Thank You 343!!!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
I have owned Halo 4 for exactly 2 days now and I have to say that this game is so good that Im actually going to pass on Black Ops 2. I have been a big Halo fan since day one, but once CoD 4 hit, Halo multiplayer fell by the wayside for me for the most part. Although I always buy every Halo game for the campaign, I just could get into the multiplayer of ODST or Reach. Halo 4 is once again the king of online FPS and has the feel of Halo multiplayer of days gone by...(see Halo 2 and 3). So once again, THANK YOU 343 for creating a Halo game that brings the series back to where it belongs!
HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

LOL Absolutely guarantee you will be back to COD for that 60fps goodness. You'll be at Gamestop for the Black Ops 2 midnight launch, it's obvious you're in denial.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'm right there with you. I'm a big BF3 fan and was thinking of picking up the DLC maps, but now that I've also had 2 days with Halo 4, I don't think I'll need another online shooter for a while. It's like they managed to have the perfect mix of modern shooter and classic Halo. I know I'll be spending probably far too much time playing this online, and with weekly Spartan Ops and three map packs to come, I can see this game lasting for a long while (not to mention the single player).

Definitely a good game to really start with for getting a 360 (previously only had a PS3, now have both). Hopefully more people will be playing dominion in the coming days, as it's definitely my favorite game mode.

ItsJoeMama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ItsJoeMama
Member since 2012 • 184 Posts

how is halo 4 good? it looks exactly the same as halo reach and no 1-50 rank system, so no point in playing itJustSignedUp

:lol: Nope. It feels nothing like Reach.

Reach was complete garbage.

ItsJoeMama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ItsJoeMama
Member since 2012 • 184 Posts

I agree with you TC.

I love it so far. It feels way more balanced and in my opinion, it's the best Halo since Halo 2.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I'm right there with you. I'm a big BF3 fan and was thinking of picking up the DLC maps, but now that I've also had 2 days with Halo 4, I don't think I'll need another online shooter for a while. It's like they managed to have the perfect mix of modern shooter and classic Halo. I know I'll be spending probably far too much time playing this online, and with weekly Spartan Ops and three map packs to come, I can see this game lasting for a long while (not to mention the single player).

Definitely a good game to really start with for getting a 360 (previously only had a PS3, now have both). Hopefully more people will be playing dominion in the coming days, as it's definitely my favorite game mode.

blueboxdoctor
I'm in the same boat. I picked up the Limited Edition console and I am loving Halo 4 right now. With be playing this for a long time.
jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts
how is halo 4 good? it looks exactly the same as halo reach and no 1-50 rank system, so no point in playing itJustSignedUp
I think this dude made an account just to bash halo
quasarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 quasarwolf
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts
NOTHING like Reach. I mean NOTHING. I hated the reach multiplayer maps. Bungie thought they could save a butt-load of disc space by using campaign specific multiplayer maps, bad idea. 343 did something I have never seen before. They made a seperate disc just with the multiplayer maps on it to install on your hard drive. That's where 343 won with me. Saved tons of disc space for the campaign. The graphics are sooooo much better than reach too. I gatta hand it to them. GREAT JOB 343!
vamroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 vamroc
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts

What's that smell oh, it's just a PS3 Fanboy :roll:

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Halo 4 is a lot better than Reach.. This is coming from someone who thought Halo needs to die already...
leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 leathaltaco
Member since 2011 • 222 Posts

no, its nothing like any halo, its good trust me, play it

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

LOL Absolutely guarantee you will be back to COD for that 60fps goodness. You'll be at Gamestop for the Black Ops 2 midnight launch, it's obvious you're in denial.

HardGames420
Nope, I dont see it. Halo 4 has that old Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3 feeling to it. It is everything Bungie wished Reach was. multiplayer is just so amazingly fluid. With the different possible loadouts and awesome gametypes, Black Ops 2 has a major battle on its hands.
iamhags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iamhags
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Hmm...not feeling Halo 4. I dissociated myself from Halo after the second one.

Too much Battle Rifle. Not a fan of the maps; most are too big. Most of the games seem to devolve into shooting each other across the map with Battle Rifles.

Might work for some people, but the lack of physical combat/close combat in this game is disappointing.

I just cannot get close enough to use the Assault Rifle.

And having to be still for active camo to work, I don't get it.

psynik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 psynik
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Too much Battle Rifle. Not a fan of the maps; most are too big. Most of the games seem to devolve into shooting each other across the map with Battle Rifles.

Might work for some people, but the lack of physical combat/close combat in this game is disappointing.

iamhags
Lol, are you sure your picked up Halo 4?
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

im just waiting a week to see what people say and if theres any complaints

BeatMastaFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BeatMastaFlex
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

it feels and looks like a different game. so far i love it and ive only played multiplayer and forge. i kinda wish the forge was better theres hardly any new features.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Loving it too.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Is it that good.

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

Yeah,its an excellent game.343 pulled off a better Halo,best one since CE I think.

BeatMastaFlex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BeatMastaFlex
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

*halo 2

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

iamhags
Assault Rifle is harder to use in a big team match, but for Infinity Slayer it can be a beast. I never found much use with the AR until Halo 4. Still prefer my DMR though.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#24 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
is all 30 of your post the samething? every time i click on halo topic i see " no 1-50 rank system, so no point in playing it"
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts
[QUOTE="iamhags"]

RoslindaleOne
Assault Rifle is harder to use in a big team match, but for Infinity Slayer it can be a beast. I never found much use with the AR until Halo 4. Still prefer my DMR though.

Also you can walk slowly or crouch walk and camo will still work. You're gonna get smoked though in open environments if you just use AR. The great thing about Halo is the diversity of the weapons and how certain weapons are good for specific situation. An AR will tear a BR to shreds at close range. A BR will rape an AR anything more than 10 feet away.
iamhags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 iamhags

Yes, the problem is getting within 10 feet before being killed by the BR or from someone else from another direction, either the side or behind me. Flanking has brought me minimal success; on Big Team Deathmatch, about no success. I would be quite happy if there was a Team Slayer mode with just original Halo weapons.

Yes, and the thing about active camo. Original Halo had it such that running made no difference; you only became visible if you started shooting or took damage, if I am not mistaken. Nostalgia is a terrible thing.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="iamhags"]

CPM_basic

Also you can walk slowly or crouch walk and camo will still work. You're gonna get smoked though in open environments if you just use AR. The great thing about Halo is the diversity of the weapons and how certain weapons are good for specific situation. An AR will tear a BR to shreds at close range. A BR will rape an AR anything more than 10 feet away.

True. I was never a big fan of camo in Reach, and same goes for Halo 4. I'm not patient enough to creep around. :P
CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CPM_basic
[QUOTE="iamhags"]Yes, the problem is getting within 10 feet before being killed by the BR or from someone else from another direction, either the side or behind me. Flanking has brought me minimal success; on Big Team Deathmatch, about no success. I would be quite happy if there was a Team Slayer mode with just original Halo weapons.

t To wholeheartedly honest. The AR is more of a beginners weapon, it takes less skill to use an AR than a BR or DMR. If you want to use the AR, jump in a free for all match with everyone against each other. You'll pick up plenty of kills.
iamhags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iamhags
[QUOTE="CPM_basic"][QUOTE="iamhags"]Yes, the problem is getting within 10 feet before being killed by the BR or from someone else from another direction, either the side or behind me. Flanking has brought me minimal success; on Big Team Deathmatch, about no success. I would be quite happy if there was a Team Slayer mode with just original Halo weapons.

t To wholeheartedly honest. The AR is more of a beginners weapon, it takes less skill to use an AR than a BR or DMR. If you want to use the AR, jump in a free for all match with everyone against each other. You'll pick up plenty of kills.

Sure, you actually have to aim when using the BR as opposed to the AR, but when the BR can kill people across the map, it is incredibly difficult for a person using the AR to get close enough to kill a person using a BR. This problem is compounded by the size of the maps in Big Team Deathmatch. Sure, I shouldn't use the AR then, but isn't that a game design flaw when people are forced to use BRs in order to be successful?
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

I honestly don't even have words for this game.

343 took up one of the biggest gaming franchises in history, and absolutely perfected it. The campaign is magnificent, with smooth gameplay and a suspenseful plot. The music is so damn emotional, and it fits perfectly with the pace of the game.

Multiplayer, ah, multiplayer. Reach's online was good for a while, but was too repetitive for me to enjoy after a year or so of playing. Halo 4 absolutely blows Reach's online out of the water, possibly even Halo 3's.

I haven't had this much fun in a game for years, thank you 343, and all the work you put into this franchise.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
halo 4 its epic masrepiece i love it thanks 343
andmcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 andmcq
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

I wouldnt say it's that good. The SP basically boils down to Cortana ordering MC around alot. "Go here, flick this switch, shoot those Covenant". It's all very predictable. The music isn't up to Halo standards either. Many of the new sounds miss the mark too unfortunately. It is a solid shooter, but nothing people haven't seen before.

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

I agree with the sentiment that Halo 4 just feels like a different game. It feels fresh, vibrant and alive. I havent had this much fun in MP since Halo 3.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts

I wouldnt say it's that good. The SP basically boils down to Cortana ordering MC around alot. "Go here, flick this switch, shoot those Covenant". It's all very predictable. The music isn't up to Halo standards either. Many of the new sounds miss the mark too unfortunately. It is a solid shooter, but nothing people haven't seen before.

andmcq
And here come the haters. The sound design is excellent.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Probably the best campaign since Halo:CE, I had so much fun with it! My only complaint is that it was way too short only about 6 hours on normal mode. They did an AMAZING job with the graphics I was serioously impressed! Oh ya and the sounds? The first time shooting the assault rifle blew me away lol! I actually tried picking up every different weapon just to hear the way they sounded!

Kind of pissed that they added load outs on multiplayer though, I prefered the old way of just finding the weapons on the map.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Yes, the problem is getting within 10 feet before being killed by the BR or from someone else from another direction, either the side or behind me. Flanking has brought me minimal success; on Big Team Deathmatch, about no success. I would be quite happy if there was a Team Slayer mode with just original Halo weapons.

Yes, and the thing about active camo. Original Halo had it such that running made no difference; you only became visible if you started shooting or took damage, if I am not mistaken. Nostalgia is a terrible thing.

iamhags
your doing something wrong like running straight towards them in open? I have been killed plenty times by a auto gun when im shooting down with dmr/br and have hard time when they are close.
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

Ah!-But You are So wrong.

Halo 4 Multiplayer combines all the Best vehicles and weapons from previous Halos.Also throws Great new weapons,Massive maps that look and play Gloriously,and basically has put the fun back into playing Halo Multiplayer.

If you don't have a copy,then you're truly missing out!

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts
post launch then1-50 will come into effect the game is always growing .
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Overall I give it a B+. Great art design, visuals would've been much better with higher AA and 1080p, but they were the most outstanding feature. There were a few headscratching moments in the campaign, the first being "Well, there's Covenant again but we're not really going to explain why." To name a few:

SPOILER ALERT

"The Didact can control the Covenant, neat trick huh? How is not important."

"The Librarian: huh? You did what to Chief? And he couldn't have killed the Didact without it? Seems like he could have just stopped the Didact from getting the Composer and then ripped him a new one."

"Seriously, why does everything have to involve nukes nowadays? And how in the world did he get away again? Why couldn't Cortana, if she had the power in the first place to teleport him out of there, could have sent him someplace a little further from the blast instead of just magically drifting among the wreckage?"

Overall, the campaign is an enjoyable romp. It has some great elements and some others that are just ok. The MP is good, though it has lost a bit of its distinction due to the introduction of loadouts and ordnances. Luckily the ordnances are handled alright, so I don't have too much a gripe about them, but it's a sad effort to mimic CoD. And the interface is still a bit clunky, not quite as fluid or clean as previous Halo titles but it does have all the relevant information you'd be expecting.

malistix1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 malistix1985
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

they did a good job!

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
I really want this game!
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I really only play Halo for the campaign these days, but after playing the first two stages/chapters, I can tell this is going to be the best in the series so far. Shooting seems so precise and fluid, and the visuals are awesome compared to the older entries. Fantastic game so far.

MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

Kind of pissed that they added load outs on multiplayer though, I prefered the old way of just finding the weapons on the map.

Vickman178

I was a bit iffy about the loadouts at first (who doesnt like rushing rockets and the needler for that first easy kill(s)) but I swear this loadout system has really grown on me, besides it kinda makes sense when you think about it. You're a Spartan, you should have a choice as to what weapons you bring into battle.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I think one area they need to improve on for the next game is how they handle the campaign vehicle sections. Halo 4's vehicle missions weren't as good as those found in the Bungie games. 343 can learn a lot from Bungie about how to use vehicles and build missions around them.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Its just another version of Halo Reach. Many people have completed it and gotten the bug that they havnt completed some of the missions. That cant be a masterpiece....
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

I picked up an Xbox 2 days ago just for this game really...I have to say it is amazing. I've only been playing online so far and it's been so much fun playing with my friends back home!

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CPM_basic
I think one area they need to improve on for the next game is how they handle the campaign vehicle sections. Halo 4's vehicle missions weren't as good as those found in the Bungie games. 343 can learn a lot from Bungie about how to use vehicles and build missions around them.x-2tha-z
Thank you someone else agrees with me. Certain vehicle sections in this game are bad and not fun to play. The start of the campaign is good though. The campaign really falls flat on the mission with the giant "elephant" type vehicle with wheels. This elephant is so slow... this vehicle sections need more action. The online is excellent... and the forge features are fantastic. Brings me back to Halo 1, 2 and 3! I'm going to be playing this for years.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Not a big Halo fan, but it does look like a good game.

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

Halo 4 isnt that good....