Shadowrun or The Darkness

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EskimoJoe33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 EskimoJoe33
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
I've played Shadowrun and its good but I want to get more achievements for it and The Darkness looks great so idk..wht do u guys think?
Youngkillah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Youngkillah
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts
i'd go with The Darkness
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
darkness.
Mwright68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mwright68
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts
shadowrun
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
The Darkness all the way. Shadowrun is a shallow online slop-fest.
LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#6 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts
The Darkness all the way. Shadowrun is a shallow online slop-fest.ColoradoKindBud
Your a shallow online slop-fest... Shadowrun is the best multiplayer game since CS1.6.
EA_GUY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 EA_GUY
Member since 2006 • 1280 Posts

Shadowrun

bass_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bass_11
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts
darkness
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ColoradoKindBud

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]The Darkness all the way. Shadowrun is a shallow online slop-fest.LouieV13
Your a shallow online slop-fest... Shadowrun is the best multiplayer game since CS1.6.

ROFL :lol: Yeah, let me equip this cool upgrade that allows me to fire into a crowd without aiming and only hit opposing team members & not my own. Like I said, slop-fest.

ATLReppa770

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ATLReppa770
Member since 2005 • 4208 Posts

[QUOTE="LouieV13"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]The Darkness all the way. Shadowrun is a shallow online slop-fest.ColoradoKindBud

ROFL :lol: Yeah, let me equip this cool upgrade that allows me to fire into a crowd without aiming and only hit opposing team members & not my own. Like I said, slop-fest.

Or you could turn into a Darkling and just jump around everywhere, slapping people in the face. ShadowRun is one of the best multi-player game. ShadowRun is an overall better game than The Darkness. As you can tell, not many people play The Darkness, not because it's a new game, because they know it's just not one of those top-notch games. By the way, people that shoot at their own team by teleporting in the middle of fire, either don't know how to aim (even w/ SmartLink Active - Auto-Aim) or they just suck, I'm guessing you're the last one.

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
shadowrun dude u wont regret it....all the darkness is...is that its eye candy with no gameplay and it looked like the developers slopped on the multiplayer like 5 days before it came out
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ColoradoKindBud

^^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "top notch" game. What does that make Shadowrun then???

And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.

outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts

^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "quality game". And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.ColoradoKindBud

hey man dont cry to me that u bought and wasted ur money on overlord, the darkness, DiRt, and Tenchu Z ...LMAO!!!!

ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ColoradoKindBud

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "quality game". And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.outbreak201

hey man dont cry to me that u bought and wasted ur money on overlord, the darkness, DiRt, and Tenchu Z ...LMAO!!!!

Who's crying? I make really good $ & buy 90% of all 360 titles that come out. Don't know what you're talking about.

Super-Trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Super-Trooper
Member since 2004 • 1591 Posts

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "quality game". And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.outbreak201

Dont be such an ass Overlord, The Darkness, and Dirt are all great games - what the hell is your problem?
rwoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 rwoot
Member since 2002 • 356 Posts
I have only played the Shadowrun demo, but since I am an old man (34) I actually played the PNP and SNES and Sega Genesis games and thus know that that Counter Strike wannabe is a serious waste of intellectual property. The Darkness looks to at least have some intriguing story elements and decent gameplay. Shadowrun is like a overpriced Counter Strike mod IMO.
whizeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 whizeguy
Member since 2003 • 688 Posts
Well, Shadowrun if you just want a pretty good multiplayer game and The Darkness if singleplayer is more what you are looking for right now.
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ColoradoKindBud
[QUOTE="outbreak201"]

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "quality game". And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.Super-Trooper

Dont be such an ass Overlord, The Darkness, and Dirt are all great games - what the hell is your problem?

Yes, they are good games. And although Tenchu wasn't that great graphically, I still logged around 40 hours into it because it was fun to play. And the only reason the guy is flaming me is because I made a valid point about Shadowrun that he couldn't dispute without resulting to insults. It's no biggie.

Super-Trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Super-Trooper
Member since 2004 • 1591 Posts

Erm... So as you afford more tech and magic you play better? Really who would have thought...
Honestly, the game doesn't take much skill to play.

rwoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rwoot
Member since 2002 • 356 Posts
[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"][QUOTE="Super-Trooper"][QUOTE="outbreak201"]

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "quality game". And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.THETRUEDOZAH

Yes, they are good games. And although Tenchu wasn't that great graphically, I still logged around 40 hours into it because it was fun to play. And the only reason the guy is flaming me is because I made a valid point about Shadowrun that he couldn't dispute without resulting to insults. It's no biggie.

If you think Shadowrun takes no skill, you are a fool. There is no more hardcore experience on Live right now. The amount of things you need to keep track of while playing that game puts it head and shoulders above every other multiplayer shooter, no question. I have all the proof I need in the fact that everytime I play a match, I always start out merely average, but by the time I've outfitted myself with all my tech and magic, I take first in just about every game. There isn't a game that requires MORE skill out on 360 right now.

How does you taking first every game prove it takes skill to play this game exactly?

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
shadowrun is a GREAT online game. darkness is great single player and bad online..
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
I would go The Darkness and download the Shadowrun demo
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
Still waiting for the darkness demo .... slow sob's
Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
I vote for The Darkness as well. Shadowrun is a horrible game, what kind of morons that create a game without a storyline? Makes no sense.
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ColoradoKindBud
[QUOTE="rwoot"][QUOTE="THETRUEDOZAH"][QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"][QUOTE="Super-Trooper"][QUOTE="outbreak201"]

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]^Let's see. Shadowrun scored a 6.9, The Darkness scored an 8.5 so please don't talk to me about The Darkness not being a "quality game". And I guess I'm supposed to be offended because you insinuated that I suck at Shadowrun but I'm not, because it's impossible to suck at Shadowrun, it basically requires no skill whatsoever. A brain-defected monkey couldn't suck at Shadowrun.THETRUEDOZAH

If you think Shadowrun takes no skill, you are a fool. There is no more hardcore experience on Live right now. The amount of things you need to keep track of while playing that game puts it head and shoulders above every other multiplayer shooter, no question. I have all the proof I need in the fact that everytime I play a match, I always start out merely average, but by the time I've outfitted myself with all my tech and magic, I take first in just about every game. There isn't a game that requires MORE skill out on 360 right now.

How does you taking first every game prove it takes skill to play this game exactly?

It just proves it's more than just a FPS. Once you throw in gliders, teleport, resurrection, ect. there's alot more to account for than in any other FPS. idk, i'm probably gonna be put in jail later today so I can't really be bothered to think about this too much right now. If this thread is still active and i'm not incarcerated i'll try to explain my thoughts better, cause they are pretty much scattered to the wind currently.

And you just proved my point for me. You could be the best FPS player in the world with absolute Yoda skills but if someone elsehas equipped kit that negates what you have, you'll get creamed every time. Meaning it's not skill based at all, it's rock/paper/scissors. And I love how everyone either plays as Elves with Katanas, (which the devs have outright admitted is the n00b combo in the game because they are so easy to play), & everyone else chooses the tech that aims for them & allows them to fire into crowds without fear of hitting their own teammates. Again, no skill involved.

And as far as features, the game has no stat tracking of any kind, which is criminal in an online only FPS, only a small amount of maps & even smaller amount of weapons.

I'm glad you like the game & everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I think a lot of people defend this game more than they would any other because it's online only & if others stop playing it, you're stuck with a $60 coaster.

gearsofhalo3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gearsofhalo3
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Darkness -hands down
TheLuxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheLuxan
Member since 2005 • 124 Posts

I had shadowrun for about 3 weeks. It was great fun I got a 100 kills on dwarves and elves. Teleported 100 times played all the maps casted all the magic and it was great. Not anymore the fun has dried completely out and I traded it in for The Darkness a couple days ago. I would suggest getting the darkness it's really fun, great innovative gameplay.

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]The Darkness all the way. Shadowrun is a shallow online slop-fest.LouieV13

hopefully your kidding but maybe its what you like i thought it was ok not amazing though somewhat fun

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
If they release a patch soon that fixes the Darkness multiplayer then it will eclipse Shadowrun cause the average multiplayer in Shadowrun isn't enough to warrant its $60 price tag.
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
Shadowrun because it has great online and endless replayability. Darkness looks fun but the online stinks and there is little reason to do the SP again.
Hott-FuzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hott-FuzZ
Member since 2007 • 732 Posts

honestly...did anyone have the multiplayer of the darkness in mind when buying the game, becausei sure as hell didnt. Single player FTW.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
Darkness.
tyler2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tyler2010
Member since 2005 • 3384 Posts
The Darkness
BPfail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BPfail
Member since 2005 • 284 Posts
shut up and get the darkness, amen
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts
THE DARKNESS :)
HeirofSparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 HeirofSparda
Member since 2006 • 2458 Posts

Shadowrun because it has great online and endless replayability. Darkness looks fun but the online stinks and there is little reason to do the SP again.capthavic

Uhhhh you just said you haven't even played online for The Darkness yet...so why are you even posting here?

The Darkness all the way.

ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts

The Darkness

kintzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kintzer
Member since 2003 • 806 Posts
The comparison sounds like comparing apples to oranges, IMO. Each game sounds likeit hasdetails that the other does not.The Darkness's strength is in it's single player while, clearly, Shadowrun's single player is severely anorexic. The Darkness's multiplayer leaves much to be desired while Shadowun's primary focus is on multiplayer replayability.Shadowrun's fun-factor, however, diminishes rather quickly. I still play it, but I play it less and less often. The Darkness has its 10 hours or so of gameplay, and then it's time to deliver it to Gamestop for a trade. IDK, I'd say you should rent them now and save your game-buying for August and September.
Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#41 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts

It just proves it's more than just a FPS. Once you throw in gliders, teleport, resurrection, ect. there's alot more to account for than in any other FPS. idk, i'm probably gonna be put in jail later today so I can't really be bothered to think about this too much right now. If this thread is still active and i'm not incarcerated i'll try to explain my thoughts better, cause they are pretty much scattered to the wind currently.THETRUEDOZAH

you can get arrested or makingoutrageous claims?

Goosestophe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Goosestophe
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts
Don't bash The Darkness it's a really good game. And you can eat peoples hearts.
freshdrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 freshdrew
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
if you love online multyplaying then go with shadowrun but i think the darknss is going to be better.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
There are probably more people in this thread that are saying Shadowrun and have never played The Darkness than the other way around.
DarkDemon91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DarkDemon91
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts

I've played Shadowrun and its good but I want to get more achievements for it and The Darkness looks great so idk..wht do u guys think?EskimoJoe33

I would go with The Darkness.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
the darkness for single player, shadowrun for multiplayer. Atleast until the Darkness doesnt lag online.
EskimoJoe33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 EskimoJoe33
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
I still idk most people say the darkness...but I probably wait a month or 2 and wait till more games come out
djord02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 djord02
Member since 2003 • 1495 Posts
I haven't played the Darkness yet, but I have been having a fun time playing Shadowrun. I'm sure people can find good things about both games.
P-Ublius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 P-Ublius
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

shadowrun....

OH by the way - let's compare Legend of Zelda to Forza Motorsport.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
Shadowrun has a great multiplayer