LIVE problems: keep all discussion here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

User Lists: 0

#251 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

this is only the 2nd time for me that it doesn't work. i might have something to do with the new year. cause it only jacked up for me one time and its wasn't a long time a few weeks ago. whats embarasing is how long microsoft will let this to continue.

anybody else notice other things are jacked up, like certain other web site.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#252 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
Day 4 on my not being able to load my dashboard... i'm getting a little frustrated now...
Shadow7871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#253 Shadow7871
Member since 2006 • 138 Posts
Mine works fine though I had problems though give it some time
Avatar image for Tornith_Barbith
Tornith_Barbith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#254 Tornith_Barbith
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I would like to make a quick comment on this XBL crap.

I was a network engineer for 10yrs, and worked with hosting companies for 15yrs. I suspect that Xbox Live might being getting a DoS attack (Denial of Service). I believe this because look at their post, why are they not saying what is happening? Why are they not going into depth with their legacy users or something? Plus MajorNelson's comments have been more than telling with a DoS attack. If you know anything about these, they occur with a flood of packets to a host network or IP address. This causes latency and in and out connections. Because 'Nelson has stated that it is "slowly getting better by the hour" indicates to me that the DoS is dying down. This would more than likely be the case because of the port forwarding that has to occur in order to have an Open NAT. Easy target for 'hackers' maliciously trying to attack someone.

Ok not a DoS attack? Alright, then why would a billion dollar company not invest in higher capacity networks in order to support the mass of new users over the holidays? Or the release of video streaming, downloads, new front ends?

This might raise more questions then answers, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

jd7-03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#255 jd7-03
Member since 2003 • 6140 Posts
This is really burning me up, and MS isn't even acting like it's a big deal!Weare paying $50 a year and don't even get dedicated servers for games! COD4 for the PC, like Halo 3, uses the match making system and makes a player the host. This brings in all sorts of problems, PS3 owners however have dedicated servers, matches support more people and its all free! It almost seems as if I'm paying MS the $50 a year for nothing, the servers that are offered contain overpriced DLC in which I shell out more money for.
steveken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 steveken
Member since 2003 • 29 Posts
This has been a problem for me since the 2007 Fall Dashboard Update came down. Every since I got that I can't get the screens to load up very quickly at all. Only once have I had a Live game work well and that was only with Uno. Every time I try to get PGR3 or GH3 or any other multiplayer game going, it just won't work right.
ChromeGrill212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#257 ChromeGrill212
Member since 2006 • 1644 Posts
daam now Xbox Live is luckily working for me for sum reason... i didnt try to see if it worked today but it was working perfect for me last night when i used it..
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#258 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
wow, it's not just me. Earlier today I couldn't even get a Halo 3 match without lagging out. It started a couple days ago. Hopefully it'll be fixed up soon.
brokenskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 brokenskillz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

can someone please help me. Everytime when I try to play guitar Hero 3 online,I got to quickmatch, searchfor a game andit says joining game for like almost a minute and eventually never does join the game. I can play online for guitar hero 3 in custom games but not quickmatches. Also I can play Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 just fine online (and my other live games) so I do not think it's my connection that's the problem.

Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#260 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts

I knew there wuz going to be a sticky on this, and ive only played like 4 games of TF2, I really want to try out the sniper more.

ARG!!!!

brokenskillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 brokenskillz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
same here with COD4. It searches for matches for like an hour. It keeps going on and on through searches.I only got to play one match today because of this crap.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce
deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#262 deactivated-5f3e2de3956ce
Member since 2004 • 2175 Posts

Just to throw this out there, Live tends to work better later at night for me. I don't know if it's the same way with anyone else, but, again, just putting it out there.

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#263 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
It only works for me late at night...
deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

fun xbl is down again for me AGAIN while all my friends console works

and of coures xbox is " up and running" according to xbox

Tornith_Barbith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Tornith_Barbith
I wish they would just let us know what's going on.
cynful2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 cynful2008
Can anyone tell me how to add yr own created character on Smackdown vs raw 2008 live? I have no clue how to add him and use him to wrestle with him. Please someone tell me....
LongLiveS500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 LongLiveS500
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
whenever i log into live, my friends see me online the ni suddenly go offline. But i fi staretd a private chat prior to the offline status change i can still talk to them.
deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

Can anyone tell me how to add yr own created character on Smackdown vs raw 2008 live? I have no clue how to add him and use him to wrestle with him. Please someone tell me....cynful2008

buddy this isnt the thread to do it in

and abou xbl it seems for me like they got it working for now is anyone else having any problems

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#269 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts

[QUOTE="cynful2008"]Can anyone tell me how to add yr own created character on Smackdown vs raw 2008 live? I have no clue how to add him and use him to wrestle with him. Please someone tell me....deathshand707

buddy this isnt the thread to do it in

and abou xbl it seems for me like they got it working for now is anyone else having any problems

Seems to be ok. I'm un-stickying this thread; here's hoping it doesn't have to go back up anytime soon.
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
I thought at first I was having trouble with a new patch for one of my games, but then the dashboard started acting up a bit, saying it could retrieve this thing or that. The only other time I had trouble with Live is the same day everyone else did, the day Halo 3 was released.
darkSIDEechoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#271 darkSIDEechoes
Member since 2007 • 3375 Posts

Anyone else STILL having trouble with connecting to private chats on live? I haven't been able to join one since before Xmas.

Jeez...ever since that new Live update, everything has been so much slower and glitchier. I don't even like the new Live. Of course they had to screw it up when it was starting to get normal.

vegemitethis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 vegemitethis
Member since 2006 • 97 Posts
Last night i got 4 hours of cod4 in but for some reason this morning i cant seem to get into any games. Anyone know why?
Tornith_Barbith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Tornith_Barbith

I've notice when you look at how many players are on line for COD4 before choosing a game type that under 150,000 works fine. It's when everyone gets home from school or work and signs on that it begins to time out on everyone.

98scoutgandia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#274 98scoutgandia
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

am i the only guy who doesnt have a problem w/ xbox live? and what is good about PSN?

And I really can't get Microsoft, they're the only console w/o wifi and u still hav to buy the wireless adaptor.....

I hope they would make the Xbox live Gold have a reasonable price....