I think skate is better than Bioshock

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kevondadon
Member since 2007 • 309 Posts
If you want to go by just fun of the game, skate will be a more played and better game. I played the Tony Hawk skate games but, I never bought on launch. skate will be bought on launch. I played the demo more then I played Bioshock. Bioshock is a 1 run game. skate is going to be my game till Halo 3 and still will get some good burn in when that comes out. People will rate skate lower cause it is a skating game and Bioshock is a fps. But I think if I had to choose which game to solely play for the rest of the year, I can play skate till 08, I can't play Bioshock till 08. Do you agree?
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts
Skate is totally different from Bioshock, though. :|

Are you saying in terms of long term enjoyment and terms of "fun factor?"
Prodigy117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Prodigy117
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
Bioshock and Skate are two completely different games. How can you compare???
Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kevondadon
I know they are way different. But I think games should be judge on length of enjoyment too. Bioshock is good. But how many times can you beat it before getting bored. skate will be a game that is played well after beating the solo missions, therefore should be rated alittle higher because of it. The rating should show overall enjoyment not for just 1 playthru, but for multiple playthrus. When you first beat skate, you are going to learn move that you didn't know in the beginning. You can skate with other people like in Test Drive Unlimited. This should be a 9.5 at least.
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
Can't really compare them, when its different genres like that its all about preference.
Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kevondadon
You keep saying they are 2 different games but they are under the same rating system. Now if there was a fps rating and a sport rating it would be different. But I constantly see good replayable games get rated lower than 1 play games.
RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RockysCatnipCo
Thats like comparing apples and oranges. It just doesn't work...
Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts

You keep saying they are 2 different games but they are under the same rating system. Now if there was a fps rating and a sport rating it would be different. But I constantly see good replayable games get rated lower than 1 play games.Kevondadon

So WoW is the best game ever made?

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts
Thats like comparing apples and oranges. It just doesn't work...RockysCatnipCo
I like apples more than oranges. I just compared them. You can compare ANYTHING to another. I hate when people say you can't.
Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kevondadon
No. WoW is a community like game which won't count as replayability cause you can keep upgrading on the 1st playthru. I am talking about sports and action and adventure games get rated lower then fps. I like fps but they don't seem to have the staying power as a GeOW or skate. I don't even have the game yet and skate demo is played more then my discs. Where is the hype for this game? I seen more hype for 2 worlds. I seemore hype for Halo and MOH and COD. skate will have be just as much fun to play. Watch it be rated lower then all of those games(except two worlds). I know it is speculation but I seen it in the past.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
thats coz sports games blow. if you want to play a sport then get outside n play it.
Avatar image for -Silent--Death-
-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Silent--Death-
Member since 2007 • 1365 Posts

Any game is better than Bioshock....imo

thats coz sports games blow. if you want to play a sport then get outside n play it.darksusperia

I do motocross in real life, but for someone to "go outside n 'play it'" it would cost them thousands of dollars, and a lot of time and effort. Rather than a $60 game which can push the boundries of the sport that you can't do in real life.

I could say FPS games blow. If you want to shoot someone, go outside and do it.

RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RockysCatnipCo
[QUOTE="RockysCatnipCo"]Thats like comparing apples and oranges. It just doesn't work...Lobster_Ear
I like apples more than oranges. I just compared them. You can compare ANYTHING to another. I hate when people say you can't.

It's a figure of speech moron...
skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skazbot
Member since 2006 • 333 Posts
I think fish tatses better than chocolate.
-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Silent--Death-
A fiqure of speech which is wrong. The TC said he thought Skate was better than Bioshock. So what if they are two different games? It still "works"
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
apples and oranges man, apples and oranges
Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kevondadon

thats coz sports games blow. if you want to play a sport then get outside n play it.darksusperia

See, that is what I am talking about. You will play 4 different army games and hate on a sprots game. Why does skate blow? I play all of the Rainbows and GRAW and MOH and CODs. I think sport games are better then over half of them. Tiger Woods, MLB 2k7, NBA2k7, alone beat out half of them. You talk about sports just being a upgrade from last year, then why am I fighting the same war on every game. I was playing MOH demo and forgot I was playing it. I kept calling it COD. Some people think weird. I t seems like they run with the crowd instead of finding a good game to play. Also they won't play a game if the review is below 9. I enjoy alot of 7-9 rated games. I didn't enjoy alot of games over 9. I was so-so with Bioshock. I didn't like Forza. All the army games are played out. I hope this new 1 with the fake war is better.

RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RockysCatnipCo
A fiqure of speech which is wrong. The TC said he thought Skate was better than Bioshock. So what if they are two different games? It still "works"-Silent--Death-
But the thing about COMPARING something is that you find what is similar about the two. You can't COMPARE things if they don't have any similarities...
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darksusperia

I do motocross in real life, but for someone to "go outside n 'play it'" it would cost them thousands of dollars, and a lot of time and effort. Rather than a $60 game which can push the boundries of the sport that you can't do in real life.

-Silent--Death-

LOL. I was waiting for that..

You could but the difference is shooting ppl is illegal. You spending thousands of dollars to support your moto-x habit isnt.

And I was more referring to football, skate-boarding etc. but I wasnt specific so meh, which incidently, wont cost ppl 60 $'s to do. just the price of a football..or skateboard, which still isnt in the thousands.

skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skazbot
FISH>CHOCOLATE
goallie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 goallie
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts
Good for you.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts

FISH>CHOCOLATEskazbot

youre wrong cause ravioli beats carrots any day

saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 saiyanlarry
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts
**** just going outside and doing it. i used to skateboard for a while but it sucked. id much rather play skate than to go out and get back on my board.
skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skazbot
Dude your missing the point all together becuase jolly ranchers tatse likebutt compared to a live man's left thumb. (pushing it?)
skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skazbot

**** just going outside and doing it. i used to skateboard for a while but it sucked. id much rather play skate than to go out and get back on my board.saiyanlarry

what?

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 darksusperia

See, that is what I am talking about. You will play 4 different army games and hate on a sprots game. Kevondadon

I hate on all sports games coz A) their never anything new or wonderful. B) been done so many times most ppl dont care anymore.

Why does skate blow? Kevondadon

To be honest, I havent played it but its just another skateboard game with online play. hasnt that been done already too?

I play all of the Rainbows and GRAW and MOH and CODs. I think sport games are better then over half of them. Tiger Woods, MLB 2k7, NBA2k7, alone beat out half of them. You talk about sports just being a upgrade from last year, then why am I fighting the same war on every game. I was playing MOH demo and forgot I was playing it. I kept calling it COD. Kevondadon

Precisely why I dont like COD1,2,3 or MOH or any other god damn WW1/2 shooter.

It seems like they run with the crowd instead of finding a good game to play. Also they won't play a game if the review is below 9. I enjoy alot of 7-9 rated games. I didn't enjoy alot of games over 9. I was so-so with Bioshock. I didn't like Forza. All the army games are played out. I hope this new 1 with the fake war is better. Kevondadon

I have a few games that got low ratings. I play what I want to play, hell, I even have viva pinata.
Alot of ppl didnt like forza because of the technical aspect. and yes, what I said can even apply to forza. you wanna race cars get out there n do it I guess (if u got the money). I dont - thats why I bought it.
And yep, alot of army games r played out by far. I mainly stick with GRAW, RB6 but even they are starting to head down the same path..

-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Silent--Death-
[QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"]

darksusperia

You could but the difference is shooting ppl is illegal. You spending thousands of dollars to support your moto-x habit isnt.

And I was more referring to football, skate-boarding etc. but I wasnt specific so meh, which incidently, wont cost ppl 60 $'s to do. just the price of a football..or skateboard, which still isnt in the thousands.

Skating on powerlines (think Tony Hawks) is probably also illegal.

The point being, some people simply can't do what they want to do, maybe due to where they live, if they can afford it, if they can actually do it etc. Hence why they create video games based on the sport. Even tho I do mx, I still buy the games because

A) It doesn't cost to put fuel into the bike in a video game

B) I can play it all night, rather than a few hours on the weekend irl.

C) I don't get tired, I won't work up a sweat all over my body

D) It's safe, I won't break any bones

E) I can do things in games I can't do irl (backflips etc)

F) And simply, it has the some idea behind it as any video game. To allow the player to do what the game allows, rather than physics, cost, weather etc.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darksusperia
[QUOTE="darksusperia"][QUOTE="-Silent--Death-"]

-Silent--Death-

Skating on powerlines (think Tony Hawks) is probably also illegal.

The point being, some people simply can't do what they want to do, maybe due to where they live, if they can afford it, if they can actually do it etc. Hence why they create video games based on the sport. Even tho I do mx, I still buy the games because

A) It doesn't cost to put fuel into the bike in a video game

B) I can play it all night, rather than a few hours on the weekend irl.

C) I don't get tired, I won't work up a sweat all over my body

D) It's safe, I won't break any bones

E) I can do things in games I can't do irl (backflips etc)

F) And simply, it has the some idea behind it as any video game. To allow the player to do what the game allows, rather than physics, cost, weather etc.

dude, u missed the point, as I pointed out. I wasnt referring to motorsports in the slightest.

EDIT: and yes, ud be quite the fool to try and skate on powerlines.. much like the kid who put his powersupply into a pan of water to cool it down......

-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -Silent--Death-

The point is, it's still a sport.

I could easily reuse those points for something like skating. People just either cant do it irl, dont want to hurt themselves, dont have anywhere to ride or cant afford it.

The_PirateKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_PirateKing
Member since 2005 • 9714 Posts
~-~I just have a why bother feel to that game.:| Why don't I just go outside and skate for real?~-~
Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kevondadon
You can compare the two because they are both games. Regardles of genre. That's like saying you can't compare the US to England because they are two different countries. Apples and Oranges are both fruit. Bioshock and skate are both games. Just because one is made to be more fun doesn't mean you can't compare them. People compare Halo and Killzone 2. Two different games.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darksusperia

The point is, it's still a sport.

I could easily reuse those points for something like skating. People just either cant do it irl, dont want to hurt themselves, dont have anywhere to ride or cant afford it.

-Silent--Death-

fair enough, but on that note, rock band drum kit better have double bass otherwise u can kiss most rock songs goodbye, but then again, it probably wont coz ppl dont like a challenge these days and it would be just too hard...poor little things.

RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RockysCatnipCo
Two different games. Kevondadon
The point isn't two different games, but two different genres. sure you can like one more than the other but it doesn't mean the other is bad. They're both good games. Just leave it at that.
Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Papoose718
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
you can compare any two games that you want to..it doesnt matter what the genre is... the point in the comparison is which game does what it is supposed to do better EXAMPLE: Rainbow Six Vegas is supposed to provide tactical gameplay, realism in guns and actions, good multiplayer, etc......Guitar Hero 2 is supposed to provide the experience of being a rockstar and feeling like your actually the artists playing the song while providing great controls.....now which one of those is better at doing what its supposed...Theres how you compare 2 totally different games
lacrimosamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lacrimosamo
Member since 2005 • 691 Posts
I respect you opinion. I really think Bioshock has a great replay value. I'm playing my first round now and I'm exploring everything. So when I beat it, I'm going through the game again doing different actions than my first play. This is in order to get the 1000 gp and to enjoy the game at its maximum. Obviously, a MP game is most likely to keep you playing it for longer. So, I think everyone should play and enjoy whatever they like but it is not necessary to have a universal law that states that A is better than B. It depends on people point of view.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 darksusperia

you can compare any two games that you want to..it doesnt matter what the genre is... the point in the comparison is which game does what it is supposed to do better EXAMPLE: Rainbow Six Vegas is supposed to provide tactical gameplay, realism in guns and actions, good multiplayer, etc......Guitar Hero 2 is supposed to provide the experience of being a rockstar and feeling like your actually the artists playing the song while providing great controls.....now which one of those is better at doing what its supposed...Theres how you compare 2 totally different gamesPapoose718

well the fact that when u hide behind the wall in R6 ur health comes back totally negates the realism they went for..

Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Papoose718

[QUOTE="Papoose718"]you can compare any two games that you want to..it doesnt matter what the genre is... the point in the comparison is which game does what it is supposed to do better EXAMPLE: Rainbow Six Vegas is supposed to provide tactical gameplay, realism in guns and actions, good multiplayer, etc......Guitar Hero 2 is supposed to provide the experience of being a rockstar and feeling like your actually the artists playing the song while providing great controls.....now which one of those is better at doing what its supposed...Theres how you compare 2 totally different gamesdarksusperia

well the fact that when u hide behind the wall in R6 ur health comes back totally negates the realism they went for..

well yea i kno i was just using it as an example

-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Silent--Death-

[QUOTE="Papoose718"]you can compare any two games that you want to..it doesnt matter what the genre is... the point in the comparison is which game does what it is supposed to do better EXAMPLE: Rainbow Six Vegas is supposed to provide tactical gameplay, realism in guns and actions, good multiplayer, etc......Guitar Hero 2 is supposed to provide the experience of being a rockstar and feeling like your actually the artists playing the song while providing great controls.....now which one of those is better at doing what its supposed...Theres how you compare 2 totally different gamesdarksusperia

No game has perfect realism, let alone anything remotely close. Having a health system negates the realism. If you get shot irl, you'll prolly fall to the ground and/or die.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darksusperia
[QUOTE="darksusperia"]

[QUOTE="Papoose718"]you can compare any two games that you want to..it doesnt matter what the genre is... the point in the comparison is which game does what it is supposed to do better EXAMPLE: Rainbow Six Vegas is supposed to provide tactical gameplay, realism in guns and actions, good multiplayer, etc......Guitar Hero 2 is supposed to provide the experience of being a rockstar and feeling like your actually the artists playing the song while providing great controls.....now which one of those is better at doing what its supposed...Theres how you compare 2 totally different games-Silent--Death-

No game has perfect realism, let alone anything remotely close. Having a health system negates the realism. If you get shot irl, you'll prolly fall to the ground and/or die.

GRAW 2 PC...

smiley17O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 smiley17O
Member since 2006 • 1423 Posts
No. WoW is a community like game which won't count as replayability cause you can keep upgrading on the 1st playthru. I am talking about sports and action and adventure games get rated lower then fps. I like fps but they don't seem to have the staying power as a GeOW or skate. I don't even have the game yet and skate demo is played more then my discs. Where is the hype for this game? I seen more hype for 2 worlds. I seemore hype for Halo and MOH and COD. skate will have be just as much fun to play. Watch it be rated lower then all of those games(except two worlds). I know it is speculation but I seen it in the past. Kevondadon
but wow was graded on the same criteria as bioshock and skate and halo and all other games... so WOW is the best game right?
Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kevondadon

~-~I just have a why bother feel to that game.:| Why don't I just go outside and skate for real?~-~The_PirateKing

Can you do a fs heelflip 360? Or a shove it into a manual into a laser flip? I can't and I think I would save on hospital bills by playing the game. I could joint he army and fight in the war that is going on now, but I don't. Just saying go outside and do it is not a way to pick out games. You will only play games that you can't do in real life? Because sports is not that eassy to do. Yea I can shoot hoops, but can I play with the Lakers in real life? No. Can I compete in the X games? No. So I do it in the game. That excuse is a way of trying to stop the thought of skate being a better game. I am not saying that all sport games are better. It is that skate is 1 of the sport games in the longest that changed the way you play. No upgrades, no added graphics to last year games, NEW ways to play. It will beat out THPG by a mile. Only dedicated TH players will still go to that game to press y to grind and x and b to do tricks. I will be doing my tricks manually which makes it more challenging and fun. Bioshock is not leaving my mouth after Sep. 2.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 darksusperia

[QUOTE="The_PirateKing"]~-~I just have a why bother feel to that game.:| Why don't I just go outside and skate for real?~-~Kevondadon

That excuse is a way of trying to stop the thought of skate being a better game.

coz of all the tilda's I think hes being sarcastic. and if not then hes not trying to stop the thought of the game being better, just answering ur question of whether he agreed or not.. Much like my, sports games blow comment.

gnomegnasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gnomegnasher
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

If you want to go by just fun of the game, skate will be a more played and better game. I played the Tony Hawk skate games but, I never bought on launch skate will be bought on launch. I played the demo more then I played Bioshock. Bioshock is a 1 run game. skate is going to be my game till Halo 3 and still will get some good burn in when that comes out. People will rate skate lower cause it is a skating game and Bioshock is a fps. But I think if I had to choose which game to solely play for the rest of the year, I can play skate till 08, I can't play Bioshock till 08. Do you agree?Kevondadon

I think you are just trying to cause some controversy. Only an idiot would even think about comparing two games so completely different. Thats like saying MAdden 08 is better than Halo 2.

And only an even bigger idiot would seriously try to come to a conclusion after making the comparison. And i dont think anyone is quite that idiotic.

So please...dont make these comparisons just to cause some commotion. its not worth it

Papoose718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Papoose718

[QUOTE="Kevondadon"]If you want to go by just fun of the game, skate will be a more played and better game. I played the Tony Hawk skate games but, I never bought on launch skate will be bought on launch. I played the demo more then I played Bioshock. Bioshock is a 1 run game. skate is going to be my game till Halo 3 and still will get some good burn in when that comes out. People will rate skate lower cause it is a skating game and Bioshock is a fps. But I think if I had to choose which game to solely play for the rest of the year, I can play skate till 08, I can't play Bioshock till 08. Do you agree?gnomegnasher

I think you are just trying to cause some controversy. Only an idiot would even think about comparing two games so completely different. Thats like saying MAdden 08 is better than Halo 2.

And only an even bigger idiot would seriously try to come to a conclusion after making the comparison. And i dont think anyone is quite that idiotic.

So please...dont make these comparisons just to cause some commotion. its not worth it

aswell as the fact that he's basing this on a game that is out with rave reviews and all ready in discussion for GOTY v.s. a game that isnt out

not to say that skate is bad but lets be serious...

Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kevondadon

[QUOTE="Kevondadon"]No. WoW is a community like game which won't count as replayability cause you can keep upgrading on the 1st playthru. I am talking about sports and action and adventure games get rated lower then fps. I like fps but they don't seem to have the staying power as a GeOW or skate. I don't even have the game yet and skate demo is played more then my discs. Where is the hype for this game? I seen more hype for 2 worlds. I seemore hype for Halo and MOH and COD. skate will have be just as much fun to play. Watch it be rated lower then all of those games(except two worlds). I know it is speculation but I seen it in the past. smiley17O
but wow was graded on the same criteria as bioshock and skate and halo and all other games... so WOW is the best game right?

Ithink WOW is in the top five games of the decade. I mean look at how many people play it. Your right. It would be the best out of those games because different age groups, races and genders are into that game. It has a fun atmosphere. It is a LLLOOOOONNGGGG game to play so it would keep me in it for a while. I just think that games that have no online and no multiplayer are kinda last gen. Not that many games came out that didn't have at least one of the two.I mean at least a co-op would have been good. I didn't pay for xbl to play a game for myself. And playing thru a second or third time just to get acheivements doesn't mean it is going to be just as fun. I know I played thru Gears at least three times. That is because I played it by myself on insane, then insane with someone at my house on co-op, then co-op online.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darksusperia

Ithink WOW is in the top five games of the decade. I mean look at how many people play it. Your right. It would be the best out of those games because different age groups, races and genders are into that game. It has a fun atmosphere. It is a LLLOOOOONNGGGG game to play so it would keep me in it for a while. I just think that games that have no online and no multiplayer are kinda last gen. Not that many games came out that didn't have at least one of the two.I mean at least a co-op would have been good. I didn't pay for xbl to play a game for myself. And playing thru a second or third time just to get acheivements doesn't mean it is going to be just as fun. I know I played thru Gears at least three times. That is because I played it by myself on insane, then insane with someone at my house on co-op, then co-op online.

Kevondadon

ahh now its revealed.. no multiplayer makes it bad than any online game.. I see.. Im sorry but im grateful that they stuck to their guns and made an epic experience with a good story instead of then tacking on mp and bringing the game as a whole down for the unthought, rushed mp. massive phail.

Atleast when I die in bioshock, I can threaten them with, "ur gonna burn 'insert choice word here' " and mean it!!. lol..

warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 warz989
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
Kevondadon...TRUST ME...dont compare any game thats not an fps to bioshock. I tried with oblivion (as some of you may remember)and it is no use.
warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 warz989
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
The bioshock fans will burn you at the stake if you compare anything but an fps to bioshock. :|
NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Skate's concept is truely innovating when it comes to skateboarding. It can definitely corner it's own market in the sport realm. But control preferences is probably going to make or break it. This is where the game is suppose to shine, the controls. It presents individual style. You can watch player videos of the demo, and notice the difference in the skating. I've seen players who make thein-game skating look good while others are just sketchy. And then there are more awkard styles. There's also a differencein consistency when it comes to doing specific tricks. Not to mention each player will have his own bag of know-how.

The Flick-it system will provide a interesting outlook on how you skate in a videogame. Not to mention Free Skate is suppose to be an adventure and the ability to actually play a true game of S.K.A.T.E. is hell of interesting. Those two modes along with more can be done online. Not to mention the skate.reel will bring a interesting twist to the community with video editing. The game has it's own sense of satisfaction. BUT! All of it is based on the success of the controls. And my concern is that it won't be streamlined enough, or it'll be simply clunky. Now in comparison with the next Proving Grounds there is indeed a rival set.

Yes. Skate could be a surprise that fooled everyone in development, and in return is a true success in the videogame industry. I always said that a good game is able to compete with other titles outside its own genre for the customer's money. But EA has much to prove with Skate since it's a new franchise. There has been nothing but good news about it, even with the learning curve. Bioshock earned its place, and Skate has to do the same. Then you can start comparing. :P

Kevondadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kevondadon

[QUOTE="Kevondadon"]If you want to go by just fun of the game, skate will be a more played and better game. I played the Tony Hawk skate games but, I never bought on launch skate will be bought on launch. I played the demo more then I played Bioshock. Bioshock is a 1 run game. skate is going to be my game till Halo 3 and still will get some good burn in when that comes out. People will rate skate lower cause it is a skating game and Bioshock is a fps. But I think if I had to choose which game to solely play for the rest of the year, I can play skate till 08, I can't play Bioshock till 08. Do you agree?gnomegnasher

Madden 08 is not as good as Halo. I don't know why it is so hard to compare games. Madden has it were you juke and its all over. You either fumble or break for a big gain. They haven't found their sweet spot yet with gameplay. Me as Brian Urlacher could talke Willie Parker. He would spin off me or juke out of my grasp. I think Halo 2 was not as bad as people made it to be. It was not the final hurrah. It was a link game. Halo 1 was the beginning, it started the story. Halo 2 was the link because they knew that Halo 3 was a 360 game. Halo 2 was fun. Less stressful would be the right thing to say. I can play Halo without wanting to throw my controller. I almost tossed it a couple of times with Madden.

No controversy is being caused, just my opinion. I notice that a majority of the people on here think alike. I don't. When it come to any 2 games, they can be compared. Not just by preference but by how much better 1 is to the other.Viva Pinata is better then Stranglehold, Test Drive is better then VT3. Def Jam Icon sucked, Phantasy Universe sucked, C&C3 is better then Fight Night 3. See I just compared different genres and still its ok.