Halo 3: Do you like it? And to what degree?

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 mechworrior762
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
It seems that everybody either loves it, or hates it. I'm just trying to get the numbers.:)
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
I don't like it, in fact I hate it. Wish I never bought it. Guess I'm not immune to hype.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mechworrior762
WHY do you hate it? Did you like the first two?
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts

I "Accepted" the first one, thought the second was identical with new features.

I guess the story isn't flushed out enough for me, I didn't feel for any of the characters, I wouldn't have cared if the master chief was replaced by Steven segal. The feel of it was very plastic, the killing was no fun for me. I'm not a big fan of colorful aliens and purple blood, and squeeking midgets. Had it been human faction vs human factions with more spartans, I'd probably be singing a diffrent tune. Only thing that was epic imo was the music.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i like it, but its not the best, didn't get into the hype tho, cousins annoyed me into it lol
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts
Sure, I enjoy playing Halo 3 on co op and the multiplayer is great. I believe I was a little disappointed in the campaign and the storyline for Halo 3.
YourLastDay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 YourLastDay86
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts
Overrated. Oh, so overrated. It's not like it is a horrible game, but ti felt more like Halo 2.25 then a new title.
Avatar image for gintheplacetobe
gintheplacetobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gintheplacetobe
Member since 2003 • 4512 Posts

I didn't think it was a really bad game, but I also thought it felt more like an expansion then a sequel. Halo 2.5 is more like it. The gameplay is pretty much identical with a handful of new weapons/vehicles. Out of the big new features: online co-op, replays, and forge, co:op was the only one that really enhanced the gameplay. Forge would have been cool if you could search for custom games. And all the replays did for me is let me show people all the BS in this game like plasma nades going right through people and other players getting shot through shield doors.

I played Halo 3 for about a week and a half before saying to myself, "Wow. This is the same game I got sick of playing 4 years ago."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 02152008
Member since 2008 • 203 Posts
In my opinion, Halo 3 is a delightful video game. Nevertheless, it's not as tremendous as everybody states.
aerman176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aerman176
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
Multiplayer is fun, but it's hard to go back after playing CoD4. The campaign was decent at best, but the plot and characters made it feel like a big, brainless summer action movie.
Avatar image for patsfan4liferjn
patsfan4liferjn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 patsfan4liferjn
Member since 2007 • 1253 Posts
i rly enjoyed halo 3.the single player was good and the multi player is great. but it did not live up to what i expected. i thought it would be a 10 but i would give it like a 8.5 maybe 9. but it was definatly worth $60.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mechworrior762
I don't know why, but from what I am hearing, some people just can't get into it. I can. IDK why. Maybe it's because I read all the books. That kind of fleshes out the story. I just really get into it. The sweep of the story is nice, when you look at the big at the big picture. I love the gameplay of Halo 1 & 2. I haven't actuall played H3 yet, but I am getting a 360 on about a week. I am almost done woth H2 (I just bought an Xbox about a month ago.) An I'm really excited about H3. I watched all the videos, and it looks really good. I can't wait. It gives me chills. I guess the gameplay is just really my type. I like the story, too. It seems really, full.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mechworrior762
bumping.:)
Hinata237

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 Hinata237
Member since 2006 • 9416 Posts
I like it, kinda get's boring after a while though. And dealing with the immature idiots on Multi-player is very frustrating.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
i realy liked halo 3. it was a fun emersive and all around quality title that i can still throw on if i'm bored and don't know what els to play.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mechworrior762
You can just mute the voice chat....
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#17 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i beat it and played it online and left for a while. i'm starting to get back into it again, it's a great experience doing matchmaking with friends.
acesion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 acesion
Member since 2003 • 1938 Posts
Its ok but it ruined the story the two predecessor had built up for it. Aside from that the Gameplay is solid, but to me Gameplay is only important from an MP perspective, as far as singleplay the story is the most important element.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts
I hate it.. Halo CE was ok then Halo 2 was a little worse but Halo 3 is just garbage compared to other good games.
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts
It's a good game, and fun to play when you have friends over. However, it's not the best game of '07 on the 360. I've give that to Rock Band.
iamcool2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 iamcool2121
Member since 2005 • 611 Posts
i like halo 3 i enjoy the mutiplayer a lot.
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
It's a mediocre shooter. The campaign bores me and the multiplayer got old for me with Halo 2. Halo 3's multiplayer feels like the same thing as 2, at least to me.
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts
Its a great shooter! It would not have got such great reviews otherwise but it bears to much resemblance with Halo 2. Good thing I didn't play it then. Anyway the online MP is great I love it but the story is boring and I didnt even bother finishing campaign mode.
smelly_corn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 smelly_corn
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

Whats similiar to being raped up the arse by a horny virgin panda while visiting the zoo with you girl? Not Halo 3...but it does rival the pain as well as embaressment. Halo 3 is liivng proof that the EA'sand Namco marketing strategy sells. Make the same game, add one new component and sell it for 60 bucks. While laugh as a bunch of gaming retards purchase it treat it as a God. And sing forth holy psalms. You'd be better off contracting an STD rather then play this game. The campaign is wretched, makes me wish I never got involved with the fight. The online is the same as Halo 2...which means we have all been there and done it already. Halo 3 could best be described as George bush. It free loads off of the success of it's predecessor. And rather then improve upon anything...itrather decides to simply worsens it's own name. You'd be better off playing Red steel for the Wee (Yes I know thats not how you spell it.) Then even renting this eye sore of a console game.

smelly_corn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 smelly_corn
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
Now go play Bioshock already.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
it's pretty good. But a little too easy if you ask me. Too many noobs that bought into the hype play that game.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
well, for the first 3 or 4 hours i had it on release day i thought it was really great. but then i realized all the single player levels are basically the same, there's only one that i can think of that i really enjoyed, and i can think of 2 that made me want to kill myself. after getting bored with the single player i went and played multiplayer, the gameplay was okay, but i hated the matchmaking, and i hate the maps. i can play one or two matches online but then i just get really bored. i stopped playing it after that, and didn't play again until i decided to finish the story a few weeks later. i finished it, and then went back to the multiplayer. still boring. even now if i try playing it, i play 2 or 3 matches and then find myself thinking of other things to do. it presents no challenge to me whatsoever, just a lot of frustration from the terrible melee system. the only time i ever play it now is local multiplayer with my friends, and we haven't even played that for a few months. just for the record too i have played the previous halo's. halo 1 was great, the story in halo 2 was great except the ending, and the multiplayer in 2 was fantastic. halo 3 just didn't do anything for me.
fallenlasciel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fallenlasciel
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

I love the game it is a brilliant move by Bungie. However it is not the best game ever ther are some things it could have dont better. But you still have to admit it is a fun game multiplayer is great especially if you have Live and now with this Hopper and Autoupdates it is constantly changing. Halo: CE was one of THE BEST games EVER and if you dont like it then, well last time I said what you are I almsot got banned, but still it did what its name said it evolved combat. Halo haters keep your stupid not-thought out opinions to yourself.

Silviiwilvii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silviiwilvii
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts
I liked it.... but that's it. lol. It was a good game, but not great. I would've given it a 8.0. It's one of those play and forget games.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
I thought it was great. I loved Halo 2 and 3. CE was the worst one imo. Just going through the same room about 50 for half of it. But I used to really hate Halo until I played my friend's Halo 2 a few months ago, so maybe thats why it lived up to my expectations in the end. Still, I much prefer it to The Orange Box.. even Gears.
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#31 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
I like to play w/friends but I enjoy COD4 and Gears 10 times better
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mechworrior762

I thought it was great. I loved Halo 2 and 3. CE was the worst one imo. Just going through the same room about 50 for half of it. But I used to really hate Halo until I played my friend's Halo 2 a few months ago, so maybe thats why it lived up to my expectations in the end. Still, I much prefer it to The Orange Box.. even Gears.cheames748

LOL. The rooms were really repetative. I think the devs had had about 7 rooms designed, and they just clicked and dragged them onto the map. Still a great game, though.

For those of you saying it is boring, or not hard enough, try it on legendary.:)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Overrated. Oh, so overrated. It's not like it is a horrible game, but ti felt more like Halo 2.25 then a new title. YourLastDay86

Lol, I totally agree. Halo 3, is like Halo 2 "jacked up" on steroids. But even for next-gen standards the graphics didnt support 720p HD and up. It supported 480p. Go figure. Although, it can be easily overlooked by some, I couldnt help but to come up with a self-acclaimed title, Halo 3: Return of the Jaggies. Haha jk..

People ask, is Halo 3 overrated? Definitely. Aside from the cool vehicles and amazing co-op, there arent many new things to offer that would separate Halo 3 from it's predecessors. I purchased Halo 3 because I was craving for another shooter, after completing Gears of War. Excellent game btw.

Halo 3 was great, but not superb. They could have worked hard at making this new installment different from it's predecessors and counterparts, but it failed. Not to be alarmed, Halo 3 still has its perks like co-op, forge, multiplayer, and achievements that gives this game so much replayability.

50shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 50shot
Member since 2003 • 8359 Posts
I love some of the level designs in the multiplayer games, but other than that, they lost the game's touch, because it's not as good as what halo1 and 2 were.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

Sure, I enjoy playing Halo 3 on co op and the multiplayer is great. I believe I was a little disappointed in the campaign and the storyline for Halo 3. MsCortana

yea the story sucked imo

iiplayboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 iiplayboy
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts
Halo 3 is a great game but it got to dry for me after I hadplayed it for 2 weeks, it just kinda losts its edge multiplayer wise. Plain and simple Halo 2 had a more electricfying multiplayer.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mechworrior762
I just don't think that I will ever get tired of playing the single player. I've watched all the videos a million times, and it just looks really cool. I guess everything in the games just strikes the exact right cords with me. It seems strange that so many of you don't like it that much.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
I just don't think that I will ever get tired of playing the single player. I've watched all the videos a million times, and it just looks really cool. I guess everything in the games just strikes the exact right cords with me. It seems strange that so many of you don't like it that much.mechworrior762
dude seriously, i mean if you really like it that much then i respect your opinion, but wait until you actually play it.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mechworrior762
I just don't think that I will ever get tired of playing the single player. I've watched all the videos a million times, and it just looks really cool. I guess everything in the games just strikes the exact right cords with me. It seems strange that so many of you don't like it that much.
j3v1zzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 j3v1zzle
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts
I like it but it's neither great nor revolutionary. It's just an alright game.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

I guess the story isn't flushed out enough for me, I didn't feel for any of the characters, I wouldn't have cared if the master chief was replaced by Steven segal. The feel of it was very plastic, the killing was no fun for me. I'm not a big fan of colorful aliens and purple blood, and squeeking midgets. Had it been human faction vs human factions with more spartans, I'd probably be singing a diffrent tune. Only thing that was epic imo was the music.

Keitarourashima

Agreed. Human Spartans vs. Human Colonial rebels would be much more interesting. That's the war the spartans were designed to fight anyway.

mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mechworrior762
So based on the rections here, am I correct in saying that in most of your minds, H3 is evalutionary, not revalutionary?
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mechworrior762
[QUOTE="Keitarourashima"]

thrones

Agreed. Human Spartans vs. Human Colonial rebels would be much more interesting. That's the war the spartans were designed to fight anyway.

That would be cool. Halo: Civil War?

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

Keitarourashima

you mean like almost every other sequal ever created?

Deadalus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Deadalus_
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
I own both Call of Duty 4 and Bioshock. Completed both one time and forgot about them. Halo series is a different story. I played the first Halo 20+ times, most of the time on legendary, and I'm finishing Halo 3 the fifth time now. And that's only single player, I recently bought my XBox 360 and it isn't even connected to net... So yes, Halo series is one of the best, for me at least, while the first part stands beside Half-Life and I consider it to be one of the best FPS games of all time. Halo 1 does what it promises, it evolved the combat and the gameplay, and not the level design was it's key strength. Halo 3 however, improves that gameplay to perfection, nearly gets rid of all mistakes from the first and second part, every component works together like it should (the one it fails, though, is the story, it could be done a lot better, if supported by the books). So like I said, I have other great shooters, but only Halo 3 makes me return to play the single player, over and over again, till I play on legendary difficulty with ease...
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mechworrior762

I own both Call of Duty 4 and Bioshock. Completed both one time and forgot about them. Halo series is a different story. I played the first Halo 20+ times, most of the time on legendary, and I'm finishing Halo 3 the fifth time now. And that's only single player, I recently bought my XBox 360 and it isn't even connected to net... So yes, Halo series is one of the best, for me at least, while the first part stands beside Half-Life and I consider it to be one of the best FPS games of all time. Halo 1 does what it promises, it evolved the combat and the gameplay, and not the level design was it's key strength. Halo 3 however, improves that gameplay to perfection, nearly gets rid of all mistakes from the first and second part, every component works together like it should (the one it fails, though, is the story, it could be done a lot better, if supported by the books). So like I said, I have other great shooters, but only Halo 3 makes me return to play the single player, over and over again, till I play on legendary difficulty with ease... Deadalus_

You're my kind of guy:D (not in a gay way, of course.)

KodaksPoptarTs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KodaksPoptarTs
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
well i loved halo .. halo 2 was ok.. halo 3 is fun, but i dont play it all the time.. i usually just play on it with my friends
jediknight1818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jediknight1818
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The story is fun to play the first time but for me there is no replay value, the real fun is in the multiplayer and not the on-line multiplayer b\c their are too many who don't take it seriously enough and kill the fun.
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mechworrior762
IDK about H3 (although I expect the same will be true, only more so,) but I can probably get a good five plays out of the Halo 2 single player alone; twice on Heroic, and two or three times on Legendary.
UKLTLEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 UKLTLEMON
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts
liked it but not as good as te others