has the ideal length?

XxEclipsexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XxEclipsexX
Member since 2007 • 611 Posts
Why complain. I'm happy as hell they made it "too long". It's better than those retarted games that take less than 24 hours to complete without even trying. I can already see if Bethesda makes another TES, it's gonna kick every other games ass. I'm still playing Oblivion after a year and a half already.
shock_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shock_88
Member since 2003 • 310 Posts

why is everyone taking it seriously.....it's just a joke topic......or does everybody already know that and are playing along.....therefore the joke would be on me:|

Ok i'll stop before I hurt myself

niflheim23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 niflheim23
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I´ve completed absolutely every single quest/sidequest/DLC/Expansion on the game, read everything and checked all the possibilities on the quests, bought all houses, got all the important items, Reached 100 on all the skills and got all the magic, I did the whole crap without cheats. Time....530 Hours...When I completed everything I killed every single NPC on the game, when finished I just went to my House in Skingrad, left all my items on the boxes, weapons, clothes evrything, took the beggar clothes and went to the most remote cave in the game, and shut myself up on the last room of it, saved, deleted all the previous saved games, then I turned off the computer, went to my bed, look towards the ceiling and realized I wasted 530 Hrs on gameplay...I do not regret it, but I could´ve spent more time with my girlfriend :(...Now I´m waiting more Mass Affect to come out for PC on May 28th, Told my girlfriend to purchase it as a gift since my bday was on 05/19th, she stared and me and told me, Don´t u rather prefer to have a special dinner with me...I´m still thinking about I should say...I hope everything were like the Witcher...If you know what Im talking about...DOES "THE ABANDONED MILL" RING ANY BELL?

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
I clocked about 240 hours of gameplay without even touching Shivering Isles and I only completed some of the expansion packs. That game is a blast. If it's too long for you, then don't play it. I loved it and I wish Bethesda would make an Elder Scrolls game that encompassed ALL of the provinces and allowed free roaming through the entire world. It would probably take me at least 5 years to beat it but it would be the best RPG ever made. :)
gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts
I chose to play through most the content (at least main quest and guilds with a few side quests) but no one forced me to. if its to long then only play the main quest or something. i like the length. I feel i got my moneys worth.
gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

Thats not far to all of us. I almost wish Oblivion could be longer (not that it wasnt long enough, just that it was so much fun that I never want it to end). I am looking forword to playing through shivering isles. And even if i thought oblivion was to long, i just wouldnt play it all, i wouldnt make a post whining about it. Were not all bad.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
It's long but that just means it won't get boring.
ray03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ray03
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

yea man apparently oblivion isnt your type of game...i have it and I enjoyed it because of the fact that there was SO much to do

ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts
lol isnt that a good thing