Summon your Xbox One remotely, and more in May update

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

May update for XOne has arrived folks, allows cross platform voice messaging(360-XOne) and the cool ability to turn on your Xbox One remotely using Smartlgass

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-may-system-update-out-now-adds-voice-mess/1100-6427246/

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

Some good features there, including the voice messages and cross hardware messages.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Garfield360UK: Agreed, Phil Spencer is doing a good job I won't lie.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Voice messages were on my 360s for years.

Actually surprised it took this long to get the feature on my Xbone.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@SolidTy: Better late then never, ;]

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@BattleSpectre: I agree with that. :P

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

@BattleSpectre: Yeah, I agree. The direction looks good at the moment compared to what it was under Don Matrick. That said, I feel the Xbox One had some pretty interesting ideas at launch.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alucard_Prime

Just wanted to mention something regarding the remote On/Off functions of Smartglass. Looks like the Smartglass app has not yet received the update which allows it to take advantage of this function, because I'm not able to do it unless I load the Smartglass beta app(I'm not sure if anyone can access that one or if you have to be on the preview program) so if it's not working for you yet it's normal, I assume the normal Smartglass app will receive the required update shortly. When it does, you have to be on the same Wifi Network as your XOne for this function to work(once connected, click on the XOne icon located on the top right corner of Smartglass, and it will give you the option to turn On/Off the console).

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

What I'm not sure about the power on feature is if you need to be on the same physical network. My Xbox is connected by a physical Ethernet but the phone is wifi. I'm not sure if it will work in that configuration or not.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Alucard_Prime

@busterfriendly: That is the same configuration I have, and it works. The important thing is that you are on the same network, does not matter which connection method each device is using.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BusterFriendly

It's the same logical network. Right now when hit the xbox icon, I just get that there's no xbox found. If I turn it on by voice it show sup.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alucard_Prime

@busterfriendly: Same thing with me, which is what I posted in post#8. My Smartglass only detects my XOne when it is on. It looks like they still need to release the update for Smartglass app so that it can detect your XOne while it is off(Instant On).

Right now this function only works if I load the Smartglass Beta app, which I think is only available for early preview members but I'm not sure.....you can try looking for it in your app store, but I just recommend you wait until the regular Smartglass is updated and then try again....make sure you wait for like 1-2 seconds after clicking on the XOne icon, there is a tiny delay until it detects the XOne is sleep mode. I think this is an unintentional glitch. Anyways once I am able to use regular Smartglass correctly with this new feature, I will update this thread.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Alucard_Prime

@busterfriendly: Smartglass just received a new update, and now you can use the remote On/Off functions. After you click on the Xbox One icon on the top right, you then need to click on the Xbox One device name icon, afterwards you will have the option to turn On/Off the console.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BusterFriendly

Yea, I got the update and now see the turn on option. I just tried it from work, and it looked like it was going to work, but then said I have to be on the same network.