Halo Spartan; a rip off? ( not as bad as i thought )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

I paid $15 and downloaded the game. I went through the tutorial and then tried to start the campaign. Now i have to purchase a gun, with real money, just to start playing. What the hell is this crap?

Ugg, the menu is very confusing. I don't need to purchase a gun, but the option for micro transactions are front and center. The game plays fine without having to use the micro transactions...at least so far, but it is very difficult to earn points to upgrade weapons. The game is fun...i was just thrown off trying to start the campaign.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

It seems micro transactions are here to stay. The cost of making games is going up so they will nickel n dime us on any and everything. Which I don't mind as you don't have to buy anything, I just hope they don't render the games unenjoyable by design to force us to pay. I was thinking about getting halo but was put off by your post earlier before. I may give it a run now.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@Videodogg said:

I paid $15 and downloaded the game. I went through the tutorial and then tried to start the campaign. Now i have to purchase a gun, with real money, just to start playing. What the hell is this crap?

Ugg, the menu is very confusing. I don't need to purchase a gun, but the option for micro transactions are front and center. The game plays fine without having to use the micro transactions...at least so far, but it is very difficult to earn points to upgrade weapons. The game is fun...i was just thrown off trying to start the campaign.

just made me think of not buying it...