Shadowrun 6.9? I've lost all faith in Gamespot's Reviews.

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Shadowrun is absolutely the best time I've had online with my 360.  Jeff held the game to standards that others are not (Did Counterstrike Source recieve critisizms for not having a singleplayer mode?  Nope.)  He also said 'You'll see evertyhing there is to see in 2 or 3 hours... nothing could be further from the truth.  It would take a player weeks or months to experiment with the powers and try all the differnt character buidls this wonderful game affords. 

I am a fan of the orignial Pencil and Paper game, as well as the classic Genesis and SNES games, and see this game as a very strong entry to the franchise. Don't judge based on Jeff''s cynical review... try the demo next week and judge for yourself.  Shadowrun is truly innovative and deserves a MUCH higher score than 6.9.  I was expecting no less than a 9 here.  I guess opinions are like A-Holes :(

Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts
Counter-Strike doesn't get any criticisms for not having SP because it comes FREE with one of the best SP FPS games out there, Half-Life... :roll:
willpd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 willpd123
Member since 2005 • 970 Posts

Shadowrun is absolutely the best time I've had online with my 360. Jeff held the game to standards that others are not (Did Counterstrike Source recieve critisizms for not having a singleplayer mode? Nope.) He also said 'You'll see evertyhing there is to see in 2 or 3 hours... nothing could be further from the truth. It would take a player weeks or months to experiment with the powers and try all the differnt character buidls this wonderful game affords.

I am a fan of the orignial Pencil and Paper game, as well as the classic Genesis and SNES games, and see this game as a very strong entry to the franchise. Don't judge based on Jeff''s cynical review... try the demo next week and judge for yourself. Shadowrun is truly innovative and deserves a MUCH higher score than 6.9. I was expecting no less than a 9 here. I guess opinions are like A-Holes :(

donalbane

Yeh i will be checking the demo out and decide weather or not to get it from that, although i think i will get it any way 

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

Shadowrun is absolutely the best time I've had online with my 360. Jeff held the game to standards that others are not (Did Counterstrike Source recieve critisizms for not having a singleplayer mode? Nope.) He also said 'You'll see evertyhing there is to see in 2 or 3 hours... nothing could be further from the truth. It would take a player weeks or months to experiment with the powers and try all the differnt character buidls this wonderful game affords.

I am a fan of the orignial Pencil and Paper game, as well as the classic Genesis and SNES games, and see this game as a very strong entry to the franchise. Don't judge based on Jeff''s cynical review... try the demo next week and judge for yourself. Shadowrun is truly innovative and deserves a MUCH higher score than 6.9. I was expecting no less than a 9 here. I guess opinions are like A-Holes :(

donalbane
hahahaha i stopped reading at the counter strike source comment... CSS was not reviewed and also came free with HL2. i also wanna note that SR is a full priced multiplayer only game. Even a multiplayer only game like battlefield 2 for PC was released at a bugget price of $40. Not bashing SR though i cant wait to pick it up :) but that doesnt mean a 6.9 is bad review cause im not a noob fanboy ;)
Shoitaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Shoitaan
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts

The "pay counter-strikes" that came later (zero, standalone CS:source), although they were multiplayer only, they had enough content to have a full retail price. Not a point on quality, a point on quantity... the game may be fun but its in no way shape or form worth full retail price.

If you want standards, go look at chromehounds for the sheer amount of mutliplayer content in provides (even had space to throw in an appalling singeplayer campaign which will take you longer to get through than it would for you to tour every map in shadowrun).

The score is a mark on quality of content as well as the fun of gameplay.. the gameplay as you say may be fun but the content... :P

DeepCoalMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DeepCoalMiner
Member since 2004 • 617 Posts

Lots of other threads on this?  Why create a new one.

Your Shadowrun defense is getting frantic.  If it is so fun, why are you bothering?  You way overpaid for a mediocre game, get over it and move on. 

YoshiFrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 YoshiFrag
Member since 2006 • 147 Posts
It's an accurate score. CS/DOD/etc are/were FREE!!!!!!!! 60 bucks for a game that isn't even as deep as those two is insane. This game is NOT worth the money, period. It's decent, and a 6.9 is a fair score. If you like shadowrun, great. We really don't care if you didn't like Jeffy's review.
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts

Counter-Strike doesn't get any criticisms for not having SP because it comes FREE with one of the best SP FPS games out there, Half-Life... :roll:gintheplacetobe

Not to mention CS:S is also a MUCH better online game. :roll: 

YoshiFrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 YoshiFrag
On a side note, it's fun to see when people get so deeply offended when a game that they desperately want to get great reviews doesn't deliver :)
eletsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eletsi
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

It's an accurate score. CS/DOD/etc are/were FREE!!!!!!!! 60 bucks for a game that isn't even as deep as those two is insane. This game is NOT worth the money, period. It's decent, and a 6.9 is a fair score. If you like shadowrun, great. We really don't care if you didn't like Jeffy's review.YoshiFrag

While a lack of maps cuts into the game's value somewhat, Day of Defeat: Source still offers a satisfying and exciting experience for those who just can't get enough of World War II.

The Bad: Only four maps at launch; some odd balancing issues between kits.

4 maps, weaker gameplay than the original and score: 8.1. There is something for you to think. Gamespot does NOT review prices, they review how good the game is/isn't. I dont own shadowrun, but that review is a fiasco. That guy cant review a game if he thinks a ladder animation is a big downfall. They cant have proper animations for ladder because the gameplay is so fast from what i have seen, it would look sillyer than just floating em up (á la cs).

YoshiFrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 YoshiFrag

[QUOTE="YoshiFrag"]It's an accurate score. CS/DOD/etc are/were FREE!!!!!!!! 60 bucks for a game that isn't even as deep as those two is insane. This game is NOT worth the money, period. It's decent, and a 6.9 is a fair score. If you like shadowrun, great. We really don't care if you didn't like Jeffy's review.eletsi

While a lack of maps cuts into the game's value somewhat, Day of Defeat: Source still offers a satisfying and exciting experience for those who just can't get enough of World War II.

The Bad:Only four maps at launch; some odd balancing issues between kits.

4 maps, weaker gameplay than the original and score: 8.1. There is something for you to think. Gamespot does NOT review prices, they review how good the game is/isn't. I dont own shadowrun, but that review is a fiasco. That guy cant review a game if he thinks a ladder animation is a big downfall. They cant have proper animations for latter because the gameplay is so fast from what i have seen, it would look sillyer than just floating em up (á la cs).

You don't own the game, so I don't much care what you have to say about the review tbh. I do own it, and I feel it's accurate. The gameplay is subservient to that of DOD:S CS:S. The gameplay isn't even that fast, it's just run, spam skills, shoot. Oh, and you throw a tree or spikey wall every once and a while, glide from time to time, and teleport through walls. The animations are pretty weak, and it should count against its presentation. It's just another example of how they cut corners, like the lack of maps and gameplay modes... oh, and the lack of a single player mode (training that can be done in an hour and bot matches single player does not make). It's most certainly NOT worth 60 bucks imo, and it was barely worth 45 for me.

eletsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eletsi
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
There you have it. You wrote that in what, 2 mins? And you have a better review of the game than the GS review. Grats. Still waiting for the demo :]
YoshiFrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YoshiFrag

There you have it. You wrote that in what, 2 mins? And you have a better review of the game than the GS review. Grats. Still waiting for the demo :]eletsi

I'm not saying the game isn't decent... it's just rediculous that they want to charge full price for it.. and then I'm sure they'll charge for dlc later... it's a big rip :) But yeah, if you have any patience at all (I don't ;)) wait for the demo... you just might love it :)

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
I'm pleasantly surprised, it's pretty fun. It's not worth 60 bucks though. The game doesn't look that good, and the maps are boring, but the magic factor makes it different and fun. I think the review was spot on. Money doesn't grow on trees, I think they're taking everything into account when they review a game including price. That's why they don't review many free games.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
I'm waiting for the demo.
yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
Counter-Strike doesn't get any criticisms for not having SP because it comes FREE with one of the best SP FPS games out there, Half-Life... :roll:gintheplacetobe
yeah^ and besides, counter-strike is actually a good multiplayer game that people around the world could put up 500 hours on it (whether its CS:S or CS 1.6 or CS Xbox)
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
[QUOTE="donalbane"]

zero9167

hahahaha i stopped reading at the counter strike source comment... CSS was not reviewed and also came free with HL2. i also wanna note that SR is a full priced multiplayer only game. Even a multiplayer only game like battlefield 2 for PC was released at a bugget price of $40. Not bashing SR though i cant wait to pick it up :) but that doesnt mean a 6.9 is bad review cause im not a noob fanboy ;)

Battlefield 2 was not released at $40. It was released at the standard price of $50. I would also like to mention that Counter Strike Source was *not* free. As you pointed out, it came packaged with Half Life 2, which cost $50. Personally, and for many other players as well, it was Counter Strike Source that cost $50 and Half Life 2 that came with it free. Sure, arguing semantics here, but the point is the same.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Your Shadowrun defense is getting frantic.  If it is so fun, why are you bothering?  You way overpaid for a mediocre game, get over it and move on. 

DeepCoalMiner

[QUOTE="gintheplacetobe"]Counter-Strike doesn't get any criticisms for not having SP because it comes FREE with one of the best SP FPS games out there, Half-Life... :roll:BeErBOnG29

No... just no.  Roll your little emoticon eyes all you like, but many of you are guilty of having your opinions spoonfed to you by a jaded reviewer with a penchant for giving 'so low it's shocking' scores.  Remember: Jeff's the guy that gave Twilght Princess an 8.9.  I'll say it again: this site has ceased to help me make informed descisions about spending money on games.  Greg Kasavin had superb taste, but he's long gone now, and with him went the site's credence. IN MY OPINION, of course.  
Avatar image for stealth360snipa
stealth360snipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 stealth360snipa
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts

Shadowrun is absolutely the best time I've had online with my 360.  Jeff held the game to standards that others are not (Did Counterstrike Source recieve critisizms for not having a singleplayer mode?  Nope.)  He also said 'You'll see evertyhing there is to see in 2 or 3 hours... nothing could be further from the truth.  It would take a player weeks or months to experiment with the powers and try all the differnt character buidls this wonderful game affords. 

I am a fan of the orignial Pencil and Paper game, as well as the classic Genesis and SNES games, and see this game as a very strong entry to the franchise. Don't judge based on Jeff''s cynical review... try the demo next week and judge for yourself.  Shadowrun is truly innovative and deserves a MUCH higher score than 6.9.  I was expecting no less than a 9 here.  I guess opinions are like A-Holes :(

donalbane
well, im tilting toward forza but ill wait 4 the shadowrun demo b4 i decide which 1 i wanna get. but by the looks of it, hes rite. shadowrun doesnt seem 2 hav much depth and it doesnt really do anything new other than the whole magic thingy. plus 60 bucks does seem a little high 4 a multiplayer only game.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I love how most of you people think you know everything about this game, and that it's so bad, yet it isn't on your XBL Gamercard, :| Your opinions are moot if you've yet to play it. This game is above average, and I would have gladly paid more than $60 for it. It's better than overrated stuff like Gears.
stealth360snipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stealth360snipa
I love how most of you people think you know everything about this game, and that it's so bad, yet it isn't on your XBL Gamercard, :| Your opinions are moot if you've yet to play it. This game is above average, and I would have gladly paid more than $60 for it. It's better than overrated stuff like Gears.BioShockOwnz
and thats precisely why im waiting on the demo. although i do hav 2 disagree wit u on the gears comment
stealth360snipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stealth360snipa
ill probably rent this 1 tho
fore_runner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fore_runner
Member since 2004 • 8704 Posts

You're arguing with his score, not neccessarily the points he made in his review...

If you would go over these the only way you can disagree with his points is if you're an outright fanboy.

akuna2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 akuna2006
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts
I just hope that doesn't review Halo 3 because i bet he would give it a score lower than 9 
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
Don't worry... a demo is coming out soon, a lot of people will checking that out and will make up their own mind instead of listening to Jeff.
djord02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 djord02
Member since 2003 • 1495 Posts

donalbane

Counter Strike didn't sell for $60 and with 9 maps

Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts
[QUOTE="DeepCoalMiner"]

donalbane

[QUOTE="gintheplacetobe"]Counter-Strike doesn't get any criticisms for not having SP because it comes FREE with one of the best SP FPS games out there, Half-Life... :roll:BeErBOnG29

No... just no.  Roll your little emoticon eyes all you like, but many of you are guilty of having your opinions spoonfed to you by a jaded reviewer with a penchant for giving 'so low it's shocking' scores.  Remember: Jeff's the guy that gave Twilght Princess an 8.9.  I'll say it again: this site has ceased to help me make informed descisions about spending money on games.  Greg Kasavin had superb taste, but he's long gone now, and with him went the site's credence. IN MY OPINION, of course.  

I'm not saying I agree with the review. I haven't played Shadowrun so I can't comment on that. Just pointing out that a lack of SP isn't a weakness for CS when it comes packed with an amazing SP FPS...

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

You're arguing with his score, not neccessarily the points he made in his review...

If you would go over these the only way you can disagree with his points is if you're an outright fanboy.

fore_runner

Most reviewers have become jaded, because they've played so many games, and they expect too much out of a game.  

ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts
I just hope that doesn't review Halo 3 because i bet he would give it a score lower than 9 akuna2006

Haha, same here man.  I sent Greg K a message begging him to do it. 
mikeneb430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mikeneb430
Member since 2007 • 1036 Posts

i didnt get the original Counter Strike when I bought Half Life Anthology, just crappy Team Fortress, what gives? 

monco59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#31 monco59
Member since 2007 • 2473 Posts

Ain't that the truth! Still, I'll be checking out the demo as well since I never put too much stock in GS reviews. I just like to read them is all. 

DeepCoalMiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeepCoalMiner
Member since 2004 • 617 Posts
Go to gamerankings.  It is average 66% across all reviews.  Gamepot was not being harsh.
CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CooVee
Member since 2005 • 2161 Posts
Why is it such a big deal? Do you feel offended that a game you enjoy gets an average/good rating? This is what Jeff thought of the game compared to what he has played before and what he expects from games like Shadowrun and in the end it is only his opinion. An educated opinion but still an opinion. Stop complaining about what a reviewer says, if you the like the game then by all means play Shadowrun and get over this temper tantrum.
_Live4HIM13_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 _Live4HIM13_
Member since 2007 • 232 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiFrag"]It's an accurate score. CS/DOD/etc are/were FREE!!!!!!!! 60 bucks for a game that isn't even as deep as those two is insane. This game is NOT worth the money, period. It's decent, and a 6.9 is a fair score. If you like shadowrun, great. We really don't care if you didn't like Jeffy's review.eletsi

The Bad:Only four maps at launch; some odd balancing issues between kits.

4 maps, weaker gameplay than the original and score: 8.1. There is something for you to think. Gamespot does NOT review prices, they review how good the game is/isn't. I dont own shadowrun, but that review is a fiasco. That guy cant review a game if he thinks a ladder animation is a big downfall. They cant have proper animations for ladder because the gameplay is so fast from what i have seen, it would look sillyer than just floating em up (á la cs).

yea and this being the case they are prolly gonna make the ones who buy this game pay even more for a MP map pack similar to like they did with halo 2 except halo's initial maps were good and the map pack just made it better this one however..... im not so sure that this is the case but i am gonna have to wait for the demo next week for this one
MangyForestCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MangyForestCat
Member since 2003 • 473 Posts
For the love of god everyone please stop this. We'll look like the stupid sheep did when Jeff gave Twilight Princess a 8.8 for the Wii... It's just a freaking rating... if you like the game then you like the game does Jeff's opinion validate your purchase? I can't believe you liking or disliking something depends entirely on someone else...
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
OP I'm with you. Jeff is a hypocrite and has no business reviewing games. SR is by far one of the most fun MP games I've ever had the privilage of playing. AA quality indeed. If garbage like gears can pull off a 9.6 with hardly any content, why is this game bashed for the same damn thing.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ninjaxams
Why is it such a big deal? Do you feel offended that a game you enjoy gets an average/good rating? This is what Jeff thought of the game compared to what he has played before and what he expects from games like Shadowrun and in the end it is only his opinion. An educated opinion but still an opinion. Stop complaining about what a reviewer says, if you the like the game then by all means play Shadowrun and get over this temper tantrum.CooVee
I'm offended because their basically letting some games get away with the exact same crap. And its just not GS, its alot of sites/magazines. If your gonna bash one, you should bash them all. Hypocracy runs rampent in the game media.
_Live4HIM13_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 _Live4HIM13_
Member since 2007 • 232 Posts
OP I'm with you. Jeff is a hypocrite and has no business reviewing games. SR is by far one of the most fun MP games I've ever had the privilage of playing. AA quality indeed. If garbage like gears can pull off a 9.6 with hardly any content, why is this game bashed for the same damn thing.
ninjaxams
Gears had a great SP and really good MP, the graphics are top notch and what do u mean by little content?
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]OP I'm with you. Jeff is a hypocrite and has no business reviewing games. SR is by far one of the most fun MP games I've ever had the privilage of playing. AA quality indeed. If garbage like gears can pull off a 9.6 with hardly any content, why is this game bashed for the same damn thing.
_Live4HIM13_
Gears had a great SP and really good MP, the graphics are top notch and what do u mean by little content?

gears had a 6hr campaign that was horribly repetitive and 3 MP modes that were all the same damn thing. it looked great sure, but was so barebones its not even funny. you know, all these ppl gave doom3 crap for monster closets, what do you think the emergence holes were?
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

I guess opinions are like A-Holes :(donalbane

Everyone has one and thinks that everyone else's stinks! :wink:

Edit: Actually, I'm heading out in about 30 minutes to pick it up, regardless of what the reviews say. See ya online!

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts
I can understand why it would not get like a 9, but that still seems a bit low to me. It looks good, it plays great, and all those powers (and numerous combinations of them) set it apart from games like CS.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="DeepCoalMiner"]

Lots of other threads on this? Why create a new one.

Your Shadowrun defense is getting frantic. If it is so fun, why are you bothering? You way overpaid for a mediocre game, get over it and move on.

donalbane

No... just no. Roll your little emoticon eyes all you like, but many of you are guilty of having your opinions spoonfed to you by a jaded reviewer with a penchant for giving 'so low it's shocking' scores. Remember: Jeff's the guy that gave Twilght Princess an 8.9. I'll say it again: this site has ceased to help me make informed descisions about spending money on games. Greg Kasavin had superb taste, but he's long gone now, and with him went the site's credence. IN MY OPINION, of course.

well said
TOSgamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TOSgamer10
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
[QUOTE="_Live4HIM13_"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]OP I'm with you. Jeff is a hypocrite and has no business reviewing games. SR is by far one of the most fun MP games I've ever had the privilage of playing. AA quality indeed. If garbage like gears can pull off a 9.6 with hardly any content, why is this game bashed for the same damn thing.
ninjaxams

gears had a 6hr campaign that was horribly repetitive and 3 MP modes that were all the same damn thing. it looked great sure, but was so barebones its not even funny. you know, all these ppl gave doom3 crap for monster closets, what do you think the emergence holes were?

Wow sounds like you just describe Shawdowrun. "3 MP modes that were all the same damn thing"  But Gears was also able to include a 6-8 hour single+ co-op mode for the same price.
Simechak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Simechak
Member since 2002 • 1497 Posts

DeepCoalMiner

That's something only someone who hasn't played the game would say.  you are SO WRONG.  The game is not mediocre in any way, and is well worth the money.  Best online experience to date, hands down.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="_Live4HIM13_"][QUOTE="ninjaxams"]OP I'm with you. Jeff is a hypocrite and has no business reviewing games. SR is by far one of the most fun MP games I've ever had the privilage of playing. AA quality indeed. If garbage like gears can pull off a 9.6 with hardly any content, why is this game bashed for the same damn thing.
TOSgamer10

Wow sounds like you just describe Shawdowrun. "3 MP modes that were all the same damn thing" But Gears was also able to include a 6-8 hour single+ co-op mode for the same price.

Well SR has something that gears doesn't, and thats variety and depth. SR MP is lightyears beyond the busted mess that gears is. I can't really defend the lack of a SP campaign, but on the MP tip, SR is amazing.
themexican201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 themexican201
Member since 2003 • 368 Posts
I have shadowrun and i enjoy it quite a bit. While i don't personally think this game deserved anything above a 9 i feel maybe in the 7 range at the least but hey thats my opinion. If you are dogging this game and haven't even played it yet then your opinion is automatically invalid because its not simple enough to draw a conclusion from someone else's opinion then to form an opinion of your own.
serb1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 serb1030
Member since 2006 • 350 Posts
I love Shadowrun. It is just like when CS first came out. It didn't have that much content but huge potential that was later realized. Shadowrun is not a short game like Jeff says, because everytime you play different thigns happen. There are so many different possibilities. Overall I would give the game an 8.3. And FASA said that users will be able to create maps so that will be awesome. Shadowrun is basically like CS in the sense of when it came out it didn't have that much content.
YoshiFrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 YoshiFrag

I have shadowrun and i enjoy it quite a bit. While i don't personally think this game deserved anything above a 9 i feel maybe in the 7 range at the least but hey thats my opinion. If you are dogging this game and haven't even played it yet then your opinion is automatically invalid because its not simple enough to draw a conclusion from someone else's opinion then to form an opinion of your own.themexican201

There are people on both side of the isle, those who say they love or hate it, who have yet to play it. It is not only people who haven't played it that are hating on it. I have it, and it's very average imo. a 7 is a perfect score, as that's the threshold between an average and a good game. (Since 7-7.9 = Good) I think the overall score is near perfect.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I like how people who have never even played the game are telling people it is bad or medicore. Play some thing before you give an opinion on it.
xsqmko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 xsqmko
Member since 2004 • 517 Posts

I don't understand why u like so much this game......it's nothing special....u just run like a stupid n00b and kill....nothing more.....but not just that.......the guys from Gamespot are experts in reviews so don't blame them because they know how a game is and what score should  they give to one.

What score u expect???......10??.:lol: