Rare Replay Impression

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Since there isn't a thread on this, I will post the games list that's available on Rare Replay for 30 games for only $30 dollars. Not bad and there are few Rare Games that I never played in my life like Kameo and I never finish Jet Force Gemini so this is a good deal. The only thing that baffles me is that it's missing Goldenye and it's a huge letdown on Rare's part and I guess Perfect Dark will have to do. What is you're opinion on Rare Replay?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own almost all of these.

I may pick this up for $20 or less down the road.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

COAT ( collection of all time ) and worth 5X the asking price. Well done MS / Rare, well done. :D

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Great value , I think Goldeneye didn't come out because of trademarks/rights issues

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

If you haven't played Kameo, you are in for a surprise. I thought the game was very underrated. There are a lot of quality games in this collection and I'm in day 1 for sure even though I own all the 360 games on the list minus Nuts and Bolts which I never got around to buying for some reason.

Too bad they couldn't change Donkey Kong's name and add DKC 1-3 to this lineup. A dream come true right there lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator

@iambatman7986: Yeah But I wasn't expecting DKC games to come anyways but however, Diddy Kong Racing would be cool if they remove Diddy's name off the game and change it to something else, I'm sure it would have made it. Can't wait to try out Kameo.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

@davillain-: Diddy Kong Racing was my favorite N64 game. That and Beetle Adventure Racing. I think you will enjoy Kameo, have a great time with it when this comes out.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

It's a great collection

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

That's a steal for $30. Sort of wish it was coming out on the 360, or that it would justify a purchase of an Xbone for me. Will grab it down the road when I finally do get an Xbone though.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

This is one of my must buys this year. This game for me is right up there with Halo 5 and Gears of War 4. This is when Rare was a awesome studio. Before they go stuck with making Kinect games. Rare replay is going to be one of my most played games. Old School Gaming at is best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Hope this sells will so Rare will stop lazing around and actually revive most of their old games!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Great collection, it's definitely going to be added to my collection.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Conker's Bad Fur Day, Jet Force Gemini, Kameo: Elements of Power, Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero, Blast Corps, Battletoads, Battletoads Arcade, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts and Grabbed by the Ghoulies...... For $30 and all of those games, and more - that's a pretty decent collection.

I will likely buy it, despite the fact that this still doesn't prove that RARE is in any better shape than it has been for years now, since this is really just a great value. It's kind of like the Master Chief Collection of 2015.... Though hopefully, with no major issues.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

This game is worth it to me for just the three Banjo games, Conker and the two Viva Pinata's. The fact there's an additional 24 games included is just icing on the cake.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Great collection, it's definitely going to be added to my collection.

Yeah same... replay some of those classics!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alucard_Prime

Lol Battletoads is going to wipe the floor with people .....easily the most difficult game I've ever played.....you can give yourself a pat on the back if you can finish it......that's going to be one cool achievement to get.

imaprofessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 imaprofessor
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

If Conker's Bad Fur Day is uncensored I will buy.

ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

@Alucard_Prime: I was about to say something about battletoads achievements. Whoever 100% this game, more power to you.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BattleSpectre

@imaprofessor said:

Yeah can anyone confirm if it's uncensored? I never finished the game on my original Xbox but couldn't stop laughing through the game, it was great.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DaVillain  Moderator

@BattleSpectre said:
@imaprofessor said:

Yeah can anyone confirm if it's uncensored? I never finished the game on my original Xbox but couldn't stop laughing through the game, it was great.

Live and Reloaded wasn't the true Conker and that version was badly butcher to hell. As far as I know, This isn't the Live and Reloaded version and this is the true Conker N64 port so nothing shouldn't be uncensored.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BattleSpectre

@davillain- said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@imaprofessor said:

Live and Reloaded wasn't the true Conker and that version was badly butcher to hell. As far as I know, This isn't the Live and Reloaded version and this is the true Conker N64 port so nothing shouldn't be uncensored.

Thanks for the update, I had no idea Live and Reloaded was missing parts from the original game. This news makes me happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@davillain- said:
@BattleSpectre said:
@imaprofessor said:

Well, the f wod was censored in the OG but that's it.

Also this collection is amazing.

imaprofessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By imaprofessor
Member since 2014 • 27 Posts

thanks for the confirmations.

I suppose the one swear agent dark says (I think), will be bleeped.

will there be online multiplayer for conkers or any of the others?

frenchys win. loved that game mode.

i'm wondering how the controls for n64 type games will be on the xbox controller, better or worse.

will the collection only be for xbox?

um, are you sure you've got that?

just noticed perfect dark zero, is that any good?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Lets just say when they announced this at E3 i bought a XBOX ONE the next day...Cant wait!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Alucard_Prime

Here is a great list from an IGN article that details all the games in the collection. Also I recently read on IGN that the 10k worth of achievements advertised with the game includes achievements you may have earned on 360 versions of the titles. So if you already have a few achievements for PerfectDark, those will remain unlocked in the RareReplay collection...just a minor clarification because I thought it was 10K worth of brand new achievements.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-rare-replay-announced-for-xbox-one?%20hub%20page%20One&utm_content=3

1. Jetpac (released in 1983, 1-2 players) – Single-screen shooter where Jetman must reassemble and fuel his rocket while fending off alien hordes.

2. Atic Atac (released in 1983, 1 player) – Top-down adventure with increased replayability thanks to randomized object locations and three different character classes.

3. Lunar Jetman (released in 1983, 1-2 players) – A return to the Jetpac side-scrolling formula, but with a scrolling, randomly generated landscape and much more to do.

4. Sabre Wulf (released in 1984, 1-2 players) – Classic jungle maze game and the first appearance of explorer Sabreman, tackling dangers including the vicious ’Wulf itself.

5. Underwurlde (released in 1984, 1 player) – Rare’s first true platform game. Help Sabreman survive the perils of the Underwurlde and escape through one of three exits.

6. Knight Lore (released in 1984, 1 player) – Introduction of Ultimate’s groundbreaking isometric Filmation engine. Sabreman must scour the castle for items to cure his werewolf curse.

7. Gunfright (released in 1986, 1-2 players) – A Wild West spin on the isometric style, with an improved engine and new first-person target-shooting sections.

8. Slalom (released in 1987, 1-2 players) – Rare’s first console game. Make it to the bottom of each course before time runs out while avoiding trees, sledders, snowmen and other skiers.

9. R.C. Pro-Am (released in 1988, 1 player) – Responsive racing game that inspired elements of Rare’s future racers, including speed boosts, upgrades and collectible power-ups littered around the track.

10. Cobra Triangle (released in 1989, 1 player) – Hop into a boat and power through a branching game world, completing challenges such as shooting targets, disposing of mines and defeating leviathans.

11. Snake Rattle N Roll (released in 1990, 1-2 players) – A fast-paced isometric adventure. Rattle and Roll must eat Nibbley-Pibbleys until they’re heavy enough to ring a bell and open the exit.

12. Digger T. Rock (released in 1990, 1-2 players) – 2D platformer in which Digger must find an exit switch, stand on it, then make it to the exit in 60 seconds.

13. Solar Jetman (released in 1990, 1 player) – A game built around exploration and physics; Jetman has to tow fuel and other items to his mothership.

14. Battletoads (released in 1991, 1-2 players) – Skill and perseverance required as the ’Toads take on multiple game styles to rescue Pimple and Princess Angelica from the Dark Queen.

15. R.C. Pro-Am II (released in 1992, 1-4 players) – Sequel to R.C. Pro-Am with a wider variety of environments, more car customization options and bonus games.

16. Battletoads Arcade (released in 1994) – First “Battletoads” game to allow all three ‘Toads to play simultaneously. Has never had a home release before “Rare Replay”!

17. Killer Instinct Gold (released in 1996, 1-2 players) – Home version of Killer Instinct 2 with several multiplayer modes (including tournament mode) and a training dojo.

18. Blast Corps (released in 1997, 1 player) – Cult classic with a fleet of destructive vehicles (from bulldozers to robots) used to clear the path for a runaway nuclear missile carrier.

19. Banjo-Kazooie (released in 1998, 1 player) – 3D platformer adventure where Banjo and Kazooie must take on the evil witch Gruntilda, who’s kidnapped Banjo’s sister Tooty and plans to steal her beauty for herself.

20. Jet Force Gemini (released in 1999, 1-4 players) – Interstellar action adventure that mixes third-person exploration and alien-blasting action as the last three JFG members go up against Mizar.

21. Perfect Dark (relased in 2000, 1-4 players) – A stealth shooter set in the year 2023. Players lead secret agent Joanna Dark against the dataDyne corporation as they uncover an alien conspiracy that takes her around the world.

22. Banjo-Tooie (released in 2000, 1-4 players) – Builds on Banjo-Kazooie with larger worlds, separately controllable characters, multiplayer modes and many more moves to learn.

23. Conker’s Bad Fur Day (released in 2001, 1-4 players) – Beloved comedy adventure that mixes up genres (platformer, third-person shooting, racing) with mature humor, pop culture references and parodies.

24. Grabbed by the Ghoulies (released in 2003, 1 player) – Rare’s first Xbox game. A comic book beat-’em-up set in a haunted house filled with breakable scenery and Ghoulies of all kinds.

25. Perfect Dark Zero (released in 2005, 1-4 players locally, up to 32 players online) – A prequel to Perfect Dark that delves into Joanna’s origins and fuses first-person shooting with third-person, cover-based combat.

26. Kameo: Elements of Power (released in 2005, 1-2 players locally or online) – A fantasy adventure focused on combat and exploration, with Kameo able to transform into ten different Elemental Warriors.

27. Viva Piñata (released in 2006, 1-2 players locally) – A magical gardening/life sim in which the player can cultivate a garden paradise, attract different Piñatas and keep them safe from Professor Pester and his Ruffians.

28. Jetpac Refuelled (released in 2007, 1-2 players locally or online) – A modern update to Jetpac. Assemble and fuel your rocket before blasting off to the next of 128 challenging stages.

29. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (released in 2008, 1-2 players locally, up to 4 players online) – A more open-ended, customizable approach to the series with vehicle-based challenges set by L.O.G. (the Lord of Games).

30. Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (released in 2008, 1-2 players locally or online) – Features new species and Piñata Central challenges, plus desert and arctic regions to visit and catch native Piñatas.

Avatar image for deactivated-578f2053b4a13
deactivated-578f2053b4a13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 deactivated-578f2053b4a13
Member since 2004 • 1671 Posts

Does Conker use the original N64 graphics? It's NOT Live and Reloaded, from the first Xbox, right?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Alucard_Prime

@halvedlife said:

Does Conker use the original N64 graphics? It's NOT Live and Reloaded, from the first Xbox, right?

Correct, it has been confirmed as being the uncensored N64 edition.

Abagnam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Abagnam
Member since 2013 • 122 Posts

Will ther be online multiplayer for Perfect Dark 64 and Perfect Dark Zero?

Perfect Dark 64 will be the version made for x360, I imagine....

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The only game I have played in that collection is Kameo and I haven't played any of the other games so I'm looking forward to picking this up in August.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BattleSpectre

@sukraj: Ahh, Kameo. I really enjoyed that game bro.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj: Ahh, Kameo. I really enjoyed that game bro.

yeah it was a decent game bro I wish Rare would make a sequel.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Alucard_Prime

There's quite a few gems in there.....I think I will firs try Blast Corps. Jet Force Gem., Cobra Triangle, RcProAm......good memories, been a very long time

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BattleSpectre

@Alucard_Prime: I know hey, there's just so many games I want to play and try for the first time. Not sure what I'm going to try first when I buy it.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Im well exited for this. Looking forward to all the banjo games and viva pinata the most.

Avatar image for goldenagegaming
GoldenAgeGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 GoldenAgeGaming
Member since 2015 • 139 Posts

I can't wait for that i always wanted to play most of these games, i don't own any of these games and always wanted to own a few these

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

Getting some really good games here worth it big time imo. I had solar jetman on nes, it was so hard for me back then and took me a while to figure the mechanics out. I never kmew it was made by the rare team. I was let down when I received the game my gma got it for me on bday so I thought I wouldnt like it. The guy at electronics dep recommended it for her so he must of new its pedigree. I came arounf to the game eventually but it was hard for my preteen gaming skills, I could probably enjoy it much more nowdays.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By juboner

I thought they made rock n roll racing too, that game was awesome back then so much fun.

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 juboner

And for some reason I liked the original KI on snes better than Gold, anybody else feel this way?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

COAT ( collection of all time ) and worth 5X the asking price. Well done MS / Rare, well done. :D

Agreed. Out of those, I already own PD and Kameo. So glad all the Banjo games, PD0 and Kameo is included amongst other great games. $30? This is a collection I am happy to buy.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

@davillain-: Diddy Kong Racing was my favorite N64 game. That and Beetle Adventure Racing. I think you will enjoy Kameo, have a great time with it when this comes out.

Oh yeah. Kameo was easily one of the best games of early last gen and unfortunately overlooked by many. So much fun.

@BattleSpectre Yes!! That is going to be a massive problem LOL Where does one start?

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

It's the only thing I'll use my Xbox One for during the foreseeable future.

Dajamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dajamo
Member since 2015 • 53 Posts

I have only heard of a few of these games, but I grew up in Banjo and Kazooie! Such a classic!

Gogeta4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gogeta4X
Member since 2015 • 7 Posts

Definitely picking it up. I still remember playing JFG and conker's on n64. I never got into the banjo series but everyone says it's better than dk64 which I did play and liked so rare replay will keep me busy for a while to say the least.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#44 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I'm kind of excited to play some of the games, but then I have most of the games that come with the collection, so I might wait for it to get cheaper.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Alucard_Prime

Some new details quoted below from an article GS just posted:

Your Xbox One Needs 50 GB Free to Install Every Rare Replay Game

To install every game from the collection on an Xbox hard drive, you'll need quite a bit of space free.

by Alex Newhouse on July 21, 2015

GameSpot

Rare Replay, a collection of 30 games from developer Rare, will require 50 GB of hard drive space to install every game.

According to the collection's listing on the Xbox website, the game requires a minimum of 11.26 GB free on your Xbox One's hard drive. However, the Xbox 360 games in the collection are not on the Rare Replay disc. Instead, they'll be added to your download queue and you'll have to install 38 GB more to your hard drive.

Included on the disk, then, are games that predate the Xbox 360 like Battletoads and Conker's Bad Fur Day. You'll have to download Rare's 360 games like Viva Pinata and Perfect Dark Zero.

Rare Replay launches on August 4 for Xbox One. It'll have 10,000 achievement points, although if you've already unlocked achievements in some of the Xbox 360 games, those points will carry over to Rare Replay. The developer is also fixing bugs such as the infamous Battletoads two-player glitch.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator

@Alucard_Prime: Thanks for the update. TBH, I completely forgot about this thread and yeah, I already comment on the 50GB download but as I stated, huge install bases are now a thing so I don't have a problem with this one and my 1TB is still has way plenty of room despite most of my Xbox One games are digital.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

50gb install? Merely tickles my 4TB external HDD. BRING IT ON!!!!

Oh and, yeah, can't wait for this to come out.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SecretPolice

@suicidesn0wman said:

50gb install? Merely tickles my 4TB external HDD. BRING IT ON!!!!

Oh and, yeah, can't wait for this to come out.

My 5TB HDD laughs at you :P

Of course I kid and it sure does feel good to have all that storage available, as you said, bring it on baby, this gonna be gooooood!!!.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Alucard_Prime

@SecretPolice: Hehe yeah you got me beat as well, mine is "only" 4 TB . I love not having to worry about space.....it's like having a bottomless magic drawer or something. My wallet does not like that huge HDD size though.....

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SecretPolice

@Alucard_Prime:

Yeah man, I couldn't believe how fast I was using the 500 gig and I didn't want to have to start deleting games so I can DL other games so when I saw this 5TB HDD for just over $100.00 on ebay I figured it was a steal and I wanted it. Best move I've made this gen. :)