Have both xbox one and ps4 but I rather...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wwe_xbox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wwe_xbox360
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts

I rather my ps4 I was a huge 360 fan liked it more than the ps3, I got my ps4 because the xbox one was overpriced with connect so I finally got an xbox one and I got to say for some reason I hardly play if I go pick up a game I'll pick it up for my ps4 the funny thing is in want to play my xbox I really like xbox and want the play and I prefer the xbox controller any day but for some reason the back of my mind I just don't thing the xbox is better which I want it to be. For those who have both system what do you rather playing and is there and graphics that are different in your opinion.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I have both PS4 and Xbox, the differences in graphics are negligible and you literally should have the same game running at the exact same time side by side to detect any difference. Quite simple, if you are not going to purchase the games that made you purchase it better sell it.

wwe_xbox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wwe_xbox360

@raugutcon: would the ps4 version of the same play or run smoother than the xbox one

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@wwe_xbox360 said:

@raugutcon: would the ps4 version of the same play or run smoother than the xbox one

I don´t see any difference at all, but as I said, I don´t have them running at the same time side by side to make a comparison.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@wwe_xbox360 said:

Obviously it varies from game to game, but like raugutcon said, overall the difference is negligible (despite what most PS fan boys will tell you).

I certainly wouldn't let the power difference between them have a big influence on your preferred console... things like which controller you prefer is much more important (and you said you prefer the Xbone controller) and what the majority of your friends play on. This is why I chose Xbone as my main console this gen and I don't regret it at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

I have both and I choose to use the Xbox One as my primary console.

The graphics difference is negligible and I can't notice any difference unless I'm studying screenshots of the two versions side by side, so that does not matter to me. Controller and online service are much more important factors to me, and I think the Xbox controller and Xbox Live are far better than the PS4 controller and PSN, so I buy all multiplats on Xbox One. My PS4 is only used for exclusives.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

My Xbone is for exclusives.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@SolidTy said:

This

If you're not forced to get third party on the One there is no reason to do so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@Jaysonguy said:
@SolidTy said:

This

So you don't consider controller preference, superior online service, or buying games for the same console that your friends play on so you can play together as good reasons to do so? For me, those are not only good reasons, but they are far more important than any reasons that I can come up with to buy third party games on my PS4.

wwe_xbox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wwe_xbox360

@storm_of_swords: majority of my friends have ps4 but I never really play with them

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:
@Jaysonguy said:
@SolidTy said:

This

So you don't consider controller preference, superior online service, or buying games for the same console that your friends play on so you can play together as good reasons to do so? For me, those are not only good reasons, but they are far more important than any reasons that I can come up with to buy third party games on my PS4.

Controller is pretty meh. If you want you can use the One controller on the other console now.

Online service is no longer superior. It used to be but now it's no longer Microsoft's hammer.

With 30 million of the other console in the wild and only 14 million One's chances are if you're playing with friends you're playing on the other console..

Also it comes down to features. We're now in the second year of the One and it still doesn't have the ability to play music while you play a game?

The main point is this. The One will not be the lead platform this generation for anything other than first party. This means that everything from additional content or just better gameplay will be found on the other console, that is reason enough.

That's not to say that the One is bad. It's a very capable first party machine this generation.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidTy

@wwe_xbox360 said:

storm_of_swords: majority of my friends have ps4 but I never really play with them

^

This is true. Many of my 360 fans migrated to PS4 and I have hundred+ friends on both machines.

However, many of them originally came from PS2 and moved to the 360 last gen. Every gen they sort of reassess the situation and move accordingly to their tastes and needs, brand be damned.

Next gen is anyone's game for them (NX/PS5/Xbox 4, etc). They don't blindly follow a single brand.

Also, I can see the difference a decade ago between S-Video and AV, so clearly I can see the 30%+ difference with resolution these days. It does depend on your AV equipment though (type of AVR, type of HDTV, etc). Some people may tell you that you can't see a difference, but actually that all boils down to the person, what equipment they have, their eyesight, and if they even care. Some are just dishonest fanboys.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

Personally I've preferred Xbox since 2001. I like PlayStation also, but to me software, and online services are very important to me in terms of experience.

Microsoft does an awesome job handling software for the Xbox, look at how many different dashboards we got for the 360, Sony kept the same UI for the PS3, I'm not sure if they will do the same for the PS4.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

@Jaysonguy said:

Controller is pretty meh. If you want you can use the One controller on the other console now.

To each their own. For me personally, controller is very important; certainly more important than a negligible difference in graphics that are not noticeable unless comparing them side by side. If you know of a way that I can use my Xbox One controller on my PS4, please tell me because I have searched hard for a way to do that and I cannot find any satisfactory way. The closest I could find was using the CronusMax but that is not a good option since it disconnects after every 10 minutes.

@Jaysonguy said:

Online service is no longer superior. It used to be but now it's no longer Microsoft's hammer.

I very much disagree. PSN lacks basic features like friends online notifications, the ability to change your username, and appear offline mode; on top of things like frequent down times, subpar voice chat quality, crappy cloud storage, and slow and unreliable messaging.

@Jaysonguy said:

With 30 million of the other console in the wild and only 14 million One's chances are if you're playing with friends you're playing on the other console.

That may be true in non-American countries, but in America, the PS4 only leads the Xbox One by 1 million, so the chances are much closer to equal, especially when you also take into account that Xbox is more multiplayer oriented while Playstation is more single player oriented. For myself, of my four real life friends that I game with, one of them has both and the other three only play on Xbox.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SolidTy

@mjf249 said:

Personally I've preferred Xbox since 2001. I like PlayStation also, but to me software, and online services are very important to me in terms of experience.

Microsoft does an awesome job handling software for the Xbox, look at how many different dashboards we got for the 360, Sony kept the same UI for the PS3, I'm not sure if they will do the same for the PS4.

I don't think changing the UI constantly is a good thing at all, especially when a lot of it was to create more marketing revenue for more ads on the dashboard.

I actually preferred the 360 blades when I got my 360 back in 2005. The blades were much faster than the slower, but more marketing friendly NXE.

I'm not really liking the introduction of lag with the new UI on Xbone either. Pushing left has a 1 secondish delay that I find annoying just to look at friends/Achievements/settings, etc.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@SolidTy said:
@mjf249 said:

I don't think changing the UI constantly is a good thing at all, especially when a lot of it was to create more marketing revenue for more ads on the dashboard.

I actually preferred the 360 blades when I got my 360 back in 2005. The blades were much faster than the slower, but more marketing friendly NXE.

I'm not really liking the introduction of lag with the new UI on Xbone either. Pushing left has a 1 secondish delay that I find annoying just to look at friends/Achievements/settings, etc.

yeah the new UI feels sluggish

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

SW is that-a-way >>>>>>>>>>

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

@wwe_xbox360 said:

I rather my ps4 I was a huge 360 fan liked it more than the ps3, I got my ps4 because the xbox one was overpriced with connect so I finally got an xbox one and I got to say for some reason I hardly play if I go pick up a game I'll pick it up for my ps4 the funny thing is in want to play my xbox I really like xbox and want the play and I prefer the xbox controller any day but for some reason the back of my mind I just don't thing the xbox is better which I want it to be. For those who have both system what do you rather playing and is there and graphics that are different in your opinion.

Sadly it seems as if your thread has been invaded by a couple of sony fanboys, keep that in mind as you read through the replies here.

The honest truth is if you have both machines and plan on keeping them both, the best experience will be playing with your friends, buy games wherever they are. The difference between the two systems really is negligible, and most normal people cannot tell the difference. You won't be missing out on anything if you buy an X1 version instead of a PS4 version, and if the reason for this is to play with friends, the that automatically makes that version of the game superior, regardless of platform choice.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidTy

@mjf249: You have to watch out as I read a few replies by fanboys on both sides of the fence (X and PS), but luckily there are level headed people posting as well. I buy these consoles at launch for quite a few generations now.

@sukraj said:
@SolidTy said:
@mjf249 said:

yeah the new UI feels sluggish

I agree. Hopefully they speed the new Win10 UI up.

wwe_xbox360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wwe_xbox360

@suicidesn0wman: don't really play with friends lol

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points