This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodofGore22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GodofGore22
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Halo Reach is just around the corner. And with its new graphics its the best looking Halo game of all time. But we can't play Halo Reach without think about Halo CE. Halo The Combat Evolved gave people this great sense of exploration. From the technical hallways to the very last level. Halo 2 delieved a great change from Halo CE. The great parts of it were being able to use the Jackals shield and played as the Arbiter. Halo 3 was the last game of the Halo Triolgy. The final ending was epic. Halo was the game that made Microsoft rich bastard. Halo is Microsofts God of War. And like God of War I think Halo is more than worthy of having it whole series being remastered. With the Halo Reach engine remaking the series would honestly be awsome. I am also a fan Halo Wars. It was the first Halo game give a different POV of the franchise. I think its entitled a sequal. Maybe this time on the PC. Maybe if they can't make a remaked the Halo Triolgy they should realse a kit so fans are able to make it by themself. I'm also wait for a Halo movie. Maybe one about Harvest.

Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
I think it should just die after Reach. Not that I hate Halo, but I'd rather not see such a good franchise get milked to death (see: Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, and all the major Nintendo IPs). Plus, it's gonna be the last Halo game made Bungie, and really, I think they're the only team that can do the Halo series justice. Remastered versions of the first three Halo games would be nice, but if made, it would have to be the absolutely final Halo "anything" released.
fingerslipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fingerslipped
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Halo won't die any time soon, it is far too big of a franchise to just die off. They will most likely take a break from the franchise, releasing the first two Halo games remastered packaged with Halo 3 in some kind of Platinum Package, much like Bethesda does with Fallout 3 and the Elder Scrolls Series. It won't die though, even if some people think it should, franchises just don't stop, it will continue until people become tired of it.
Boris_Lion_SLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Boris_Lion_SLO
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

Halo Covenant game sounds nice :)

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

I want a game were i play as a lone grunt fighting an army of spartan II.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I think they should end it all together.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
While a Halo movie would be freaking amazing, I know Hollywood would screw up by letting Uwe Boll direct it. I'd rather have a small group of people who know what they're doing to make a mini series or something.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts

I sincerely hope the series dies with Reach. I don't want to see 343 or anyone else attempt to bastardize it.

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
While a Halo movie would be freaking amazing, I know Hollywood would screw up by letting Uwe Boll direct it. I'd rather have a small group of people who know what they're doing to make a mini series or something.orb_03_2006
Didn't they try that with Legends?
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#10 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"]While a Halo movie would be freaking amazing, I know Hollywood would screw up by letting Uwe Boll direct it. I'd rather have a small group of people who know what they're doing to make a mini series or something.Andrn
Didn't they try that with Legends?

Yeah. But I want like a 10 episode mini series in CGI. It'd be amazing. :D
AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

I feel that when Reach is over 343 is going to make another Halo game that would be horrible. What if they make Halo 4 as a strategy

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

I think it should just die after Reach. Not that I hate Halo, but I'd rather not see such a good franchise get milked to death (see: Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, and all the major Nintendo IPs). Plus, it's gonna be the last Halo game made Bungie, and really, I think they're the only team that can do the Halo series justice. Remastered versions of the first three Halo games would be nice, but if made, it would have to be the absolutely final Halo "anything" released.Xeros606

Agreed 100% but not going to happen microsoft didn't make 343 for no reason and I remember reading some where that they are thinking about making games up to 2015 http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/strategy/halowars/news.html?sid=6232469

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I'm still a little bitter over the whole Neill Blomkamp, Peter Jackson thing, that any one else should just leave a film version of Halo alone. I think about District 9 and the Halo movie that could have been and it just makes me disappointed.
White_wolf_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 White_wolf_eye
Member since 2009 • 2886 Posts

I dont like halo and if you ask me it should end after reach i agree with everyone else its time for bungie to make something else, milking halo will last a while but how long?

fingerslipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fingerslipped
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Well let me answer your question with another question: How long has Nintendo been able to milk Mario?
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
I want Halo to either change the formula or die, Bungie has impressed me with features; theater, forge, co-op, etc... but not gameplay, graphics, or sound design. Halo this console generation isn't impressive and really isn't appealing to my almost 30 demographic. No one I know plays Halo. (and we all lived on Halo 1 & 2) Battlefield has the oldest demagraphic, which I like. COD & Halo tie for adolescent audience. Halo in general is stale compared to BF or COD or KZ or any newer FPS. Its the same game for the last 10 years with added features. And to be honest its just not good enough this gen. Oh, and **** the fanboys!... Just saying.
TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

After Reach I say they give the franchise a long break

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Why is it that Halo above all else is criticized for "milking" when there are about 200 Final Fantasy games, a Call of Duty that comes out every year, and Nintendo hasn't come up with a new original IP since the 80's? Oh it's another (Insert 80's Nintendo character here) game... Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, etc.
FaintRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FaintRain
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts
I want a new ip not a new Halo,don't get me wrong Halo is awesome but i believe Reach should be the last Halo game
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]Why is it that Halo above all else is criticized for "milking" when there are about 200 Final Fantasy games, a Call of Duty that comes out every year, and Nintendo hasn't come up with a new original IP since the 80's? Oh it's another (Insert 80's Nintendo character here) game... Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, etc.

At this point, I think only Halo haters call it milking, but if they continue at the rate they are going, they will only prove the haters right...
Raidenheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Raidenheart
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Magneto"]Why is it that Halo above all else is criticized for "milking" when there are about 200 Final Fantasy games, a Call of Duty that comes out every year, and Nintendo hasn't come up with a new original IP since the 80's? Oh it's another (Insert 80's Nintendo character here) game... Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, etc.

Nintendogs Pikmin Brain Age Fire Emblem Golden Sun Not to mention other games that they don't develop themselves, but had partnered with other developers to do so.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts

But except for a few exceptions, those games have always been amazing (just look at Super Mario Galaxy 2). I think Halo should stop in a few years, but I would like to see another game or two after Reach. Maybe even a movie, which could be awesome. A remastered version of the Halo trilogy would be great as well. Especially if they added Xbox Live support for Halo CE.
Xian83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xian83
Member since 2010 • 75 Posts

Since Bungie has signed a new agreement that isn't with Microsoft I expect Reach will be the end of the quality Halo games. I fully expect Microsoft to continue to milk the series and perhaps remaking the originals with updated graphics would be a way for another developer to step in and be able to capture some of the old magic.

GodofGore22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 GodofGore22
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Well let me answer your question with another question: How long has Nintendo been able to milk Mario?fingerslipped

I do see where your coming from but... Mario is one of those game targets to families that have stupid game night and don't think any game sucks. Mainly parents with average income who are so into hiding the dirty secret or their kids that they don't stop to pull their jackass head out of their asses and open their eyes to a newer world. A world where it isn't green grass meadows but more war torn cities. A world where a person is hated for creating a virtual scenario of you being in the middle of a terrorist attack on a fictional Russian airport.A world in which 14 yro boys get a craving off of taking a shotgun and blow a hole though a zombie and gladly watching it intestines spill out of it body and then go have dinner. Maybe just maybe they aren't ignorant of present day times but more of just don't want to see that the world where their kids are growing up is **** up. It is their loss but more their kids. Hopeful its number 2. That they want to see the world from the '40s and the '70s were people wore suits and dress when they went to see a movie. When if ever they see the realilty of today's world I will be one of the first people to welcome them and the children.

FADEMASTERZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FADEMASTERZ
Member since 2008 • 259 Posts

i want them to to make new enemies in halo, im tried of killing the same three bad guys in like 4 games!! everywhere i go its the same bad guy over and over again lol

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

i want them to to make new enemies in halo, im tried of killing the same three bad guys in like 4 games!! everywhere i go its the same bad guy over and over again lol

FADEMASTERZ

I wouldnt mind this too. You can only shoot grunts for so long :(

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

While a Halo movie would be freaking amazing, I know Hollywood would screw up by letting Uwe Boll direct it. I'd rather have a small group of people who know what they're doing to make a mini series or something.orb_03_2006

As I've said it many other threads, the one person who I would love to direct a Halo movie would be Stanely Kubrick, sadly he is no longer alive to direct films. :(

On-Topic, I would not mind getting a remastered edition of Halo: Combat Evovled and Halo 2 bundled together in 1080p, 2xAA, and running at 60FPS with 1000GS for each game for $40.

gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
well i think their gonna be working on halo 4 because their hiring alot of ppl for their studios
han117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 han117
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
if there were more Halo games to come out in the future i would definitely buy them! Judging by the way each one has been majorly improved upon from the last, i doubt anyone would be annoyed. I guess they may 'milk' the series but i have read all the books, watched halo legends and played all the games to death and i still want more from it. Seriously can't wait for Reach, think i might go freeze myself and come back out of hibernation when it's out.
pablohammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 pablohammy
Member since 2009 • 488 Posts

I feel that when Reach is over 343 is going to make another Halo game that would be horrible. What if they make Halo 4 as a strategy

AznKSor

halo wars 2.

a covenant game would be cool. ive always wanted to play as a jackel.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
not sure what I want. Execot reach :P