Oblivion Not Looking As Good

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts
[QUOTE="TavLok"]

what's this? the graphic whores are on the attack again?

calm down, the marketplace trailer is of an early graphical build and was clearly compressed

slartybardfarst

Dont be so pathetic and small minded, I was simply stating what i see. without GFX I doubt you would have a 360 because as im sure your aware the 360 is a new breed of GFX power-house and this undoubtably made you buy the console and not just because you thought the game play may improve.  Dont be so offensive with your opinion next time please.

You know....I never thought about it that way and you're absolutely right. We all bought the system based on how the games would look because in all reality, the gameplay is still the same. Only things that have really changed are the graphics and the add of achievments (which I love)

Avatar image for slartybardfarst
slartybardfarst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 slartybardfarst
Member since 2004 • 3978 Posts
[QUOTE="slartybardfarst"][QUOTE="TavLok"]

calm down, the marketplace trailer is of an early graphical build and was clearly compressed

driftingsilvia

Dont be so pathetic and small minded, I was simply stating what i see. without GFX I doubt you would have a 360 because as im sure your aware the 360 is a new breed of GFX power-house and this undoubtably made you buy the console and not just because you thought the game play may improve.  Dont be so offensive with your opinion next time please.

You know....I never thought about it that way and you're absolutely right. We all bought the system based on how the games would look because in all reality, the gameplay is still the same. Only things that have really changed are the graphics and the add of achievments (which I love)

Yup  agreed .

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts
No he's right. It doesnt look THAT good. GOW blows it away by far.andrewmickey14
i dont know how anyone can say that if we've seen less coverage on GOW than Oblivion
slartybardfarst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 slartybardfarst
A small gift for those that love the big O.  VIDEO
M4NI4K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 M4NI4K
Member since 2004 • 2955 Posts
[QUOTE="Trisetta"]

dude.... LOOK AT THOSE GRFX!!! THEY SUCK.... THEREFORE SO MUST THE GAME!

peachy_dagansta

I hate to break it to you but those graphics DON'T suck. It may be 2D, but it has a unique art style and amazing visuals. The game can't compare graphics-wise to what's on the Xbox 360, but they don't suck.

nah im pretty sure that sucks 2
TavLok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 TavLok
Member since 2002 • 1598 Posts
[QUOTE="TavLok"]

slartybardfarst

I know about the Xenos' performance potential.  I also happen to know that it will perfom natively post processing features that even the current X1900 cannot. Developers haven't had enough time with the hardware to begin exploiting it's capabilities.

As for my metioning of graphic whores, sorry you're offended but my comment stands.  I didn't invest in the Xbox 360 just based on how the games would look. Gameplay mechanics are extremely important to me. I want developers to stop whining and complaining and give us multi-threaded gaming experiences.

I want nice looking graphics just as much as the next gamer, but I'm more interested in immersion this generation. I don't just want a realistic "looking" forest, I want a forest open to non linear type play. I want the forest to be large enough that it takes me at least 3 or 4 game days to cross it. That I might need to set up camp overnight in order to make it to my destination.

But if the only thing gamers are screaming about it how a game looks then that is exactly what developers will concentrate on and gameplay mechanics will continue to suffer.  The Xbox 360 has a multi-threaded 3 core CPU and a GPU capable of creating geometry if developers slave one of the three cores through the GPU's MEMEXPORT function. The potential for immersive gameplay is there, but developers may not exploit it if they feel that eye candy is the only thing that we want.

-Ten-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 -Ten-
Member since 2003 • 7493 Posts

Looks fine to me...

slartybardfarst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 slartybardfarst
[QUOTE="Trisetta"] [QUOTE="peachy_dagansta"]

M4NI4K

I hate to break it to you but those graphics DON'T suck. It may be 2D, but it has a unique art style and amazing visuals. The game can't compare graphics-wise to what's on the Xbox 360, but they don't suck.

I bet you ride the Bus all the way back to the station instead of getting off at your stop dont you.

LiquidZ08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 LiquidZ08
Member since 2004 • 8820 Posts

I've noticed many people would rather sit on GS and complain about games, rather than actually play them for the fun they can have with them.  Whats truely sad is that people can come to a conclusion, even if they have never played the game (released or not) v_v ...

slartybardfarst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 slartybardfarst

Tav sorry I just aint got the time for all that reading lol. but good point? I stopped reading after you called me a whore once again, perhaps if you were more responsible with your words I would give your post the time it probably deserves.

OK I just read it all, And I agree. I never meant IM only interested in GFX Q as IM sure you must have picked up on, anyway sorry for thinking you were being an AH, It seems you were not. I agree with what you say and I think the same, it just came over like I was A GFX ***. I have been a GFX **** for over 30 years lol but without GP I wouldn't even be that.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#61 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I think the light bloom must have been in overdrive on that downloadable trailer.  Still, I have total confidence in Bethesda, and am certain the game will impress.  Will it look GOW impressive?  No.  But I bet the average person plays ES:Oblivion a lot longer than they play GOW. 

WOW!  I just watched the movie on IGN.  It's great!  I'm excited!

TavLok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TavLok
Member since 2002 • 1598 Posts

Tav sorry I just aint got the time for all that reading lol. but good point? I stopped reading after you called me a whore once again, perhaps if you were more responsible with your words I would give your post the time it probably deserves.

OK I just read it all, And I agree. I never meant IM only interested in GFX Q as IM sure you must have picked up on, anyway sorry for thinking you were being an AH, It seems you were not. I agree with what you say and I think the same, it just came over like I was A GFX ***. I have been a GFX **** for over 30 years lol but without GP I wouldn't even be that.

slartybardfarst

No problem.  Again, I'm sorry if you were offended but it was a general comment after reading the entire thread of complaints about the game's appearance. I wasn't targeting any one person.  But hey, some of my good friends are graphic whores and I tell them the same thing all the time.

I'm really worried that this generation isn't going to be any different from the last.  The same elite developers, the smaller percentage of great developers, and the majority of average developers. So every game isn't going to look like Gears of War, I can accept that. Not every game studio has the same talent or is utilizing the same cutting edge game engines and tools, but we can demand better play mechanics because the capabilities are there this generation.

For years developers have been complaining about how if they only had mult-core processors, if they only had more memory and post processing features. Well now they have that, and it's important that we let them know we expect more immersion.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
The guy from IGN says it is freakin gorgeous, his only complaint was the textures of the hills in the far distance.He also said it was almost exactly the same as the pc version.
kyle_toker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kyle_toker
Member since 2004 • 4950 Posts
okay, even if it looked bad (which is definatly doesn't) graphics is not the first thing you should look at... gameplay is so much more important
Avatar image for Equilibrium_340
Equilibrium_340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Equilibrium_340
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts
And this is coming from a guy who only has 16 posts? How the hell do we know if you're not a fanboy using a new account?
kokaiinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 kokaiinum
Member since 2005 • 2400 Posts

What gives?

Your eyes give.

Go get some freakin' glasses.

underoathswsfoe

Ha ha my words excatley. You must be blind man, this game looks sweeter than it didn on E3, also this isnt the kind of game you buy because of the graphics, thats just an added bonus.
Maui00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67 Maui00
Member since 2004 • 8747 Posts

[QUOTE="StupidHenchman"]Just wait...you will love it. Just like Full Auto....underoathswsfoe

\

Full Auto?

Full Auto blows.

have you play Full Auto? cuz the demo sucked but the game rocks

jonfigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jonfigs
Member since 2004 • 299 Posts
People should reserve judgement until the games comes out. Then we can have this discussion ::roll:
M4NI4K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 M4NI4K
Member since 2004 • 2955 Posts
[QUOTE="M4NI4K"] [QUOTE="Trisetta"] [QUOTE="peachy_dagansta"]

slartybardfarst

I bet you ride the Bus all the way back to the station instead of getting off at your stop dont you.

i bet ur mom hates you 2
ranglah33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ranglah33
Member since 2006 • 400 Posts

I have spent a long time looking at Oblivion since E3 and thought it was gonna be awesome because the graphics would be amazing even with the fact that it's so huge. I mean the reviews said "Best looking game I've ever seen" in the OXM advertisement. But I recently downloaded the trailer which has actual gameplay footage in it and I have 720p and it didn't look all that special. Kinda like an original Xbox game. What gives? HD_Gamer_J

then you shouldn't buy it.  seems pretty simple to me.  And I don't think those are reviews, as reviews are worthless until the full game has been released (to the business/critics) and completed.

CodeMunki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 CodeMunki
Member since 2002 • 2740 Posts
Oblivion is the best looking RPG in history and people are whining that the graphics aren't good enough. What a bizarre world we live in.
noctoural88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 noctoural88
Member since 2007 • 440 Posts

yeah fo ****

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Oblivion is the best looking RPG in history and people are whining that the graphics aren't good enough. What a bizarre world we live in.CodeMunki
Quoted for the truth
luke182777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 luke182777
Member since 2005 • 3070 Posts

yeah fo ****

noctoural88

why would you bump this?
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
Oblivion is better than you think it is graphically, it's just that if you look over the distance it looks like a blurry carpet but the close-up detail of the environments is absolutely amazing.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

yeah fo ****

noctoural88

This thread is over a year old, why did you bring it back?
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts
[QUOTE="noctoural88"]

yeah fo ****

Trickshot771

This thread is over a year old, why did you bring it back?

Do we ever know? I mean how do these people find these old threads anyway? Not like the search function works on this site, so what did they do, accidently click on forum page 200 or something and not notice it?

cuib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cuib
Member since 2006 • 112 Posts

Well after Gears the graphics are less impressive. But at the time it released in March 06, I thought it was the best looking game I've ever seen. (I haven't upgraded my comp ever since I went console so I haven't experienced the insanely good graphics in recent PC games.)

Still, I think it's odd for anyone to say it doesn't look fantastic. Saying it looks like a Xbox1 game is a sick joke imho.

Malvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Malvo
Member since 2005 • 183 Posts
No he's right. It doesnt look THAT good. GOW blows it away by far.andrewmickey14
After playing Gears and Rainbow Six Vegas, Oblivions graphics have dated a bit. But they're still amazing, nothing like last gen at all.
DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts
What is it with people like you? Lets look at some facts; GOW - Release Date: Nov 7, 2006 ES4 - Release Date: Mar 20, 2006 That is an 8 month difference. In those 8 months advances were made in 360 programming to make GOW better. You SIMPLY CANNOT put another game against some other game in the graphics department unless they came out in the same month.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#81 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
Oblivion is a very crisp and smooth looking game.If you downloaded the video from xbl marketplace then I see why.Its too dark and grainy from that video.I own the game and it looks way better then that video displays.
michael098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 michael098
Member since 2006 • 3441 Posts
[QUOTE="HD_Gamer_J"]I have spent a long time looking at Oblivion since E3 and thought it was gonna be awesome because the graphics would be amazing even with the fact that it's so huge. I mean the reviews said "Best looking game I've ever seen" in the OXM advertisement. But I recently downloaded the trailer which has actual gameplay footage in it and I have 720p and it didn't look all that special. Kinda like an original Xbox game. What gives?

How have you spent a long time looking at it if you cant see?
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
[QUOTE="andrewmickey14"]No he's right. It doesnt look THAT good. GOW blows it away by far.DarkRider23
What is it with people like you? Lets look at some facts; GOW - Release Date: Nov 7, 2006 ES4 - Release Date: Mar 20, 2006 That is an 8 month difference. In those 8 months advances were made in 360 programming to make GOW better. You SIMPLY CANNOT put another game against some other game in the graphics department unless they came out in the same month.

Its like saying that GeOW owns Call Of Duty 2 at graphics.
NooBAFIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#84 NooBAFIED
Member since 2006 • 4136 Posts
oblivion rocks and i can get a million that quote that
clownofpoetry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 clownofpoetry
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts
Honestly. I just don't like Oblivion. I think it looks great, but it's not my style of gaming. I love the open ended world of it, but it just takes forever to do anything. You got to build yourself up and get more stuff. You also have limited inventory space and the things you have depend on how much they weigh. All of that just isn't worth it to me. It may be a very beautiful game, but I just don't have any desire on spending time with it. That's my two cents.
Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
i love the graphics, even on my standard TV. but im starting to get used to the game though, the spectacles quickly fad away
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts
Oblivion has great graphics, sure their not as good as Gears, but Oblivion came out almost a year ago. And they definitelly don't look like an original Xbox game...
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#88 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="HD_Gamer_J"]I have spent a long time looking at Oblivion since E3 and thought it was gonna be awesome because the graphics would be amazing even with the fact that it's so huge. I mean the reviews said "Best looking game I've ever seen" in the OXM advertisement. But I recently downloaded the trailer which has actual gameplay footage in it and I have 720p and it didn't look all that special. Kinda like an original Xbox game. What gives?

It looks like the original Xbox game?? Rotfl... someone needs to open their eyes more because you obvoiously overlooking something.
ZanzibarNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 ZanzibarNinja
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
Why do people compare Gears to Oblivion? Of course GOW will have better graphics than ES4, its a lot shorter and smaller. Plus, they are both two different games, and the visuals don't make a game.
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts

yeah fo ****

noctoural88

why would you bump a year old thread??
flatline711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 flatline711
Member since 2005 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="noctoural88"]

yeah fo ****

JLei2k

why would you bump a year old thread??

rofl i was so confused y ppl were talking as if Oblivion wasnt out yet, thought i went thro time or something... maybe i should look at the dates the posts were umm posted >_>
cmedabomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 cmedabomb
Member since 2006 • 143 Posts
Well since the game is so vast and it still better than HL2 graphics so,what more do you need?
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#93 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
Edit: Didn't realize this thread was a year old.
Recon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Recon13
Member since 2007 • 682 Posts
I have spent a long time looking at Oblivion since E3 and thought it was gonna be awesome because the graphics would be amazing even with the fact that it's so huge. I mean the reviews said "Best looking game I've ever seen" in the OXM advertisement. But I recently downloaded the trailer which has actual gameplay footage in it and I have 720p and it didn't look all that special. Kinda like an original Xbox game. What gives? HD_Gamer_J
Sorry, but all I can do is laugh at your post... You haven't even played the game??  LOL..  One of the best games for the 360 if not the best!!!  The graphics are great, but thats not whats important.. The Outstanding gameplay is what makes this game!!!  And clearly for someone who hasn't played it................ Wow..  Funny....
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts

yea but he said "original xbox game" ...lol that's totally different.

TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts

[QUOTE="HD_Gamer_J"]I have spent a long time looking at Oblivion since E3 and thought it was gonna be awesome because the graphics would be amazing even with the fact that it's so huge. I mean the reviews said "Best looking game I've ever seen" in the OXM advertisement. But I recently downloaded the trailer which has actual gameplay footage in it and I have 720p and it didn't look all that special. Kinda like an original Xbox game. What gives? Recon13
Sorry, but all I can do is laugh at your post... You haven't even played the game??  LOL..  One of the best games for the 360 if not the best!!!  The graphics are great, but thats not whats important.. The Outstanding gameplay is what makes this game!!!  And clearly for someone who hasn't played it................ Wow..  Funny....

You do know that post you replied to was from FEB. 26,2006, right? An entire month before the game even came out. This thread is over a year old.

Avatar image for Chocoholic_Jedi
Chocoholic_Jedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97 Chocoholic_Jedi
Member since 2005 • 234 Posts

[QUOTE="StupidHenchman"]Just wait...you will love it. Just like Full Auto....underoathswsfoe

\

Full Auto?

Full Auto blows.

that's what we on earth call sarcasm
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Bump.

Old threads FTW.

gamekiller04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 gamekiller04
Member since 2004 • 856 Posts
The graphics are amazing for a free roaming RPG! I mean come on GOW isnt free roaming and would use up far less power than oblivion so the comparison is totally un fair. Wash your eyes out.
Recon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Recon13
Member since 2007 • 682 Posts

[QUOTE="Recon13"][QUOTE="HD_Gamer_J"]I have spent a long time looking at Oblivion since E3 and thought it was gonna be awesome because the graphics would be amazing even with the fact that it's so huge. I mean the reviews said "Best looking game I've ever seen" in the OXM advertisement. But I recently downloaded the trailer which has actual gameplay footage in it and I have 720p and it didn't look all that special. Kinda like an original Xbox game. What gives? TimothyB

You do know that post you replied to was from FEB. 26,2006, right? An entire month before the game even came out. This thread is over a year old.

So, who cares..  I never replied to it before so I did now..  Who cares..