Left 4 Dead is Like Crack!!!!!

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

I think Left for Dead is a stunning game! I am happy with only having 4 campaigns to play through at the moment as it means I can really make the most of each one. I always seem to find something new every time I play, like the other day when I was at the end of Dead Air, I went into the toilet to look for goodies and found a zombie lying face down in a urinal! Also I think the character dialogue is really entertaining, Louis has some great lines in the game.

Props to anyone who has finished all 4 campaigns on the hardest setting. I have got to the first safe house on Death Toll on the hardest setting but not much further.

As for DLC, I am really looking forward to what Valve have to offer. I have my fingers crossed for a flame thrower and the infamous Shopping Mall level.

I am yet to play the full game of Bioshock. I have the Demo and think its pretty good. I have seen the game selling for £12.00 so might pick it up some time. At the moment I am enjoying Left for Dead too much to want to play any other game.

DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
It a great game. At least for me. What they need is more map and the ability to play all the maps in versus.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#53 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
It's great just short on content to keep me playing
Lucpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Lucpus
Member since 2008 • 69 Posts
left 4 dead is one of my favorite online and offline games ever!
aaman4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 aaman4567
Member since 2005 • 395 Posts
left4dead does rock!!!!!!! i smoke l4d like 20 times a day
Duckynevada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Duckynevada
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
i got the game 2 days ago and i agree only thing is ive beat the game 4 times already its only like 2 hrs if you play with some good friends so it needs waaay more content but other than that i agree
skinny_man_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#57 skinny_man_69
Member since 2005 • 5147 Posts

This game is phenomanally fun. If you have four real team mates (not AI) on Advanced or Expert....it is the single most intense and hilarous experience ever. The Special Infected and the Horde coupled with the AI Director makes every time I play through completely different and each time I finish a campaign I have at least five memorable moments. It is simply the best co-op shooter and I do not understand how people can say it is boring unless they are playing on easy with AI team mates.

WingedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 WingedHero
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
Left 4 dead is quite possibly the worst game I've played in as long as I can remember. Horrible. I agree with you about Bioshock.DaD0ughb0y
Wow, talk about bad taste.
Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#59 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts
This smells of troll, but on the off-chance TC is legit, I will say that this game is meant to be played with human teammates using mics. The game is pretty fun single player, and really quite fun in splitscreen, but the real meat of L4D is online. It's a freaking blast to play as survivors through the scenarios on higher difficulty settings, and arguably more fun playing the versus mode switching between survivors and zombies. There are very few experiences in gaming more rewarding than all four survivors plowing their way into a safe room with life bars in the red, reviving incapacitated teammates at the door, etc. If you're not playing it with people who work together and communicate, you're missing the point.
Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
It's true, I have the PC version but damn the VS mode is amazing... I love playing as the infected so much.
jskate28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 jskate28
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
I love L4D. I feel like it's meant to be played on harder difficulties to emphasize team work. That might be why some people got bored quickly. I hope Valve doesn't crap out on the DLC like they did with TF2. I don't mind paying for it but I'm gonna want some new maps soon.
krovak0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 krovak0000
Member since 2004 • 214 Posts

I think Left 4 dead is one of the best, if not the best, game to come out for XBL users.

P.S. Bioshock is a decent game, but isn't as good as everyone says it is.

Heroldp813

Ya and president Bush had good grammar.... No, L4d SUCKS

GenDestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GenDestro
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I know what you mean man, it is rediculously addictive. Even though it's the same 4 maps over and over again I don't get tired of it. Still have yet to beat an entire campaign on expert though. As for DLC, I think they should have a map editor and allow you to create maps and share them with friends.
spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts
[QUOTE="Heroldp813"]

I think Left 4 dead is one of the best, if not the best, game to come out for XBL users.

I totally agree
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts
[QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"][QUOTE="DaD0ughb0y"] I play everything. FPS, RPGs, MMO, the occasional racer, Madden's, Tiger's, Horror Escapes, whatever. I'll give you the fact that it does appear to be a nice looking game, but that's about all I can say positive about it. Left 4 Dead is nothing more than the bonus level for World at War. While fun for a little bit, hardly worth a whole game.DaD0ughb0y

They don't just throw more zombies at you they make it harder by how much damage is done; also the fact that the game has an AI Director is amazing!! it's an amazing game to play with friends....but if u don't have any friends.....or none of them play the game it would be kinda dull......also u really have to immerse yourself in the games atmosphere! it's a trip man I love it!!!

So does the zombie level on WaW. They increase the number, speed, and damage of the zombies as you go up in difficulty. Just a bonus, not a whole game. *yawn*

Did you just fire up L4D for 10 minutes or something? The Nazi Zombie bonus level is nothing like L4D except that there are zombies. Do you have an objective in NZ besides stay alive? No. Do you leave the 1 building in NZ? No. You don't like the game - fine that's your op. The fact remains that it is wildly successful, tons of online games going all the time and is critically praised over and over again from multiple media sources. It appears that our TC is in the majority and you are not. L4D is a fantastic game and was brilliantly designed - even if the graphics are getting dated.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#66 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Versus mode with friends is soooo fun and its very satisfying when you finish off a team of survivors with the smoker or tank hehe, good time :P
Deltapixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Deltapixel
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
Left 4 dead is quite possibly the worst game I've played in as long as I can remember. Horrible. I agree with you about Bioshock.DaD0ughb0y
+1 Everything about this game feels last gen.
ratavaquera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68 ratavaquera
Member since 2005 • 732 Posts
its awesome and there are some "hidden" shorter ways or rooms to survive easier but Expert, its... AWESOME its a great game, but everybody thinks its "unfinished": 4 "movies" 5 levels per "movie" = 20 maps+ awesome audio+ decent graphics + great characters too bad there are only 10 maps for versus mode :(
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#69 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

its awesome and there are some "hidden" shorter ways or rooms to survive easier but Expert, its... AWESOME its a great game, but everybody thinks its "unfinished": 4 "movies" 5 levels per "movie" = 20 maps+ awesome audio+ decent graphics + great characters too bad there are only 10 maps for versus mode :(ratavaquera

Its funny how people say its unfinished and yet i have more hours logged into this game then any other game this gen (100+ hours on PC and 25+ on 360).

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#70 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

This game is fun but needs ALOT (More maps, more multiplayer modes etc.) more content for me to even consider buying this game hopefully Valve won't be greedy bastards and screw us over by making us pay andlet PC have the content for free.

reo-117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#71 reo-117
Member since 2007 • 478 Posts

love the game too it's great when I want something different from COD or Halo or Gears but for $60 valve did not put enough content on the disk. only two of the levels are playable in versus are you kidding me. Should have been a $40 game. I didn't expect something like this out of valve after getting such a greadt deal with the orange box.

Hey its better than most $50 wii games.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]Left 4 Dead is one of the worst games Ive ever played.Heroldp813

wow, just wow:o

Don't worry b/c if you look at this guys profile it seems like he doesn't even have a xbox. Also, every game he makes a comment on, it always seems like he bashes the game, regardless of the game. So what games do you play?, I'm interested to know

I dont even have an Xbox? Are you blind? Look at my games, its obvious that Im an Xbox gamer...

And most of what I play is Mass Effect, World at War, Saints Row 2, and a little bit of Gears2 Private matches.

Theres nothing for Left 4 Dead to be a good game! 4 "campaigns" that are so boring that Id rather play Vampire Rain than this PoS game. 1 multiplayer mode thats the same thing over and over, and only 2 versus map. No story at all. The game completely sucks. And dont say this crappy game is "revolutionary" because of its AI director. The zombies are always in the same general area, and theres no variation the the special zombies. The only special zombie thats actually worth noting is the tank.

Edit- And what games do I bash?! I critisize every game because no game is perfect and Ill always find a flaw in the games I play.

ThaEvilTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ThaEvilTurtle
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Heroldp813"]

spendinbig
I totally agree

I totally agee with him 2.LOL
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

I love L4D. I feel like it's meant to be played on harder difficulties to emphasize team work. That might be why some people got bored quickly. I hope Valve doesn't crap out on the DLC like they did with TF2. I don't mind paying for it but I'm gonna want some new maps soon.jskate28

Yes please do me a favor a and let these guys know that expert is the only way to play this game. If your playing on a level lower then that, you have no right to give me an opinion and expect to be respected by everyone else who has played the game this way

qcmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 qcmatt
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

L4D is one of the best game this year

fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts

[QUOTE="jskate28"]I love L4D. I feel like it's meant to be played on harder difficulties to emphasize team work. That might be why some people got bored quickly. I hope Valve doesn't crap out on the DLC like they did with TF2. I don't mind paying for it but I'm gonna want some new maps soon.Heroldp813

Yes please do me a favor a and let these guys know that expert is the only way to play this game. If your playing on a level lower then that, you have no right to give me an opinion and expect to be respected by everyone else who has played the game this way

I doubt we will get DLC soon, I mean this is valve we are talking about...if they do announce anything please consult this: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#77 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
Whenever someone bashed L4D for only having 4 campaigns I tell them to go to this site: http://www.l4dmods.com/ Yes there are FREE campaigns being made right now so withiin a couple of months definitely expect lots of new campaigns for free. :D
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

Whenever someone bashed L4D for only having 4 campaigns I tell them to go to this site: http://www.l4dmods.com/ Yes there are FREE campaigns being made right now so withiin a couple of months definitely expect lots of new campaigns for free. :Ddeath919

Thank you b/c these haters are driving me crazy. I can't believe people hate on something that is loved by others. I mean there is other ways to seperate your self from the crowd

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
yup, amazing game
cod5gamerkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cod5gamerkid
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Left 4 dead is a great game and I love playing it 2! I love the hunter online and always is good @ the game!
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
This game is awful. For 60$ brand new it comes with about 20$ worth of content. There is really way too much room for improvement. Versus mode doesnt even have all the available stages from the campaign. The game is good for a week but after that it becomes a chore to play. Im an achievement junkie and even these achievements dont give me the reason or the drive to want to play through the game after the first time. Versus mode is its only redeeming factor and that gets stale very fast with the lack of levels.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
it's amazing, cant wait to play it with my friends later tonight
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#83 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I love it to, but if you dont have a mic online it sucks that most people boot you from the game.