how can i convince my parents to let me get fallout 3on xbox 360?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

android24557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 android24557
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Im 13 years old and im trying to get my parents to let me get fallout 3, im trying to get them to realize that im never gonna go out and kill people like that.. yet they still just ignore me! its really frusterating and i need good ways to convince them to let me get it!!! this is also the same for a TV in my room.. at first my mom said it was a cool idea but now she says its "creepy" when i have friends over and they sit in my bed.. she says they're dirty and i bet they are.. but im a guy and i dont really care about a little dirt in my bed.. i can just clean it! my dad on the other hand objects to it because he said im gonna be up there the whole time.. but i only have 2 hours a day to play xbox but he's not answering me after i say that.. i need them to understand why id like a TV in my room because itd be fun and away from everyone else. right now i play on this big TV in our tv room that is connected to the kitchen so basically they watching over me the whole time! i told them id pay for it and everything id only want it fro my games.. please help me
__Fais__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 __Fais__
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbYUd1jUc4

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
she says they're dirty and i bet they areandroid24557
First I laughed at this and then at the video in the 2nd post. This thread is already full of win. Thank you.
l33isb345t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 l33isb345t
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

I'm thriteen as well. I cannot play GTAIV, not even the third one.

I have them, i bought them from firends and they have no idea :P

But the most important thing is the TV in your room. If your parents won't give you a good and valid reason, they're paranoid about it. I got a flat screen tube TV at walmart 3 years ago for $50! My parents dont care, I have to clean my room today, it's not bad, just not my dad's expectations. Parents want everything done THIER way, it might seem unfair, but when your married (or not) and have children, you'll want it done too.

Tell your parents why exactely they wont let you have one. What if it's a rainy day and you have nothing to do? What if your sick? I watch TV and sleep in my room when I'm sick from school. I don't like playing xbox when I'm sick, because my parents think i'm faking or something, unless im puking im usually to sick to play anyway.

So your moms afraid of dirt on your bed, get a gaming chair or something, or just dont let your friends on your bed, or just say screw your mom, she doesn't sleep in it, so why should she say no TV because bed is a bit dirty? Every room in my house a TV, except for kitchen, basement, and bathroom.

Well what I'm trying to say is that you need to think of good points to argue. IO am a great arguer I think. I've gotten them to help buy a 120 GB harddrive. I dont mean to offend you but your parents are unfair and mean. They're brain dead to the fact your a teenager and you deserve more privacy! Tell them that your hogging the TV in the living room or where ever it is anyway.

Well best of luck dude,and sorry for the long post, I hate parents like yours!

l33isb345t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 l33isb345t
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbYUd1jUc4

__Fais__
Lol! I thought it was real at first! Great find.
DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 DeathHeart95
Member since 2008 • 2541 Posts
I'm 14 and I'm only allowed to own Halo 3. Consider yourself lucky.
DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeathHeart95
[QUOTE="DeathHeart95"]I'm 14 and I'm only allowed to own Halo 3. Consider yourself lucky.shaddix55
All you hooligans need to stick to Viva PInata.. What are you doing playing a scary game like Fallout 3 anyway? Go put on your diapers and leave the hardcore gaming to the big boys.

Because you apparently know me enough to make decisions on what I should be playing.
shaddix55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 shaddix55
Member since 2003 • 1242 Posts
[QUOTE="shaddix55"][QUOTE="DeathHeart95"]I'm 14 and I'm only allowed to own Halo 3. Consider yourself lucky.DeathHeart95
All you hooligans need to stick to Viva PInata.. What are you doing playing a scary game like Fallout 3 anyway? Go put on your diapers and leave the hardcore gaming to the big boys.

Because you apparently know me enough to make decisions on what I should be playing.

I do. All 13 year olds are exactly the same. I have a brother the same age. I know how it is. Play Viva Pinata boy!
Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
ah it's good to be old i feel like going to play some M rated game now :P
DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeathHeart95
[QUOTE="shaddix55"][QUOTE="DeathHeart95"][QUOTE="shaddix55"] All you hooligans need to stick to Viva PInata.. What are you doing playing a scary game like Fallout 3 anyway? Go put on your diapers and leave the hardcore gaming to the big boys.

I do. All 13 year olds are exactly the same. I have a brother the same age. I know how it is. Play Viva Pinata boy!

I honestly don't know how to respond to this. Since you believe a stereotype is truth, I honestly can't. The only thing I can think of is to say that this is like saying any group of people is exactly alike. It's simply not true.
Comic_Capers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Comic_Capers
Member since 2008 • 1701 Posts

In all seriousness, my brother had the same problem trying to convince my parents to let him get Fallout 3 for his 14th. What he did was borrow it from a friend and he actually showed it to them. After they saw that the game was no worse than other games we already own, they let him get it.

Maybe that's what you need to do.

P.S. in the UK Fallout 3 is rated '18' which means you have to be 18 in order to buy it and it's not recommended for people under 18.

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#14 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts

To the guys saying their parents wont let them play whatever M rated game, next time youre in the store let them look at it and check out the label on the back that says exactly what to expect from the game. Maybe that would help your parents decide if its ok better than if they just said no.

DeathHeart95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DeathHeart95

To the guys saying their parents wont let them play whatever M rated game, next time youre in the store let them look at it and check out the label on the back that says exactly what to expect from the game. Maybe that would help your parents decide if its ok better than if they just said no.

MuscleCarMan
My parents see the big "M" on front and it's game over most of the time. I'm not complaining too much either. I actually found some good games that I wouldn't have found if I was playing Call of Duty 4 all the time.
purplelean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 purplelean
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
show them some videos of gameplay or rape a kitty either way sell some old stuff so you can buy your own TV or games to put in your room ....i started doing that wen i was 14 ,it isnt to hard to be independent
Willsi100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Willsi100
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts
just tell them its educational?
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Why don't ask them to rent it for you? That way, you have 5 days, I think, to show them what the game is about and maybe then they'll let you get it.
Panzeram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Panzeram
Member since 2008 • 653 Posts

Start yelling/cursing/hitting them, they will either let you have your way or they'll bring you on Maury.

alosborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 alosborne
Member since 2005 • 129 Posts
I am just wondering if you have halo 3 if you do maybe you can help me convince my parents to let me get it.
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

'Haha some great responses to this. Although maybe some of the younger people reading this shouldn't be playing computer games and go and do somre more studying, if they haven't learnt to pickup the wonderful nuances of the english language such as sarcasm :P.

In all seriousness, at the age of 13 there's not much you can do about it if your parents are sticking by their guns. I didn't find Fallout 3 that extreme gore and combat wise, so I suppose it's the themes (references to prostitution, slavery and drug abuse) which gives it its rating, although it is SOMEWHAT gory, it's no where near as bad as a game such as Condemned 1/2. It looks like your only option is to rent it, and let them see you play it for an hour or so and then they can decide.

Although in my opinion, your parents are doing the right thing by being so wary.

android24557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 android24557
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Yea have halo 3 and my mom still isnt happy about that i have all A's im doing several sports.... btw everyone thanx for the help ll try out all the ideas.. except some of them
corn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 corn_
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts
ah it's good to be old i feel like going to play some M rated game now :P XD4NTESINF3RNOX
wow dude is your sig game footage of some game? what game is that?
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
[QUOTE="Stashbash"]

'Haha some great responses to this. Although maybe some of the younger people reading this shouldn't be playing computer games and go and do somre more studying, if they haven't learnt to pickup the wonderful nuances of the english language such as sarcasm :P.

In all seriousness, at the age of 13 there's not much you can do about it if your parents are sticking by their guns. I didn't find Fallout 3 that extreme gore and combat wise, so I suppose it's the themes (references to prostitution, slavery and drug abuse) which gives it its rating, although it is SOMEWHAT gory, it's no where near as bad as a game such as Condemned 1/2. It looks like your only option is to rent it, and let them see you play it for an hour or so and then they can decide.

Although in my opinion, your parents are doing the right thing by being so wary.

mattiberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mattiberg
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

I had the same problem. all u need to say is," u bought me an xbox, thanks, but what can i do with an xbox without games"? "THATS WHAT AN XBOX IS FOR" say exactly that ;D

xXhero08Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xXhero08Xx
Member since 2009 • 38 Posts
LOL. I can play what ever game I want!!!!
Stashbash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Stashbash
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

Just think, in years to come, you'l be able to laugh at your son when he's begging you to buy him GTA 23: Galactic Scumbag

blaze11987
Haha, and when that day comes I hope you remember this thread.
s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
make the "movie-argument" say that there are just as much violence in a regular movie or tv-series. keep in mind that this only works if you are allowed to watch those kind of movies. . .
tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts

prove that you mature enough to play those game without problems

s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
just tell them its educational? Willsi100
haha his parents are UNFAIR, not stupid!
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="DeathHeart95"][QUOTE="shaddix55"] All you hooligans need to stick to Viva PInata.. What are you doing playing a scary game like Fallout 3 anyway? Go put on your diapers and leave the hardcore gaming to the big boys.shaddix55

I object to that ludicrous statement! I'm thirteen I am NOT a wuss or whatever the heck you'd call the world's youth. We are not the same. Not at all. I go to school with some fourteen year olds that are really inmature. Please watch what you say because you can really offend some people.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
LOL. I can play what ever game I want!!!!xXhero08Xx
Congrats. And other kids have parents that actually care.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Willsi100"]just tell them its educational? s2i2p2i2o

I don't know. I'm thirteen and my parents let me play Fallout 3, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. And they'd probably let me get Gears of War if I wanted to.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
[QUOTE="XD4NTESINF3RNOX"]ah it's good to be old i feel like going to play some M rated game now :P corn_
wow dude is your sig game footage of some game? what game is that?

killzone 2
G-Figure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 G-Figure
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

You should start by convincing your dad. Get a really fun, but mature co-op game like CoD 5 and get him hooked on video games. Once you and him go a couple of rounds of Nazi Zombies together, blowing the heads off zombies will be a welcomed commodity in your home. Before you know it, you and your dad will be fighting over who's turn it is to play Fallout 3. Or you could just be obedient and wait till your 17. It builds character.

ceells87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ceells87
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

[QUOTE="s2i2p2i2o"][QUOTE="Willsi100"]just tell them its educational? Phoenix534

I don't know. I'm thirteen and my parents let me play Fallout 3, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. And they'd probably let me get Gears of War if I wanted to.

and your family is one of the reasons video games take so much flak and keep giving people bull**** reasons to pass laws on them. It's the freaking law that you have to be a certain age to play those games and thats for a reason. whether you like it or not doesnt matter, when your old enough and can vote and actually do something about it speak up. My brother is 14 and is reasponsible, does that mean im gonna let him use my car cause he wont go out and run people over, or because he believes he can drive. No, its cause he's not old enough and i kinda like obeying the easy simple laws we have so harsher ones dont get made. talk to your parents and try doing the same. No matter how maturwe you THINK you are, doesnt change the law
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Perhaps explain to them that there are multiple ways to play the game and assure them that you will bring peace to the Wasteland. And then when they're not looking you can plant a few grenades in some Wastelanders' pockets to fulfill your evil side :lol:

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Fallout 3 is one of the few games I think does deserve the 18 rating it got. For the most part you won't see much offensive stuff, but there are some themes and disturbing things you can see (and do) that really aren't suitable for younger children. You have drug use, prostitution, slavery (including capturing people into slavery, and purchasing slaves), gore, human mutilation and general savagery. You can argue against each point, but overall it creates a game that really isn't suitable for younger children.
TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

If you only get 2 hours of game time then don't bother getting Fallout 3. After the time you've spent convincing your parents to let you buy it you then have a MASSIVE RPG that will grip your soul, suck the childhood out of youand make you believe that 2 hours was a mere 10 minutes.

Avatar image for Zxwo0tkillfpsxz
Zxwo0tkillfpsxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zxwo0tkillfpsxz
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
what i did to get GTAIV was i read a book to show my parents im mature =] but dont go reading like some book "Top 100 serial killers" read a childrens novel and they will be surpised! but if you read on a daily bases then dont waste your time i read this book called Percy Jackson And The Lighting Theif for like a week and then my mom bought me GTA IV and said she was proud of me X]
TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheCraving

what i did to get GTAIV was i read a book to show my parents im mature =] but dont go reading like some book "Top 100 serial killers" read a childrens novel and they will be surpised! but if you read on a daily bases then dont waste your time i read this book called Percy Jackson And The Lighting Theif for like a week and then my mom bought me GTA IV and said she was proud of me X]Zxwo0tkillfpsxz

lol

Dreamable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Dreamable
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

Fallout 3 is rated M for mature, for a reason. If you parents say no, listen to them. Your parents have lived much longer than you and know what's best. If only there were more parents like yours who actually cared about what games their kids play like yours video games wouldn't get bashed by the media, and politicians wouldn't be trying to censor games so that kids can't play them when they shouldn't be in the first place.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="s2i2p2i2o"] haha his parents are UNFAIR, not stupid! ceells87

and your family is one of the reasons video games take so much flak and keep giving people bull**** reasons to pass laws on them. It's the freaking law that you have to be a certain age to play those games and thats for a reason. whether you like it or not doesnt matter, when your old enough and can vote and actually do something about it speak up. My brother is 14 and is reasponsible, does that mean im gonna let him use my car cause he wont go out and run people over, or because he believes he can drive. No, its cause he's not old enough and i kinda like obeying the easy simple laws we have so harsher ones dont get made. talk to your parents and try doing the same. No matter how maturwe you THINK you are, doesnt change the law

That's not entirely true. Video games are getting these laws because people find out that serial killer and psychopaths play Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row. Yes, some kids do start doing crazy things from games, but any right-minded person knows the difference between right and wrong. And no, it's not against the law for me to play them. It's against the law for me to buy them. There is a big difference.

TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheCraving

[QUOTE="ceells87"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

Phoenix534

That's not entirely true. Video games are getting these laws because people find out that serial killer and psychopaths play Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row. Yes, some kids do start doing crazy things from games, but any right-minded person knows the difference between right and wrong. And no, it's not against the law for me to play them. It's against the law for me to buy them. There is a big difference.

This a debate that will rage on for years to come. As gaming becomes more advanced, they are being aimed at are more adult age group. Looking at my games collection I notice a lot of the 18 rating on the boxes. What people don't realise is that there is only a small majority of kids that actually do something bad that relates back to computer games and 9 times out of 10 the child had problems to begin with. Some people may have read about or been around duringthe whole 'video nasties' debate back in the 80's where the 'extreme gore' films like 'Evil Dead' and 'Driller Killer' were being banned because people believed it was corrupting their children when there was hardly any evidence of it at all.

I'm sure many gamers have been playing games from a very young age and have grown up to be just fine. I for one played a lot of violent games as a kid but at the same time, I played a lot of 'normal' games as well.If one child kills someone because of a computer game then immdiately every child is at risk at being corrupted because it gets blown out of propertion and people are quick to point of the finger at someone and find someone to blame.

I know ratings are there for a reason but when I was sat at home playing GTAIII on my PS2 back when I was 15, a lot of people I knew from school were out taking drugs. There are far worse things in life then playing games underage.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="ceells87"] and your family is one of the reasons video games take so much flak and keep giving people bull**** reasons to pass laws on them. It's the freaking law that you have to be a certain age to play those games and thats for a reason. whether you like it or not doesnt matter, when your old enough and can vote and actually do something about it speak up. My brother is 14 and is reasponsible, does that mean im gonna let him use my car cause he wont go out and run people over, or because he believes he can drive. No, its cause he's not old enough and i kinda like obeying the easy simple laws we have so harsher ones dont get made. talk to your parents and try doing the same. No matter how maturwe you THINK you are, doesnt change the law TheCraving

This a debate that will rage on for years to come. As gaming becomes more advanced, they are being aimed at are more adult age group. Looking at my games collection I notice a lot of the 18 rating on the boxes. What people don't realise is that there is only a small majority of kids that actually do something bad that relates back to computer games and 9 times out of 10 the child had problems to begin with. Some people may have read about or been around duringthe whole 'video nasties' debate back in the 80's where the 'extreme gore' films like 'Evil Dead' and 'Driller Killer' were being banned because people believed it was corrupting their children when there was hardly any evidence of it at all.

I'm sure many gamers have been playing games from a very young age and have grown up to be just fine. I for one played a lot of violent games as a kid but at the same time, I played a lot of 'normal' games as well.If one child kills someone because of a computer game then immdiately every child is at risk at being corrupted because it gets blown out of propertion and people are quick to point of the finger at someone and find someone to blame.

I know ratings are there for a reason but when I was sat at home playing GTAIII on my PS2 back when I was 15, a lot of people I knew from school were out taking drugs. There are far worse things in life then playing games underage.

Thank you.

dstv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dstv
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

just go to the store with some older dude . he doesnt have to be 17 he just has to look old. But im not een 17 but they let me buy M games

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

sorry dude, its rated 18 and its illegal for you to try and buy it.

Th3-UnS33n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Th3-UnS33n
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

I'm 13, played the GTA games for years. My mom just laughs when I walk into a stripclub and start unloading my bazooka.

NOD_Grindking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NOD_Grindking
Member since 2004 • 2778 Posts
[QUOTE="DeathHeart95"]I'm 14 and I'm only allowed to own Halo 3. Consider yourself lucky.shaddix55

I wouldn't say you sound like much of a big boy yourself there champ...