Most dissapointing game on the 360.

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danzilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 danzilla3
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

So what do you think was the most dissapointing game on the 360? The game does not have to be truly bad, maybe it just didnt live up to your hopes. Mine is Prototype.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Research, reviews, word of mouth, gameplay videos etc....all prevent this feeling "disappointment".

but FAR CRY 2 was a real downer.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#3 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Maybe Gears of War 2. It was so glitchy at launch. And so many of my friends just quit playing the game because of it that by the time it was patched up I had hardly anyone to play it with.

polarman87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 polarman87
Member since 2009 • 429 Posts

yeah i was pretty let down by far cry 2 as well

danzilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 danzilla3

Research, reviews, word of mouth, gameplay videos etc....all prevent this feeling "disappointment".

DranzarTypeF
I read reviews, watch the gameplay videos, ect, but sometimes your still end up with a dissapointing game.
fabletome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 fabletome
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

I was realy dissapointed at guitar hero world tour I mean ther wher the same songs FOR EVERY INSTRUMENT I think they should have worked harder andhad atleast a couple different songs for each insrument and the online play was terrible. I spent 40 dollars and only got 15 for a trade in.:cry:

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

danzilla3

I read reviews, watch the gameplay videos, ect, but sometimes your still end up with a dissapointing game.

Maybe rent it first ? lol

danzilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danzilla3

[QUOTE="danzilla3"][QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

DranzarTypeF

Does it make you feel good to tear others down? lol
DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DranzarTypeF

[QUOTE="DranzarTypeF"]

[QUOTE="danzilla3"] I read reviews, watch the gameplay videos, ect, but sometimes your still end up with a dissapointing game.danzilla3

Does it make you feel good to tear others down? lol

Yes ! I get a tingly feeling, like winning the lottery lol.:D

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I read reviews, watch the gameplay videos, ect, but sometimes your still end up with a dissapointing game.danzilla3

This has never happened to me. I have never been disappointed by a game I researched first.

danzilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danzilla3

[QUOTE="danzilla3"]I read reviews, watch the gameplay videos, ect, but sometimes your still end up with a dissapointing game.Palantas

This has never happened to me. I have never been disappointed by a game I researched first.

Well perhaps one day i can be as perfect as you.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#12 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Far Cry 2 and Dead Rising.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Far Cry 2 and Mercenaries 2.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Well perhaps one day i can be as perfect as you.danzilla3

Perhaps. You might consider looking into demos.

rns1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rns1016
Member since 2009 • 322 Posts
Far Cry 2 and Dead Rising.orb_03_2006
Agreed
ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

halo 3 because i thiught halo 2 was more fun

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DranzarTypeF

halo 3 because i thiught halo 2 was more fun

ahnzz

16 posts, longer than I expected, but yet inevitable...

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Oblivion is the only game I hyped and one of the main reasons I wanted an Xbox 360. It was the biggest letdown I have had besides Conker on the Xbox as far as games go that is. It felt so stripped the story was just so dull and considering Morrowind is my third favorite game it was just unbelievably disappointing. After that I haven't hyped a single game and I never trust reviews anymore.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DranzarTypeF

Oblivion is the only game I hyped and one of the main reasons I wanted an Xbox 360. It was the biggest letdown I have had besides Conker on the Xbox as far as games go that is. It felt so stripped the story was just so dull and considering Morrowind is my third favorite game it was just unbelievably disappointing. After that I haven't hyped a single game and I never trust reviews anymore.

craigalan23

I agree, I think the thing that killed it for most people was the dullness and lack of motivation to do the main quest...boring game overall.

Remora133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Remora133
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

So what do you think was the most dissapointing game on the 360? The game does not have to be truly bad, maybe it just didnt live up to your hopes. Mine is Prototype.

danzilla3
thats sad you think that. prototype was epic. mine is timeshift. an abortion of a game
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]

DranzarTypeF

I agree, I think the thing that killed it for most people was the dullness and lack of motivation to do the main quest...boring game overall.

The main quest had to be the worst part.. Lets repeat the Oblivion gate quest what six times? I had no motivation whatsoever to finish the main quest once I got to that part it was a fun game but not that great.
danzilla3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danzilla3
[QUOTE="danzilla3"]

Remora133
thats sad you think that. prototype was epic. mine is timeshift. an abortion of a game

I didnt think prototype was a bad game. I just thought it wasnt as good as it should have been.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

I was realy dissapointed at guitar hero world tour I mean ther wher the same songs FOR EVERY INSTRUMENT I think they should have worked harder andhad atleast a couple different songs for each insrument and the online play was terrible. I spent 40 dollars and only got 15 for a trade in.:cry:

fabletome

especally if you bought rockband 2 lol they both have almost every song as one another,

but the worst game i actually played was perfect dark zero , the legacy behind the name it self speaks for it self ,, ive never seen a single game as easy as this one and as content less as this one , itsn ot even funny

vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
assassin's creed, not a bad game just not as good as i thought it would be
narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

assassin creed is nice but gameplay is repetitive

street fighter 4 is fine too but is the same as old ST alpha but with nice graphics

Marvel ultimate alliance 2 is ok but is almost the same as the older one

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#26 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Too many to list.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mitu123

[QUOTE="fabletome"]

mariokart64fan

especally if you bought rockband 2 lol they both have almost every song as one another,

but the worst game i actually played was perfect dark zero , the legacy behind the name it self speaks for it self ,, ive never seen a single game as easy as this one and as content less as this one , itsn ot even funny

That's because going by your GT, you only played it on Agent, play it on the hardest difficulty Dark Agent and we'll talk.

And if you want an easy game, play Fable 1, LOL.

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#28 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts

DranzarTypeF
Ah man, I actually liked that game. In recent memory, I'll go with Gears of War 2 -- it just didn't replicate the amazement I had playing the original. Also, GTA IV -- not my idea of a great game.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#29 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

[QUOTE="fabletome"]

mitu123

That's because going by your GT, you only played it on Agent, play it on the hardest difficulty Dark Agent and we'll talk.

Oh hell yeah Perfect Dark Zero on Dark Agent was really hard......No way would you of found it easy if you played Dark A. I was let down by Merc 2, Too Human, Splinter Cel DA.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mitu123
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"] especally if you bought rockband 2 lol they both have almost every song as one another,

K1LLR3175

Oh hell yeah Perfect Dark Zero on Dark Agent was really hard......No way would you of found it easy if you played Dark A. I was let down by Merc 2, Too Human, Splinter Cel DA.

True, but that user only played on Agent(easy), LOL.
Kenbo325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Kenbo325
Member since 2009 • 1177 Posts
Mercenaries 2
Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
GTA IV. How the hell did it get a perfect 10. Lots of content, but didn't make it any more fun. Bioshock was boring halfway through as well, I haven't trusted the 9+ reviews ever since. I'm kind of scared to buy Mass Effect. It looks like it could be decent but after all the 9+ rated games like Halo 3 etc. I have to only go for stuff I know I'll like beforehand :(
Mythomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mythomniac
Member since 2009 • 1695 Posts
Prototype. no where near being worth $60.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="mitu123"] That's because going by your GT, you only played it on Agent, play it on the hardest difficulty Dark Agent and we'll talk.

mitu123

I look forward to going through that game again on my new profile. Now all I need is a 360 lol

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

polarman87

What's wrong with Far Cry 2? I find it a breath of fresh air in the FPS genre, at least it tried to bring new features to the FPS genre. Also I paid $20 brand new for it last week. :D

On topic, Fable 2 was the biggest disappointment for me this gen. The main quest was too boring and predicable, the character growth was lame and where the **** is the "hundreds" of weapons and armour Peter Molyneux promised?

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

halo 3

campaign was trash

ACAClA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ACAClA
Member since 2008 • 1186 Posts

fable 2. prototype. batman AA. just to name a few

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#38 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

polarman87
this
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

[QUOTE="danzilla3"]

Remora133

I quite enjoyed TimeShift. Very fun action game, with great atmosphere and sweet powers! It never got old to kill an enemy, rewind time to revive him and then kill him with a new weapon! :)

Anways, I cant think of any that Ive tried. I normally do a good deal of research on the games I think about buying.

I if have to name one, then maybe Blacksite. I love alien/sci fi stuff, and I read some did enjoy it. It was said to have bugs, but other games have been said about that too. But blacksite really had A LOT of bugs! It had a few cool stuff in it, but games that are so buggy really grinds me! Cant believe a company would even release a game in that state.

dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

Mass Effect. In saying that, I've only played the first mission. The combat is really strange and there are framerate issues which get annoying. I'll keep going, hopefully I'll go to like it like I did with Fallout 3.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mimic-Denmark

[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"][QUOTE="mitu123"] That's because going by your GT, you only played it on Agent, play it on the hardest difficulty Dark Agent and we'll talk.

mitu123

I think I only completed zero on the second difficulty! ;) To get to dark agent you have to complete it on perfect agent, and that was insanely hard :)

So yeah, VERY FAR from being one of the easiest games.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

fable 2. prototype. batman AA. just to name a few

ACAClA

first person i hear that dont like batman , can i ask why because i thinking in get it

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts
Mass Effect. Also, Red Faction Guerrilla in a way. I guess I expected too much from it.
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mimic-Denmark

Mass Effect. Also, Red Faction Guerrilla in a way. I guess I expected too much from it.RobboElRobbo

Red Faction! Thats easily my favorite game of the year so far.

What didnt you like about it?

MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

i dont know about the MOST dissapointing. cuz i havent played every 360 game. but to me. my most dissapointing game. was R6V2

VicousPopTart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VicousPopTart
Member since 2009 • 136 Posts

Left 4 Dead. Got boring after 2 campaigns.

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DranzarTypeF

GTA IV. How the hell did it get a perfect 10. Lots of content, but didn't make it any more fun. Bioshock was boring halfway through as well, I haven't trusted the 9+ reviews ever since. I'm kind of scared to buy Mass Effect. It looks like it could be decent but after all the 9+ rated games like Halo 3 etc. I have to only go for stuff I know I'll like beforehand :(Jordo321
Are you saying that Bioshock didn't deserve a 9 ? and Mass Effect is kinda in the same boat it's an RPG shooter , you don't just go around killing stuff lol, which is probably what you'd prefer in a shooter right lol ?

xFL4WL3SSx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xFL4WL3SSx
Member since 2009 • 1018 Posts

Gears of War 2.

RobboElRobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RobboElRobbo
Member since 2009 • 13668 Posts

[QUOTE="RobboElRobbo"]Mass Effect. Also, Red Faction Guerrilla in a way. I guess I expected too much from it.mimic-Denmark

Red Faction! Thats easily my favorite game of the year so far.

What didnt you like about it?

I expected there to be more missions. I love it, but it was over too fast.
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
Mercanaries 2, GHWT, and Too Human though i still like it alot, i got bored of it pretty fast