Shadowrun or The Darkness

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamekingpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#51 gamekingpin
Member since 2007 • 335 Posts
I dont think that you can really compair the two. They serve two different purposes, Shadowrun is for multiplayer fanatics and has no real single player story mode. Darkness has a fabulous single player storymode but the multiplayer is just there as sort of an extra. I have both I play Darkeness for the story mode and if I want to play some multiplayer I just pop in the Shadowrun.
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#52 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
If you pick Shadowrun over The Darkness then I am going to make an appointment with a therapist and tell them I just don't understand the world anymore.
djord02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#53 djord02
Member since 2003 • 1495 Posts

If you pick Shadowrun over The Darkness then I am going to make an appointment with a therapist and tell them I just don't understand the world anymore.Ryo_Kensen

Lol, people are allowed to like Shadowrun - I do, and I thought I would hate it. I look forward to playing The Darkness, but I imagine after beating it, I would get bored and go back to Shadowrun's multi-player -- at least until Halo 3, Bioshock, Mass Effect, etc. come out.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
Anyone who thinks smartlink makes you unstoppable sucks at shadowrun.....period. With that said, I think both games are great in their own right. If you're really into online gaming shadowrun is a must buy imo (best online experience to date for the 360). If you prefer single player games get the darkness(mp is fun but is not on the same level as shadowrun). It's really that simple.
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 madskills6117

If you pick Shadowrun over The Darkness then I am going to make an appointment with a therapist and tell them I just don't understand the world anymore.Ryo_Kensen

you may want to set up that appointment because some people have already stated that they think shadowrun is better.

firemanx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 firemanx23
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
most of you people that are bashing the darkness have never played it. The multiplayer for that game is really fun and has even more game modes than Shadowrun which only has 2 really the only problem with it is lag. The single player has a great story and if you do all the side missions it can last a pretty long time. You can even sit and watch a full length movie in the game. The achievements take a lot less time to get than Shadowruns' because i have both games and i would know. Shadowrun had a lot of upside and only like 2 game modes and 9 boring maps. The darkness is a better game hands down. If they release a patch for the mutliplayer it will be even more fun than Shadowrun's multiplayer.
madden118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 madden118
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts

get The Darkness!!

asmodeus_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 asmodeus_z
Member since 2004 • 442 Posts
I'll get both. Shadowrun for MP and Darkness for SP - If only the Darkness wasn't banned in my country. :roll:
napalm44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 napalm44
Member since 2004 • 143 Posts

honestly...did anyone have the multiplayer of the darkness in mind when buying the game, becausei sure as hell didnt. Single player FTW.

Hott-FuzZ

haha, yeah exactly...I thought the darkness - kick ass single-player all the way...multi-player wasn't even in my decision... imeen come on, starbreeze - riddick; i knew i was in for a hell of a single-player **** yeah

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 madskills6117
[QUOTE="Hott-FuzZ"]

honestly...did anyone have the multiplayer of the darkness in mind when buying the game, becausei sure as hell didnt. Single player FTW.

napalm44

haha, yeah exactly...I thought the darkness - kick ass single-player all the way...multi-player wasn't even in my decision... imeen come on, starbreeze - riddick; i knew i was in for a hell of a single-player **** yeah

They couldn't have because there was hardlyany MP details leading up to the release.

firemanx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 firemanx23
Shadowrun Fails at what it was trying to do. It was supposed to be the most complete multiplayer game on the 360 and yet it only has 2 game modes and 9 maps which are badly designed. The Darkness was supposed to be a great single player experience with a great story and it exceeded expectations. The multiplayer was just supposed to be an added bonus, the developers didn't even have to add it to the game. Shadowrun has no single player at all even though many previews said that it would have a campaign. If you want to play Shadowrun and save your money, you should just stick with the demo because that is basically what you are getting plus a couple of new characters weapons and maps. I was very dissapointed in shadowrun. I still have the game, but i havent played it in a couple of weeks. The only reason i will even play it is for the achievements and not for fun because playing different versions of the same map and game mode gets old really quick.
Brickz187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Brickz187
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts
i tried to play shadowrun and it didnt really appeal to me it was ok for the moment i played it but nothing to special...i have the darkness and so far its a great game..graphics are amazing i like the controls the single player owns...the multiplayer is good except the damn lag if they send a patch to fix the lag then the game would have no problem in my eyes
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts

^^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "top notch" game. What does that make Shadowrun then???

And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.

ColoradoKindBud
You belive everythin you read? Make judgements yourself man instead of having people's opinions influence what you think such as the reviews.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]

^^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "top notch" game. What does that make Shadowrun then???

And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.

chester706

You belive everythin you read? Make judgements yourself man instead of having people's opinions influence what you think such as the reviews.

If you would have checked my gamertag you would have seen that I have both games so I did make my own judgement. I posted the review scores to prove a point, I didn't need a reveiw to tell me that Shadowrun sucked.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

it actually takes a lot of skill to be good at shadowrun nowadays. what i like about the community is that the players are pretty committed to the game, and players are getting better and better. there isn't so much skill like in your average shooter, since there is no real focus on aiming (the aim is very forgiving, making PC and X360 players have a even playing field).

but that is what i find good about the game. games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo, Unreal Tournament... they are basically the same thing in terms of shooting mechanics... only differentiating in pace of speed. Shadowrun's magic/tech makes it so you have have to think about how you will fight your opponent. i usually play an elf (i was a dwarf player before... but it didn't suit my style of playing), and the way i would fight two different races like the troll and dwarf are completely different:

i need to get in close with the troll and slice him with a katana before he can fire off his rounds on me. anything other than a surprise attack will get you killed since trolls have high health and harden. with dwarves... i need to fire from medium range and constantly move. if i stay in close, he will suck any essence i need to teleport away if i take too much damage.

these player differences (race, class, or anything similar) do not play as big of a role in other FPS games. its not like people take into consideration the enemies class when you play CoD3 or DoD:S. these classes differentiate in their guns for the most part... so as long as you don't get hit, those differences become irrelevant.

Shadowrun truly does have the best use of classes/races in an FPS game. i can't think of another game that has three level of differences that affect the game (race, weapons, and magic/tech).

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#68 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Both great games. Thoguh Shadowrun only for a great multiplayer and The Darkness only for Single Player. The online for The Darkness is almost unplayable, horrible lag in almost all games.
BlazinDj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BlazinDj
Member since 2006 • 55 Posts
the darkness all the way shadowrun cant touch that game
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

ColoradoKindBud

Read the reviews though. Shadowrun lost a lot of points for its "value". If you don't have a problem with the sheer quantity of maps, I would assume it is actually the better game for a longevity (and in my case, enjoyment) perspective simply because The Darkness seems so been there, done that to me.

ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts
[QUOTE="outbreak201"]

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "quality game". And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.ColoradoKindBud

hey man dont cry to me that u bought and wasted ur money on overlord, the darkness, DiRt, and Tenchu Z ...LMAO!!!!

Who's crying? I make really good $ & buy 90% of all 360 titles that come out. Don't know what you're talking about.

Uhhh, I have a bunch of 360 games also. Does that mean I make a lot of money? As for the ShadowRun rating, if that's what you based your purchase on (The Darkness; DiRT), then I'm afraid you'll never find a good game again. Since, ShadowRun is one of the most addicting games, by the way, how's the lag on The Darkness, you still enjoying it?

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#72 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
It pains me to say it, but Shadowrun.
DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 DoomHawk92
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts

The Darkness all the way. Shadowrun is a shallow online slop-fest.ColoradoKindBud

I think you should stop posting on threads that have "Shadowrun" in their title. Because all you do is say how bad of a game Shadowrun is, and get into arguments with numerous people. Do you enjoy arguing about video games?

SpartaVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SpartaVII
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
The bottomline is that the Darkness has a great sinle player and bad online. Shadowrun has a great multiplayer. You should choose what you want.
sniper0303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 sniper0303
get DiRT thats a great game
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Get Shadowrun. It's the best online shooter on 360, and I like it more than Halo 2.

The Darkness is a great single player game, but it only lasts about 7 hours, and the multiplayer is nothing to write home about.

Shadowrun will last you a lot longer.

Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Solid_Snake1221
Member since 2004 • 8658 Posts
The Darkness
club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts

Get Shadowrun. It's the best online shooter on 360, and I like it more than Halo 2.

The Darkness is a great single player game, but it only lasts about 7 hours, and the multiplayer is nothing to write home about.

Shadowrun will last you a lot longer.

BioShockOwnz
not if your XBLG expires
agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts
I would go with the Darkness
Avatar image for AllSystemsRocks
AllSystemsRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 AllSystemsRocks
Member since 2005 • 1079 Posts
the darkness
WMDfreeman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 WMDfreeman99
Member since 2007 • 1874 Posts
shadowrun dude all the way cause the multiplayer is great
nimmow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#82 nimmow
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts
The Darkness. I love the powers you get in that game and it's one of the most unique FPS I've played. Shadowrun on the otherhand I can't seem to get into an online match. Maybe I have to wait longer than 10 minutes or maybe no one is playing whenever I try.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
shadowrunMwright68
FTW!!!!!!!!!
zombiejonny

Forum Posts