Is Microsoft forcing us to pay for Downloadable content?

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zigmond1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Zigmond1
Member since 2005 • 334 Posts
qhat does QTF mean?
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
qhat does QTF mean?Zigmond1
As you illustrated Im guessing he ment to type w
Zigmond1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Zigmond1
actually i didnt mean to put a q and i actyually thot QTF meant something but i answered myself sortof
slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 slidet22
Member since 2006 • 887 Posts

If you re-read my other arguments i clearly said, I wouldn't be bugged if the devs wanted to charge us. It's because MS is imposing a charge on somthing they have little right to do so. They put no effort into making said patch/maps ect. So why should they have the right to decide the price? And i'm putting too much on price, it's the principle aswell.

And like I said, just because my family are well off, doesn't mean I am. I donated before you go all fundamentalist on me, I'm doing geography GSCE, so me and all my class mates got a pack together with basic essentials like old cloths ect, and sent it to some charity along with a £1 each. The same went for thailand. SImply because we were studying it at the time, and I'm not an ass like you think i am.

death1505921

Honestly man - I get it. I get your point about the developers. That's enough about the developers. I don't care if your uncle Gumby is the one charging you, or creating the material that Microsoft if profiting from. My point is, you're paying for content. Microsoft gets to establish a price because they are the company who can offer the service and make it marketable. I'm not saying it's 100% great. I'm not even saying that they SHOULD do it. I'm saying that they are doing it and in the scheme of things this is small potatoes to be complaining about.

If your family is well off, then you're well off. No, you don't have money because you're a kid. I get that. However, you get free food, shelter, electricity, internet access, access to video games, clothes, birthday/Christmas gifts, shall I go on??? So, when I hear someone being upset about paying for content (I don't care to whom or who sets the price - it's irrelevant), it to me is just a sign of how spoiled some of us are.  

Hedfix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Hedfix
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
The Outfit Maps - Free Dead Rising Keys - Free Oblivion download over christmas = Free etc etc There's plenty of free things out there on Live. Oh and 20MS points for new missions on some games isn't exactly going to break the bank!
Hedfix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Hedfix
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
Only ads I see is for marketplace content. What do you see?limpbizkit818
I see ads you have to pay for in the form of Nike gamerpics and themes. :D
Avatar image for littlestreakier
littlestreakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 littlestreakier
Member since 2004 • 2950 Posts
i understand what everyone is saying about it being a business.  but i disagree with this view if the developers want to give us free content.  i don't feel that microsoft should charge us for something that was originally gonna be given to us for free to show the developers loyalty to us.  and to thank us for buying their game.  plus it'd show that they care about their consumers and it would definately make me apprieciate the company more :P, the developers.
ashghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 ashghan
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts

Quit whining.

Microsoft needs to make money from Xbox Live to recover (and then some) the cost of continually having to upgrade their server farms for more and more users and games. If you don't like it: tough. Blizzard does the same with World of Warcraft to an extent for the exact same reason. If you think Microsoft should stop upgrading their Xbox Live server farms, then send them a petition for that. Yours will probably be the only signature on it though.

Also, if developers want to give us content for free, then they should host it themselves. Which they don't. So somewhere down the line, if the developers want Microsoft to host their content, some financial transaction must take place to recover the cost of that. And guess which two parties are involved in that transaction. I'll give you a hint: one of those is Microsoft.

blue-fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60 blue-fish
Member since 2003 • 1389 Posts
I don't like some of these arguments.

"Tough, business is business. If you don't like it don't buy it." How ignorant is that? So we as customers have no right
and no obligation to try and guide the industry that thrives off our dollars? That the company that has charged us $60 for a piece of
plastic that is infinitelymanufacturable can't give us the slightest bit more content so that we might get attached to the brand and to provide future incentive to buy the product. Nah, that's just silly. Also (some guy already said it.) Much of the time you cannot play online UNLESS you have payed for content everyone else has. Which is having a feature you already payed for, removed.

"It isn't very much after you have a 360, TV and internet connection." No, but it's not worth much either. I hear this for the PS3 as well, in that its price doesn't matter so much because you will have plenty of fun out of it anyway. Great, so? Does that mean it's still insane to pay more then a dollar for a can of pop or something? What if it is a dollar fifty? It's
only fifty cents more,that's' almost nothing right? Its still overpriced.

MS does this, making free content cost us, to protect other companies that don't give it away. EA makes everything cost now, cheats, courses, races, cars and everything else they can think of. MS tries to insure no free content so they dont look as greedy as they are. Why do you people excuse them? Why do you argue for their decision to make us pay for free content when they have contributed nothing to it?

And the guy who used victims of Katrina to complain about us complaining about overpriced content: How much lower can you go man? You argue against us wanting free content made free like it is on PC then you lay a guilt trip about victims of a natural disaster? This is about trying to stop micro-transactions before they kill online gaming, it doen't change that fact just because we wont go bankrupt because of it.

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 teebeenz
Microsoft needs to make money from Xbox Live to recover (and then some) the cost of continually having to upgrade their server farms for more and more users and games.ashghan
They do that buy selling games.
slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 slidet22
I don't like some of these arguments.

"Tough, business is business. If you don't like it don't buy it." How ignorant is that? So we as customers have no right
and no obligation to try and guide the industry that thrives off our dollars? That the company that has charged us $60 for a piece of
plastic that is infinitelymanufacturable can't give us the slightest bit more content so that we might get attached to the brand and to provide future incentive to buy the product. Nah, that's just silly. Also (some guy already said it.) Much of the time you cannot play online UNLESS you have payed for content everyone else has. Which is having a feature you already payed for, removed.

"It isn't very much after you have a 360, TV and internet connection." No, but it's not worth much either. I hear this for the PS3 as well, in that its price doesn't matter so much because you will have plenty of fun out of it anyway. Great, so? Does that mean it's still insane to pay more then a dollar for a can of pop or something? What if it is a dollar fifty? It's
only fifty cents more,that's' almost nothing right? Its still overpriced.

MS does this, making free content cost us, to protect other companies that don't give it away. EA makes everything cost now, cheats, courses, races, cars and everything else they can think of. MS tries to insure no free content so they dont look as greedy as they are. Why do you people excuse them? Why do you argue for their decision to make us pay for free content when they have contributed nothing to it?

And the guy who used victims of Katrina to complain about us complaining about overpriced content: How much lower can you go man? You argue against us wanting free content made free like it is on PC then you lay a guilt trip about victims of a natural disaster? This is about trying to stop micro-transactions before they kill online gaming, it doen't change that fact just because we wont go bankrupt because of it.

blue-fish

First of all - not buying something guides the industry as well. There aren't a whole lot of developers jumping to make the great trilogy of Aquaman...cuz no one bought it. If people stopped buying the content, it wouldn't continue to appear, or it may come down in price. Also, the point simply is - you don't HAVE to buy this stuff. If you need to buy this to play a game, I will fully support the idea that it has gotten out of hand. However, this is EXTRA content that yoU CAN buy. It also tells you the price before you buy it. So, if you don't like it or you think it's overpriced, don't buy it. But, don't buy it then complain that you got ripped off - that makes no sense.

Finally, although the content may be priced higher than you like - it is still extra content. I think getting something for nothing is a little ridiculous, too. Why should we, as gamers, get something for free? We know that these consoles were sold at a loss already. How much did they lose on the sale of each console? I forget, but it wasn't cheap. 

My point about Hurricane Katrina was only to point out that maybe we need to tone down the anger over this issue. People are ready to organize and protest over this. Are you kidding me? If you're going to put that much time into something, let it be for a good cause - not online gaming prices. Quite honestly - THAT is the ultimate low. 

ashghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ashghan

[QUOTE="ashghan"]Microsoft needs to make money from Xbox Live to recover (and then some) the cost of continually having to upgrade their server farms for more and more users and games.teebeenz

They do that buy selling games.

Think again, Detective Teenbeenz. The price of a game is to cover production costs of that game and to maintain profit margins.

The price of Xbox Live is to cover production costs of Xbox Live, and maintain it's profit margins.

In case you haven't noticed, Microsoft is not a not-for-profit organisation.

Un-der-stand?

spyman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 spyman333
Member since 2003 • 302 Posts
you know a game cost about 3 dollars to actually produce right? all they gotta do is get a blank game disc stamp there artwork on it and run it throught the machine that codes it. it really isnt mass profit because they gotta pay the people who made it. but considering gears of war sold llike 2 or 3 million copies i think they can give some free content.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
i dont mind paying cause it is such excelent service
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 teebeenz
MS is making plenty to run their services via games alone as is Sony, infact Sony gives more out to devs than MS does which means MS should have even more cash laying round. They're just greedy, as they have been since day 1.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 IMuGGeDSaTaN
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
Absolutely this pisses me off.  MS didn't want Geometry wars or Gears content to be free, both so they could get money but also to make companies like EA who charge for everything not look bad in comparison.  Epic had to fight MS for the first Gears update and maps to be free and then they had to fight them again for the second pack.  MS is being insane on this one and it makes me angry that they are denying companies the freedom to charge what they want for their own products.  Petition.blue-fish
Great Point.
IMuGGeDSaTaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 IMuGGeDSaTaN
Member since 2007 • 485 Posts
A petition here=no good. A petition at xbox.com=would actually do something.
ashghan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ashghan

you know a game cost about 3 dollars to actually produce right? all they gotta do is get a blank game disc stamp there artwork on it and run it throught the machine that codes it. it really isnt mass profit because they gotta pay the people who made it. but considering gears of war sold llike 2 or 3 million copies i think they can give some free content.spyman333

No, you are wrong. A game costs several million dollars to produce. The disc on which that game is finally stored and shipped costs barely anything. But I didn't say disc, did I?

slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 slidet22

[QUOTE="spyman333"]you know a game cost about 3 dollars to actually produce right? all they gotta do is get a blank game disc stamp there artwork on it and run it throught the machine that codes it. it really isnt mass profit because they gotta pay the people who made it. but considering gears of war sold llike 2 or 3 million copies i think they can give some free content.ashghan

No, you are wrong. A game costs several million dollars to produce. The disc on which that game is finally stored and shipped costs barely anything. But I didn't say disc, did I?

Exactly - not to mention the cut to the stores that sell it, the production companies, and the millions it costs to advertise. The disc itself may be cheap to produce, but it's like a movie - you have to sell a TON to break even.

Also, I'm sorry - but I think they've actually given us plenty. For example, the 360 cost more to produce and put out than the sticker price. I forget how much they lost on each console, but it was a good chunk of change. There was something they gave us - a lower price. They let us download demos for free. How awesome is that? I basically never rent games anymore as a result. A free month of xbox live came with the console - I realize that's not necessarily a lot, but for someone like me who doesn't play online - it was something. And my final point - why do we feel like we deserve something for free? This is an exchange - they provide a product or service, and we pay for it. We need them to continue to do this to enjoy gaming, and they need us to pay them to keep doing it. How come we should expect them to hand out stuff to us for free? And like I pointed out - they have and DO provide things for free. 

death1505921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 death1505921
Member since 2004 • 5260 Posts
Whoever pointed about having to constantly upgrade server farms is wrong, all games are hosted individualy not with dedicated servers. The only servers they need is for downloading arcade games, and we all know that size isn't exactly huge. And I didn't want a petition I actualy signed Yeah, but not about the petition. I'm just voicing my views. Petitioning right left and center about this kind of stuff is stupid, agreed.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts

In April's Game Informer News, they had an article called, ""The Content Microsoft Doesn't Want You to Have" on page 32. It talks about the publishers wanting to put out "free" downloadable content but Microsoft isn't letting them. According to the article Microsoft is placing prices on content that the companies wanted to give us for free, because "Microsoft wanting to make gamers accustomed to paying money for goods above and beyond wallpapers."

I almost wrote this off as an April Fools joke or something like that until I remembered an interview that Ben Ward of Bizarre Creations (Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved) had with IGN UK.

I think that maybe we should do some kind of petition, so this problem is brought up to Microsoft just to let them know that, as customers, we don't like being "nickel and dime" for content that game companies want to give us free.

Does anyone have any ideas about this? I think this is more legit then petitioning Capcom over Devil May Cry having a multiplatform release. I want to gauge everyone about this idea, and perhaps someone noticed this too.

IGN UK interview: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/772/772651p2.html

thomasonfa
I have never paid for downloadable content and never will.
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
[QUOTE="ashghan"]

[QUOTE="spyman333"]you know a game cost about 3 dollars to actually produce right? all they gotta do is get a blank game disc stamp there artwork on it and run it throught the machine that codes it. it really isnt mass profit because they gotta pay the people who made it. but considering gears of war sold llike 2 or 3 million copies i think they can give some free content.slidet22

Exactly - not to mention the cut to the stores that sell it, the production companies, and the millions it costs to advertise. The disc itself may be cheap to produce, but it's like a movie - you have to sell a TON to break even.

Also, I'm sorry - but I think they've actually given us plenty. For example, the 360 cost more to produce and put out than the sticker price. I forget how much they lost on each console, but it was a good chunk of change. There was something they gave us - a lower price. They let us download demos for free. How awesome is that? I basically never rent games anymore as a result. A free month of xbox live came with the console - I realize that's not necessarily a lot, but for someone like me who doesn't play online - it was something. And my final point - why do we feel like we deserve something for free? This is an exchange - they provide a product or service, and we pay for it. We need them to continue to do this to enjoy gaming, and they need us to pay them to keep doing it. How come we should expect them to hand out stuff to us for free? And like I pointed out - they have and DO provide things for free. 

So how do you explain the price of the 20GB hard drive?

slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 slidet22
[QUOTE="slidet22"][QUOTE="ashghan"]

[QUOTE="spyman333"]you know a game cost about 3 dollars to actually produce right? all they gotta do is get a blank game disc stamp there artwork on it and run it throught the machine that codes it. it really isnt mass profit because they gotta pay the people who made it. but considering gears of war sold llike 2 or 3 million copies i think they can give some free content.madskills6117

So how do you explain the price of the 20GB hard drive?

Wow...just...wow...I suspect Microsoft is not making up all their money on the hard drives. Moreover, how in the world do we know how much it costs to produce that? We can all sit around and pretend to know how much, but in the end, we have no idea. Also, if you THINK it's overpriced and simply a rip-off - you do NOT have to buy it. You do not have to buy any of this stuff. The original question here is - is Microsoft FORCING us to buy downloadable content? The answer is unequivocally..."NO." Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

I also got back to the point here - why do we feel like we deserve something for free? I you didn't get to that part of my argument, please read it. I just cannot understand why this is even an issue.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#75 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Yeah. I don't want to pay for things that the devs and publishers themselves don't want to sell. These people want to have a thing called "good credentials," but the Evil Empire is doing what they can to hinder this 'op for the milking process. It's a good thing that apparently, the new Gears of War content will be free. From what reporters were..reporting, Microsoft initially wanted to charge for the content, but as far as it currently stands, it's free. Yeah!
thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 thomasonfa
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts
Yes, we remember them talking about microtransactions but the point is charging us for FREE stuff. If a game company comes out and want to give this stuff away for free, why should we pay for it?
slidet22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 slidet22

Yes, we remember them talking about microtransactions but the point is charging us for FREE stuff. If a game company comes out and want to give this stuff away for free, why should we pay for it? thomasonfa

See- my point is not that what Microsoft is doing is the RIGHT thing...I would love free content. I'm saying - if it's not free, it doesn't mean we're being forced to buy it. And why should we expect it to be free? I also still stand by the fact that Microsoft has given us a LOT for free. I don't see why we should be upset when they ask for $5 - $10 for additional content...

I also think that article only gave one side of the story. Maybe Microsoft is simply trying to Microshaft us. However, don't you ever watch lawyers duke it out? When you hear one side you think "this guy is guilty as sin" then when you hear the opposing view you think "this is a witch-hunt." Perhaps it's not always to that extreme, but the point is - there are two sides to every story. 

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 thomasonfa
Xeauz, You made a valid point, Microsoft may don't care; but imagine if enough of Xbox Live users and fans get together and discuss that we are displeased they might look at changing something, in our benefit.
13wanderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79 13wanderer
Member since 2005 • 317 Posts
I don't mind paying for downloadable content. I'll happily put my money into points to buy the new characters for MUA. Note: I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a job.
thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 thomasonfa
[QUOTE="death1505921"]MS, are theiving bastards. They charge us to use the online, then put ads on aswell so they make money, and then charge us for content companies want free. QTF?kyle_1865
if you dont like live then dont use it! Holy crap people, get over it, just get a job so you can pay for the stuff, there a damn business, there not out to get you, there just trying to stay on top and its up 2 us to keep em there. i dont mind paying for extra content. with satelitte tv, you pay for the extra channels and dont complain, why should this be any different?? think about it

The difference from TV to videogames is that the channels aren't offered to me for free.
thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 thomasonfa
Well I think its alright that they price things it costs money to develop, publish, provide, and host the content so there should be a small price. Just be glad promotional stuff is free I guess.dunit13

Dunit13...I agree with you...But, I don't want my point to get lost in this. It isn't the fact that game developers are working hard to make games. The point is that the GAME DEVELOPERS are WANTING to GIVE some of their content away for free. It is something like an incentive to keep us playing their games. If the person who made it wants you and me, the user, to get it for free. Then why would Microsoft want to charge us, especially the Gold members? Getting free game content, when the developer wants to get it away; Why should we pay for it? Yes I understand it's a business but let me give an example of a BAD business that is doing the same thing: mp3downloading.com - was discussed on G4's Attack of the Show about people paying for FREE stuff like Limewire and Winlan. Some what, I feel that we are in the same boat especially when companies want to GIVE their stuff away.

Heres the link to G4's article on this: http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/post/471236/Too_Good_to_Be_True.html
shadow8787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 shadow8787
Member since 2005 • 74 Posts
I think that as long as you have internet connection, that xbox live should be free. Some people can't afford to pay both internet and xbox live.
Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

I don't think paying for downloadable content is an issue whatsoever.  I don't mind paying for something extra for a game.  If I don't want to pay for it, I don't get it.  Simple.

The only issue I have is when the devs want to post it for free, but Microsoft forces them to charge for it.  That's not right.

thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 thomasonfa

The only issue I have is when the devs want to post it for free, but Microsoft forces them to charge for it.  That's not right.

Zero-Pirate
ZERO-PIRATE- for me YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. I don't mind paying for downloadable content, matter of fact I have a good job and I can afford it. If some wants to read the article in Game Informer, I will put the link to some one who quoted it:
http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-hearts-capitalism-shiny-rocks-does-not-heart-free-content-sunshine-30592.phtml
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
you don't like it? don't buy it? do you really need to be told?
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
I wish they would charge people to create online petitions. Then there wouldn't be any.
trickazzmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 trickazzmark
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts

It would be nice to get some of that free content...but MS are greedy S.O.B.'s...I just buy what i need to buy to get the best playin experince outta the game...as should everyone esle whould do.

chuggy3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 chuggy3d
Member since 2005 • 430 Posts
Its an incredible monopoly on Microsofts part...and like sensless adoring dogs we fall prey to thier scam!
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Nah, no petition. Takes time and effort... time and effort I could spend enjoying the things I buy on Xbox Live Marketplace.
spyman333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 spyman333
Member since 2003 • 302 Posts
i meant to actually make the game as in package and ship. not including the cost of manpower to make it.
BeNOwNz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BeNOwNz
Member since 2006 • 2942 Posts
I don't see Bill Gates with a Lancer pointed to my head and telling me to buy horse armour.:roll:
Zigmond1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zigmond1

my god bill gates probably couldnt pick up a lancer second you werent just a bit curious to see what came with it and i hate Bill Gates

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

gears content is free, and supposedly GHII content will be free. So idk about that article's arguement. it sounds plausible, but really i don't mind paying, its not like its that expensive.

i just read that IGN article and i must say that is intruiging that MS made them do that. 

butkis689
Bizarre wanted Geometry Wars to be free,but Microsoft told them to put a price on it.But,Bizzare said they couldnt have been happier with that move.:?
thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 thomasonfa

[QUOTE="thomasonfa"]Yes, we remember them talking about microtransactions but the point is charging us for FREE stuff. If a game company comes out and want to give this stuff away for free, why should we pay for it? slidet22

See- my point is not that what Microsoft is doing is the RIGHT thing...I would love free content. I'm saying - if it's not free, it doesn't mean we're being forced to buy it. And why should we expect it to be free? I also still stand by the fact that Microsoft has given us a LOT for free. I don't see why we should be upset when they ask for $5 - $10 for additional content...

I also think that article only gave one side of the story. Maybe Microsoft is simply trying to Microshaft us. However, don't you ever watch lawyers duke it out? When you hear one side you think "this guy is guilty as sin" then when you hear the opposing view you think "this is a witch-hunt." Perhaps it's not always to that extreme, but the point is - there are two sides to every story. 

You bring up a valid point, is this article one-sided? I was thinking about that. If you read my first posting I was talking about how we all know that Microsoft isn't good at keeping secrets i.e. the xbox, 360, and xbox 360 elite. So when the article by IGN UK interveiwed Ben Ward of Bizarre Creations, he was talking about Geometry Wars was going to be "a gift for hardcore gamers." After reading in April's Game Informer I remembered this; which helped me believe the article a little more. Here's a part of the article:

"In an interview with IGN, Ward said that Bizarre didn't really view Arcade as a way to make money and initally the dev was keen to make the action-packed shooter a free download. However, due to restrictions Bizarre was forced to charge for the game, although insisted Microsoft put it out in Live's lowest price bracket - 400 MS points."

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/772/772652p1.html

Zigmond1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Zigmond1
Another reason to hate the box but it has Halo. DAMN YOU GATES(no im not a fanboy I have owned everysystem)
PhantomNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#96 PhantomNemesis
Member since 2004 • 265 Posts
I honestly don't mind paying, I mean, the Developers are working on this stuff, making it as good as possible for us to play. They could just dump the game on us and walk away, start making the next one, rather than making something new for it. I know Microsoft is charging for it, but Xbox Liva Marketplace is probably a lot cheaper in the end than having to buy the content somewhere else, e.g ready made DVD's, USB's or something at a store.
LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 LuigiLogik
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
That's great that the majority of you don't mind paying for an extra map or gun but this crap is the equivalent the postman refusing to deliver Christmas presents because the recipient doesn't tip him.. These companies do MS a favor by making these games for the 360, they do the hard work making the extra content, it should be up to them whether they charge or not.... not some money hungry bastard who had nothing to do with the game.
thomasonfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 thomasonfa

This will be the last point that I bring up on this topic. I think that people just read the title and not the post. Microsoft is a great business but sometimes they need to look past just making TONS of money by giving back to its loyal customer i.e. Gold Members. If a game developer wants to hook us up with some free content, Microsoft should respect that. Maybe in the future we could bring this issue up again and get a greater number of participates for a petition.

Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts
I think they should make stuff like gamer pictures and themes free.
omrikk87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 omrikk87
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

I'm sorry, I'm just failing to see the point here where I think this is an issue that seriously needs to be addressed. For my first three reasons, read my post above.

Fourthly, you're now asking for content for free. You're asking for someone to simply hand something over to you for no cost. The additional content is something that people put in time and work on. They're trying to turn a profit. Why would someone just give it to you for free? This isn't some noble volunteering opportunity. If I'm going to give something away for free, it's going to be something that someone NEEDS - like help providing food, clothes, or any other number of charitable things.  

Fifth - I'm not buying the "some of us are just less fortunate." The fact that you own a 360 and have internet access right now tells me that you're at least doing well enough to buy those things instead of the necessities in life.

Look, I'm not suggesting that Microsoft isn't turning a huge profit here. I'm suggesting that if this is what we have to complain about, maybe we should appreciate everything we've got cuz it can't be too bad. 

slidet22
but you dont understand ? they say that the developers wanted to give us for free , its ms who didnt do anything to the process of the making of the content... that is why we are pis*ed....