Is Bioshock appropriate for me?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerfreak13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 gamerfreak13
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts
I tihnk you should be able to get it. You seem deserving enough.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
[QUOTE="Trickshot771"][QUOTE="damedude123"]

lol, it was strange wen my girlfriends mum told me just afta she was born "ummm damien......ur a dad" i was in shock. lol.

but im still focusing on skool in the day, and my baby girl in the nite

battlefront23

If I had a kid at 16 I certianly wouldn't be happy about it. I would think "that's it, my life is over".

your life is because then all you care about is there's.

Well yeah, but when I was 16 I wouldn't be reading to have a kid. Pretty sure a lot of 16 year olds wouldn't be ready.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#53 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="Trickshot771"][QUOTE="damedude123"]

lol, it was strange wen my girlfriends mum told me just afta she was born "ummm damien......ur a dad" i was in shock. lol.

but im still focusing on skool in the day, and my baby girl in the nite

Trickshot771

If I had a kid at 16 I certianly wouldn't be happy about it. I would think "that's it, my life is over".

your life is because then all you care about is there's.

Well yeah, but when I was 16 I wouldn't be reading to have a kid. Pretty sure a lot of 16 year olds wouldn't be ready.

You're forced to stop focusing on your life and rather focus on theres. You put them in the world hence you take care of them.

JMC987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JMC987
Member since 2005 • 193 Posts
No matter what anyone says, you should always listen to your mother.
cgoliver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 cgoliver
Member since 2003 • 160 Posts
I think you should be able to buy it, but it doesn't matter what I think, now does it? All that matters is what your parents tell you to do, because they're your parents. This shouldn't even be an issue. Your mom told you "no," that's it. You can show her all these posts of thirteen-year-olds saying your mom sucks, but in the end, you're still not going to get the game. Respect your parents' authority, trust that they know what they're doing. When you're 18 and moved away to college, then you can buy what you want, eat what you want, do what you want. But until then, I'm sorry buddy, you have to live by their rules. Trust me, it'll go by faster than you want it to.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

I think you should be able to buy it, but it doesn't matter what I think, now does it? All that matters is what your parents tell you to do, because they're your parents. This shouldn't even be an issue. Your mom told you "no," that's it. You can show her all these posts of thirteen-year-olds saying your mom sucks, but in the end, you're still not going to get the game. Respect your parents' authority, trust that they know what they're doing. When you're 18 and moved away to college, then you can buy what you want, eat what you want, do what you want. But until then, I'm sorry buddy, you have to live by their rules. Trust me, it'll go by faster than you want it to.cgoliver

I agree with most of that.

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#57 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
wait til you turn 17 and stick it to your mom haha
CradleXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 CradleXX
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
4.4 GPA? How many AP classes are you taking? Did you ever take pre-ap classes? On topic: You sound from the post to be mature enough to handle it. It is just a game.
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hachiman128
Member since 2007 • 779 Posts

I think you should be able to buy it, but it doesn't matter what I think, now does it? All that matters is what your parents tell you to do, because they're your parents. This shouldn't even be an issue. Your mom told you "no," that's it. You can show her all these posts of thirteen-year-olds saying your mom sucks, but in the end, you're still not going to get the game. Respect your parents' authority, trust that they know what they're doing. When you're 18 and moved away to college, then you can buy what you want, eat what you want, do what you want. But until then, I'm sorry buddy, you have to live by their rules. Trust me, it'll go by faster than you want it to.cgoliver

I'm going off to college at 16. You didn't read my first post, did you? I clearly stated that in the second or third sentence. I'm not using this to convince her, I'm using this so I know that the majority of people agree with me. It makes me feel better/normal. And I won't go behind my mom's back to get it, even though the guys at Gamespot think I'm 17. I want her to LET me play it.

sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts

[QUOTE="hachiman128"]OK, here's the deal. I'm a perfectly normal kid. I have a 4.4 GPA and I'm graduating high school this year at 16. I do play video games a little too much, but I'm not like an addict. There's nothing wrong with me mentally; I'm not crazy, I don't have dark thoughts or any desire to injure anyone. I want to buy Bioshock. However, my mom has decided based on the Bioshock demo that I'm not allowed to play Bioshock under her roof. As far as I know, I'm the only person I know who has limits on video games at my age/maturity level. One of my best friends is allowed to get whatever games she wants, and I'm not even allowed to go to her house just because of my gender. Another perfectly normal kid from one of my three AP classes is buying Bioshock on Tuesday. Should I be allowed to buy Bioshock?Fifty_Pence

Of course you should be able to. 16 and at you level of intellect i think you can handle it. But what be more fun is waiting until you're 17 buying of your own free will and telling your mom "**** you" because when youre 17 hey get whatever video games you want.

Exactly and the reason she doesnt let you go to you friends house is stupid. Your more than old enough to go to a chicks house. Im the same age as you and ive been able to have more freedom than that and I dont have nearly that high GPA
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 hachiman128

4.4 GPA? How many AP classes are you taking? Did you ever take pre-ap classes? On topic: You sound from the post to be mature enough to handle it. It is just a game.CradleXX

I'm taken three so far, and got 5s on all the tests (chemistry, physics, and calc AB). I have AP Euro, AP US, and AP Calc all this year.

hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 hachiman128
[QUOTE="Fifty_Pence"]

[QUOTE="hachiman128"]OK, here's the deal. I'm a perfectly normal kid. I have a 4.4 GPA and I'm graduating high school this year at 16. I do play video games a little too much, but I'm not like an addict. There's nothing wrong with me mentally; I'm not crazy, I don't have dark thoughts or any desire to injure anyone. I want to buy Bioshock. However, my mom has decided based on the Bioshock demo that I'm not allowed to play Bioshock under her roof. As far as I know, I'm the only person I know who has limits on video games at my age/maturity level. One of my best friends is allowed to get whatever games she wants, and I'm not even allowed to go to her house just because of my gender. Another perfectly normal kid from one of my three AP classes is buying Bioshock on Tuesday. Should I be allowed to buy Bioshock?sonofabear17

Of course you should be able to. 16 and at you level of intellect i think you can handle it. But what be more fun is waiting until you're 17 buying of your own free will and telling your mom "**** you" because when youre 17 hey get whatever video games you want.

Exactly and the reason she doesnt let you go to you friends house is stupid. Your more than old enough to go to a chicks house. Im the same age as you and ive been able to have more freedom than that and I dont have nearly that high GPA

No, HER mom won't let me go over there just because of my gender. She hardly has any freedom. However, she has absolute freedom with video games.

reckeweg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 reckeweg
Member since 2003 • 1167 Posts
Wow bro I really do feel bad for your situation. It would suck to live some where so much control is being applied. To answer your question though I think if you enjoyed the demo you should get the game, eve if you have to cover it up. You're sixteen man utter rebellion should be in your nature.
Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
Out of interest, what in the demo made her ban it? If its the blood then theres more blood in gears (chainsaw). Or was it something like bashing people overhead which the wrench? Because again killing people is killing people, just like Gears. Guess I'm not helping you by saying if you're not allowed bioshock and are allowed gears but maybe you should ask her why gears is allowed but bioshock isn't...somethings not adding up imo. Anyway you seem ok for it, but listen to your mum. Luckily my parents don't really care what I play, they know I'm not going to get messed up by it.
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hachiman128

Out of interest, what in the demo made her ban it? If its the blood then theres more blood in gears (chainsaw). Or was it something like bashing people overhead which the wrench? Because again killing people is killing people, just like Gears. Guess I'm not helping you by saying if you're not allowed bioshock and are allowed gears but maybe you should ask her why gears is allowed but bioshock isn't...somethings not adding up imo. Anyway you seem ok for it, but listen to your mum. Luckily my parents don't really care what I play, they know I'm not going to get messed up by it. Bromz

She saw it more like Dead Rising and that it's just a game where you mindlessly beat infected people with a wrench, despite the fact that I told her it has the best story in a video game yet and it's widely considered to be the best game created so far.

And for some reason, she strongly regrets getting Gears of War and even HALO 2!

mistermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mistermagic
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts
The only solution is to kill your parents.
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 hachiman128

The only solution is to kill your parents.mistermagic

Despite the fact that I play all these "morose shooter games", that didn't cross my mind. :)

YPenguinY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 YPenguinY
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
I'm 25 years old. I lived in a house as a kid where I was able to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. It was NOT good for me. If your mother cares enough to make rules and make you stick to them, then you have a GOOD deal and you should follow her rules. The more you follow her rules now, the more freedom and trust you'll have from her as you continue to get older, which is a VERY valuable thing to have. All the people who say you should be able to play it anyway or should disobey your mother are immature and are so far gone that they don't even understand where they are wrong. You seem like a good kid and the more you display your maturity and obedience, the better off you will be now and in the end.
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hachiman128

I'm 25 years old. I lived in a house as a kid where I was able to do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. It was NOT good for me. If your mother cares enough to make rules and make you stick to them, then you have a GOOD deal and you should follow her rules. The more you follow her rules now, the more freedom and trust you'll have from her as you continue to get older, which is a VERY valuable thing to have. All the people who say you should be able to play it anyway or should disobey your mother are immature and are so far gone that they don't even understand where they are wrong. You seem like a good kid and the more you display your maturity and obedience, the better off you will be now and in the end.YPenguinY

I know that it's good that my mom has limits on me. I can't stay out late, I can't drink, I can't engage in any sexual activity, I have to do my homework before gaming. Most of my limits are reasonable and I'll obey them without complaint. I just find this one to be a little much.

hcgaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hcgaron
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
tell your mom she can smoke my fat meat cigar. Buy it and tell her she's lucky she doesn't have a kid who is smoking pole for crack money. you can play whatever you want dude, you can handle it. oh and while your at it, go bang that chick whose house you aern't allowed to go to.
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 hachiman128

tell your mom she can smoke my fat meat cigar. Buy it and tell her she's lucky she doesn't have a kid who is smoking pole for crack money. you can play whatever you want dude, you can handle it. oh and while your at it, go bang that chick whose house you aern't allowed to go to.hcgaron

Uh, no, I'm not going behind my mom's back, as I've already stated. At most, I'll buy it and give her the option to hold it until I leave for college or let me play it.

And the chick isn't worth banging. I'd rather just squeeze one out over here and have no risk of pregnancy.

lordcodicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lordcodicus
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

That is retarded. I played Quake 2 when I was 8 and am I a murderer now? Have I even beat someone up? Your mom is stupid and ignorant like most people when it comes to video games. It is just like rock and roll 30 years ago, it is used as a scapegoat for everything bad and the stupid and ignorant public believe it. Mark my words, one day video games will pass this hurdle and become as much a part of society as T.V. or Music. I absolutely hate that people strip me of my rights because I am not 21 or 18 or whatever! Censorship will only enrage me, not help me. Censorship is for the weak and mindless sheep that need the government to think for them.

I think you should remind her that you could be doing far worse things than playing Bioshock, like having sex or doing crack in a back alley. Remind her that if you have nothing to do at home then maybe you will have to go outside and do something else, outside of her control. The day will come soon when your mother cannot control you, and you should remind her of this. Atleast that is my say.

hcgaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hcgaron
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
thats smart, don't wanna be stuck with that chick forever. Thats why you have the 4.4 gpa. But to be more serious, that is good you aern't going behind her back, there is no reason to. You shouldn't have to, because its not that bad. But hey, when you get to college... just don't be one of those kids who had a short leash that totally cuts loose and fails out. Oh btw, where you plan to attend college?
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
Wow, I get average grades, was raised on Halo since it came out when I was like 8, and my dad and I were all discussing how cool the game looked yesterday, and how we're completely gonna get it right away. I'm no psychotic murderer, I completely respect my parents, and the worst I've done due to a video game was yell out a cuss cause I couldn't get in the warthog in Halo before my bro pwn'd me. My mom on the other hand, doesn't like me playing video games of any sort, but at least my parents still trust me. I don't think you should go behind your mom's back, it still her choice, and going behind her back isn't going to let you play the game with much freedom, and if she finds out, then you know you're going to be under even tighter restriction from EVERYTHING until college. I think you're mom should allow you to make your own choices, especially at your age, and especially considering you're grades, but that's just me.
Olgeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 Olgeir
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts
im 15 i play alot of video games that my parents don't approve of but i buy them anyway i mean i mean i drink and and smoke and my parents don't approve of that ether and not one of my friends don't drink so parents say no but don't live from your parents mistakes my father comes from a roug backround and is an ex-alcaholic and thats the reason i cant drink...
BlueTimber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BlueTimber
Member since 2004 • 722 Posts
Wow. Joke thread. Too bad it's not funny.
T_Goose_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 T_Goose_09
Member since 2004 • 152 Posts
as a fellow 16 year old gamer, without a 4.4 gpa, and who will be purchasing Bioshock I would just like to say... haha! just do what mommy says fella
hachiman128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 hachiman128

Wow. Joke thread. Too bad it's not funny.BlueTimber

Wrong. Completely real, I promise. That could be why it's not funny.

XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts

YES ur 16 games don't encourage violence they've done research on it :)

littleman1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 littleman1992
Member since 2004 • 1727 Posts

Damn, your smart.

Yes you should be able to play this game.

cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#81 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
Well, it's hard to tell how mature you are over the internet (like you stated previously). From the information that you posted however, I think you should be allowed to play it. I'm 16 myself and am allowed to get the game, but my cousin is in the same situation you're in.
linkdragon642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 linkdragon642
Member since 2004 • 1096 Posts

Well, considering you're 16, the ESRB, along with your mother, won't have you playing it.

So, chill.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Your parents wont let you go to your friends house cus shes a girl!!!!???

edit: sry its just a little odd but you must be real smart if your graduating at 16. Yes you are mature enough to play bioshock its obvious. Parents can always be a little touchy when it comes to video games. And once again sry.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#84 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

WOW! graduating at 16!

I would have to agree with most of the other posts just tell your mom it's no big deal it's just another game (incredible looking IMO) but just a game. Your not going to get anything from the game that you don't see in movies or hear at school. Also maybe shouldn't talk too much about a "Mature" game in front of ma.

Good luck hopfully you'll be able to get it looks quite good.:D

COBAIN_x87x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 COBAIN_x87x
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
Yes, your parents need to let you grow up.