MW2 airport massacre mission

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dreamerdude26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 Dreamerdude26
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts
Yeah, I pulled the trigger. In all honesty, it wasn't nearly as bad as a lot of people were making it out to bed. If you just sit there and look at it, it can be disturbing. The fact is though is that I know it's a game and games don't freak me out in that way. I understand what they were trying to do, and I think they did as best a job as they could. Games should be allowed to have the types of things in them if they are going to move forward and be taken seriously by the mainstream instead of always being seen as kids toys.
donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

i tried but those bastards shot most of em before i could!

FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

I did it, didn't shoot though. But the level is pretty important to the story, so what I want to know is how they set up the rest of the story if you don't play that level?

Also, I don't think that it was TOO bad. Honestly, the level that hit me more was seeing the capital building burning, it was just weird...and amazing how that doesn't make the news, but killing civilians in Russia does, go figure.

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#54 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

On my first time through I shot the crowd in the beginning but didn't shoot any other. On my second play through I shot a couple of civilians.

famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts

I did it, didn't shoot though. But the level is pretty important to the story, so what I want to know is how they set up the rest of the story if you don't play that level?

Also, I don't think that it was TOO bad. Honestly, the level that hit me more was seeing the capital building burning, it was just weird...and amazing how that doesn't make the news, but killing civilians in Russia does, go figure.

FadeToBlack90
basically when you skip it, you dont see the reason for the war you are in so it wont make any sense the reason it wasn't on the news was because we were EMP'd and all our communications went down. I loved the missions going through washington when all that chaos was going on. AMAZING.
FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

[QUOTE="FadeToBlack90"]

famoussasjohn

basically when you skip it, you dont see the reason for the war you are in so it wont make any sense the reason it wasn't on the news was because we were EMP'd and all our communications went down. I loved the missions going through washington when all that chaos was going on. AMAZING.

I think you miss understood my second statement, LoL. I meant make the real news, like the whole hoopla over the airport level.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Played it and shot occasionally.

MasterArbitur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#58 MasterArbitur
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts

I played through it and I could've sworn I shot a baby in its face

DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts
I killed everyone It's a video game
DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts

I played through it and I could've sworn I shot a baby in its face

MasterArbitur
Thats how champs do it.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I tried to kill as many people as I could.. and then I went back through the mission a few times. I honestly had a lot of fun. I'm surprised people in this day and age are so uptight and sensitive about this stuff.. I mean it's just a game. They're really missing out.
RepusSirhc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 RepusSirhc
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I played it. I didn't shoot the first time I played, but had to when playing it on Veteran.
D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts
I played it. I pulled the trigger, all the way through it.
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I shot everyone, even the dead people.

They're not real so there's no sense of an emotional connection. You wouldn't be offended if someone ate Sour Patch Kids would you?

ThePRAssassin

R.I.P sour patch kid...

Sick people.. sick..

MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

Didn't skip but I didn't shoot a single NPC. Didn't see the appeal to mowing down unarmed, innocent civilians.

Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

I played it and pulled the trigger, I figured I'd play it as intended. When it really hit me is when you reach the end of the mission (trying to avoid spoilers here).

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Wakanoid

Didn't skip but I didn't shoot a single NPC. Didn't see the appeal to mowing down unarmed, innocent civilians.

MsCortana

And you wonder why he knew you were a spy...

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
played it... made you think of how a bad guy is.
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
I didn't skip it. It was part of the campaign and intended to be played. I shot some of them, in fact I thought if you didn't pull the trigger the terrorists would be on to you and you would fail haha. I think the scene gets across the point it intends to: it makes you feel bad when you do it.
Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts

I played it, pulled the trigger. I'm smart enough to be able todifferentiate fantasyfrom reality.

TJORLY
This.
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#71 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
Played it and didn't shoot it seemed more enjoyable to see what the A.I was doing
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
It's so boring that I sip it everytime
fib112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#73 fib112
Member since 2002 • 249 Posts

Yea, I was really surprised by that scene. I mean, I don't really care and it didn't offend me, but I thought it was pretty risky to put out a scene like that in an airport, considering today's sensibilities.

Bl3ss_The_F4ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bl3ss_The_F4ll
Member since 2009 • 190 Posts

Played it and was the first one to start shooting xD

famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts

[QUOTE="famoussasjohn"][QUOTE="FadeToBlack90"]

FadeToBlack90

I think you miss understood my second statement, LoL. I meant make the real news, like the whole hoopla over the airport level.

oh lol. because america is dumb and tries to find ways to bash something that they have no clue what they are talking about. just like FOX news said the game makes you a terrorist and you have to kill people to get "points" too bad they are dumb and base their comments on speculation and have not seen the level themselves.

but not as dumb as other countries, that banned the scene like australia.

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Wakanoid

[QUOTE="FadeToBlack90"]

famoussasjohn

IF only EMPS were like that in multiplayer :(

Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Soapweed
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

I played it and I just walked next to makarov and killed people. While I can see what IW was trying to do, I think there would have been a greater impact if we had actually played as a terrorist rather than playing as a CIA operative under cover.

Lose the Hollywood style that was in COD4 and MW2, IW. It's getting kind of dull.

xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

Guys COME ON its not real people your killing your shooting little pieces of software lol dont feel bad it aint real!

hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

Noob tubed all the way. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHV5uopEJBw Lol.Next-Gen-Tec

Benny Hill, making anything funny with that song.

oh, and yes. I pulled da trigga.

micmea668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 micmea668
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I didn't really think too much on it after it was over, it was pretty mind screwin' for a bit. But I didn't lose any sleep over it.

I agree with most of the other posters, without playing that level you do miss a huge chunk of the story so skipping is only really there to please parents of young gamers (AKA anyone under 18.) Overall it was a fairly well done section of scripted slaughter. There's been civilian deaths in films before now, books and all sorts of other games. Why should this game be singled out for it?

Meh...

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

How many of you skipped this one. And to those that didnt skip it. Did you pull the trigger?

VIRGIN_ISLANDER

I didn't skip it and yes I pulled the trigger...it's a video game, people need to relax