Shadowrun 6.9? I've lost all faith in Gamespot's Reviews.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#51 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

I don't understand why u like so much this game......it's nothing special....u just run like a stupid n00b and kill....nothing more.....but not just that.......the guys from Gamespot are experts in reviews so don't blame them because they know how a game is and what score should  they give to one.

What score u expect???......10??.:lol:

xsqmko

Apperantly you don't have an opinion on any thing in life.

DavidTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 DavidTool
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
[QUOTE="fore_runner"]

You're arguing with his score, not neccessarily the points he made in his review...

If you would go over these the only way you can disagree with his points is if you're an outright fanboy.

BioShockOwnz

Most reviewers have become jaded, because they've played so many games, and they expect too much out of a game.  

Jeff thinks Crackdown is a fun game, its the worst thing, halo beta was the only reason i bought it. there is no game in crackdown - just a city, its the most boring game ive played in ages. But Shadow run is much better, don't listen to jeff - let him go and get high scores on root beer tapper or something. This site gave perfect dark zero a 9.0 - and that game is more flawed than any other fps i can think of.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#53 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

Credit to Damonfriend for this information:

How can you review a game after only getting 12 out of the 50 achievements and one of the achievements that he didn't get was PLAYING EVERY MAP IN A PUBLIC MATCH! What the crap! Or winning a game as each race? Are you kidding me?

Here's his gamercard: http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=GameSpotting

Shouldn't they spend more time with a game before reviewing it? I have a couple of achievements that he doesn't have and I have only played 2 online games!Damonfriend

SupraAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SupraAssassin
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts
quit complaining bout it and go play it. a waste of 60 dollars if u ask me thoughjus
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i didn't expect it to get a 6.9 at all
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts

I don't understand why u like so much this game......it's nothing special....u just run like a stupid n00b and kill....nothing more.....but not just that.......the guys from Gamespot are experts in reviews so don't blame them because they know how a game is and what score should they give to one.

xsqmko
jeff is hardly an expert...and the game is quite special kid.
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Yeah people shouldn't go by the judgement from Gamespot. You should use it as a guideline and then rent the game or play the demo then see for yourself. Remember all the cons and all the pros. Then see if they are correct or just being a biased person.
demoralizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 demoralizer
Member since 2002 • 2023 Posts
meh 6.9 is DC
loumart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 loumart08
Member since 2004 • 193 Posts

shadowrun is freakin awesome, I totally disagree with the gamespot review, the gameplay is nicley balanced. I'm also really tired of everyone that keeps posting bad things about the game and they haven't even played it, only defend the gamespot review and counterstrike if you've actually played the game. So do bash a game you haven't even played yet

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

I don't understand why u like so much this game......it's nothing special....u just run like a stupid n00b and kill....nothing more.....but not just that.......the guys from Gamespot are experts in reviews so don't blame them because they know how a game is and what score should  they give to one.

xsqmko

An opinion never makes anyone an expert.

whizeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 whizeguy
Member since 2003 • 688 Posts
I think what really matters is how the game is to YOU.  I bought Shadowrun because it's a genre that I dig,  and the tech/magic combination possiblities seemed interesting to me.  So I now I have it and I like it.  It's by no means perfect, it could use a patch or two to iron out some of the conectivity issuses and perfect the balancing, but I still like it, it's fun to ME.  I don't care what Jeff thinks,  just what I think.
loumart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 loumart08
Member since 2004 • 193 Posts

I think what really matters is how the game is to YOU.  I bought Shadowrun because it's a genre that I dig,  and the tech/magic combination possiblities seemed interesting to me.  So I now I have it and I like it.  It's by no means perfect, it could use a patch or two to iron out some of the conectivity issuses and perfect the balancing, but I still like it, it's fun to ME.  I don't care what Jeff thinks,  just what I think.whizeguy

right on

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Go post on IGN or something then, maybe you will agree with those.
neelyboy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 neelyboy99
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts

If you love this game so much, then why are you wasting your time complaining about a game's review score. It's an opinion. Deal with it.

BlueTimber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BlueTimber
Member since 2004 • 722 Posts

The game seems like a rental at best.  He didn't bash the quality of the game that much, aside from a few remarks about how it needs polish and variety in character models, but the lack of content in the game seems to be a problem.  The lack of play types and maps.  

For other games this may not be so much of a problem, but when Multi player is ALL YOU'VE GOT, and you're charging full price for it, well that's....insane.  And it's understandable as to why he docked some major points.  I mean, what else were they working on or the past..forever? 

BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
[QUOTE="DeepCoalMiner"]

Lots of other threads on this? Why create a new one.

Your Shadowrun defense is getting frantic. If it is so fun, why are you bothering? You way overpaid for a mediocre game, get over it and move on.

donalbane

[QUOTE="gintheplacetobe"]Counter-Strike doesn't get any criticisms for not having SP because it comes FREE with one of the best SP FPS games out there, Half-Life... :roll:BeErBOnG29

Not to mention CS:S is also a MUCH better online game. :roll:

No... just no. Roll your little emoticon eyes all you like, but many of you are guilty of having your opinions spoonfed to you by a jaded reviewer with a penchant for giving 'so low it's shocking' scores. Remember: Jeff's the guy that gave Twilght Princess an 8.9. I'll say it again: this site has ceased to help me make informed descisions about spending money on games. Greg Kasavin had superb taste, but he's long gone now, and with him went the site's credence. IN MY OPINION, of course.

Whoa... When did I ever act as if I was jaded by the review? I didn't say "wow that score was a FLOP, no way am I buying this, SR sucks!" I was stating my personal opinion about CS:S vs. SR (two online-only games). I just played this with my cousin last night and I do think it pales in comparison with CS:S. Btw, I rolled my "little emoticon eyes" because there is absolutely no reason this game retails at $59.99. It's a cash grab at best.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not really sure why you brought your rants into this thread. Isn't there an 'improving GS' forum or something? 

Lee2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lee2000
Member since 2004 • 711 Posts
LOL
Chack1598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chack1598
Member since 2004 • 1351 Posts

Credit to Damonfriend for this information:

[Quote="Damonfriend"]

How can you review a game after only getting 12 out of the 50 achievements and one of the achievements that he didn't get was PLAYING EVERY MAP IN A PUBLIC MATCH! What the crap! Or winning a game as each race? Are you kidding me?

Here's his gamercard: http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=GameSpotting

Shouldn't they spend more time with a game before reviewing it? I have a couple of achievements that he doesn't have and I have only played 2 online games!nygiants1080

Isnt it common knowledge that GS uses many 360s to review games, thus the majority/all of his review play was on a different machine?