oblivion better than skyrim

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leathaltaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leathaltaco
Member since 2011 • 222 Posts

oblivion was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than skyrim

in skyrim they made the blades the biggest scumbags

remember how awesome the blades were?

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
They're not scumbags, and even if they were--so what?
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
They're not scumbags, and even if they were--so what?
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Minecraft > Skyrim
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

that doesnt matter i never liked the blades,it was nothing but dungeon clearing and the rookie led the guild and the questlines for guilds were low and they watered down the customisation skyrim is greatly overrated and a horrible game

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
nope
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Nope.

Avatar image for MaxPayneKillers
MaxPayneKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MaxPayneKillers
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

That's a matter of personal opinion. In my opinion there's no way.

Prince_Rhymz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Prince_Rhymz
Member since 2012 • 107 Posts
Nope, dark brotherhood quest line is better and that's it
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

Yeah, some of the stuff I like in Oblivion way more, but others not so much.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#12 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5904 Posts

No...it isn't

jrabbit99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 jrabbit99
Member since 2007 • 2836 Posts
all i've played is oblivion and I'm still playing it now. I love it. It has its flaws but it's still incredible. I can't imagine what skyrims like if it's better.
ninjastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ninjastar
Member since 2003 • 9589 Posts

I really liked both but I wouldn't say oblivion is better.

ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2291 Posts

I do agree with TC. I really think Oblivion is better than Skyrim. I put about 400hrs into Oblivion. I had to keep playing and doing the do. Skyrim...I'm anout 120hrs in and I haven't played in a while. Yes Oblivion is better.

roleplayer2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#16 roleplayer2004
Member since 2004 • 921 Posts

Oblivion is a better made game and it has more substance than Skyrim. The only problem is the chicks in Oblivion are fat and ugly while in Skyrim they're smoking hot. Each have their pros and cons.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
the questlines for guilds were low and they watered down the customisation skyrim is greatly overrated and a horrible gamealmasdeathchild
Yiou must be a paid reviewer :P Oblivion was great, Skyrim was better. I really couldnt ask for much more in an RPG.
rangegear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 rangegear
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts
Nope Nope Nope
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
I'm surprised at how many were more satisfied with Skyrim. Oblivion felt more alive to me and I thought the main quest in Oblivion was better.
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
I was a lot more satisfied with Skyrim over Oblivion.
tomo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tomo90
Member since 2005 • 2245 Posts

No way.

Though imo Fallout > Elder Scrolls.

Avatar image for MaxPayneKillers
MaxPayneKillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MaxPayneKillers
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

I'm surprised at how many were more satisfied with Skyrim. Oblivion felt more alive to me and I thought the main quest in Oblivion was better.chilly-chill

Really? It was the complete opposite for me. While I liked Oblivion I simply love Skyrim.

Altair6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Altair6661
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Well, Skyrim has better graphics of course, some improvements such as dual wielding, Dragon Shouts, Dragons themselves, the ability to forge your own weapons and armour, the hunting could actually be fun, etc. But like someone already said, I put over 400 hours in Oblivion. I played it for God only knows how much. And the still isn't boring to me. I could start from scratch right now and not be bored with a single quest. Except the Forlone Watchman, that was boring as hell because it played out slowly. On the other hand, Skyrim blew me away with the new engine, little details, and those improvements I mentioned earlier. But somehow, after finishing the main quest storyline, I had no more interest in it. With Oblivion, I wanted to finish each and every single quest, get every achievement there is, buy all the houses I can, try out all the horses, literally EVERYTHING. Skyrim kept me amused for some time, but Oblivion locked me to a chair for a long long time. I agree, Oblivion is better.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

I'm surprised at how many were more satisfied with Skyrim. Oblivion felt more alive to me and I thought the main quest in Oblivion was better.chilly-chill

Agreed. I dont know if these guys just didnt like the Elder Scrolls series or they're just plain high. Oblivion was a better RPG, it had better quets, side quests, the guilds, the characters, the world & music felt much more bright, colorful & magical.

Skyrim is a great game but it just doesnt have the magic Oblivion has. Skyrim takes itself too seriously, the world is detailed for a more realistic look & in return loses that sense of charm & magic. It super depressing & dull. The music is too serious too.

& WTF is up having no inventory management for your items in chests & storage places. For someone who is a compullsive hoarder in these games i have to go through 50,000 items just to get what i want. It literally, & i mean literally...... breaks the game for me.

I could spend an hour getting the items i want then 5 minutes later come back & want to drop, or switch out items again only to spend another hour looking through my loot. Oblivions inventory worked beautifully, Skyrim there is no point in playing if i cant access my sh!t when i need it.

yazman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yazman666
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts
Well for me oblivion main quest and story line in general was way better than skyrim but i dont think it was a better game in general. What i find a lot better in oblivion was the quest lines were a lot more tied up and it fell all part of the same instance but here in skyrim quests were felt for me like separate and i know they tried to make them all come together but it didnt happen .....but still i hold both games as my fav games of all times ....the witcher is closing in .....!!!!
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
no way. Oblivion was mediocre, Skyrim was amazing
DarthSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarthSatan
Member since 2005 • 4607 Posts

No way.

tomo90

Agreed. Fallout 4 can't come fast enough.

Maor-Teo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Maor-Teo
Member since 2012 • 87 Posts
I disagree.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chilly-chill

[QUOTE="chilly-chill"]I'm surprised at how many were more satisfied with Skyrim. Oblivion felt more alive to me and I thought the main quest in Oblivion was better.brucecambell

Agreed. I dont know if these guys just didnt like the Elder Scrolls series or they're just plain high. Oblivion was a better RPG, it had better quets, side quests, the guilds, the characters, the world & music felt much more bright, colorful & magical.

Skyrim is a great game but it just doesnt have the magic Oblivion has. Skyrim takes itself too seriously, the world is detailed for a more realistic look & in return loses that sense of charm & magic. It super depressing & dull. The music is too serious too.

& WTF is up having no inventory management for your items in chests & storage places. For someone who is a compullsive hoarder in these games i have to go through 50,000 items just to get what i want. It literally, & i mean literally...... breaks the game for me.

I could spend an hour getting the items i want then 5 minutes later come back & want to drop, or switch out items again only to spend another hour looking through my loot. Oblivions inventory worked beautifully, Skyrim there is no point in playing if i cant access my sh!t when i need it.

You covered everything I disliked about Skyrim, well done.

The 100's of hours I invested in Oblivion compared to my one play through of Skyrim pretty much speaks for itself, as there was also really no memorable characters to speak of.

Duke_51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Duke_51
Member since 2008 • 806 Posts

I liked Skyrim, it was fun, but Oblivion just had a certain charm to it. Sometimes it was so ridiculously stupid that I'd literally laugh out loud, it was a blast. Playing as a mage made you pretty much unstoppable... you could make a whole town go nuts and start fighting each other.

I remember going into a bar in Oblivion, becoming friends with everyone in there, then running outside and punching a guard. I'd get him to chase me into the bar and sure enough, everyone in there would go insane and there'd be war between the guards and every citizen in a town. I had hours of fun with this.. but, you just can't do that in Skyrim.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

That's a pretty stupid reason to like one game over another.

That said I agree. Personally I felt Oblivion was far superior to Skyrim.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

oblivion was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than skyrim

in skyrim they made the blades the biggest scumbags

remember how awesome the blades were?

leathaltaco
um okay, your kidding right? that's the only reason why it was better? weak opinion, I personally think Skyrim is a better game, but there were things I liked about Oblivion a tad bit better though, like the magic system.
Chris_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#33 Chris_53
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
Hes entitled to his opinion, but for me, Skyrim is better, though I loved Oblivion also.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts

What now? Take off the nostalgia goggles, bro.

Nope, dark brotherhood quest line is better and that's itPrince_Rhymz
100% agreed.

Avatar image for Notoriginalname
Notoriginalname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Notoriginalname
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Morrowind was better than those two games.

Chemistian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chemistian
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts
The Theives Guild kinda sucked in Skyrim, at least compared to Oblivion. Outside of that, I thought Skyrim was clearly the superior game, even if lacking some of the charm. I also didn't like the fact that in Skyrim the lines between good and evil were blurred. This would be more acceptable if players were given a choice of action, similar perhaps to Mass Effect. Instead, one typically is resigned to whether to continue to interact with the npc giving the storyline, rather than actually make a difference based on conviction. As for Morrowind, the total lack of a combat system makes that game nearly unplayable once you have played the other two. I think that may be nostalgia speaking to say it is on par with these two.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I also like Oblivion a lot more than Skyrim. Between the 360, PC and PS3 versions of Oblivion, I logged over 1,000 hours of play time.

In Skryim, I've only got 87 since its launch, and I haven't even beaten it yet. Granted I do have less gaming time now then I did when Oblivion came out, but with Oblivion I would play it any chance I got. Skryim, not so much, because I lack the interest.

I just don't get the same feeling when playing Skyrim that I got with Oblivion. I can't really explain it because, to be honest, Skyrim might be the "better" game, IMO, yet I don't enjoy it nearly as much. I never got bored of Oblivion, even when I was restarting the game with a new character and playing the same stuff over and over again.

So, I would definitely say that Skyrim disappointed me. Big time. It just doesn't have the...magical feeling that Oblivion had, at least for me.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#38 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Never played Oblivion but several of my frinds played it and SkyRim. They said Oblivion was better. The two I can cmpare are FallOut 3 and SkyRim. I pick SkyRim.

UziKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UziKill
Member since 2012 • 141 Posts

I liked alot of the new elements in Skyrim, but I definitly spent more time playing Oblivion than Skyrim. It felt like Oblivion's world was bigger than Skyrim's.

Both games are great but I would say Oblivion's quest lines and story was better.

theonlylolking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theonlylolking
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

Skyrim is way better than one of the worst RPG's of this gen,Oblivion.

bokka3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 bokka3232
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I think Oblivion is better than Skyrim. Oblivion is far more complexed than Skyrim, it let you create your character to the details, I mean you can chose class and skills, it has fame and infamy, lot more magic, more skills, it has attributes like strength, agility, speed... in skyrim everybody run with same speed, deal same damage with same weapon, jump equally. There is no difference between two nords, or two orcs everybody is the same. Oblivion is real RPG and Skyrim feels like beautiful arcade game with quests.
Pinman_DS9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pinman_DS9
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts

I like both very much but would give the nod to Skyrim. In Oblivion, I liked the side quests more than the main quest. It felt like Martin was the hero of the story instead of me. I felt like his errand girl--do this do that, get him the amulet, water his plants, feed his cat :P I wasn't fond of Oblivion's leveling system either. Homeless bandits I stumble upon in the woods shouldn't have glass armor and weapons just because I'm at a high level.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 chilly-chill

I replayed Oblivion a multitude of times, but with Skyrim I just don't feel it. I had to force myself to finish Skyrim...

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

[QUOTE="tomo90"]

No way.

DarthSatan

Agreed. Fallout 4 can't come fast enough.

I'm with you guys

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
The only thing that Oblivion has over Skyrim is the Guild's storyline length. I wish they were as long in Skyrim than they were in Oblivion.
nick36001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nick36001
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts
No one has mentioned the arena? I loved doing it! the guy who would follow you around after you killed the champion would follow you around and you would take him to the highest point in oblivion and then shoot him in the face with an arrow and re load just to do it again. I loved the quest lines better and felt like i could develop my character more to my liking. I was much my immersed in oblivion then in skyrim. Plus it was my first elder scrolls game. Since then iv played daggerfall. That game was glitchy as hell and unplayable. Morrowind is okay but the combat just turned me off. All in all Oblivion was the best TES game by far.
lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

I bought skyrim back in December and I am still playing it. It is definitely one of my favorites, but it is certainly not without its flaws. I must have been lucky or something because I do not think I ever encountered as many glitches while playing Oblivion as I have on Skyrim.

I really enjoy the ability to equip weapons or spells in either hand, but I wish they had kept spell creation and that they had not consolidated the schools of magic. Mysticism for example is gone, absorbed into the other schools. Of course the same sort of criticism could be leveled against Oblivion for having a more simplfied magic system than Morrowind.

I do feel the environment is certainly an improvement over the rather drab landscape of Oblivion. The attention to detail is really astounding. Still the most interesting of the series in terms of environment was probably Morrowind.

It is too early to really compare Skyrim to Oblivion in terms of its expansion content, but I can say while Dawnguard is a step above most of the DLC on Oblivion, it does not come anywhere close to the size and qaulity of The Shivering Isles. I hope see dlc for Skyrim on the same level as The Shivering Isles in the near future.

Both games are relatively easy. Perhaps one point of criticism that could be leveled at both was how relatively easy it was to max out in terms of gear. My memory is admittedly foggy when it comes to my item progression in Oblivion, but I do remember it was relatively easy to get really strong weapons and armor even early on. Mehrunes Razor, a dagger that can instantly kill, comes to mind. In Skyrim all anyone had to do was get to lv90 in blacksmithing and make daedric armor and weapons maybe throw on an enchantment and you had the best stuff in the game. I feel it should be more difficult than that.

The biggest disappointment I see with Skyrim is the main quest line. I simply did not feel that the story was all that interesting or as epic as that of Oblivion's. It felt short and very anticlimatic. I would also have to say that I did not like the blades very much either. They acted like jerks at the end. Needless to say we certainly parted ways.

In conclusion, Skyrim has an interesting environment, and the gameplay is fun. But it is plagued with glitches on a level I rarely encounter in a video game. The main quest line is less than satisfying, and even on the highest difficulty level I still find it to be less challanging than most rpgs I have played. All I am saying is that I watched my horse stomp a elder dragon to death yesterday. Something seems wrong here. Skyrim takes a step forward for the series in some aspects, but a step backwards in others.

platniumgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 platniumgamer
Member since 2011 • 3960 Posts

never liked oblivion for some reason. find skyrim a lot better.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

While this is obviously a troll thread, I actually agree.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44569 Posts
I like the quests better in Oblivion, Skyrim's quests feel so cookie cutter, Oblivion's quests are more dynamic, though I like Skyrim's leveling and skills system better so each game is a mix bag of pros and cons.