Stallion83 Hits 600k Gamerscore

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

judog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 judog1
Member since 2005 • 24657 Posts

Proof

His personal blog

He reached the feat today. Thoughts?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Is that good? I'm not really into gamerscores.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I'd say good job but I think this is a terrible ambition he's embarked on. What happens when he gets a million gamerscore? Nothing.. It's all so pointless and he could invest his time so much better in doing something more productive but instead he's made it a goal to gather up pointless achievements by grinding out games. I honestly feel kinda bad for him.. he's stuck on this quest now.. to do a meaningless task in which he'll get recognized for about a minute for, and then nobody will care.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

A little too obsessed in my opinion. I love getting achievements and in my opinion they add more hours and fun into games, and I try hard to get all the achievements in games, but I can't imagine buying games I don't wanna play just for the achievements. I mean come on, he is buying games just for the achievements. Crazy idea to me.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#6 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
actually...wwervin has a point I never considered, I like gettng achievements ad all but only in games I get because I might like tem, but after the 1,000,000 there is nothing, at least at this point no perceivable prize or anything else, pursuing a career as a gamerscorer is way past the hobby. .
BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts
tbh I'd feel good about getting full achievements for the best games, not about how high my gamerscore is, i'd rather have 20k gamerscore of games like resident evil 5, oblivion, mass effect 2 etc, instead of 100000 gamerscore of games like avatar (full achievements in 2 minutes) & harry potter and other games that obviously suck.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Playing terrible games and boosting instead of enjoying games.. yay?

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Good job accomplishing something nobody cares about haha.

I agree, I play games to enjoy them not have have "tons of trophies looool."

BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts

this is the 1st ive heard of him... does he pick certain achievements so he can get an even 100k 200k 300k so the he can blog about it??? def a waste of time unless microsoft ends up doing something for him in the end

Otulissa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Otulissa
Member since 2005 • 848 Posts

I suppose he could always end up in the guiness book.

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

There's nothing bad to say about him really...he's good looking, fit, has a hot girlfriend/wife (if that's her in the video)...it just seems like a waste though. But if that is what he likes doing, than why not?

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I suppose he could always end up in the guiness book.

Otulissa

He already is recognized by Guinness as having the World's Highest Gamerscore: http://www.1milliongamerscore.com/2009/05/guinness-world-record.html

And I really don't understand why you guys are hating on him. He has over 1,500 followers on Facebook, over 1,700 followers on Twitter... And have you even looked at his blog? He has a TON of advertisements on his site, ones that he's probably getting a kickback for because people LOVE this guy. I couldn't find how many people follow his blog, but I'm sure it's at least the same number of his Facebook followers. When you're able to get 1,500 people or more to care about what you have to say about something that you really really REALLY enjoy doing, then you can hate on him. Just because achievements aren't your thing doesn't mean what he's doing isn't impressive or something he shouldn't pursue. He will go down as the first person to hit 1 Million, and I don't think people will forget that.

Also... Even though you may have had negative comments about it, his goal still got you to pay attention to what he's doing. End of the day, Stallion83 wins.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Im a 100th of that Gamerscore. My Gamerscore is 6,001 :P

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Funny how everyone says he's wasting his time and could put his time to better use, yet all of you are here on a video game message board wasting time when it could be put to better use. /Thread
Ashatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ashatar
Member since 2011 • 259 Posts

Funny how everyone says he's wasting his time and could put his time to better use, yet all of you are here on a video game message board wasting time when it could be put to better use. /ThreadSpellingiscool

You are totaly right

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

what a terrible addiction

superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts

That is sad

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Jelly people say he's sad. He achieved something amazing, and has a good enough job etc. to be able to afford all those games. I'd say he's doing it right.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#20 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

That is sad

Yeah, he does something he enjoys, makes money off of it, is in much better shape then most people I see, and makes a lot more money than just about everyone here probably does. What a horrible life he must have.
K0NEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 K0NEY
Member since 2011 • 70 Posts

I'd say good job but I think this is a terrible ambition he's embarked on. What happens when he gets a million gamerscore? Nothing.. It's all so pointless and he could invest his time so much better in doing something more productive but instead he's made it a goal to gather up pointless achievements by grinding out games. I honestly feel kinda bad for him.. he's stuck on this quest now.. to do a meaningless task in which he'll get recognized for about a minute for, and then nobody will care.wwervin

Did you ever think maybe he's doing it for himself and not just attention? He's not stuck on snything. If at any point he gets bored or loses the desire he can simply just stop.

SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SilverSignal
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts

Is he still going? Who seriously cares? It's just a number! All it proves is he has way too much spare time on his hands and/or he has more money than sense. Gaming should be a fun hobby, not an unhealthy obsession.

Just imagine him going on a date with a woman and mentioning to her "I have the biggest gamerscore in the world!". The partnership would be finito lol

SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SilverSignal

[QUOTE="wwervin"]I'd say good job but I think this is a terrible ambition he's embarked on. What happens when he gets a million gamerscore? Nothing.. It's all so pointless and he could invest his time so much better in doing something more productive but instead he's made it a goal to gather up pointless achievements by grinding out games. I honestly feel kinda bad for him.. he's stuck on this quest now.. to do a meaningless task in which he'll get recognized for about a minute for, and then nobody will care.K0NEY

Did you ever think maybe he's doing it for himself and not just attention? He's not stuck on snything. If at any point he gets bored or loses the desire he can simply just stop.

That is just rubbish. If he was doing it for himself then why does he have a blog and make such a fuss about it? If I do something "for myself" I don't post about it on the internet hoping for my 15 minutes of fame. Once all this is done and he gets his target gamerscore he'll be forgotten about after 2 days. The internet will move on and he'll realise what a massive waste of time and money this obsession was.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="SilverSignal"]

Is he still going? Who seriously cares? It's just a number! All it proves is he has way too much spare time on his hands and/or he has more money than sense. Gaming should be a fun hobby, not an unhealthy obsession.

Just imagine him going on a date with a woman and mentioning to her "I have the biggest gamerscore in the world!". The partnership would be finito lol

I believe He already has a girlfriend and a pretty atrractive one so, look like he won't have that problem. On topic: I'm personally not into achievement hunting but he has set a goal for himself and that's cool. I'm not going to be a hater and make ignorant statements about the guy just because I wouldn't do it.
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SilverSignal

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"]

FlamesOfGrey

I believe He already has a girlfriend and a pretty atrractive one so, look like he won't have that problem. On topic: I'm personally not into achievement hunting but he has set a goal for himself and that's cool. I'm not going to be a hater and make ignorant statements about the guy just because I wouldn't do it.

It's the fact though that he's obviously not just doing it for himself. If he was he wouldn't have a blog and awful Youtube videos following his "journey".

Once he reaches his goal he's not going to be famous, he's not going to become sort of hero or celebrity. His achievement (no pun intended) is going to be remembered for a few days on the internet and everyone will move on. Once it's done no-one will care. When it's accomplished he'll realise he's wasted a huge amount of money on what it essentially just a number. He gains nothing at the end of all this.

Plus it's something anyone with a tonne of money can do. It doesn't require any skill just lots of spare time.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="SilverSignal"]

SilverSignal

It's the fact though that he's obviously not just doing it for himself. If he was he wouldn't have a blog and awful Youtube videos following his "journey".

Once he reaches his goal he's not going to be famous, he's not going to become sort of hero or celebrity. His achievement (no pun intended) is going to be remembered for a few days on the internet and everyone will move on. Once it's done no-one will care. When it's accomplished he'll realise he's wasted a huge amount of money on what it essentially just a number. He gains nothing at the end of all this.

Plus it's something anyone with a tonne of money can do. It doesn't require any skill just lots of spare time.

Okay, who cares if he wants 15 minutes of fame. I doubt he thinks he's going to be this amazingly big star because he has the highest Xbox 360 achievements score. He will be known in the gaming community but that's it . First and foremost I believe he is doing it for himself whether he is sharing it or not. IMO The majority of people who do these type of things soley for other people to recognize never stick with it and usually get burned out half way through. Some people do actually enjoy following such things such as a person's collection or achievement hunting progress.

Of course, people with alot of money can do it. I own over 400 retail 360 games myself but I don't have the desire to put that much effort into something that doesn't interest me. Also, there are ALOT of achievements that require skill especially the online multiplayer ones. I'm sure with a score like that he's played some crappy games but by the same token those type of games won't get you that type of score. He has to play the tough games also.

In the end it's HIS time and HIS money and there's no reason to hate on him because you or I wouldn't do it.

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spellingiscool

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="SilverSignal"]

SilverSignal

Ok and? What's your point?
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Good for him. I hope he reaches his goal so he can move on.

guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

600K??? :o, did he buy all games for the Xbox 360 and 1000G all of them?

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wwervin

Funny how everyone says he's wasting his time and could put his time to better use, yet all of you are here on a video game message board wasting time when it could be put to better use. /ThreadSpellingiscool

Yes, because getting on GS once in a while to look at video game news or to discuss topics is the equivelant of spending all day grinding out terrible games just for their achievements. We sure are wasting 10-30 minutes a day on this website! :roll: My time is put to better use. I go to college and will earn a degree and I have a job that pays pretty well. I'll likely have a much better job once I graduate, I'll be able to move out and do what I like. My life has adventures waiting for me. What does this guy have? He has nothing but grinding ahead of him. And it's not like he can just wake up one day and say "screw it.. I don't feel like doing this anymore." He has too many people to let down. He's stuck in the grind. I feel bad for him if you ask me. I would never put myself through something like that.

But what do I know.. apparently myself and all these other GSers are "wasting time" by discussing this right? Right..

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"]Funny how everyone says he's wasting his time and could put his time to better use, yet all of you are here on a video game message board wasting time when it could be put to better use. /Threadwwervin

Yes, because getting on GS once in a while to look at video game news or to discuss topics is the equivelant of spending all day grinding out terrible games just for their achievements. We sure are wasting 10-30 minutes a day on this website! :roll: My time is put to better use. I go to college and will earn a degree and I have a job that pays pretty well. I'll likely have a much better job once I graduate, I'll be able to move out and do what I like. My life has adventures waiting for me. What does this guy have? He has nothing but grinding ahead of him. And it's not like he can just wake up one day and say "screw it.. I don't feel like doing this anymore." He has too many people to let down. He's stuck in the grind. I feel bad for him if you ask me. I would never put myself through something like that.

But what do I know.. apparently myself and all these other GSers are "wasting time" by discussing this right? Right..

Sweet, I'm glad you know everything about the guy. How do you know what he has ahead for him? If you actually read his blog you'd know he has all the normal things like a job, girlfriend and even work outs. He's not a shut in hermit gamer who just plays games for achievements. You guys need to act like adults and stop being so ignorant and judgmental of someone you don't actually know.

Guess what there are many people who believe posting on gaming forums or just forums in general is a "waste of time". You have over 9,000 posts so one of those people could easily say you've waste valuable time posting a forum whether you spent hours on here or just 30 minutes a day. When you don't know someones personal life and judge them based on something trivial, that just might happen That would be ignorant of them now wouldn't it?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zevvion
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

I'm interested to know more about the guy. If he did this, it's pretty easy to call lazy ass on him obviously (which by the way, people seem hesitant to do because he can do... what... 5 push ups? LOL, strange logic). But that might not be accurate. So, I'd like to know what job he has and more importantly, other hobbies.

Either way, pretty impressive.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
gamerscores are a bit noobish now tbh. There's the occasional achievement that's hard to get but it really is why the online multiplayer for games has horrible kids tbh.
K0NEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 K0NEY

[QUOTE="K0NEY"]

[QUOTE="wwervin"]I'd say good job but I think this is a terrible ambition he's embarked on. What happens when he gets a million gamerscore? Nothing.. It's all so pointless and he could invest his time so much better in doing something more productive but instead he's made it a goal to gather up pointless achievements by grinding out games. I honestly feel kinda bad for him.. he's stuck on this quest now.. to do a meaningless task in which he'll get recognized for about a minute for, and then nobody will care.SilverSignal

That is just rubbish. If he was doing it for himself then why does he have a blog and make such a fuss about it? If I do something "for myself" I don't post about it on the internet hoping for my 15 minutes of fame. Once all this is done and he gets his target gamerscore he'll be forgotten about after 2 days. The internet will move on and he'll realise what a massive waste of time and money this obsession was.

..because if people care enough to track your progress why not capitalize on it?

You insult the guy yet clearly know nothing about him. Bet you feel good about yourself huh?

K0NEY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 K0NEY

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"]Funny how everyone says he's wasting his time and could put his time to better use, yet all of you are here on a video game message board wasting time when it could be put to better use. /Threadwwervin

lmao pure ignorance at it's fullest. He's probably more successful than you but whatever, assume he's some 30 year old fat nerd living in his moms basement with nothing to do.

The world really is full of haters. Jealousy is a female's trait..man up.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 doubalfa

[QUOTE="wwervin"]

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"]Funny how everyone says he's wasting his time and could put his time to better use, yet all of you are here on a video game message board wasting time when it could be put to better use. /ThreadK0NEY

lmao pure ignorance at it's fullest. He's probably more successful than you but whatever, assume he's some 30 year old fat nerd living in his moms basement with nothing to do.

I am beyond certain that isn ot jealousy talking, is just statin an opinion and point of view, that's it, I share somewhat his point of view, but I don't hate the guy or have any issues with him I'm just wondering what this goal could leave you in the end, where he is at 1,000,000 what's next he made up a name in the community for his pursuit on this goal, but next will he go for 2,000,000? will he stop it? will he be the only one that wants to pursue this goal? In the end what he does doesn't affect me or you or wwervin, we are only sharing opinions on a topic posted by someone else.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="doubalfa"][QUOTE="K0NEY"]

[QUOTE="wwervin"]

I am beyond certain that isn ot jealousy talking, is just statin an opinion and point of view, that's it, I share somewhat his point of view, but I don't hate the guy or have any issues with him I'm just wondering what this goal could leave you in the end, where he is at 1,000,000 what's next he made up a name in the community for his pursuit on this goal, but next will he go for 2,000,000? will he stop it? will he be the only one that wants to pursue this goal? In the end what he does doesn't affect me or you or wwervin, we are only sharing opinions on a topic posted by someone else.

Did you read what wwervin said going off about college and adventures in life? Come on now, he's acting like this guy is a 40 year old virgin gamer sitting in his parents basement. He's talking as if he knows this dude, when the only thing he actually knows is that the guy is going for a 1 Million gamerscore. It's obvious he hasn't even read the guys blog and is just being negative and ignorant..
Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zevvion

Wait, how exactly do you know he has no succesful job and you'll get a better one? How do you know your life is better than his? I really wonder. It's like you think gaming allot makes anything else impossible.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 doubalfa
yeah I read that I was just stating on his first post on the thread, but he just said that he only has grinding ahead of him, I just said that his post didn't sound like jealousy just something uncomprehemsive to his life style. .
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 wwervin

[QUOTE="wwervin"]

[QUOTE="Spellingiscool"]Funny how everyone says he's wasting his time and could put his time to better use, yet all of you are here on a video game message board wasting time when it could be put to better use. /ThreadFlamesOfGrey

Sweet, I'm glad you know everything about the guy. How do you know what he has ahead for him? If you actually read his blog you'd know he has all the normal things like a job, girlfriend and even work outs. He's not a shut in hermit gamer who just plays games for achievements. You guys need to act like adults and stop being so ignorant and judgmental of someone you don't actually know.

Guess what there are many people who believe posting on gaming forums or just forums in general is a "waste of time". You have over 9,000 posts so one of those people could easily say you've waste valuable time posting a forum whether you spent hours on here or just 30 minutes a day. When you don't know someones personal life and judge them based on something trivial, that just might happen That would be ignorant of them now wouldn't it?

lol couple of points here.

1. I never claimed I knew everything about him. But to have 600,000 gamerscore means you have had to play a LOT of games. If he's only playing games he actually likes and enjoys that's fine, but he is playing a lot of bad games and grinding through achievements just to have them. To me there's nothing fun about that. I don't claim to know him that well but I'm pretty sure he isn't having fun 24/7 while doing this.

2. I absolutely LOVE how everyone keeps mentioning that he has a girlfriend and works out. That's very nice for him. I work out as well. I just got out of a relationship but I'm sure I could find another one soon. What does that have to do with anything? Everyone acts like him working out is such a big accomplishment. I also noticed in the Youtube video he showed constant clips of himself working out. What was the point of that? To show us that he's not a fat slob? Well done.. you've really accomplished a lot in life with that one.

3. I actually read an article they did on him a couple of years ago where he first mentioned he wanted to get 1,000,000 gamerscore and among other things, he mentioned that he often plays a lot of games he finds difficult and not fun. He also mentioned that he has trouble with the guitar hero games because they're hard, but he continues to play them. To me that doesn't sound very fun to have to play a game you don't enjoy just for the achievements.

3. I've been a member of GS since 2003. Having 9,000 posts is not a big accomplishment. There are people on this website that have been here since 2006 and have easily 4 times the amount of posts I have. It doesn't mean I'm wasting my time if you space it out accordingly.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zevvion

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

[QUOTE="wwervin"]

wwervin

1. I never claimed I knew everything about him. But to have 600,000 gamerscore means you have had to play a LOT of games. If he's only playing games he actually likes and enjoys that's fine, but he is playing a lot of bad games and grinding through achievements just to have them. To me there's nothing fun about that. I don't claim to know him that well but I'm pretty sure he isn't having fun 24/7 while doing this.

2. I absolutely LOVE how everyone keeps mentioning that he has a girlfriend and works out. That's very nice for him. I work out as well. I just got out of a relationship but I'm sure I could find another one soon. What does that have to do with anything? Everyone acts like him working out is such a big accomplishment. I also noticed in the Youtube video he showed constant clips of himself working out. What was the point of that? To show us that he's not a fat slob? Well done.. you've really accomplished a lot in life with that one.

3. I actually read an article they did on him a couple of years ago where he first mentioned he wanted to get 1,000,000 gamerscore and among other things, he mentioned that he often plays a lot of games he finds difficult and not fun. He also mentioned that he has trouble with the guitar hero games because they're hard, but he continues to play them. To me that doesn't sound very fun to have to play a game you don't enjoy just for the achievements.

3. I've been a member of GS since 2003. Having 9,000 posts is not a big accomplishment. There are people on this website that have been here since 2006 and have easily 4 times the amount of posts I have. It doesn't mean I'm wasting my time if you space it out accordingly.

1. Not to be an ass, but I'm pretty sure you're not having fun all the time with your education. Most useful educations suck at some point and at some times. Also, if you do any type of competitive sport you'd know that isn't fun all the time either. Basically, anything that's worth something, isn't always fun to do.

2. Agree with you on that. I don't get what's so special about being able to do five push ups either. If anything he looked out of shape based on his posture, form and composure. That said, I do think all that stuff in between with him training for earning achievements was more meant to be funny than anything else. It looked that way to me anyway. Pretty obvious from the raw egg drinking that was introduced in Rocky movies. It's just a funny reference. Everyone should know by now that **** doesn't work for crap and does more harm than good. So, I'm pretty sure it was meant to be funny.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wwervin

Koney, how is this ignorance? I'm stating my opinion. And how would you know that he's probably more successful than I am? Where does it say he has a job? From what I understand he plays video games all day. How can he even afford all these games he's playing? I've read that he has a lot of money in the family so that's what sustains it. To me that's not being successful, that's being a sponge and just sucking things up while contributing nothing.

And no, it's not jealousy. I'm pretty certain I'm not jealous of having an uber-gamerscore. To me that's not anything special.

FlamesOfGrey, I never claimed to know him. I never said he was a 40-something guy in his parents' basement. All I said was that this whole thing was kind of pointless. Everything "negative" that you perceived is coming from within your own imagination. As for mentioning that I'm graduating college and doing things with my life. Yes, I am. I have a real life goal to attain, not to sit around playing video games all day. To me the goal he's chosen is kind of meaningless.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="wwervin"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

[QUOTE="wwervin"]

I mentioned such things about him because your tone is very NEGATIVE. Your tone makes it seem like you think he's a shut in gamer who does nothing but plays games and doesn't have any other aspect of life. You actually read up on him? Good then I definitely don't see why you are being so negative. If he wants to set this kind of goal for himself and "grind" through it then what's the problem? There shouldn't be one. What next for him in life? I don't know and neither do you. His "grinding" could be just an hour or two a day. He could decide to quit achievement hunting tomorrow and still feel proud that he accomplished that much of his goal. It doesn't matter how long you've been a member of this site. Someone who thinks posting on a forum is a waste of time wouldn't care how long you've been a member was my point. All they would care about is your big post count number.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wwervin
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="wwervin"]

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]

I mentioned such things about him because your tone is very NEGATIVE. Your tone makes it seem like you think he's a shut in gamer who does nothing but plays games and doesn't have any other aspect of life. You actually read up on him? Good then I definitely don't see why you are being so negative. If he wants to set this kind of goal for himself and "grind" through it then what's the problem? There shouldn't be one. What next for him in life? I don't know and neither do you. His "grinding" could be just an hour or two a day. He could decide to quit achievement hunting tomorrow and still feel proud that he accomplished that much of his goal. It doesn't matter how long you've been a member of this site. Someone who thinks posting on a forum is a waste of time wouldn't care how long you've been a member was my point. All they would care about is your big post count number.

Actually I'm not trying to bash the guy. I've said many times that I feel bad for him. This is all my opinion though and I find it hilarious that you're taking it all so personally. Sorry to have an opinion there captain. Also, you've been a member since 2009 and have a third of the posts I have. That ratio to me means that you post a LOT more than I do. Guess you're wasting your time much more than I am.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="wwervin"]

wwervin

Actually I'm not trying to bash the guy. I've said many times that I feel bad for him. This is all my opinion though and I find it hilarious that you're taking it all so personally. Sorry to have an opinion there captain. Also, you've been a member since 2009 and have a third of the posts I have. That ratio to me means that you post a LOT more than I do. Guess you're wasting your time much more than I am.

Yes, yes, you feel bad for a guy who doesn't need anyone to feel bad for him. I got it dude. Yeah, I take what in my opinion I believe to be ignorance strongly. Opinion can be challenged if one feels the need to do so. Looks like we aren't going to get anywhere since neither of us will give an inch on our opinions.

If I thought posting on forums was a waste of time, you'd be right but I don't considering I am doing it right now and do it fairly often. I was speaking hypothetically.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wwervin

[QUOTE="wwervin"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I mentioned such things about him because your tone is very NEGATIVE. Your tone makes it seem like you think he's a shut in gamer who does nothing but plays games and doesn't have any other aspect of life. You actually read up on him? Good then I definitely don't see why you are being so negative. If he wants to set this kind of goal for himself and "grind" through it then what's the problem? There shouldn't be one. What next for him in life? I don't know and neither do you. His "grinding" could be just an hour or two a day. He could decide to quit achievement hunting tomorrow and still feel proud that he accomplished that much of his goal. It doesn't matter how long you've been a member of this site. Someone who thinks posting on a forum is a waste of time wouldn't care how long you've been a member was my point. All they would care about is your big post count number. FlamesOfGrey

Yes, yes, you feel bad for a guy who doesn't need anyone to feel bad for him. I got it dude. Yeah, I take what in my opinion I believe to be ignorance strongly. Opinion can be challenged if one feels the need to do so. Looks like we aren't going to get anywhere since neither of us will give an inch on our opinions.

If I thought posting on forums was a waste of time, you'd be right but I don't considering I am doing it right now and do it fairly often. I was speaking hypothetically.

lol well there you go then. Discussion over. Good day.
Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Spellingiscool

To answer your last question, yes, yes it is a waste of time. Oh wow you're pulling the college card! Congratulations. Go ahead an continue to stroke your ego and make yourself look better than this guy playing all these games. And sorry, getting a degree doesn't guarantee you a better job.
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SilverSignal

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"][QUOTE="K0NEY"]

K0NEY

..because if people care enough to track your progress why not capitalize on it?

You insult the guy yet clearly know nothing about him. Bet you feel good about yourself huh?

Yep, I do feel good about myself. At least I haven't turned a hobby into a mindless chore in the pursuit of something that will be quickly forgotten about after it's done.

You may all love worshipping him now and enjoy feeding his ego but remember this: once it's all done, it is done. All that time and money for basically nothing. If I was going to put this much effort and money into something it would something people would remember me for. Not something to be quickly forgotten about.

I have a good idea actually. Once he reaches his goal he could donate all the games he bought for the purpose to various charities. I'd be willing to worship him then but he won't do that will he?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zevvion

[QUOTE="K0NEY"]

[QUOTE="SilverSignal"] That is just rubbish. If he was doing it for himself then why does he have a blog and make such a fuss about it? If I do something "for myself" I don't post about it on the internet hoping for my 15 minutes of fame. Once all this is done and he gets his target gamerscore he'll be forgotten about after 2 days. The internet will move on and he'll realise what a massive waste of time and money this obsession was.SilverSignal

Yep, I do feel good about myself. At least I haven't turned a hobby into a mindless chore in the pursuit of something that will be quickly forgotten about after it's done.

You may all love worshipping him now and enjoy feeding his ego but remember this: once it's all done, it is done. All that time and money for basically nothing. If I was going to put this much effort and money into something it would something people would remember me for. Not something to be quickly forgotten about.

I have a good idea actually. Once he reaches his goal he could donate all the games he bought for the purpose to various charities. I'd be willing to worship him then but he won't do that will he?

I have to disagree. Being remembered by your actions doesn't make them worthwhile because of it. That works the other way around too. Just because you won't be remembered for whatever you did, doesn't mean they weren't worthwhile. What if he likes gaming? What if he likes it most of the time? What if he likes getting achievements? If that's the case I really don't see why any of it should matter whether it will be remembered or not. I like training for example. I won't ever be as good as professionals or even semi-professionals. No one will remember me for it. I'm still having the time of my life and wouldn't give it up for anything. It's not my thing either, but if this is his thing, that's good for him.