Goodbye Wet, Rogue Warrior....

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts

Then don't buy them, stupid thread, time to close.

xbx4ever
Thread was started to inform people of the price drop, if you dont like it, then dont come in
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
[QUOTE="CNUrGames"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"] lmao you are an idiot my friend....your brother is an idiot as well...Im not even close to saying that all $59.99 games are AAA titles and you should definitely have done your research before wasting your money on that game that got horrible reviews....it sucks that it "costed" him that much but again my point was not that....I am saying the games that can possibly be great or amazing are usually sold at the $59.99 price point at release.... So after all this, how many of you people actually believe Wet or Rogue Warrior will be a AAA title? Have you guys not noticed that most if not 99% of games released at the $49.99 price point usually get horrible reviews? (with very very few exceptions)deadly_shuriken
You obviously didn't scroll up to see the evidence I showed you that the price you listed is a GameStop exclusive price. They are lowering the price as a bonus for Pre-ordering it from them. It is not a universal price since Walmart, a major retailer, is still selling it for the full price point. Game is probably still MSRP'ed at 59.99 meaning the developer still thinks it's worth full price. This is just a gimmick by GameStop to confuse people like you, just you went the wrong way with it.

Any game I can buy before its release at $49.99 from Gamestop, even if its a deal, means bad news Just wait and see...and if you would like, i can point out MANY games that have came out recently at the $49.99 or $39.99 that were HORRIBLE

But GameStop is only offering that as a pre-order bonus. Don't pre-order that game and go into the store on release day and I guarantee that it'll be 59.99. That's if it's not an online only special, which it might be. That's all part of doing research. Instead of offering a stupid poster like they did for Prototype, they're offering a discount, which I think most people would agree is far better. I hope Wet comes out and gets at least an 8.5 just so you'll realize that the quality of a game has nothing to do with the price.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CNUrGames

[QUOTE="xbx4ever"]

Then don't buy them, stupid thread, time to close.

deadly_shuriken

Thread was started to inform people of the price drop, if you dont like it, then dont come in

But you're accusing the game of being terrible and that being the cause of a price drop without ever playing it. If you had come in and said "GameStop has a price drop if you pre-order this game!" people would have thanked you for the info, instead you created a flame war

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"][QUOTE="CNUrGames"] You obviously didn't scroll up to see the evidence I showed you that the price you listed is a GameStop exclusive price. They are lowering the price as a bonus for Pre-ordering it from them. It is not a universal price since Walmart, a major retailer, is still selling it for the full price point. Game is probably still MSRP'ed at 59.99 meaning the developer still thinks it's worth full price. This is just a gimmick by GameStop to confuse people like you, just you went the wrong way with it.CNUrGames
Any game I can buy before its release at $49.99 from Gamestop, even if its a deal, means bad news Just wait and see...and if you would like, i can point out MANY games that have came out recently at the $49.99 or $39.99 that were HORRIBLE

But GameStop is only offering that as a pre-order bonus. Don't pre-order that game and go into the store on release day and I guarantee that it'll be 59.99. That's if it's not an online only special, which it might be. That's all part of doing research. Instead of offering a stupid poster like they did for Prototype, they're offering a discount, which I think most people would agree is far better. I hope Wet comes out and gets at least an 8.5 just so you'll realize that the quality of a game has nothing to do with the price.

RE4 for the Wii got a good rating and it was cheap on its release day that should prove enough. But its 360 section so if i mention a Wii game here then i suck probably. :lol:

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CNUrGames

RE4 for the Wii got a good rating and it was cheap on its release day that should prove enough. But its 360 section so if i mention a Wii game here then i suck probably. :lol:

archvile_78
The only reason I'll agree with that is because the Wii has less graphical capabilities so games are probably a little less to develop for the system (I can't back that up with science, so please don't take that as fact, just assumption). Plus I think they were probably trying to bolster support, that's the only reason I'd see it as somewhat different.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Even tho it has less graphical capabillities its still a small upgrade from the GC version even graphical wise no? Also with big name such as RE4, the fact it costed like 30$ is quite a bargain. But i see your points and agree with it as well.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Any game I can buy before its release at $49.99 from Gamestop, even if its a deal, means bad news Just wait and see...and if you would like, i can point out MANY games that have came out recently at the $49.99 or $39.99 that were HORRIBLEdeadly_shuriken

Is your belief based only for gamestop? BUY.com had a deal for ODST for $49.99. different stores set there own prices to beat the competition.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

As a game shop owner in the UK i can see where TC is coming from, a large amount of games that come with a lower than average RRP which is usually between £49.99 and £54.99, but all sell for a Maximum of £44.99 do end up been bad games, but there are a lot of good games which come with a lower RRP, granted none of them get to AAA, but that doesn't mean they are bad games, and to say they are just shows how narrow minded you are, game such as the LEGO series are some of the best selling game to come out on 360 and they are also fun but none came out at full RRP, and yet EA's Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince was released at full RRP and was one of the worst releases this year, so really TC you shouldn't go saying games that you haven't played are bad just because one store is selling it for less than is recommended but everyone else should understand that TC words are not completely wrong and that some games that come out with a lower than average RRP do so because they want to sell them quick before anyone has the chance to see the reviews.

mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
wow, this thread has turned into complete and utter nonsense. clearly, the OP is a thick-headed loser with no real reasoning or logic skills. despite all the evidence pointed to the contrary, OP still decides to belive his small-minded view.
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deadly_shuriken

should understand that TC words are not completely wrong and that some games that come out with a lower than average RRP do so because they want to sell them quick before anyone has the chance to see the reviews.

spike6958
I'm not saying all games that come out under $59.99 will be bad games...I'm just saying they wont be AAA titles...im sure the Lego series was fun and wasnt $59.99 but again thats a Lego game, nothing an actual gamer or hardcore gamer would be interested in unless they had their little siblings to play with....
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mattg90520
[QUOTE="mattg90520"] read the post above you coming from a shop owner and you'll understand that you are the thick-headed morondeadly_shuriken
seriously?! god, you REALLY are a moron. the post above mine was in agreeance with me, not you.

As a game shop owner in the UK i can see where TC is coming from, a large amount of games that come with a lower than average RRP which is usually between £49.99 and £54.99, but all sell for a Maximum of £44.99 do end up been bad games, but there are a lot of good games which come with a lower RRP, granted none of them get to AAA, but that doesn't mean they are bad games, and to say they are just shows how narrow minded you are, game such as the LEGO series are some of the best selling game to come out on 360 and they are also fun but none came out at full RRP, and yet EA's Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince was released at full RRP and was one of the worst releases this year, so really TC you shouldn't go saying games that you haven't played are bad just because one store is selling it for less than is recommended but everyone else should understand that TC words are not completely wrong and that some games that come out with a lower than average RRP do so because they want to sell them quick before anyone has the chance to see the reviews.

spike6958
did you happen to miss the part where he exemplifies a game released below mspr (LEGO, in this case) did amazingly well whereas a game released at msrp (harry potter) did awful. furthermore, his statement is saying you shouldnt apply a blanket statement to all games released at different prices. no. because you consider your opinion as fact, saying that:
I'm not saying all games that come out under $59.99 will be bad games...I'm just saying they wont be AAA titles...im sure the Lego series was fun and wasnt $59.99 but again thats a Lego game, nothing an actual gamer or hardcore gamer would be interested in unless they had their little siblings to play with....deadly_shuriken
you think that your opinion is fact. however, i have many xbox live friends who greatly enjoy the lego games and are also hardcore gamers, into gears, halo, cod, whatever. the further i see your skills as a debater, the more i think you are a true imbecile. you make no sense whatsoever and any counter-argument, you say that the persons example arent AAA quality because you dont think they are. god, get a life and get off the forums, you loser
KinehdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 KinehdX
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="mattg90520"]wow, this thread has turned into complete and utter nonsense. clearly, the OP is a thick-headed loser with no real reasoning or logic skills. despite all the evidence pointed to the contrary, OP still decides to belive his small-minded view.deadly_shuriken
read the post above you coming from a shop owner and you'll understand that you are the thick-headed moron

/facepalm

i'm 100% sure this guy only reads the first 2 sentences of everyones post.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"][QUOTE="spike6958"]

should understand that TC words are not completely wrong and that some games that come out with a lower than average RRP do so because they want to sell them quick before anyone has the chance to see the reviews.

I'm not saying all games that come out under $59.99 will be bad games...I'm just saying they wont be AAA titles...im sure the Lego series was fun and wasnt $59.99 but again thats a Lego game, nothing an actual gamer or hardcore gamer would be interested in unless they had their little siblings to play with....

I consider myself a hardcore gamer, i play the so called "Hardcore game" such as Gears, Halo ect.. but i also have played all the Lego Games and enjoyed them all, they make a nice change from all the shooting games that the 360 is full of these days, again your juging games that from what i can tell you have never played, which is just wrong.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mattg90520
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"][QUOTE="KinehdX"]

read the post above you coming from a shop owner and you'll understand that you are the thick-headed morondeadly_shuriken

/facepalm

i'm 100% sure this guy only reads the first 2 sentences of everyones post.

"should understand that TC words are not completely wrong and that some games that come out with a lower than average RRP do so because they want to sell them quick before anyone has the chance to see the reviews." Have you ever heard of the fact that movie studios dont show their movies to critics before release date so they dont spread bad publicity.....that way they can make more money from fools like you that buy games and watch movies on the fly without doing any research?

actually, once again, youre wrong. critics are among the people who see movies before release dates. in fact, almost anyone can see a movie before release. its called an advance screening. theyre not super common but if you live around a big city like philly or nyc, chance are you can find one. so yeah, once again, wrong about movies, though, instead of games
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mattg90520
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

Agreeance with you?

"should understand that TC words are not completely wrong and that some games that come out with a lower than average RRP do so because they want to sell them quick before anyone has the chance to see the reviews."

Well if your "hardcore" gamer friends play Lego games, then they must be sore losers with nothing else to do than play a game about legos LOL The only reason they probably played that game is to raise their gamerscore....either that or theyre little kids with no lives...you must be one of them too lol

LMAO the Lego game is a AAA title? Wow you are a loser arent you? You call yourself a gamer when you know NOTHING about games, NOTHING

my point exactly. just because you dont think lego games are 'hardcore' doesnt make them 1. not decent or quality games 2. wrong for a hardcore gamer to play them or 3. make the player a sore loser with no life. god, you know, everyone here thinks youre the idiot loser. just stop, please.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mattg90520

[QUOTE="mattg90520"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"] "should understand that TC words are not completely wrong and that some games that come out with a lower than average RRP do so because they want to sell them quick before anyone has the chance to see the reviews." Have you ever heard of the fact that movie studios dont show their movies to critics before release date so they dont spread bad publicity.....that way they can make more money from fools like you that buy games and watch movies on the fly without doing any research?deadly_shuriken

actually, once again, youre wrong. critics are among the people who see movies before release dates. in fact, almost anyone can see a movie before release. its called an advance screening. theyre not super common but if you live around a big city like philly or nyc, chance are you can find one. so yeah, once again, wrong about movies, though, instead of games

WOW your a big moron arent you???? There are LOTS of crapppyyyyyyy movies that come out without advanced screenings, google it you moron

well then, you know, i guess movie critics and reviews somehow go see the movie the day it comes out, yet still make time to write a review, format it, and have it published in the morning paper, all to be delivered by 6, maybe 7 in the morning of that very same friday. yep, that world makes sense. thanks dead_shur, youve really opened my eyes. goodness, you are SO smart
i_noseworthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 i_noseworthy
Member since 2003 • 1585 Posts
I'm sure I'll be called a moron by the TC, but here's my take: A lower price is some cause for concern, I will agree with that. But a price given only at one location, and Gamestop of all places, who have absolutely ZERO knowledge of games in most cases, is not really any reason to say the game will be bad. Going by your logic, almost every game that is released would be a terrible game, because (in Canada at least) stores like Future Shop often reduce new game prices by 10 bucks the day they are released, to help gain interest in the title, be it a "AAA title or not". So again, using your logic mind you, Gears is a terrible game (released at $49.99) Resident Evil 5 is garbage (released at $55), and countless others aren't worth looking into either. Stop being defensive, listen to others people's points, and be a man and realize you might be wrong on this. I say might, because for all I know the game could flop. But it might be a best seller. Who knows until it is released? The problem is, even if it does sell well and review well, you are likely to turn around and say it only happened because of the cheaper price. An assumption on my part, maybe, but you sound like the type that will prove your point in your own mind, regardless of the real-world outcome. You've obviously taken a stance on this, and for all I know, you may be right. But you should at least be open to the fact that you may (GASP!) be wrong, as well...
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deadly_shuriken

Also, if you look correctly at their site they are offering a "Pre-Order Special: Save $10 dollars"

Game Crazy is offering a Soundtrack CD for pre-order

Walmart is still listing the price as 59.82.

Before you start spouting off things, do some additional research.

CNUrGames

http://www.amazon.com/WET-Xbox-360/dp/B000XJS00K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1250718278&sr=1-1

You just got OWND