Is anyone excited about Dragonforce being in guitar hero 3

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts
Im totally excited for them being in gh3 and Herman lee's skills on guitar are amazing and so are sam tottman's
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lacrimosamo
Member since 2005 • 691 Posts
Why would anyone be excited for that? Dragonforce is just another of the million crappy power metal bands around. I' ll be excited if Sodom, Sadus, Cathedral, even Slayer were included.
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
iam i like through the fire and the flames thats gonna be a hard song
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

Why would anyone be excited for that? Dragonforce is just another of the million crappy power metal bands around. I' ll be excited if Sodom, Sadus, Cathedral, even Slayer were included.lacrimosamo

Agreed. For some reason Dragonforce has become populare and main stream, nothing great at all about them.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 airg6
Why would anyone be excited for that? Dragonforce is just another of the million crappy power metal bands around. I' ll be excited if Sodom, Sadus, Cathedral, even Slayer were included.lacrimosamo
What are you talking about there awsome.Your just jealous because you cant play guitar or guitar hero that good. By the way slayer is going to be in gh3
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lacrimosamo
Yeah, that's what I mean. Usually people who listen to power metal don't appretiate musicians from other metal genres. They need to know there are great musicians outsite PM. Just to mention some great musicians: Steve Digorgio (Sadus Bass player), Andy La Roque (King Diamond guitars), Frost (Satyricon drummer), Kerry King (Slayer guitars), among many other great musicians.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 airg6

[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]Why would anyone be excited for that? Dragonforce is just another of the million crappy power metal bands around. I' ll be excited if Sodom, Sadus, Cathedral, even Slayer were included.limpbizkit818

Agreed. For some reason Dragonforce has become populare and main stream, nothing great at all about them.

Are you smoking crack. You say theres nothing good about them because youve probably never heard any of there songs. Also how have they become mainstream
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lacrimosamo
Nothin special about them. Maybe your just a guy who likes fast guitars and that's it. I do a deeper analysis into music and they LACK a lot of creativity. And I say this after listening most of their albums. BTW, most of their songs seem identical to each other.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 airg6
Yeah, that's what I mean. Usually people who listen to power metal don't appretiate musicians from other metal genres. They need to know there are great musicians outsite PM. Just to mention some great musicians: Steve Digorgio (Sadus Bass player), Andy La Roque (King Diamond guitars), Frost (Satyricon drummer), Kerry King (Slayer guitars), among many other great musicians.lacrimosamo
Im not saying that all metal is bad and i dont know why you thought i did. I like some metal but not death metal like slayer
Spykezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10 Spykezilla
Member since 2004 • 7652 Posts
Through TheFire and Flames looks real fun.
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lacrimosamo
[QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]Why would anyone be excited for that? Dragonforce is just another of the million crappy power metal bands around. I' ll be excited if Sodom, Sadus, Cathedral, even Slayer were included.airg6

Are you smoking crack. You say theres nothing good about them because youve probably never heard any of there songs. Also how have they become mainstream

I've heard most of their albums and their so repetitive I almost fell asleep. Playing guitar in a fast way doesn't make you virtous nor good. You might just be a poser kid pretending to be bad or something.

lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lacrimosamo

[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]Yeah, that's what I mean. Usually people who listen to power metal don't appretiate musicians from other metal genres. They need to know there are great musicians outsite PM. Just to mention some great musicians: Steve Digorgio (Sadus Bass player), Andy La Roque (King Diamond guitars), Frost (Satyricon drummer), Kerry King (Slayer guitars), among many other great musicians.airg6
Im not saying that all metal is bad and i dont know why you thought i did. I like some metal but not death metal like slayer

Slayer used to play Trash metal, not Death.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 airg6
Nothin special about them. Maybe your just a guy who likes fast guitars and that's it. I do a deeper analysis into music and they LACK a lot of creativity. And I say this after listening most of their albums. BTW, most of their songs seem identical to each other.lacrimosamo
You say they lack creativity. Well some of the noises they make with there guitars are pretty creative although i agree with you that some of there songs sound similiar but not all. Also there drummer is very good.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 airg6
[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]Why would anyone be excited for that? Dragonforce is just another of the million crappy power metal bands around. I' ll be excited if Sodom, Sadus, Cathedral, even Slayer were included.lacrimosamo

I've heard most of their albums and their so repetitive I almost fell asleep. Playing guitar in a fast way doesn't make you virtous nor good. You might just be a poser kid pretending to be bad or something.

You think there bad at playing guitar just because you think some good song you here where they play guitar slow as hell and all you would have to do is go online and look for the chords for the song and learn to play it in one night. Also you call me a poser but i play an actual guitar unlike most of you.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"][QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]Why would anyone be excited for that? Dragonforce is just another of the million crappy power metal bands around. I' ll be excited if Sodom, Sadus, Cathedral, even Slayer were included.airg6

You think there bad at playing guitar just because you think some good song you here where they play guitar slow as hell and all you would have to do is go online and look for the chords for the song and learn to play it in one night. Also you call me a poser but i play an actual guitar unlike most of you.

Just because they smash the frets (I know your not going to like my word choice there) really fast does not make them any better then slower rock guitarist. I also would like to see a song where their drummer does not use double base, then again I guess that's required for power metal.

But really they're not even that great of a power metal band. I can name two bands that are better off the top of my head:

Iced Earth

Stratovarius

Guess it all just comes down to personal opinion.

lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lacrimosamo

[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"][QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

airg6

Actually, the reason why i dont play GH is bc I am a guitar and bass guitar player. Though, Im actually the lead vocal in a band.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 airg6

[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="lacrimosamo"][QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

lacrimosamo

Actually, the reason why i dont play GH is bc I am a guitar and bass guitar player. Though, Im actually the lead vocal in a band.

yeah its probably some garage band and thats all it will be. Also all that remains is awsome
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 airg6
If you want to hear a good drummer listen to avenged sevenfold
arcelice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 arcelice
Member since 2007 • 702 Posts
im excited about dragonforce being on GH3. Through the Fire and Flames seems like a good song for GH.
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lacrimosamo
[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="lacrimosamo"][QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"] Just because they smash the frets (I know your not going to like my word choice there) really fast does not make them any better then slower rock guitarist. I also would like to see a song where their drummer does not use double base, then again I guess that's required for power metal.

But really they're not even that great of a power metal band. I can name two bands that are better off the top of my head:

Iced Earth

Stratovarius

limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="lacrimosamo"][QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="limpbizkit818"]

[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]Why would anyone be excited for that? Dragonforce is just another of the million crappy power metal bands around. I' ll be excited if Sodom, Sadus, Cathedral, even Slayer were included.limpbizkit818

Just because they smash the frets (I know your not going to like my word choice there) really fast does not make them any better then slower rock guitarist. I also would like to see a song where their drummer does not use double base, then again I guess that's required for power metal.

Iced Earth

Stratovarius

Im not saying their bad bc they play fast. It's just that they're not good at it. I prefer Gravedigger in the PM genre. Though Stratovarius had its good songs (Twilight Symphony, Black Diamond, etc).

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 limpbizkit818

im excited about dragonforce being on GH3. Through the Fire and Flames seems like a good song for GH.arcelice
Looks rather hard on expert:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ZutgOyA9EY

shock_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#22 shock_88
Member since 2003 • 310 Posts

lol it looks harder in the game than playing it on a real guitar

I like dragonforce i don't understand why people hate them so much....

then again i think slayer is garbage so it's all opinion guess

baronOdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 baronOdoom
Member since 2006 • 1651 Posts
dragonforce is not necesarily(sp?) good themselves music wise, BUT there ability to play guitar as fast as they can gets them fame and there singer is very talented
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 airg6

shock_88
Same here I think dragonforce is good and slayer is garbage cause I can actually understand what dragonforce is saying
Mercenary343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mercenary343
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
If a band sounds good, listen to them.
Don't listen to these synical people, they are just being arrogant and are pretending to be metalheads.
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 limpbizkit818
If a band sounds good, listen to them.
Don't listen to these synical people, they are just being arrogant and are pretending to be metalheads.
Mercenary343
If that's your term for having an opinion, then I agree.
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#27 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
No, I don't want to play nintendo music.
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lacrimosamo
hahahaha, If your as "true" as you claim then why don't you discuss metal with me. Defending PM is one of the worst things you can do. Since it is the genre that has sold itself to fame. A few bands are still worth.
Hobbies230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Hobbies230
Member since 2005 • 1025 Posts
Also you call me a poser but i play an actual guitar unlike most of you.airg6

:lol: Wow.

You know this as a fact? Many, many people who play Guitar Hero are real guitar players, and a great deal of teenagers take up guitar these days, so don't try to make yourself stand out.

I've never even heard of Dragonforce until I saw the ScoreHero video of Through Fire and Flames. Then again, I don't listen to that genre of music. Anyway, it'll be a real challenge, but I'm up to it.

R3B311I0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 R3B311I0N
Member since 2005 • 978 Posts

The only reason DragonForce is any good is their guitar playing abilities. Their lyrics are terrible imo.

That being said, those guys can f*ckin shred. Can't wait to give their tracks a try in GHIII

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 airg6
hahahaha, If your as "true" as you claim then why do you discuss metal with me.lacrimosamo
You know what you make no sense at all. I never said I didnt like metal and you keep making these stupid statements
limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 limpbizkit818
[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]hahahaha, If your as "true" as you claim then why do you discuss metal with me.airg6
You know what you make no sense at all. I never said I didnt like metal and you keep making these stupid statements

I think his comment was directed at Mercenary343.
kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts
[QUOTE="shock_88"]

airg6

Same here I think dragonforce is good and slayer is garbage cause I can actually understand what dragonforce is saying

dragonforce are terrible live, seen them 3 times, all by accident; festival and warmup band

they miss so many notes it's like red on the rockometer.

lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lacrimosamo

This was for mercenary. I never thought you didn't like metal. However, you show a lack of knowledge by claiming Slayer plays Death. Anyway, have fun listening to whatever you please and if you want to hear more metal, you can always ask me for recommendations on other metal genres.

Mercenary343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Mercenary343
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

Why are you putting words in my mouth?

I never said I knew a lot about the genre of metal, and I never even mentioned Slayer.

I just know that some people are arrogant with their music tastes; it applies to all genres of music. My message is to enjoy whatever sounds good and stop being so critical of everything. That is the point of music, anyways, rock out and have fun. Keep on rocking the free world, not the "Z0mg, Dragonforce are teh noobs, LoL!!!" world.

lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lacrimosamo

I never said I knew a lot about the genre of metal, and I never even mentioned Slayer.

I just know that some people are arrogant with their music tastes; it applies to all genres of music. My message is to enjoy whatever sounds good and stop being so critical of everything. That is the point of music, anyways, rock out and have fun. Keep on rocking the free world, not the "Z0mg, Dragonforce are teh noobs, LoL!!!" world.

Mercenary343

Ok dude, Fine. About the Slayer thing it was for the other guy airg6.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 airg6

This was for mercenary. I never thought you didn't like metal. However, you show a lack of knowledge by claiming Slayer plays Death. Anyway, have fun listening to whatever you please and if you want to hear more metal, you can always ask me for recommendations on other metal genres.

lacrimosamo
What are you talking about slayer does play death metal.
Avatar image for Eminemster10704
Eminemster10704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Eminemster10704
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
I never really liked rock or metal until I started playing guitar hero.. I'm not really a musician at all but I'm amazing at guitar hero.. ppl tell me to get a real guitar cuz I look like I would be amazing... but I rather pick up women wit my boys on weekends and play baseball lol. not saying there's anything wrong with being a musician because I think their amazing.. I just don't have the time. Anyway before GH I listened to a lot of latin and englishstuff... (u know; bachata, merengue, reggaeton, and some pop and hip hop (not rap)here and there) but never rock. Then I started playing GH and started buying Incubus, My Chemical Romance, All That Remains, Drist, Good Charlotte, Fall Out Boy, etc albums... That being said I tihnk that GH has introduced metal and rock in general to a lot of people that wouldn't normally listen to it. Just be happy that your favorite band is in the game and don't rag on other people's choice of music.. personally I hate the screaming in songs but love the fast guitars like All Tha Remains's "Six" and Drist's "Arterial Black".... just thought I would put my 2 cents :)
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 airg6

Mercenary343

I agree with you and its okay to not like dragonforce wich i think you dont like but i do. Also I listen to rap and other kinds of music aswell.

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 airg6
I never really liked rock or metal until I started playing guitar hero.. I'm not really a musician at all but I'm amazing at guitar hero.. ppl tell me to get a real guitar cuz I look like I would be amazing... but I rather pick up women wit my boys on weekends and play baseball lol. not saying there's anything wrong with being a musician because I think their amazing.. I just don't have the time. Anyway before GH I listened to a lot of latin and englishstuff... (u know; bachata, merengue, reggaeton, and some pop and hip hop (not rap)here and there) but never rock. Then I started playing GH and started buying Incubus, My Chemical Romance, All That Remains, Drist, Good Charlotte, Fall Out Boy, etc albums... That being said I tihnk that GH has introduced metal and rock in general to a lot of people that wouldn't normally listen to it. Just be happy that your favorite band is in the game and don't rag on other people's choice of music.. personally I hate the screaming in songs but love the fast guitars like All Tha Remains's "Six" and Drist's "Arterial Black".... just thought I would put my 2 cents :)Eminemster10704
By the way hip hop is rap
Avatar image for Eminemster10704
Eminemster10704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eminemster10704
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts
eh watever... the only "rap" I listen to is Eminem, Tupac, and Big Pun... I hate all other rap... especially the new stuff. I guess I meant pop then cuz I actually own the Justin Timberlake album. yes... its that good
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 airg6
Jt is allright but tupac is the best. my favorite song by tupac is changes ever heard of it
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lacrimosamo
[QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]

airg6

Dude, Slayer does not play Death metal and they have never played death metal. They used to play trash metal up to Seasons in the Abyss(their last trash metal album), after that they play somekind of metalcore/hardcore. Death metal examples are Obituary, Death, Carcass(early albums),Deicide,etc. If you listen to them you'll notice a big difference. Don't try to teach me about metal, beleive you won't be able to.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

ive never actually played a gh game....but i can imagine the Dragonforce songs being the hardest in the game

i love dragonforce because of how incredibly fast they are....i cant even imagine how fast u gotta push the buttons on that guitar

COBAIN_x87x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 COBAIN_x87x
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
Yeah, I don't really like them but it will be a fun song to play.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
[QUOTE="airg6"][QUOTE="lacrimosamo"]

lacrimosamo

Dude, Slayer does not play Death metal and they have never played death metal. They used to play trash metal up to Seasons in the Abyss(their last trash metal album), after that they play somekind of metalcore/hardcore. Death metal examples are Obituary, Death, Carcass(early albums),Deicide,etc. If you listen to them you'll notice a big difference. Don't try to teach me about metal, beleive you won't be able to.

yea, slayer isnt death

if u want to hear some death listen to cannibal corpse....trust me ull hear the difference in the vocals

or if u prefer melodic death metal as i do, arch enemy is a great choice

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 airg6
if you dont think there death why are all there songs satanic like raining blood and my friend showd me a canibal corpse video and there the most satanic band on earth.
airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 airg6
also in death metal bands like slayer I can never understand what the singer is saying and the only reason all you people dislike dragonforce is because most of you like more heavier music like slayer, canibal corpse and gwar
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lacrimosamo

if you dont think there death why are all there songs satanic like raining blood and my friend showd me a canibal corpse video and there the most satanic band on earth.airg6

Dude Cannibal Corpse is not satanic, for satanic bands listen black metal, like Darkthrone, Mayhem,Dark Funeral, etc. Death metal may contain satanic elements in their lyrics but their lyrics are more based in violence, gore, etc. For Slayer, I think they just used the satanic lyrics as a way to sell more albums since even Tom Araya has stated he's a christian. Trash metal is more based on war lyrics. Once again you have showed everyone you don't know anything about metal. And by the Cannibal Corpse will never be the most satanic band on earth.