halo 3 looks like its barely upgraded

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CPowers22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CPowers22
Member since 2002 • 1393 Posts
Why does everyone assume a beta should look worse than the final product? Generally the game engine is done, if anything they might end up with slightly better textures and more refined use of shaders, physics, etc. I've done plenty of PC beta's and never noticed a difference between the beta and release version in terms of graphics. Betas are meant to refine the gameplay, they are usually not released until the core game is more or less complete.
Avatar image for HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT
HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

at first i thought that the footage for the halo 3 beta was a bit underwhelming.....but that was a while ago....but then today i was watching the live feed and was pretty impressed....but then i watched an HD movie of it running an then i was stunned......for a beta this game looks amazing....the levels are huge.....the upgrades innovate multiplayer........today has made it almost unbarable to wait

A7Xfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#53 A7Xfan
Member since 2004 • 3962 Posts
listen this is the upgrade Halo 2 was in gameplay (not story) to Halo 1. What else can I prove about gameplay other than, THE GUY THREW A GRENADE INTO THE SNOW AND IT STUCK, the new SHIELD, MAN CANNON, and NEW GRENADE(S)....THOSE are the improvements they said it was going to be like this we all expected it and now you turn your back? This allows the game to be more competitive by refining it.
This seems to be a work of pure brilliance in straight gameplay terms.
NoNam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NoNam3r
Member since 2004 • 831 Posts

yea i just got done looking at the videos and there are minor upgrades to it IMO. just hoping its not exactly like halo 2. but yea im looking foward to ut3 more than halo 3footballa27

UT3 looks with even more minor upgrades, wat new features are on UT3? better graphics and better weapon models, and some tweaking to a old gametype?

Halo 3 lets you save film and you'll be able to send it to anybody across the world in an instant. It also has complete stat tracking that says what weapons you got the most kills with how many games you played, what your kdr is (kill death ratio if u play cs), if your a glitcher/griefer/deranker. It also has 7 new weapons, 4 new equipment, 1 new vehicle, 2 more gametypes, and 3 brand new maps. btw this is all in the beta there could be way more in the retail version.

so I dont see anything special in UT3 it'll prolly be another hitscan fest like ut2004 

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#55 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
You do know what beat means right?
zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 zappa02
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

at first i thought that the footage for the halo 3 beta was a bit underwhelming.....but that was a while ago....but then today i was watching the live feed and was pretty impressed....but then i watched an HD movie of it running an then i was stunned......for a beta this game looks amazing....the levels are huge.....the upgrades innovate multiplayer........today has made it almost unbarable to wait

HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT

Yea I know dude. And wait and see when the finished product comes out its going to look more amzaing then any game on the 360.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

[QUOTE="footballa27"]yea i just got done looking at the videos and there are minor upgrades to it IMO. just hoping its not exactly like halo 2. but yea im looking foward to ut3 more than halo 3NoNam3r

UT3 looks with even more minor upgrades, wat new features are on UT3? better graphics and better weapon models, and some tweaking to a old gametype?

Halo 3 lets you save film and you'll be able to send it to anybody across the world in an instant. It also has complete stat tracking that says what weapons you got the most kills with how many games you played, what your kdr is (kill death ratio if u play cs), if your a glitcher/griefer/deranker. It also has 7 new weapons, 4 new equipment, 1 new vehicle, 2 more gametypes, and 3 brand new maps. btw this is all in the beta there could be way more in the retail version.

so I dont see anything special in UT3 it'll prolly be another hitscan fest like ut2004

thats only because H2 was completely inferior to not only UT2k4 in terms of features, but to the standards of PC FPS games at that time.  mutators and other mods alone allow UT2k4 to do more than H3 will ever be able to do.

you gotta love the mod community.

HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT
[QUOTE="HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT"]

zappa02

Yea I know dude. And wait and see the finished product comes out its going to look more amzaing then any game on the 360.

o god i know......this beta looks amzing for a game period right now....but im almost scared to see how good halo 3 retail is going to look....it might give me a brain hemirage lol.........when the grenade blew up on the sand and the sand lifted and fell...omg wed needs to get here....i need to throw things throught the man cannon

camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts

hmmmm.....just check out

http://www.gametrailers.com/

they are uploading high def videos right now!

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 zappa02
HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT wrote:

o god i know......this beta looks amzing for a game period right now....but im almost scared to see how good halo 3 retail is going to look....it might give me a brain hemirage lol.........when the grenade blew up on the sand and the sand lifted and fell...omg wed needs to get here....i need to throw things throught the man cannon

Yea I think I allready have a brain hemirage of how amzaing the Halo 3 beta looks. I was playing Halo 3 beta 8 hours ago on my HDTV. The game is amzaing for a beta. Can't wait to play the finished product of the game.

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

1) Its the beta

2) It's not done

3) It's not full screen in HD

HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT

god im jealous of u....how fun is the man cannon??????????

does the br shoot at a slower rate?????????

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 zappa02

god im jealous of u....how fun is the man cannon??????????

does the br shoot at a slower rate?????????

HxLYoFXCKNoSHxT

Its really fun. I have been enjoying it all day. Its a big improvement in ever thing. And the beta never gets boreing at all.

The br was just fun to use in the beta. How it shoots at a fast rate. 

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts

i just dont want things to get too crazy in it

tends to happen with long running franchises. your forced to keep adding and adding and adding until the whole game is just a completely unbalanced mess of features and things. i dont like the shield grenade but the man cannon could be ok in SOME maps. 

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 zappa02

tends to happen with long running franchises. your forced to keep adding and adding and adding until the whole game is just a completely unbalanced mess of features and things. i dont like the shield grenade but the man cannon could be ok in SOME maps.

BobSacamento

Dude the shield grenade is cool to use now know one can shoot you in the back when respawning. And no more snipers geting you anymore.

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts

Just to jump in here a moment and break the beta excuse people like seem to like tossing around. Beta is the step just before release and it isn't used to build major systems, such as graphics. The beta phase is used to tweak the mechanics of a game and to make sure the coding holds up. In order for Bungie to change the graphics in any drastic manner between now and release would require them to make a significant change to the release date and push it back.

I'll repeat: Graphics are not worked on in beta. They may be tweaked, but they will not be remade. 

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
So far I equate the graphics of Halo 3 to the graphics of Half Life 2. While the graphics are great they are not what the current generation is capable of.
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
This is called TROLLING
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 BobSacamento
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

zappa02

Dude the shield grenade is cool to use now know one can shoot you in the back when respawning. And no more snipers geting you anymore.

how is it going to stop snipers? it doesnt follow you does it? just gives you a little body sized shield to help if someones right in front of you 

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 zappa02
[QUOTE="zappa02"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

BobSacamento

how is it going to stop snipers? it doesnt follow you does it? just gives you a little body sized shield to help if someones right in fr

ont of you

What I mean with a snipe is shoting out you, you can use the shield grenade. And you would not get killed by that sniper.  

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BobSacamento

oh you mean it forms a full bubble around you?

i havent seen it yet  

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 zappa02
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"][QUOTE="zappa02"][QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

zappa02

how is it going to stop snipers? it doesnt follow you does it? just gives you a little body sized shield to help if someones right in fr

ont of you

What I mean with a snipe is shoting out you, you can use the shield grenade. And you would not get killed by that sniper.

Oh and yea the shield grenade stays in one place it does not move at all.

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BobSacamento

also what are the rules with it

like how long does it stay up for, how many do you get, how often can you use them etc.

anyone know? 

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 zappa02

oh you mean it forms a full bubble around you?

i havent seen it yet

BobSacamento

Yea it forms a full bubble around you when playing the game.

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 zappa02

like how long does it stay up for, how many do you get, how often can you use them etc.

anyone know?

BobSacamento

I know. It does not have a time on the sheldgrenade. When you are in it. Its stay up with you get out of it, it turns off.

If you die you have to find an othere sheldgrenade on the map when respawning. 

zappa02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 zappa02
[QUOTE="BobSacamento"]

anyone know?

zappa02

I know. It does not have a time on the sheldgrenade. When you are in it. Its stay up with you get out of it, it turns off.

If you die you have to find an othere sheldgrenade on the map when respawning.

Oh I for got you only get one sheldgrenade. With you die you have to find an othere sheldgrenade around the map when playing. 

Rentago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#77 Rentago
Member since 2006 • 1543 Posts
[QUOTE="-InsrtNameHere-"]Lol, I had the exact opposite reaction. I watched the video, and noticed so many upgrades. -No more body glitches (floating/spazzing bodies plagued halo 2) -Large graphical upgrade (if you say otherwise, you are definitaly mistaken) -New HUD style -New weapons -New vehicles -New surroundings (shield walls, man cannons, etc) At times, it seems like a huge difference

I was looking at it and I'm not sure if they made a halo3 engine, the demo and videos show the halo2 engine and I'm wondering if it might be either for the sake of large levels and much more multiplayer options and single player story. Unless you want it short like Gears of War, because this is the LAST Halo game (FPS version) I think you would be happy with no multiplayer and 3 levels worth of story. Christ not alot of people think about it enough, they just say stuff that they want never wonder how much work and problems there are.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

some of you need to calm the hell down. 

BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BobSacamento

[QUOTE="-InsrtNameHere-"]Lol, I had the exact opposite reaction. I watched the video, and noticed so many upgrades. -No more body glitches (floating/spazzing bodies plagued halo 2) -Large graphical upgrade (if you say otherwise, you are definitaly mistaken) -New HUD style -New weapons -New vehicles -New surroundings (shield walls, man cannons, etc) At times, it seems like a huge differenceRentago
I was looking at it and I'm not sure if they made a halo3 engine, the demo and videos show the halo2 engine and I'm wondering if it might be either for the sake of large levels and much more multiplayer options and single player story. Unless you want it short like Gears of War, because this is the LAST Halo game (FPS version) I think you would be happy with no multiplayer and 3 levels worth of story. Christ not alot of people think about it enough, they just say stuff that they want never wonder how much work and problems there are.

your right, "engine" was the term i was trying to think of

the physics, speeds, animations etc. appear to be the same

i REALLY would have expected bungie to come out with some state of the art exclusive engine

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts
It looks a lot better then Halo 2 does.  I dont think it looks particularly "WOW" though.  Rather average actually.
fx2600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 fx2600
Member since 2004 • 234 Posts

some of you need to calm the hell down.

Dreams-Visions

the first pic is awesome!! look at the water effect!! the 4th is not bad. 

jehnubis121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 jehnubis121
Member since 2005 • 85 Posts
Not much will change from this beta, but just very few "minor tweaks." To me this game looks/feels like a booster pack. We all could tell the level of change/growth that there was from HALO: CE to Halo 2. There was a huge difference/improvement. Halo 3 does not seem like it changed much at all. Practically, Halo 3 is just re-textured/re-scaled with a few added bonuses. Bungie seemed like they just wanted to get this game/trilogy done and over with already.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
i had no idea people enjoyed the halo series because of its graphics...:roll:  i expected this to happen the day gears of war released..everybody who has know real knowledge of game developement expected  halo3t to have type of realistic artstyle..
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

Not much will change from this beta, but just very few "minor tweaks." To me this game looks/feels like a booster pack. We all could tell the level of change/growth that there was from HALO: CE to Halo 2. There was a huge difference/improvement. Halo 3 does not seem like it changed much at all. Practically, Halo 3 is just re-textured/re-scaled with a few added bonuses. Bungie seemed like they just wanted to get this game/trilogy done and over with already.jehnubis121

You don't mess with a formula thats platnium, you just try to find more to add to it. I'm quite happy with how its shaping up and halo single vs multiplayer has always been two completely different expriences so i wouldn't worry.

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#86 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer4life85"]

Halo 3 beta looks awesome go here to get 720p vids

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4325_en.html

BobSacamento

im gonna make a thread for this to do halo 3 some justice 

yea those pics aint bad but its a beta so i understand why the graphics arnt up to snuff
JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
Looks like Halo with upgraded graphics, textures and physics. There isn't anything that jumps out at you and says WOW that looks awesome like Gears of War did but the total package from what I've seen is very attractive and is visually impressive. For a beta this is right on track so far. This is game is going to be big.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
It won't look too much better but this is for multiplayer, single player should look better as unless you want to wait along time then hit lag central, the graphics have to be toned down for online as the data is being streamed.illbitcrusher
What?do you have any knowledge of how fast high speed internet transfer data.Games are no way close for reaching the level cap of data streaming of high speed internet.You can game 360 on wireless internet for crying outloud bad enough a direct connection which s primarly faster.