God forbid microsoft announce a new console!!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rick1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rick1990
Member since 2005 • 45 Posts

Im sick of hearing people complain about microsoft if they announce a new console soon. which will most likely be happening with all these rumors about it atm. Why do i hear in so many comments its to early or i just got the slim. Do you guys not want a new console with better graphics and capabilities. The 360 is outdated and old graphics are strggling massively. you wouldnt have a 6 yr old phone would you? And its not like consoles are expensive its so easy to afford 600 bucks or what ever. What do u guys think time for a new console or do you think its to early?

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
New console....
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts

No, I don't want a new console... Btw, I have like a 7 years old phone..

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

New games. Good games.

That's all I ask.

And I don't want a new console cause I don't want to see how good looking games are out of my reach while I wait to see if MS next console is reliable or a time bomb waiting to spit the 4rrod at you.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

Im sick of hearing people complain about microsoft if they announce a new console soon. which will most likely be happening with all these rumors about it atm. Why do i hear in so many comments its to early or i just got the slim. Do you guys not want a new console with better graphics and capabilities. The 360 is outdated and old graphics are strggling massively. you wouldnt have a 6 yr old phone would you? And its not like consoles are expensive its so easy to afford 600 bucks or what ever. What do u guys think time for a new console or do you think its to early?

rick1990
A lot of people don't want a new console yet, because gaming is expensive. And Microsoft didn't make it any easier on our wallets with a console that failed on everyone so often. Most people with a 360 had to replace it within 3 years; I had purchased another one almost 2 years ago when my first 360 had the RROD, and I want it to last as long as it can, otherwise it would feel like I wasted my money. Many people have come to a point where they realize that graphics are good enough. Sure there is room for improvement, but the consoles are at a stage where developers can do whatever they imagine. Physics are very realistic, and some games look very realistic. I, personally, enjoy seeing new tech and graphics being pushed further. However, many people are starting to care less.Also, what do you mean when you say the 360 graphics are struggling massively? Current games still look great to me. I hope you're not suggesting that MS release the next console for $600.00... Sony tried that, and we all know how that turned out. I wouldn't buy a console for that much money... not because I can't afford it, but because it wouldn't be worth its' value. (unless it does other things than play games and movies)
Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

rick1990
Of course dude 600 bucks is nothing -_______-
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

I'm fine with the current console. So long as the games are good I don't see the need to move on just yet.

rick1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rick1990

compared to a computer or laptop where u would be paying 1000 its nothing

ThePhrilz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ThePhrilz
Member since 2011 • 121 Posts
[QUOTE="rick1990"]

Captain_SOAP_
Of course dude 600 bucks is nothing -_______-

He's most likely a teenager that never worked a day in his life so he has no idea how hard most people work for their money. Im only 16 and I work on a farm, I work around 8 hour days, 7 days a week and make well over 400 $ a week. Trust me TC, 600 isn't that easy to afford...
rick1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rick1990

sonys ps3 is doing very well atm has amazing games has been selling alot better and has a great blu ray player. I enjoy my ps3 alot and my 360 slim. But developers are still very limited with what they can do u always read about it and i really dont know how 600 bucks isnt value for your money. 600 bucks is nothing for a new console especially if you compare it to a gaming computer. if i bought a console for 600 bucks and it was around for 6yrs ur really only paying a 100bucks a yr and to me thats nothing when you have hrs and hrs of fun playing it

King-Bart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 King-Bart
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts

My quick thought on the matter is that Microsoft is going to have a Kinect peripheral come out with their new console. They won't reuse the current kinect, so the time it will take them to develop "the kinect 2.0" is going to factor in some time before they can release a new console. Your safe for a couple more years at least.

rick1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rick1990

u say that asif its a good thing and kinect has been extremely succesful already sold over 10 million units

ArianZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArianZero
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts
There is a new version of the 360 250 GB being released only in the matt finish. So the glossy one's on the shelf are the last of the glossy consoles.
BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

i'm cool with the 360 lasting another 3 years. in other words, don't release another one till i'm finally done being a poor college student

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lost_cheeto
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

I dont care if they release a new console or not. I am hoping they are not going to go full tilt with the same crap as the wii. Some of us dont want to be flinging their arms around punching the air. I just want to sit and play. if they do go full on like what the wii has done i will switch to pc gaming

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 a55a55inx

sonys ps3 is doing very well atm has amazing games has been selling alot better and has a great blu ray player. I enjoy my ps3 alot and my 360 slim. But developers are still very limited with what they can do u always read about it and i really dont know how 600 bucks isnt value for your money. 600 bucks is nothing for a new console especially if you compare it to a gaming computer. if i bought a console for 600 bucks and it was around for 6yrs ur really only paying a 100bucks a yr and to me thats nothing when you have hrs and hrs of fun playing it

rick1990
Of course developers are limited, they're ALWAYS going to be limited to what they can do,(even PC Gaming is limited) Sure, Sony is doing well NOW, but when they first released the console, they suffered for a while. That's why they quickly redesigned the console and cut a lot of the features so that it could be more affordable. A console that just plays games and movies isn't worth $600.00 to me (as well as many other people) Experiencing new games isn't worth THAT much to me, especially when I have to pay rent, phone bills, school loans etc. And you can't compare it to a gaming computer, because a computer allows you to do sooo much more than just play games, so its' value is justified. Also, $100 a year? Don't forget that you have to purchase games, controllers, XBL subscriptions etc... and it's possible that the console may fail on you before 6 years. So, depending on how often you purchase games, you may actually be spending $200-$300 a year... and that's "IF" the console actually lasts 6 years. Just trust me, charging $600.00 for a console is a big mistake. It just doesn't make financial sense for many people.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

rick1990

thinking that everyone has a few hundred dollars stashed away for new consoles is quite insensitive to be honest

rick1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rick1990

even if it is 200-300 a yr thats still nothing im almost paying 80bucks a month so i can use my phone it annoys me how ppl **** so much about console prices when they are cheap when i had bought my pc a few yrs back it set me 2500 dollars back. i really dont understand why everyone has to be so cheap understandble if ur 14-15 but not as a 18 plus yr old

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts

Meh. I wouldn't see any reason to buy one. Unless they release a console that has some great exclusives...real exclusives and not also on the PC, and that aren't named Halo or

Gears of War. I see no reason to get another xbox. As I'm getting better with this keyboard and mouse....cyuh console.

But yeh the TC is crazy if he thinks 600$ just comes up so easy.

ImKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ImKetchup
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
,,your topic title makes no sense at all. The phrase "God forbid" implies you don't want it to happen. You clearly want it to happen so you were looking for "god's sakes."
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
[QUOTE="ImKetchup"],,your topic title makes no sense at all. The phrase "God forbid" implies you don't want it to happen. You clearly want it to happen so you were looking for "god's sakes."

He was making a play like we said it because we think its a bad thing..
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts

Not for at least another year. They held back another console gen due to the global economic state.

King-Bart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 King-Bart
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts

u say that asif its a good thing and kinect has been extremely succesful already sold over 10 million units

rick1990

Hey, Microsoft will not let kinect go because its there foot in the door to motion gameing and casual gamers. The kinect has been responsible for a lot more console sales. Thats a fact. Hell I'm even thinking of buying a Kinect. I was only implying that they will develop a new kinect device to go with thier next console without a doubt, and thats going to take some time. I mean, come on, the kinect just came out a year ago, if even, and they were trying very hard to sell it to the hardcore gamer audience during this year's E3 Microsoft Press Conference. Even on top of that they said a long time ago they won't release a new console until after Sony. My point was we don't have to worry about a new console for a while.

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 a55a55inx

even if it is 200-300 a yr thats still nothing im almost paying 80bucks a month so i can use my phone it annoys me how ppl **** so much about console prices when they are cheap when i had bought my pc a few yrs back it set me 2500 dollars back. i really dont understand why everyone has to be so cheap understandble if ur 14-15 but not as a 18 plus yr old

rick1990
Are you assuming that people are cheap because they don't want to spend a certain amount of money on something that they do not deem wise? Gaming is a hobby for most people, and for many of those people, spending a certain amount on a hobby isn't always a bright decision. Sure, when you compare it to an expensive PC, of course it's going to look cheap; but again, does the value of the console meet $600.00? For a majority of the people, it doesn't. You can make a decent PC with $600.00, and it will do a lot more than just play games. Let me put it another way; everyone can afford to pay $15.00, but what if I were to put that price tag on a single bottle of water? I can easily claim that $15.00 is cheap, and that when you compare it to a glass of champagne at a fancy restaurant $15.00 is not much at all. But is $15.00 for a bottle of water worth its' value? Not at all, therefore, many people will complain about the price.
rick1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rick1990

thank you warablo exactly what i was gonna say lol

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Title is misleading.

And no I don't want another console right now. There are still some impressive games to debute, I don't understand whats wrong with current tech?

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
The Xbox needs EXCLUSIVES, not a new console.
allboutkiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 allboutkiln
Member since 2010 • 508 Posts

No, i don't need a new console, i need brilliant minds to create fantastic games.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Coupl'a things: 1. I make better than 500/wk and I'm always hesitant to spend more than 200.00 at one time unless it's groceries. A 600.00 console? You can keep it. 2. To the person who was talking about "real" exclusives not on PC: good luck there, Microsoft makes Windows- the most widely used operating system on the planet- of course any games by MS Game Studios (or any other 360 console exclusive) are going to come out for Windows. And really, is it that big a deal? 3. The longer it takes to release a new console, the better the hardware you'll find inside it. Why not give it a couple of years? Why not wait until the Xbox 360 begins to flag before rejuvinating the brand with a new console? What's wrong with holding on to what you've got, rather than running out to spend your money on the fabled Next Big Thing?
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
I'm happy with the consoles we have now, I think there's still much to be squeezed out of this generation of hardware.
myrepose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 myrepose
Member since 2010 • 105 Posts
In the current economic climate, launching a new console would be very risky! New hardware will have to wait for a while. People are not buying stuff, because we are all scared the sky is falling!!!!! It probably is!
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

GOD FORBID people like you dont stop posting this same f****ng question every other day on this board "xbox 720" "new xbox name" man its so annoying

and no i dont want a new one next year or the year after since i just dropped $300 for the new one last year and not to mention battlefield 3, skyrim, masseffect 3, ect so NO NO NO NO NO NO NO is that enough ? NO

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

rick1990

You must have a very, very well paying job to be able to keep throwing money around for gaming PC's and new gaming consoles. It really is insensitive to think that every "18 plus yr old"has 600 bucks to cough up for a new console. Living expenses, loans, bills... BILLS! It's incredible I find time to game at all with college and work, and even more incredible to think that I'm actually making ends meet. 2500 bucks for a gaming PC? Cool. Your money, your decision. But stop telling me I'm cheap when I have to work my butt off for every penny, and that usually goes towards, ya know, life and school. We're not all as fortunate to be as ( what it seems like anyway) loaded as you. Seriously. I'm not cheap. It's my money. Quit insulting people.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#34 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

you wouldnt have a 6 yr old phone would you?

....Uhhhh yes. Phones are for calling and texting people. I see no use for pointless features, what am I going to do surf the internet while driving or at work? Especially not when I am going to pay a monthly fee at a much much greater cost to do what my PC can do better. That said, the current consoles have been outdated compared to PCs since launch and I am tired of them holding back what games can do. I want an update to match current PCs as soon as possible from all companies.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Legolas_Katarn

You must have a very, very well paying job to be able to keep throwing money around for gaming PC's and new gaming consoles. It really is insensitive to think that every "18 plus yr old"has 600 bucks to cough up for a new console. Living expenses, loans, bills... BILLS! It's incredible I find time to game at all with college and work, and even more incredible to think that I'm actually making ends meet. 2500 bucks for a gaming PC? Cool.

You certainly don't need a very well paying job to afford a few $100 a year, especially if it is to fund your main/only hobby. There's also no real reason to ever spend 2,500 on a gaming PC. My friend just got one for just over 1,000 mostly for the 36' Monitor that can easily play all current games on their highest setting and should be able to do so for a long time. It sounds like he just likes to throw money away, but just because you aren't in a position to get new consoles is no reason to not want there to be new ones limiting the options of others. Of course, a new console every year or two like he is saying would be ridiculous and upgrading your PC that often would be pointless as well.

and no i dont want a new one next year or the year after since i just dropped $300 for the new one last year and not to mention battlefield 3, skyrim, masseffect 3, ect so NO NO NO NO NO NO NO is that enough ? NO

Not wanting technology to advance because you just bought a six year old console is selfish. It's not like the people who can afford it enjoying a new one is going to prevent you from enjoying what you have.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 El_Zo1212o
@Legolas: Technology will advance whether or not a new console is released. In fact, as I stated above, the longer the wait before the launch of a new console, the better the hardware when it arrives.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Legolas_Katarn

@Legolas: Technology will advance whether or not a new console is released. In fact, as I stated above, the longer the wait before the launch of a new console, the better the hardware when it arrives.El_Zo1212o

Of course PCs are proof enough of that (well hopefully the longer the wait the better the hardware, they can release something not up to date like the WiiU appears to be). What I mean is that the consoles are already running on old tech, and now when developers are making games with consoles in mind before PCs, the old consoles we have now are preventing us from moving on to using a lot of the technology we could be using. I'm not saying, like the other guy is, that I want consoles to come out like apple phone upgrades every year or every few months but 6-8 years is a long enough period for it to be time to bring out something new. And there is no reason for people who have other interest and hobbies to spend their money on or low income jobs to be against people who can afford it and who are willing to pay for their hobby from getting a new generation of consoles every 6-8 years.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Don't really care, current gen graphics are good enough for me. It's all about soft/firmware these days.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
One positive for the long generation is that developers are very comfortable with the technology so they can focus on making the best game possible....but yea I want a new console.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Legolas_Katarn
Don't really care, current gen graphics are good enough for me. It's all about soft/firmware these days.Overlord93
Graphics aren't the only thing that improve as technology improves. Better AI, bigger environments, the ability to put more into an environment be that people/building/items/events, animations, interaction with what is around you, Blu Ray increases what can fit on a disk.
Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
[QUOTE="Overlord93"]Don't really care, current gen graphics are good enough for me. It's all about soft/firmware these days.Legolas_Katarn
Graphics aren't the only thing that improve as technology improves. Better AI, bigger environments, the ability to put more into an environment be that people/building/items/events, animations, interaction with what is around you, Blu Ray increases what can fit on a disk.

True :x But It's safe to say that graphics are one of the main things that are going to improve between consoles. Along with environments etc.. Still, I think it's safe to say that when designing for a fixed hardware you can afford to not have to upgrade as much, and I'm happy with the complexity and visuals of current gen games.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
After 7 years my body would be ready for a new one. I'm waiting.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 El_Zo1212o
Sony talks about a ten year cycle for it's consoles. If Microsoft said they'd wait for Sony to make the next move in the console hardware arena(which I've read in one topic or another, I make no claims on the validity of that statement), I'd be okay with hanging onto my Xbox 360 for another five years or so. As a matter of fact, as long as we got an annual dashboard update, I'd be cool with not getting another home videogame console ever.
jordanforce23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jordanforce23
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

rick1990

Yea only rich people can say 600 bucks is nothing and 600 bucks is alot of money if you dont have it, a penny is alot of money if you dont have it. It will be a while before microsoft comes out with a new console and coming out with a new $600+ console in the recession that we are in now isn't a good strategy for any of the competitors (Nintendo,Microsoft and Xbox).

mr_zombie60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mr_zombie60
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts

OP lost any reliability the second he said he was set back 2500 on a pc... Even if you lived in australia that'd be overboard.. >.>

Obviously, from that little tidbit of info alone, we can all assume you have way too much money on your hands, and you're a fiscally irresponsible boy.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I still have lots of years on mine.

Don't really need a new console.

Cat_Feeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Cat_Feeler
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
there should be a new console games will be better especially sandbox games i want a next gen crackdown
JeanAlex22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JeanAlex22
Member since 2011 • 307 Posts

Even if a new console would come out tomorrow I'm not buying it right there and then . . . Why? because surely it has little to no games yet, it's going to be at the peak of its price and design defects are yet to be revealed, RROD anyone??? The only reason why someone would wanna buy a console at launch day is almost purely just to show off . . .

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Nintendo can suck my.... The Wii U will fail just like the 3DS, no new console for me, I like my xbox just the way it is right now, I just need more games, good and entertaining ones