Left 4 Dead is Like Crack!!!!!

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

I think Left 4 dead is one of the best, if not the best, game to come out for XBL users.

P.S. Bioshock is a decent game, but isn't as good as everyone says it is.

DaD0ughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DaD0ughb0y
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Left 4 dead is quite possibly the worst game I've played in as long as I can remember. Horrible. I agree with you about Bioshock.
coldtrimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 coldtrimz
Member since 2005 • 301 Posts

lol its a good game but not the best.

It lacks what can make it the best, has plenty of room for improvment,

Lets hope for L4D 2! or some DLC.

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#4 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
L4D is good but not that good
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
i haven't played either of those games :(....but i really want to pick them both up
cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
love the game too it's great when I want something different from COD or Halo or Gears but for $60 valve did not put enough content on the disk. only two of the levels are playable in versus are you kidding me. Should have been a $40 game. I didn't expect something like this out of valve after getting such a greadt deal with the orange box.
DaD0ughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaD0ughb0y
i haven't played either of those games :(....but i really want to pick them both upOfficialBed
Rent L4D before you waste your money. Play it for 30 minutes to enjoy and you'll be so bored at the rediculous repetitive game then bring back the rental, tell them you got the wrong game and get bioshock.
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
it is fun.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
good not gr8. After a while i just memorized where to go hide so the zombies are the easist to kill and i wish they had MP on all 4 maps.
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts
I love L4D, to me it doesn't get old. Now if only I could get a decent team, that is all I want...
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
Its great!
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Heroldp813
Another thing, if your playing on anything less then expert, don't make any statements of it being easy. Expert all day. Doughboy do you own this game or did you rent it or borrow it?
Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fakenamelmao
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

deff have to play on expert in order to talk......it's a great game to play with some friends!!! to me it never gets boring! my only problem with it is lack of vs. maps and that I feel like the only time I can play it is when I can devote like an hour or more to play it! Also I would love to see some DLC soon and its prob going to be free cuz valve is good like that :)

DaD0ughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaD0ughb0y
Another thing, if your playing on anything less then expert, don't make any statements of it being easy. Expert all day. Doughboy do you own this game or did you rent it or borrow it?Heroldp813
I own it. Rec'd it as an Xmas gift. Throwing more mobs at you, faster makes it more difficult but increases the "fun factor" by zero. I was warned about the game and was told just to return it because it was lame and repetitive. Just having a bunch of zombies to kill as you run through a map from point a to point b with a whopping choice of weapons... boring.
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heroldp813

[QUOTE="Heroldp813"]Another thing, if your playing on anything less then expert, don't make any statements of it being easy. Expert all day. Doughboy do you own this game or did you rent it or borrow it?DaD0ughb0y
I own it. Rec'd it as an Xmas gift. Throwing more mobs at you, faster makes it more difficult but increases the "fun factor" by zero. I was warned about the game and was told just to return it because it was lame and repetitive. Just having a bunch of zombies to kill as you run through a map from point a to point b with a whopping choice of weapons... boring.

What games do you play? Because this concept can be applied to any game.

makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts
hahahaha i call it videogame crack all the time! i played the last part of death toll for 5 straight hours on expert before finally beating it, and in my defense we only had 3 people, not a full 4. it says something for a game when you can play the same 10 minutes section for 5 hours, dying every time until you finally beat it. in most games i just would have given up, but it was so much fun.
DaD0ughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaD0ughb0y

[QUOTE="DaD0ughb0y"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"]Another thing, if your playing on anything less then expert, don't make any statements of it being easy. Expert all day. Doughboy do you own this game or did you rent it or borrow it?Heroldp813

I play everything. FPS, RPGs, MMO, the occasional racer, Madden's, Tiger's, Horror Escapes, whatever. I'll give you the fact that it does appear to be a nice looking game, but that's about all I can say positive about it. Left 4 Dead is nothing more than the bonus level for World at War. While fun for a little bit, hardly worth a whole game.
Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fakenamelmao
[QUOTE="Heroldp813"]

[QUOTE="DaD0ughb0y"] I own it. Rec'd it as an Xmas gift. Throwing more mobs at you, faster makes it more difficult but increases the "fun factor" by zero. I was warned about the game and was told just to return it because it was lame and repetitive. Just having a bunch of zombies to kill as you run through a map from point a to point b with a whopping choice of weapons... boring.DaD0ughb0y

I play everything. FPS, RPGs, MMO, the occasional racer, Madden's, Tiger's, Horror Escapes, whatever. I'll give you the fact that it does appear to be a nice looking game, but that's about all I can say positive about it. Left 4 Dead is nothing more than the bonus level for World at War. While fun for a little bit, hardly worth a whole game.

They don't just throw more zombies at you they make it harder by how much damage is done; also the fact that the game has an AI Director is amazing!! it's an amazing game to play with friends....but if u don't have any friends.....or none of them play the game it would be kinda dull......also u really have to immerse yourself in the games atmosphere! it's a trip man I love it!!!

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#19 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
i dont know about guys, but this game doesn't get old to me at all. i love all the campaigns and the versus mode, and nothing is better than joining a game already in progress and being the hero to save the team's campaign right in the middle of a zombie fight!
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
I enjoy this game a lot. but graphically, its pretty much outdated.
DaD0ughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaD0ughb0y
[QUOTE="DaD0ughb0y"][QUOTE="Heroldp813"]

Fakenamelmao

They don't just throw more zombies at you they make it harder by how much damage is done; also the fact that the game has an AI Director is amazing!! it's an amazing game to play with friends....but if u don't have any friends.....or none of them play the game it would be kinda dull......also u really have to immerse yourself in the games atmosphere! it's a trip man I love it!!!

So does the zombie level on WaW. They increase the number, speed, and damage of the zombies as you go up in difficulty. Just a bonus, not a whole game. *yawn*
Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heroldp813
[QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"][QUOTE="DaD0ughb0y"] I play everything. FPS, RPGs, MMO, the occasional racer, Madden's, Tiger's, Horror Escapes, whatever. I'll give you the fact that it does appear to be a nice looking game, but that's about all I can say positive about it. Left 4 Dead is nothing more than the bonus level for World at War. While fun for a little bit, hardly worth a whole game.DaD0ughb0y

So does the zombie level on WaW. They increase the number, speed, and damage of the zombies as you go up in difficulty. Just a bonus, not a whole game. *yawn*

I asked you what games your playing, not what genres you play. How long ago did you get banned from your other account?

Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fakenamelmao
[QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"][QUOTE="DaD0ughb0y"] I play everything. FPS, RPGs, MMO, the occasional racer, Madden's, Tiger's, Horror Escapes, whatever. I'll give you the fact that it does appear to be a nice looking game, but that's about all I can say positive about it. Left 4 Dead is nothing more than the bonus level for World at War. While fun for a little bit, hardly worth a whole game.DaD0ughb0y

lol u can play it all u want on World at War cuz they needed to put something in it to make it better and it still is just and updated COD 4 but not as good.....

anyways L4D is one of those games u just get sucked into, sure if u play it by urself (you) on easy ya im sure it is kinda dull. but when u really get into the game it is quite and experience especially if u r playing with some of ur friends....i play with some people from work and it is awesome lol we got some awesome stories!! The graphics are kinda out dated but its ok because valve makes a very solid game plus hopefully soon the free DLC will be a welcome treat ;)

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

IT's good. but needs way more missions and add ons.

Still, I loved playing it with friends.

Avatar image for Morning_Revival
Morning_Revival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Morning_Revival
Member since 2008 • 3475 Posts
Left 4 Dead is one of the worst games Ive ever played.
Avatar image for StromileSwiftee
StromileSwiftee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 StromileSwiftee
Member since 2003 • 385 Posts

L4D is great and expert is the only way to go... Expert is the whole reason for co-op because playing with CPU assistances you have NO CHANCE!!!

StromileSwiftee's L4D Blog

FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts

deff have to play on expert in order to talk......it's a great game to play with some friends!!! to me it never gets boring! my only problem with it is lack of vs. maps and that I feel like the only time I can play it is when I can devote like an hour or more to play it! Also I would love to see some DLC soon and its prob going to be free cuz valve is good like that :)

Fakenamelmao
but MS isn't. They're greedy bastards and will charge us for content the PC version will get for free.
CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#28 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
Depends on how you look at it. If its a Co-op Game its prob that best you will find in the Market. But Multiplayer and Singal Player theres something to be Desired
HxCnamehere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HxCnamehere
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

it is a good game..if anyone is good play with me, i can't seem to find anyone good enough to beat no mercy on expert with me!

xshamgarx

DaD0ughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaD0ughb0y
[QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="DaD0ughb0y"][QUOTE="Fakenamelmao"]

I asked you what games your playing, not what genres you play. How long ago did you get banned from your other account?

I've played a lot on all 4 current platforms (PC, 360, PS3, and Wii). I listed genres because listing all of the games I've played in the last few months would be a long list. For example the FPS that I've played (in the last 6 weeks, give or take) would be: GoW1, GoW2, battlefield 2, 2142, and BC, CoD4 & WaW, Left 4 Dead, and BioShock. As for when I was previously banned: Never. This is my first and only gamespot account. Just because I think your most favoritist game really sucks doesn't mean I'm a formerly banned troll. I'm just bitter that my xmas gift was that steaming turd.
fifthagent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fifthagent
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts
The problem I have with the game is really more of an aesthetic one. Let's face it; this game looks really dated. It is time to let the source engine die. The fact that zombies turn into greyish dust when you shoot them is very disappointing. I'm not one of those people who need every game to look like Gears of War or whatever but the fact of teh matter is that this is supposed to be next generation. I don't own the game but I have played it a little through the demo with some friends. After killing about 10 zombies I knew this game was dated. Terrible lighting, a bad shooting mechanic, and infected that basically just turn to dust when shot is last generation. I want to see body parts being blown off when I shoot them. Look at Dead Space or Gears of War--clearly this is within the power of the 360. Step it up Valve. The source engine must die.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

The problem I have with the game is really more of an aesthetic one. Let's face it; this game looks really dated. It is time to let the source engine die. The fact that zombies turn into greyish dust when you shoot them is very disappointing. I'm not one of those people who need every game to look like Gears of War or whatever but the fact of teh matter is that this is supposed to be next generation. I don't own the game but I have played it a little through the demo with some friends. After killing about 10 zombies I knew this game was dated. Terrible lighting, a bad shooting mechanic, and infected that basically just turn to dust when shot is last generation. I want to see body parts being blown off when I shoot them. Look at Dead Space or Gears of War--clearly this is within the power of the 360. Step it up Valve. The source engine must die. fifthagent

wow what are you talking about have you even played it zombies dont turn to dust when you shoot them and you do blow off limbs now bodies do disappear after awhile because well it would take an amazing amount of ram to keep all of the dead bodies around

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heroldp813

The problem I have with the game is really more of an aesthetic one. Let's face it; this game looks really dated. It is time to let the source engine die. The fact that zombies turn into greyish dust when you shoot them is very disappointing. I'm not one of those people who need every game to look like Gears of War or whatever but the fact of teh matter is that this is supposed to be next generation. I don't own the game but I have played it a little through the demo with some friends. After killing about 10 zombies I knew this game was dated. Terrible lighting, a bad shooting mechanic, and infected that basically just turn to dust when shot is last generation. I want to see body parts being blown off when I shoot them. Look at Dead Space or Gears of War--clearly this is within the power of the 360. Step it up Valve. The source engine must die. fifthagent

If your only problem is graphics, you really don't have a problem. As for body parts flying off when you shoot them, this happens in the game, but like you said you played the demo so there are a few things you won't see unless you play the full game. Doughboy this game is not that bad, its very bad in your opinion but I have friends (My self included) that enjoy this game immensely. Send me a friend request and maybe we can play co-op or versus. As or COD:WAW, that game needed to come out b/f COD4 b/c the only good thing about having WAW is people see that you have a newer game.

Gamertag: NYSFINEST01

DaD0ughb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DaD0ughb0y

If your only problem is graphics, you really don't have a problem. As for body parts flying off when you shoot them, this happens in the game, but like you said you played the demo so there are a few things you won't see unless you play the full game. Doughboy this game is not that bad, its very bad in your opinion but I have friends (My self included) that enjoy this game immensely. Send me a friend request and maybe we can play co-op or versus. As or COD:WAW, that game needed to come out b/f COD4 b/c the only good thing about having WAW is people see that you have a newer game.

Gamertag: NYSFINEST01

Heroldp813

I agree with the WaW comment. I should have been a $20 expansion pack to COD4. New skins, new maps, worse weapons. Nothing really amazing. Same stuff. I enjoyed COD4 quite a bit and WaW was a let down.

As for L4D... Due to the number of good reviews I've read, I didn't bring the game back and I opened it. I really wasn't happy at all with it, but since I own it, I'm going to try to give it another chance.

neelyboy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 neelyboy99
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
i got it for PC. DLC will be free and readily/plentifully available, while the 360 dlc will be priced and not nearly as abundant.
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts
lol I know what you mean. I have Team Fortress 2 on PC and Orange Box on 360. TF on 360 got only one update for 14 player games and what-not, PC got the Class Updates, and everything for FREE. Micro$oft is going to try and get so much money for DLC for TF and L4D.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#37 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Left4Dead >>>>

I cant get enough of the awesome versus mode. Playing as the zombie bosses is great.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#38 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Left 4 Dead is one of the worst games Ive ever played.Morning_Revival

wow, just wow:o

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Heroldp813

[QUOTE="Morning_Revival"]Left 4 Dead is one of the worst games Ive ever played.kozzy1234

wow, just wow:o

Don't worry b/c if you look at this guys profile it seems like he doesn't even have a xbox. Also, every game he makes a comment on, it always seems like he bashes the game, regardless of the game. So what games do you play?, I'm interested to know

ipromise3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 ipromise3
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
on my scare of good, great, awsome, and amazing: bioshock = amazing, left 4 dead= awsome
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
[QUOTE="Heroldp813"][QUOTE="DaD0ughb0y"] So does the zombie level on WaW. They increase the number, speed, and damage of the zombies as you go up in difficulty. Just a bonus, not a whole game. *yawn*DaD0ughb0y

I've played a lot on all 4 current platforms (PC, 360, PS3, and Wii). I listed genres because listing all of the games I've played in the last few months would be a long list. For example the FPS that I've played (in the last 6 weeks, give or take) would be: GoW1, GoW2, battlefield 2, 2142, and BC, CoD4 & WaW, Left 4 Dead, and BioShock. As for when I was previously banned: Never. This is my first and only gamespot account. Just because I think your most favoritist game really sucks doesn't mean I'm a formerly banned troll. I'm just bitter that my xmas gift was that steaming turd.

I agree GOW 1 and 2 are both great FPS.. Anyway though i found the game to be great. It just matters how much you enjoy the zombie genre. I'm a huge fan of zombies so to me it never got old. At first i played with random strangers which was overall a good experience besides a few people. Then i played with a few friends and that's when i really started having fun. The only thing i dislike is the fact that there's so little weapons in the game i hope we get an update.

Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
How do you know what cracks like?
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#43 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
I think Left 4 Dead is the most addictive game that I have played since Warhawk. I'm absolutely hooked on it right now. It's co-op the way it's meant to be. You seriously can't survive alone. You need your team and your team needs you to succeed. It's not the best game on technical merits, but it is well designed and fun to play. My favorite 360 game.
ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts
Man i want this game so bad. I've hear so much good reviews and watch videos over and over again. But my 360 has been broken since the last week of nov. :(
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
i love left 4 dead its amazing and bioshock is awesome like most people say it is.
RandolphScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#46 RandolphScott
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts
I played a few hours online just today. By the fact that most lobbies stayed together, replaying sections until we got it right and going to different chapters from there, I'd say yeah, it's pretty darn addictive. The last game, when me and a group beat Death Toll, was just fantastically thrilling the whole way through, I was w00ting at the top of my lungs when we (barely) made it to the boat. Definitely going to suggest it to my 360 friends.
Gamerzone23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 Gamerzone23
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts
All of my friends on XBL are playing it. I'm not really interested in the game at all. I'm more of a SR person. Oh, I agree with you on BioShock.
Making_Pudding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Making_Pudding
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts
Left 4 Dead is an excuse to delay Half-Life 2: Episode 3. I gotta tell ya, Valve is the only company that gets away with using the same engine over and over again. If PC gamers didn't exist, Valve would have been bankrupt a long time ago. They have every single PC gamer gripped by the sack, since they seem to be the only company making any decent PC games.
fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts

Left 4 Dead is an amazing game. End Of.

fracot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fracot
Member since 2006 • 1278 Posts
Left 4 Dead is an excuse to delay Half-Life 2: Episode 3. I gotta tell ya, Valve is the only company that gets away with using the same engine over and over again. If PC gamers didn't exist, Valve would have been bankrupt a long time ago. They have every single PC gamer gripped by the sack, since they seem to be the only company making any decent PC games.Making_Pudding
I do agree with you about valve but the engine is still good and I do not think it is an excuse to delay episode 3, they always take ages to bring out new games and Left 4 Dead is not a game to 'keep people happy' it is an amazing game in it's own right and alot of people have been wanting a game like this for a long time, look at all teh zombie mods on garrys mod, they needed to make a proper zombie survival game, and they have succeeded IMO.