Help! - How to get original 360 onto an PC monitor hdmi setup?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

So I have one of those original run Xbox 360s, the one's without wifi and without an hdmi plug.  I am wondering if there is a cheap way to hook it up so that it displays through my hdmi (or dvi) input computer monitor, and plays sound either through the speakers built into my monitor, or preferably through PC speakers with the normal headphone prong input.

Awhile ago I was looking on Ebay for some sort of peripheral but wasn't confident I had found one that can accomplish this.  Is this something that's easy enough to do?

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#2 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

There used to be a VGA cable you could buy to replace the TV one... had all the necessary connectors to hook it up to a PC monitor... it's what I use.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

There used to be a VGA cable you could buy to replace the TV one... had all the necessary connectors to hook it up to a PC monitor... it's what I use.

TTDog

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Xbox-360-Slim-VGA-HD-AV-Cable-RCA-To-3-5MM-Adapter-/120926592912?pt=US_Video_Game_Cables_Adapters&hash=item1c27c95f90&_uhb=1

Is this what you're talking about.  Looks like it should work! :)

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Yep... that's the sort of thing... so when I changed from my original 360 to a new slim one last year i just unplugged it from the back of the old one and slotted it in the new one.