I ******* hate Ninja Gaiden 2!!!!!!!!! Rant Warning

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

:evil:

:cry:

Hear I am a grown @$$ man nearly in tears because of this damn game.  So I'm on Chapter 14 and of course there's only one save point at the beginning of the chapter a long with only one shop.  I have 1984 Karma points which ain't enough to buy **** at the shop, and my items include 2x herbs for nimpo and 1x herb of health(the little tree thingy take heals just a fraction of your health).  Okay so I make it to the sub boss(daigri dai or whatever) and the damn game freezes in the middle of the battle.  Okay I've been playing the game for about 8 hours straight maybe I needed a break, so I bite my bottom lip, let the game freeze bs slide, and took an hour break. 

I come back and of course I have to start all the way at the beginning of the stage.  After two tries I finally beat daigri dai somehow without using my 1 healing herb and guess what I have to face the archfiend right off the back without saving. :roll:....................:evil:  It took me a while to figure out how to hurt the damn monster.  Can somebody tell me why when I aim the arrow at that blue orb in his stomach or head it doesn't hurt him, but when I just auto-aim shoot it does?  WTF?  So after figuring out how to kill the damn boss my electricity goes out. :|.............:x.  Guess what?  I have to start all the way at beginning of the chapter again and fight daigri dai, a****ingain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?  Why?  Why? :cry:

*start's slitting rist*

Alpha-909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Alpha-909
Member since 2007 • 797 Posts
I had only 720 points, NO healing items at all, before the priest guy.:evil:
Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#3 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts
I hate this game as well. Talk about frustrating. Sure, certain games have high difficulty are meant to challenge gamers, but this game is ridiculous.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
u got an extra surprise heading ur way after killing that guy, save up all ur healing things! or buy more! watever! lol
Avatar image for TheLadiesChoice
TheLadiesChoice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheLadiesChoice
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts

This is the frustration that I commend you for.

I truly believe at least a MILLION more people wouldve bought Ninja Gaiden II if they fear the fact that it was knowingly difficult, even cheap at times.

But once you beat it, its the ultimate satisfaction. And after Dagra Dai, you should be ok because the Archfiend is trash.

headninjadog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 headninjadog
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts
I just sold my copy to Gamestop today after only having it a week. The first one was so good that a sequel doesn't do it justice. I'm sticking to the Devil May Cry franchise from now on.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Ninja Gaiden II was such a disappointment. The game felt so broken. It felt like it wasn't even close to being finished. I did mildly enjoy it though.
zintarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 zintarr
Member since 2004 • 2212 Posts
I liked it at first. Then I decided that a game should be fun to play, not a pain in the rear.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts
It's sitting on my shelf never to be played again. Stuck at a boss fight with no way to backtrack to store, have no potions, and I have the *beeeeeeep*ing ninjas throwing shrukiens that blow up when they hit you, while you're fighting the boss. Yeeeeeah. No thanks. I'll take fun now.
AlsNecroplasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#12 AlsNecroplasm
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

Why are you guys crying? how hard is it to figure out button mashing and level one weapon up at a time. i beat them both on my first try BUT my game froze on chapter 16 and i haven't played since its not reading and there doesnt seem to be a single scratch. weird but with the added gore and violence, how could you not love this game just as much as its predecessor on xbox

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

Why are you guys crying? how hard is it to figure out button mashing and level one weapon up at a time. i beat them both on my first try BUT my game froze on chapter 16 and i haven't played since its not reading and there doesnt seem to be a single scratch. weird but with the added gore and violence, how could you not love this game just as much as its predecessor on xbox

AlsNecroplasm
It also froze for me at the end of chapter 16. I had to replay it. I didn't think the game was very hard, I just thought it was poorly made, especially compared to the original.
Avatar image for hot_juicy_steak
hot_juicy_steak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hot_juicy_steak
Member since 2008 • 1096 Posts
thats what ninja gaiden is known for...frustration
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
i got 2 the archefiend and after like ten trys my game froze on me and i haven't put it in since. I should go back and try 2 beat that.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
i restarted the game at like chapter 10 b/c i needed a new strategy for upgrading my weapons and i missed that rod that lets u do all those trials or w/e, stupid game.
bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

Could be the funnest game I ever played. Awesome with a double slice of awesome then chopped into little bloody pieces. Restart from the begining by the time you get back their it won't be so difficult. :)

Where do you get this rod for the challenges?

What difficulty are you guys playing? easy or normal?

I don't even mind dying because you just get to beat the crap out of everything some more.

tgh93_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 tgh93_29
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
Join the club. I got in trouble with the women for kicking the cat multiple times during the game no joke.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts

:evil:

:cry:

Hear I am a grown @$$ man nearly in tears because of this damn game.  So I'm on Chapter 14 and of course there's only one save point at the beginning of the chapter a long with only one shop.  I have 1984 Karma points which ain't enough to buy **** at the shop, and my items include 2x herbs for nimpo and 1x herb of health(the little tree thingy take heals just a fraction of your health).  Okay so I make it to the sub boss(daigri dai or whatever) and the damn game freezes in the middle of the battle.  Okay I've been playing the game for about 8 hours straight maybe I needed a break, so I bite my bottom lip, let the game freeze bs slide, and took an hour break. 

I come back and of course I have to start all the way at the beginning of the stage.  After two tries I finally beat daigri dai somehow without using my 1 healing herb and guess what I have to face the archfiend right off the back without saving. :roll:....................:evil:  It took me a while to figure out how to hurt the damn monster.  Can somebody tell me why when I aim the arrow at that blue orb in his stomach or head it doesn't hurt him, but when I just auto-aim shoot it does?  WTF?  So after figuring out how to kill the damn boss my electricity goes out. :|.............:x.  Guess what?  I have to start all the way at beginning of the chapter again and fight daigri dai, a****ingain!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why?  Why?  Why? :cry:

*start's slitting rist*

CB4McGusto
Welcome to Ninja Gaiden :D it has its hardcore rep for a reason....
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#21 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Ninja Gaiden 2 is a great game imo and one of the years top 10.
Mikka_kippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mikka_kippa
Member since 2005 • 971 Posts
Is this better than Sigma on the PS3 (Technically an upgraded Black). ??? I was thinking about picking it up, bud I heard some bad stuff about it. I really like the Ninja Gaiden games, even the retarded ones for the SNES, lol.
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CB4McGusto

Now that I've calmed down a bit I'd like to say that Ninja Gaiden 2 is a fun game.  I've enjoyed the game for the most part it's just that me being in this predicament at the very end of the game just pisses me off.  So close, yet so far.  I enjoy leveling up my weapons and pulling off combos(especially the inzunsu drop, or whatever it's called the demon drop) and the blood and gore.  I'd give it a 7 out of 10, hell it be a 9 out of 10 if the graphics and camera where improve from the first Ninja Gaiden on xbox and if the save points were better placed within the game.

Wait, Chapter 14 is the last chapter and the archfiend is the last boss battle right?  I'm guessing so because like in the first Ninja Gaiden your close to the end of the game when you have to fight all bosses within the previous chapters again all within one chapter, like I had to in chapters 12 and 13.

Syrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Syrenz
Member since 2008 • 766 Posts
I stopped playing at chap 7
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Yep the game overall is trash. I got to the same point you did and got tired of mashing buttons as fast as I could and hoping for some luck. The game is just cheap and frustrating overall.
bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

Button mashing and luck is the exact opposite way of how your suppossed to play ninja gaiden, no wonder you didn't get very far.

You guys should go play devil may cry, it's easier. Or god of war, you don't even have to think at all, you nearly automatically win. 

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
NG 2 was extremely easy. Of coarse I mastered the original NG so I'm in the minority.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts
Here's a tip, don't button mash, use the combos in the inventory screen. Second power up the sycthe to the max, it dominates every single boss or use the dragon sword/dragon sword +other sword with combos. Learn the bosses patterns. Dagra dai isn't too hard, although much harder than archfiend first form (i did however find the final form difficult).
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts
Button Mashing?? lol. NG 2 takes real skill, if all you do is mash buttons then that's why your loosing. NG 2 is awesome and deserves a 10 in my book!;)
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#30 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Yep the game overall is trash. I got to the same point you did and got tired of mashing buttons as fast as I could and hoping for some luck. The game is just cheap and frustrating overall.Bigboi500

LOL, Ninja Gaiden gameplay is not button mashing haha :lol:

Getting beat alot by bosses doesnt = button mashing and cheap.

Weither you like the game or not, calling it a button mashing doesnt seem right to me.

I have lots of friends who dont like the game because of the difficulty but they admit it takes ALOT of skill.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Yep the game overall is trash. I got to the same point you did and got tired of mashing buttons as fast as I could and hoping for some luck. The game is just cheap and frustrating overall.kozzy1234

LOL, Ninja Gaiden gameplay is not button mashing haha :lol:

Getting beat alot by bosses doesnt = button mashing and cheap.

Weither you like the game or not, calling it a button mashing doesnt seem right to me.

I have lots of friends who dont like the game because of the difficulty but they admit it takes ALOT of skill.

I have tons of "skillz" gaming, I've beaten thousands of games. This game is not a button masher per se, but you do have to push them fast as hard as you can and hope for some luck and the block button does not keep you from taking damage 100%. The bosses are infact cheap near the end, as they do lots of unblockable damage that rips through your entire health with just a few hits and then you have to endure that long load screen again over and over. That's the very definition of cheap.

You can ask ten people and atleast seven out of ten who have played it will say it has lots of cheap moments that require too much trial and error for it's own good. I realise some people play it long enough to think it might be easy, or fabricate the truth and say they beat it with one hand and one eye closed. If I wanted to raise my blood pressure through the roof and punch a hole in the wall I could beat it, but it's just not worth it to me and too frustrating and not what I call fun. 

I'm glad some enjoy it more power to them but stop saying crap like "oh if you don't like it you must not have any skills blah blah blah". Look at my game collection and then you'll see. I've beaten about 95% of my collection so I am very good at games but this game just isn't much fun imo. I give it a 5.5 out of ten.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2add7e33cd3
deactivated-5c2add7e33cd3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5c2add7e33cd3
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts
you know what, i somehow someway ended this game. But I have never been the same person like before. This game is punishing!!!!!!!!
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#33 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

Where do you get this rod for the challenges?

What difficulty are you guys playing? easy or normal?

bad_fur_day

Chapter 2 just before you take the set of stairs up towards the ninja castle.

Right now, Master Ninja.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts
you should try mentor or *shudder* master ninja
makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts

After playing the original for countless repeated hours and becoming more frustrated than i have ever been in my life with alma, i finally learned how to enjoy the ninja gaiden games. i purchased ninja gaiden 2, immediately put it on acolyte, and i beat approximately 2-3 chapters every 2-3 months. this way i sit down, play a few chapters, dont let my frustration build up too high, i have fun, then turn it off and play something else for months then come back to ninja gaiden when ive beaten a few other games. i think im on chapter 10 or 11, and ive maybe died 4 times in total, each on a boss, but acolyte truly is miles easier than the original ninja gaiden where i could attempt a boss 10-20 times and not win. i still hate alma to this day and have never beaten her, but i now have learned how to enjoy the series and i love it

Deltapixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Deltapixel
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
I like NG2, part of the reason why is its difficulty. I'm only playing on the easiest difficulty setting and it's still a challenge to me. I'll probably never finish it on the normal difficulty but I'll try. I don't like games with one diffulty that can be finished easily in 10 hours so... then what?
spidey008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#37 spidey008
Member since 2002 • 2309 Posts
I didn't finish Ninja Gaiden 2. It was a decent game, but no where near the first on the orginal xbox. I'd trade it in and play something else. There are many other good games out there.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
I was frustrated but no where nearly as you. The games core mechinics are perfect, it was just broken, like the devs just forgot to test the bugs.
damaster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 damaster101
Member since 2005 • 1476 Posts
Is it actually that bad?I loved the first one and even though there were some parts which were a pain the ass i eventually got pretty damn good at it, so should i skip this one and play the first one instead because the majority of people are claiming its crap.
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
I steered clear of this game after playing the demo, I spent about 3 minutes trying to run across a wall to cross a gap and I said to myself, "Wow, these in-game mechanics are stellar (sarcasm) I'll keep playing Assassin's Creed thank you" They need a huge camera control update for me to warrant ripping my hair out over the difficulty, lol.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#41 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Is it actually that bad?damaster101

It's really a love/hate kind of game. I personally found it awesome though at the same time not to be as good as Ninja Gaiden Black mainly due to lack of polish, but it gets better if you install the game thanks to the new NXE.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

After playing the original for countless repeated hours and becoming more frustrated than i have ever been in my life with alma, i finally learned how to enjoy the ninja gaiden games. i purchased ninja gaiden 2, immediately put it on acolyte, and i beat approximately 2-3 chapters every 2-3 months. this way i sit down, play a few chapters, dont let my frustration build up too high, i have fun, then turn it off and play something else for months then come back to ninja gaiden when ive beaten a few other games. i think im on chapter 10 or 11, and ive maybe died 4 times in total, each on a boss, but acolyte truly is miles easier than the original ninja gaiden where i could attempt a boss 10-20 times and not win. i still hate alma to this day and have never beaten her, but i now have learned how to enjoy the series and i love it

makchady

I beat Alma on hard the first time. She's easy as hell when you know what to do. I didn't realize so many people had trouble with these games, it definitely separates the men from the boys.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
NGII was awesome IMO.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I like how some people think its a terrible game because its difficult. :roll:

TC I suggest you start the game over and be more careful with your health items next time if you are really having that tough of a time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d0e4d67d0988
Member since 2008 • 5396 Posts
you should try mentor or *shudder* master ninjai-rock-socks
Lol that's like suicide in a jar, I want to finish it on master ninja but seeing how hard the previous difficulty was I don't know if i should start my new game on MN. But then again the challenge is half the fun, that's why I love NG games.
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CB4McGusto

OMFG I BEAT THE GAME!!!!!!!

LOL the ending credits remind me of soul calibur. :P

Finally after having to fight the archfiend in final form like 10 times I finally beat him.  Come to think of it this game wasn't that hard it was just a couple of cheap boss battles that were difficult.  Question, I see in the menu screen that my last load says ALL CHAPTERS COMPLETED and when I start it I get a message saying that I will start at the beginning of the game, but my character status will be the same as when I completed the game what does that mean?  It would be nice if I could load each chapter individually and play it since I beat the game.  That would have been nice, Tecmo!  :evil:

CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CB4McGusto

I like how some people think its a terrible game because its difficult. :roll:

TC I suggest you start the game over and be more careful with your health items next time if you are really having that tough of a time.

DJSAV_101

:|

I suggest you don't make any suggestions!  Seriously did you proof read that post?  Why in the holy hell would I do that?  I'm on the last sub boss battle on the last chapter of the game(been through hell in back with this GOD forsaking game), why would I want to start all over again?

Anyways I beat it; I just had to strategies and use my ninpo at the right times.  Oh yea and I ****ing love the scythe, that weapon is a true life savior.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

I don't blame NG2. But maybe the game froze because of the disc.

But even without losing the electricity or the game freezes, it would have been frustrating still.

guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
You complain about difficulty, Veteran on Call of Duty 4 is freaking stupid, you have to learn patterns through trial and error. Mile High Club...almost blew my brains out.
eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#50 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
LMAO - One of my favourite games, Masterpiece!!!