Halo 3: Do you like it? And to what degree?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 mechworrior762
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
^^Why do you say that??
masterchiefII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 masterchiefII
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

halo is my favourite game i dont know what the other people says it has the best(or almost the best)graphics

it has also an exelent gameplay but the story of halo 3 (at the end) wasnt so good

but for me is the best game EVER(ITS MY OPINION)

dscot18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 dscot18
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts

Multiplayer is fun, but it's hard to go back after playing CoD4. The campaign was decent at best, but the plot and characters made it feel like a big, brainless summer action movie.aerman176

You nailed it. It's kinda like Armageddon, only with better acting.

Deadalus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Deadalus_
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

You're my kind of guy:D (not in a gay way, of course.)

mechworrior762

Or like once said in Futurama (Zapp Brannagin) : ''You're a man's man...''

I guess my weakness to Halo came from the books, and only after that by the games :P

UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

^^Why do you say that??mechworrior762

just dosnt have that spark on the others it felt like u had to be skillfull while on this i completed legendery on release got every skull other than IWOBYD and began ranking on multiplayer...2 days later i was board of it,but dont spam yet cas i still enjoy going on MP once in a while and i still enjoy forge alot

UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
oh and also the ending felt a bit like a let down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 18273645
Member since 2003 • 189 Posts

My favourite game. It's not my favorite game because it has one thing it is so insanely awesome at, but because it does everyting it has very well. The graphics are great, the movement feels right, the visor looks real, the weapons are plentiful, the melee is awesom, the grenades are awesome, the vehicles are awesome, the sniper rifle is deadly, the story is epic, that music rocks, the online component is one of the best, if not the best, and my favorite part: the shields completly destroy ever other life system in every other game! (who wants to spend their time looking for a bloody med pack?!). That is why it is my favourite game of all time!

No other game offers such completion. CoD 4 comes so damn close, but it doesn't have vehicles. UT3 is great, but no melee and no grenades (and no campaign...). Counter Strike has three wepons: sniper, shotgun and machine gun (different versions of these, but basicaly the same weapon). Crysis is awesome, but I don't have enough money to play it... Resistance is great, except the people who made it forgot half the checkpoints in the game...

That is why there can be no such thnig as a Halo killer, Halo is the first game (and thus far the only) to get everything right, down to the last detail.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#58 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I thought the game was good, but not great.

The mp is pretty awesome though (like always).

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#59 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I like it. But ranked gets lame after you get a higher rank, most people just camp.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mechworrior762

most people just camp.twopic58

Easy salution: once you figure out where they are, come up behind them and melee them in the back of the head.

InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

I just popped H3 back in a few days ago after not playing it since last September and I gotta say its a pretty good game.I didn't like it that much at first but I realized H3 and the Halo universe just have a special vibe to it that I can't explain. Its not the greatest but I like the atmosphere. I still think Gears is the best.

illufox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#62 illufox
Member since 2004 • 84 Posts

It's one of the most overrated games just like Gears of War.

Slick marketing can put any decent game on the top. wow!

The first Halo was definitely one of the greatest games back then, because the graphics, the sounds and music were new and innovative. But in the meantime many better games were released and Halo 2 & 3 were merely a copy of the first one with some different maps and slightly improved graphics. The game play was repetitive, the enemies were stupid (you can run by them easily) and everything else was "been there, done that". But I think both games (Halo and Gears of War) are mostly played by teenagers who are impressed easily goofy looking sci-fi characters and big bulky soldiers with small heads....:P

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
I don't like it at all wish I had my $60 back.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

[QUOTE="twopic58"]most people just camp.mechworrior762

Easy salution: once you figure out where they are, come up behind them and melee them in the back of the head.

not so easy when they are in a corner with a shotty or sword.

xsalvioutlawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xsalvioutlawx
Member since 2007 • 423 Posts

There's alot of things I was dissapointed in with this game. The graphics for one.

But the multiplayer makes up for it, awesome multiplayer, and the campaign isn't bad.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#66 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
I liked it the first time I played through it. In fact I liked it alot. But once I beat it and messed with the multiplayer for a while I quickly grew bored of it. I'll probably go back to it in a few months.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mechworrior762

everything else was "been there, done that".

illufox

Isn't COD4 the same way? A lot of games that everyone thinks are really good are that way. It's the details that make a game...

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mechworrior762
[QUOTE="mechworrior762"]

[QUOTE="twopic58"]most people just camp.vendettared468

not so easy when they are in a corner with a shotty or sword.

That's why you have sniper rifles and grenades.....

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
For me personally is the best game ever. Is so complete, the story, the campaign, co-op, the fun mp, the competitive mp, everything.
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

I don't like it at all wish I had my $60 back.shockwave04

Thats Ironic. Ur Username is the gamertag of one of the greatest Halo players in the world. Look it up : Shockwave

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#71 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
Halo 3 was great, but there were some letdowns too. One thing was the story, which I thought was decent but I was expecting a great storyline like the one in Halo CE. The other thing is the maps and the broken melee system. They should have more maps when it was release because its starts to feel repetitive. The melee system just makes no sense, because I sworn I've hit the person in front of me first and heard the smack noise, but some how the player stilled some how killed me first. Besides those problems I think Halo 3 is a great game, especially when I'm playing it with a group of friends. I also like co-op, forge, and the save film thing comes in handy if something amazing happens so I can show it to other people. When it comes to vehicles I would turn to Halo 3 because favorite shooter with vehicles in it with all the explosions and physics and all. The single play was still fun with some cool epic moments, but because of the not impressive story it brought it down a bit.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mechworrior762
bumpage.:)
Avatar image for WookieChestHair
WookieChestHair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 WookieChestHair
Member since 2003 • 1064 Posts
I love Halo 1 and 3. Halo 2 was just not the same. something was missing. The controls and vehicles in Halo are so incredibly fun to use and the story and characters are really cool. I know a lot of people dont like it just because it steals the spotlight every time its announced anywhere. which is understandable that poeple dont like having things shoved in their face over and over. Strictly single player and coop, Halo 1 and 3 are excellent games. Some of the best. But I cant even stress how much i HATE the halo online community.
PuppySlayer106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PuppySlayer106
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Halo 3 is definetely one of my favorite games, but they could've worked on the story a bit more. They wrapped it up way too quickly.

krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 krish117
Member since 2007 • 366 Posts

its ok...not great and definately not bad...i hate the fact that there are so many people online at any given time...and that half of them are really just n00bs...lol jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 02152008
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts

I love Halo 1 and 3. Halo 2 was just not the same. something was missing. The controls and vehicles in Halo are so incredibly fun to use and the story and characters are really cool. I know a lot of people dont like it just because it steals the spotlight every time its announced anywhere. which is understandable that poeple dont like having things shoved in their face over and over. Strictly single player and coop, Halo 1 and 3 are excellent games. Some of the best. But I cant even stress how much i HATE the halo online community. WookieChestHair

The characters and the story are enchanting. :)

Halo3ForMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Halo3ForMe
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

Thank-you; someone who agrees that the story is actually good. Everyone I know refuses to play single player; instead sticking to live.

Halo 3 was the first Halo I played and I fell in love after the second mission. Simply incredible gameplay mechanics that keep you playing over and over.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mechworrior762

I love Halo 1 and 3. Halo 2 was just not the same. something was missing. The controls and vehicles in Halo are so incredibly fun to use and the story and characters are really cool. I know a lot of people dont like it just because it steals the spotlight every time its announced anywhere. which is understandable that poeple dont like having things shoved in their face over and over. Strictly single player and coop, Halo 1 and 3 are excellent games. Some of the best. But I cant even stress how much i HATE the halo online community. WookieChestHair

Huh. I'd say that I like Halo 2 better than Halo. Sort of, but I also sort of don't. IDK. I think Halo will always be the best, but Halo 2 takes everything that was great about Halo and builds on them, as well as adding some new elements. HALO: Combat Evolved will always raign supreme, but I also really like Halo 2.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mechworrior762

Thank-you; someone who agrees that the story is actually good. Everyone I know refuses to play single player; instead sticking to live.

Halo 3 was the first Halo I played and I fell in love after the second mission. Simply incredible gameplay mechanics that keep you playing over and over.

Halo3ForMe

Yes, I'm with you. The story pulled me in, and it hasn't let me go yet. :) I find it completely epic and enchanting.

But man, you really should have started at the beggining, instead of jumping in with 3.

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
i'm starting to think that many of the ppl who say the story was no good, and the game is terrible and what not had there minds made up about this game before they even put the disc in, or they don't know a thing or 2 about decent story telling. if you realy payed attention to the plot of halo 3 and all the events that transpire from the first game to the very last moment of halo 3, there is some realy crazy and deep stuff going on. the same thing happened for me w/ HL2:ep2. i didn't realy pay that much attention on my first playthrough and i was kind of confused about some of the things ppl were talking about. but i recently played through hl2, ep1, and ep2 and the stuff that goes down is CRAZY. halo is the same way you have to take into account all of the events that have transpired and relate them to what is going on currently. now niether of those game has the deep and emotional story telling of bioshock, but thats like comparing stanley kubrick to micheal bay...
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mechworrior762

i'm starting to think that many of the ppl who say the story was no good, and the game is terrible and what not had there minds made up about this game before they even put the disc in, or they don't know a thing or 2 about decent story telling.

wreak

Agreed.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#82 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i thought it was awesome, unfortunately i have little time for multiplayer games atm
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mechworrior762

i thought it was awesome, unfortunately i have little time for multiplayer games atmchaoscougar1

I play the HALO games almost exclusively for the single player. The MP in 3 is just an added bonus. I don't understand why people buy the game just for the MP.

fwept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 fwept
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts

I recently got a 360. It was the second game i got the the 360 and i loved every second of it. Did not have a clue wat was going on as i did not follow storyline and did not play halo 1 or 2 but i really enjoyed it.

Multiplayer is very fun! Co-op is also brilliant and the fact i can have mates around play online with me is basically such a pwnage feature. I heart it majorly. Im not a fanboy but i really did enjoy it. Though im playing COD4 atm.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mechworrior762
^^^WTF didn't you play the first two? You can download Halo: CE from the XBL Market Place! You don't even have to go to the store! IDK about Halo 2.
starwars0000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86 starwars0000
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
I love Halo 3. Not the best game ever, but great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 02152008
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
[QUOTE="Halo3ForMe"]

mechworrior762

Yes, I'm with you. The story pulled me in, and it hasn't let me go yet. :) I find it completely epic and enchanting.

But man, you really should have started at the beggining, instead of jumping in with 3.

That's the special thing about Halo 3. It's epic.:)

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mechworrior762

^^Yes. It is. Almost all other FPSs out there miss that. They just can't get it right. HALO hits it all the way. That, among countless other things, is what sets it apart from the general rable of the others FPSs.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 mechworrior762
:) Moving to the top page. :)
polarwrath11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 polarwrath11
Member since 2006 • 1676 Posts
Dude check out the correlation of your poll "graph" : not many people vote for either extremes, most go for the middle neutral option; "I like it"
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Halo 3 is alright. Its a solid FPS and certainly one of the better console FPS's out there. My big problem with it is its mulitplayer. Who wins in a melee fight seems to be arbitrary disturbingly often (many times I've meleed first only to die by the other guy who meleed after I did. and I've had the situation reversed many times as well. Its to the point where I feel cheap whenever I get melee kill because I keep asking myself if I really did hit the B button faster than that other guy or if the game just flipped a coin that landed in my favor). Groups are allowed in ranked games which just completely ruins mulitiplayer (they need to do what COD4 did and create seperate playlists for groups and solo players so that you don't end up with a clan team going up against a bunch of random people).

As far as single player goes its great but Bungie seriously screwed up in all three games by including the flood levels.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mechworrior762

Dude check out the correlation of your poll "graph" : not many people vote for either extremes, most go for the middle neutral option; "I like it"polarwrath11

Your point being?

Gamerguy6700: It's not always who melees first: It's often a matter of who's shields are stronger...

Rockingtime75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Rockingtime75
Member since 2006 • 805 Posts

I enjoyed the campaign immensely, but I could live without the multiplayer.

Yeah, I know I'm one of the few who think this way.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#94 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
it's pretty good, but the multiplayer has some very irritating glitches which sometimes scares me off the game. Close quarters fights usually end with a 50/50 chance of who wins the beatdown or shotgun duel. The single player was fine, but not as good as Halo CE.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mechworrior762

I enjoyed the campaign immensely, but I could live without the multiplayer.

Yeah, I know I'm one of the few who think this way.

Rockingtime75

Yeah, I pretty much bought the HALO games for the single player. The MP is just a bonus that I occasionally use. Halo 3 MIGHT change that, though.

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="polarwrath11"]Dude check out the correlation of your poll "graph" : not many people vote for either extremes, most go for the middle neutral option; "I like it"mechworrior762

Your point being?

Gamerguy6700: It's not always who melees first: It's often a matter of who's shields are stronger...

I know that. I'm talking about the kind of situation where someone has part of the shield left, the other person has none, the person with the shield hits the B button first, the guy without a shield hits it a split second later, and yet the guy without a shield wins. I've had it happen to me on countless occassions and I've done it to other people on many occassions as well (like I've been right next to someone, had no shield, I see them melee me before I melee them yet the game kills them instead).

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 mechworrior762
Hmmmm. That sucks. It soulds like, although being incredibly fun, the MP has it's share of bugs. e.g. What you described, and well as people sniping someone in the head, and it just goes through, without doing anyone any harm.
Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
To the 360th degree baby!
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 mechworrior762

That sucks to the 360th degree?

LOL. Like your sig, the part about the chicken...