Goodbye Wet, Rogue Warrior....

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts

Both games have now received a price drop to $49.99 on Gamestop

Meaning they will both be crap... I had some kind of hope for these games but I no longer do

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

Meaning they will both be crap... I had some kind of hope for these games but I no longer do

Im sure some companies will be proud of you... "I only pay MORE for MY games, yay!"
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#3 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

Both games have now received a price drop to $49.99 on Gamestop

deadly_shuriken
I think they are lowering the price because they aren't getting much attention... I DO think they might end up being crap.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#5 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

[QUOTE="Witchsight"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

deadly_shuriken

Im sure some companies will be proud of you... "I only pay MORE for MY games, yay!"

You must be too dumb to realize that all big name games go for the standard price of $59.99

If the games sell for cheaper NEW...then there must be something wrong...

Once i see AAA titles selling for $49.99 then ill find it ok for other games to follow suit.

And orb, i dont understand they are trying to get attention, but at the same time, when games lower their prices right before release, its pretty bad news

good point. it's pretty much a "sleeper hit," so I'm guessing they are lowering prices to get some more sales. stats are important, too I guess lol
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Uh oh. Batman: Arkham Asylum marked down to $53 on amazon.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mattg90520
Member since 2006 • 3115 Posts
[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

Im sure some companies will be proud of you... "I only pay MORE for MY games, yay!"Witchsight

You must be too dumb to realize that all big name games go for the standard price of $59.99

Once i see AAA titles selling for $49.99 then ill find it ok for other games to follow suit.

And orb, i dont understand they are trying to get attention, but at the same time, when games lower their prices right before release, its pretty bad news

good point. it's pretty much a "sleeper hit," so I'm guessing they are lowering prices to get some more sales. stats are important, too I guess lol

yeah, it doesnt look like wet atleast (not sure about rogue warrior) is going to be a mainstream hit. i havent seen many people excited about it. i mean, i love a good sleeper hit. hey, if you want to pay more, good for you but lower price doesnt mean bad.
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deadly_shuriken

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

mattg90520

yeah, it doesnt look like wet atleast (not sure about rogue warrior) is going to be a mainstream hit. i havent seen many people excited about it. i mean, i love a good sleeper hit. hey, if you want to pay more, good for you but lower price doesnt mean bad.

Can you name me one game that came out at a retail price below $59.99 that was actually a great game? As in something you will play over n over again for a while?

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Perhaps its worth a rent, i sure for one won't let myself fooled by price. :/

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Witchsight

Hm, and i notice you might be the kind of ignorant gamer keeping EA and Activision thriving. Money doesnt always equal quality, its a simple lesson.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Witchsight

Can you name me one game that came out at a retail price below $59.99 that was actually a great game? As in something you will play over n over again for a while?

Crackdown, EDF, Orange Box are all great games :?
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts
I don't know that you can immediately say they're going to be bad by price. I would have paid 60 for the Lego games and they were only 40 or 50, granted I recognize the difference but I'd wait and try a demo or see how the critics rate it before I completely count it off. This really could just be a way for them to throw their name out there in a pretty busy holiday season
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deadly_shuriken

[QUOTE="Witchsight"] Im sure some companies will be proud of you... "I only pay MORE for MY games, yay!"Witchsight

Hm, and i notice you might be the kind of ignorant gamer keeping EA and Activision thriving. Money doesnt always equal quality, its a simple lesson.

EA, Activision and just about every other developer with a Great Title in their hands Once you get your head out your ass and realize that youcrying about the price point of $59.99 for new good quality games (that has been set for a few years now) will not make a difference at all....then you might realize that any game selling below that price at release is something i would definitely not consider a quality title... And even if they do have a sleeper hit in their hands, dont you think they would keep the price at $59.99, considering that the "great" reviews will be out and word of mouth will spread in order for them to sell more copies? They obviously didnt choose that route and instead want to sell as many copies as possible for that price before the word comes out that the game sucks

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RoslindaleOne
Just because a game is cheaper on release doesn't mean it will be "crap." [QUOTE="Witchsight"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

Exactly.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="Witchsight"] Im sure some companies will be proud of you... "I only pay MORE for MY games, yay!"Witchsight

And even though I don't care for this game, I have to admit that NFL 2K5 was a STEAL at $20 instead of the normal $50 when it came out. So that goes right against your theory right there that games that are cheaper when they first come out must be crap... Interesting how that pans out...

deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deadly_shuriken

Witchsight

Very few exceptions and i definitely wouldnt consider EDF or Crackdown AAA Titles
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RoslindaleOne

nickdastick

And even though I don't care for this game, I have to admit that NFL 2K5 was a STEAL at $20 instead of the normal $50 when it came out. So that goes right against your theory right there that games that are cheaper when they first come out must be crap... Interesting how that pans out...

NFL 2K5 was an amazing game. Many argue it was one of the greatest football games ever and it was only $20. This topic makes no sense.
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deadly_shuriken
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

Hm, and i notice you might be the kind of ignorant gamer keeping EA and Activision thriving. Money doesnt always equal quality, its a simple lesson. Witchsight

NFL 2K5 was an amazing game. Many argue it was one of the greatest football games ever and it was only $20. This topic makes no sense.

Wow a game that sold for $20 back in 05....a once in a lifetime deal...and your gonna turn that into a counter argument...lol how pathetic
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RoslindaleOne

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

deadly_shuriken

Wow a game that sold for $20 back in 05....a once in a lifetime deal...and your gonna turn that into a counter argument...lol how pathetic

Why are you so defensive? Call me names earlier was such a fantastic counter argument.

deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deadly_shuriken

[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"] NFL 2K5 was an amazing game. Many argue it was one of the greatest football games ever and it was only $20. This topic makes no sense.RoslindaleOne

Why are you so defensive? Call me names earlier was such a fantastic counter argument.

Read your first post on this thread, your sarcasm doesnt add anything to this conversation
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RoslindaleOne
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]

[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"] Wow a game that sold for $20 back in 05....a once in a lifetime deal...and your gonna turn that into a counter argument...lol how patheticdeadly_shuriken

Read your first post on this thread, your sarcasm doesnt add anything to this conversation

It had a point, though. A game marked down doesn't mean it will be "crap" even if it is cheaper than the regular retail price. So, calm down.
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mattg90520

EA, Activision and just about every other developer with a Great Title in their hands Once you get your head out your ass and realize that youcrying about the price point of $59.99 for new good quality games (that has been set for a few years now) will not make a difference at all....then you might realize that any game selling below that price at release is something i would definitely not consider a quality title... And even if they do have a sleeper hit in their hands, dont you think they would keep the price at $59.99, considering that the "great" reviews will be out and word of mouth will spread in order for them to sell more copies? They obviously didnt choose that route and instead want to sell as many copies as possible for that price before the word comes out that the game sucks

first of all, youre the one whining about price points. quality games are NOT defined by their price point. look at RE4 on wii. great game, came out at 30 bucks. or orange box - 5 great, quality games which currently sells for 20 bucks. once you get your head out of the dirt, you would see that games quality are not based upon their price. i agree. you are the kind of person who keeps EA, Activision, all the big, greedy, only concerned with quantity not quality type studios afloat. the game being a sleeper hit isnt guaranteed. a sleeper hit is usually the kind of game nobody really knows about. word of mouth isnt enough. a move like this would greatly improve sales
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mattg90520

deadly_shuriken

Very few exceptions and i definitely wouldnt consider EDF or Crackdown AAA Titles

just because YOU DONT consider those game AAA doesnt make them not. your opinion alone doesnt quality a game to be non aaa or a non quality game
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
Viva Pinata? Banjo?
mattg90520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mattg90520
Viva Pinata? Banjo? Mario2007
exactly. great games. besides, i just went on to amazon. bioshock 2 lists for 54. assassins creed 2 for 56. dragon age origins for 56. not to mention but how would online retailers have any indication of how good a game is. what qualifications do they have to determine a games quality? theyre not gaming journalists by any means but rather a store and when you trust a store to inform you based on price, youve got some issues
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 archvile_78

FarCry 2 costed me 59,99$ on release day and its not AAA quality. So perhaps try Wet before saying it will suck.

deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deadly_shuriken

FarCry 2 costed me 59,99$ on release day and its not AAA quality. So perhaps try Wet before saying it will suck.

archvile_78
A game selling for $49.99 at release day will never be a AAA title....try again
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CNUrGames

[QUOTE="mattg90520"][QUOTE="Mario2007"]Viva Pinata? Banjo? deadly_shuriken

exactly. great games. besides, i just went on to amazon. bioshock 2 lists for 54. assassins creed 2 for 56. dragon age origins for 56. not to mention but how would online retailers have any indication of how good a game is. what qualifications do they have to determine a games quality? theyre not gaming journalists by any means but rather a store and when you trust a store to inform you based on price, youve got some issues

you must be one of the dumbest people ive talked to on here...the biggest PHYSICAL STORE, that sells games for RETAIL PRICES is GAMESTOP.... Amazon always has deals on games, thats how they are able to sell games online versus someone just going in the store and buying the game.....amazon prices dont meancrap, MSRP prices are only based on prices from GAMESTOP, especially RELEASE DAY PRICES... how dumb are you to not understand this concept?

Actually MSRP stands for MANUFACTURERS Suggested Retail Price... Manufacturer sets it and it's suggested. Plus GameStop sometimes has online specials for games and may be some kind of special for pre-ordering it.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CNUrGames

Also, if you look correctly at their site they are offering a "Pre-Order Special: Save $10 dollars"

Game Crazy is offering a Soundtrack CD for pre-order

Walmart is still listing the price as 59.82.

Before you start spouting off things, do some additional research.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 archvile_78

Its kinda pointless arguing, TC is a total idiot, after all he judge the game JUST BECAUSE its 49,99$ so, not a AAA titles. I remember when my brother bought Legend of Wrestlemania on day 1, it costed 69,99$ and it got a 5/10 i think so its FAR from being a AAA title. What about try, i don't know, renting it first?

deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deadly_shuriken
[QUOTE="CNUrGames"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

exactly. great games. besides, i just went on to amazon. bioshock 2 lists for 54. assassins creed 2 for 56. dragon age origins for 56. not to mention but how would online retailers have any indication of how good a game is. what qualifications do they have to determine a games quality? theyre not gaming journalists by any means but rather a store and when you trust a store to inform you based on price, youve got some issuesmattg90520

you must be one of the dumbest people ive talked to on here...the biggest PHYSICAL STORE, that sells games for RETAIL PRICES is GAMESTOP.... Amazon always has deals on games, thats how they are able to sell games online versus someone just going in the store and buying the game.....amazon prices dont meancrap, MSRP prices are only based on prices from GAMESTOP, especially RELEASE DAY PRICES... how dumb are you to not understand this concept?

Actually MSRP stands for MANUFACTURERS Suggested Retail Price... Manufacturer sets it and it's suggested. Plus GameStop sometimes has online specials for games and may be some kind of special for pre-ordering it.

That is correct....but my point is that a game selling for less than $59.99 at launch is a little suspicious to me and the chances of it being great or amazing are greatly reduced
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CNUrGames
Read my post above. GameStop is the only site that's lowering the price as a way to get people to buy it from them instead of other people. Walmart is still selling it for full price, so is Game Crazy, another game retailer.
MUSH_IS_PWNs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MUSH_IS_PWNs
Member since 2009 • 1213 Posts
ESPN NFL 2K5 was $20 when it was released and that is in many people's opinion (including mine) the best football game of all time.
johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

I just went through the upcoming games list on gamestops website last week and there are ALOT of new games starting to come out @ $49.99 and even some @ $39.99.....

deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deadly_shuriken
Read my post above. GameStop is the only site that's lowering the price as a way to get people to buy it from them instead of other people. Walmart is still selling it for full price, so is Game Crazy, another game retailer.CNUrGames
This drop just happened today... I check Gamestop list on an almost daily basis to see price changes, release day changes, etc....
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deadly_shuriken

I just went through the upcoming games list on gamestops website last week and there are ALOT of new games starting to come out @ $49.99 and even some @ $39.99.....

johnny41252
Can you name some noteworthy games coming out? Any specific examples of games your looking forward to with that price?
wiifreak93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 wiifreak93
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

[QUOTE="mattg90520"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]

deadly_shuriken

first of all, youre the one whining about price points. quality games are NOT defined by their price point. look at RE4 on wii. great game, came out at 30 bucks. or orange box - 5 great, quality games which currently sells for 20 bucks. once you get your head out of the dirt, you would see that games quality are not based upon their price. i agree. you are the kind of person who keeps EA, Activision, all the big, greedy, only concerned with quantity not quality type studios afloat. the game being a sleeper hit isnt guaranteed. a sleeper hit is usually the kind of game nobody really knows about. word of mouth isnt enough. a move like this would greatly improve sales

You talk about Wii game here...wrong forum and wrong topic... Orange box, "Currently" sells for 20....that was regarded as the deal of the century by many....so thats a great exception...and im not talking about "Current" prices but Retail prices on RELEASE DAY...get that through your thick head... And yes....its a known fact that the ceiling price for regular games is $59.99 and has been so ever since the 360 came out...you wont change that fact no matter how much you cry...so again, any game selling for under $59.99 at release day will NOT BE AAA quality Try harder next time

Your saying we can't talk about wii games but as i recall you said "Any" games under 59 dollars.

deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deadly_shuriken
ESPN NFL 2K5 was $20 when it was released and that is in many people's opinion (including mine) the best football game of all time.MUSH_IS_PWNs
Again, that was a once in a lifetime deal...and i do agree it was the best deal ever....but again it has happened only once
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 archvile_78

I ain't the one who bought the game so not my prob really, + 69,99$ is the regular price for game lately. Like star ocean which costed me in total 74$. 69,99$ here = 59,99$ for the US. Anyway AAA or not Wet surely worth a renting.

CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CNUrGames
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

Its kinda pointless arguing, TC is a total idiot, after all he judge the game before its out JUST BECAUSE its 49,99$ so, not a AAA titles. I remember when my brother bought Legend of Wrestlemania on day 1, it costed 69,99$ and it got a 5/10 i think so its FAR from being a AAA title. What about try, i don't know, renting it first?

lmao you are an idiot my friend....your brother is an idiot as well...Im not even close to saying that all $59.99 games are AAA titles and you should definitely have done your research before wasting your money on that game that got horrible reviews....it sucks that it "costed" him that much but again my point was not that....I am saying the games that can possibly be great or amazing are usually sold at the $59.99 price point at release.... So after all this, how many of you people actually believe Wet or Rogue Warrior will be a AAA title? Have you guys not noticed that most if not 99% of games released at the $49.99 price point usually get horrible reviews? (with very very few exceptions)

You obviously didn't scroll up to see the evidence I showed you that the price you listed is a GameStop exclusive price. They are lowering the price as a bonus for Pre-ordering it from them. It is not a universal price since Walmart, a major retailer, is still selling it for the full price point. Game is probably still MSRP'ed at 59.99 meaning the developer still thinks it's worth full price. This is just a gimmick by GameStop to confuse people like you, just you went the wrong way with it.
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deadly_shuriken

[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"][QUOTE="mattg90520"] first of all, youre the one whining about price points. quality games are NOT defined by their price point. look at RE4 on wii. great game, came out at 30 bucks. or orange box - 5 great, quality games which currently sells for 20 bucks. once you get your head out of the dirt, you would see that games quality are not based upon their price. i agree. you are the kind of person who keeps EA, Activision, all the big, greedy, only concerned with quantity not quality type studios afloat. the game being a sleeper hit isnt guaranteed. a sleeper hit is usually the kind of game nobody really knows about. word of mouth isnt enough. a move like this would greatly improve saleswiifreak93

You talk about Wii game here...wrong forum and wrong topic... Orange box, "Currently" sells for 20....that was regarded as the deal of the century by many....so thats a great exception...and im not talking about "Current" prices but Retail prices on RELEASE DAY...get that through your thick head... And yes....its a known fact that the ceiling price for regular games is $59.99 and has been so ever since the 360 came out...you wont change that fact no matter how much you cry...so again, any game selling for under $59.99 at release day will NOT BE AAA quality Try harder next time

Your saying we can't talk about wii games but as i recall you said "Any" games under 59 dollars.

We are in a 360 forum talking about 360 games arent we? That only seems obvious to me
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deadly_shuriken

I ain't the one who bought the game so not my prob really, + 69,99$ is the regular price for game lately. Like star ocean which costed me in total 74$. 69,99$ here = 59,99$ for the US. Anyway AAA or not Wet surely worth a renting.

archvile_78
Again do your research before dropping your cash...if you buy games because "their cheaper" and you want to support that whole "movement" of cheaper games...then you will be out of $50 and have a crappy game in front of you... might be worth a rental, at least that wont cost much
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CNUrGames

Again do your research before dropping your cash...if you buy games because "their cheaper" and you want to support that whole "movement" of cheaper games...then you will be out of $50 and have a crappy game in front of you... might be worth a rental, at least that wont cost much

I love how you keep telling people to do their research but you didn't do yours before you started talking about things.
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deadly_shuriken

Its kinda pointless arguing, TC is a total idiot, after all he judge the game before its out JUST BECAUSE its 49,99$ so, not a AAA titles. I remember when my brother bought Legend of Wrestlemania on day 1, it costed 69,99$ and it got a 5/10 i think so its FAR from being a AAA title. What about try, i don't know, renting it first?

CNUrGames
lmao you are an idiot my friend....your brother is an idiot as well...Im not even close to saying that all $59.99 games are AAA titles and you should definitely have done your research before wasting your money on that game that got horrible reviews....it sucks that it "costed" him that much but again my point was not that....I am saying the games that can possibly be great or amazing are usually sold at the $59.99 price point at release.... So after all this, how many of you people actually believe Wet or Rogue Warrior will be a AAA title? Have you guys not noticed that most if not 99% of games released at the $49.99 price point usually get horrible reviews? (with very very few exceptions)

You obviously didn't scroll up to see the evidence I showed you that the price you listed is a GameStop exclusive price. They are lowering the price as a bonus for Pre-ordering it from them. It is not a universal price since Walmart, a major retailer, is still selling it for the full price point. Game is probably still MSRP'ed at 59.99 meaning the developer still thinks it's worth full price. This is just a gimmick by GameStop to confuse people like you, just you went the wrong way with it.

Any game I can buy before its release at $49.99 from Gamestop, even if its a deal, means bad news Just wait and see...and if you would like, i can point out MANY games that have came out recently at the $49.99 or $39.99 that were HORRIBLE
xbx4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xbx4ever
Member since 2003 • 479 Posts

Then don't buy them, stupid thread, time to close.

deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deadly_shuriken

CNUrGames

I love how you keep telling people to do their research but you didn't do yours before you started talking about things.

Again preorder deal or not, the point is that you can buy the game from Gamestop for $49.99, it wont be a AAA title