GEARS still stand as best mp game?

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chaos12290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Chaos12290
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

Gears MP was absolutely horrible, the host advantage makes makes the MP pointless. CoD4 doesn't have bad MP but it falls way short of the bar that Halo 3 set.

Ignignokt104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Ignignokt104
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
In my opinion, Gears was never the best multiplayer game. Sorry.
BelagioBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 BelagioBob
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts
I read your post (topic starter), and I said to myself, "He hasn't played COD4, Halo 3, Vegas, or much of anything else." When you can compare the games in a research paper let me know, and I'll read it and see for myself.
quesadia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 quesadia
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
wow soulsmasher, where have you been? I bet that island of gears players is cold and loney. Halo 3 the best as of now although many disagree and say cod 4 is best, there is alot of B.S. in both games i would take B.S. in halo 3 over cod4
SorasGhost009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 SorasGhost009
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
yes/gears is great
HIDDENin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 HIDDENin
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts
Gears was all I played for many months, but I rarely touch it anymore. With that being said, I do believe that it is one of the best mp experiences for the 360 but several issues kept it from reaching its full potential.
moobusta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 moobusta
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts
The online in Gears is not very good. The LAG and the GLITCHES had me pulling my hair out.
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
Gears is great, but halo 3 and cod4 are better, simple as that, they're all very enjoyable either way still
Avatar image for HeroxOfxThexDay
HeroxOfxThexDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HeroxOfxThexDay
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

my problem with halo was the maps werent fun

the most ive ever played a Multiplayer game was gears

it was great until everone started glitching and getting amaizing at it

cruxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cruxe
Member since 2005 • 689 Posts

LOL! gears best online MP game :P dream on son.

1. COD4
2. Vegas

(Have not played orange box online but im guessing it would be good)

quesadia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 quesadia
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
agreed, I WANT BG/CO-AG back.
kylekatarn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kylekatarn08
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
Probly not, but imo it is. its really I tie for me though between gears and halo 3, I hate when people try to say one is better than the other, cause imo there two completly different games, Halo 3 is a run and gun fast paced fps where you can go off by yourself and stillsurvive. While Gears is a more team based strategy oriented game where you normally get killed when you go off by yourself and there both fantastic games in there own right. I love em both:D
kylekatarn08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kylekatarn08
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
Probly not, but imo it is. its really I tie for me though between gears and halo 3, I hate when people try to say one is better than the other, cause imo there two completly different games, Halo 3 is a run and gun fast paced fps where you can go off by yourself and stillsurvive. While Gears is a more team based strategy oriented game where you normally get killed when you go off by yourself and there both fantastic games in there own right. I love em both:D
noobslaya1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 noobslaya1993
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
to me gears had a long run as the best mp....but then halo 3 came i myself thinking it would kick @$$ but it was just one big embarrassment...then i got Cod4 n it just kicked gears @$$ right outta the spot for best mp.....to me i'd but cod4 1st gears second n who rly gives a @$%* about halo 3?
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
I never liked playin gears MP
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#66 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

COD3, GRAW2, Halo3, Team Fortress 2, Vegas

All better then gears online.

I loved the gears singleplayer and the online is OK, but not that great and very overrated IMO.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts
Call of Duty 4 pwns both of them...MajorSport
QFT
Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts

Gears MP was absolutely horrible, the host advantage makes makes the MP pointless. CoD4 doesn't have bad MP but it falls way short of the bar that Halo 3 set.

Chaos12290
MMMk and what bar was that.
Avatar image for illiswillis1984
illiswillis1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 illiswillis1984
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Hell yeah Gears is the best. I bought COD4 first day it came out and stopped playing the multiplayer a week or two after come on you gotta level up to get weapons!!!! Not to mention you have guys hiding in one spot or room waiting for somebody to walk by and shoots them if you could get the perspective given by Gears or even Rainbow 6 it would be the best. As far as Halo come on jumping 15 feet in the air where's the realism where's the feel that you are at war?!?!? While host advantageand glitches suck hot sweaty monkey balls its still a visceral experience unrivaled by no other game seeing your characters head pop off, legs fly off, or get sawed in half is kinda of scary my heart races everytime I play. And as far as lag there's lag in every game I've lagged in COD4 as well as Madden as long as slow internet is out there lag will exist. GEARS OF WAR is the only game you need everything else is just worth a rental!!!!

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
cod4 ftw
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#72 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

GEARS OF WAR is the only game you need everything else is just worth a rental!!!!

illiswillis1984

hahaha, you have got to be kidding me

jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#73 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
Gears multiplayer was never the best. Ever. Did you notice how Halo 3 has a ranking system, a skill system, and the ability for you to fluidly form teams with your friends or on the fly? Where are all those options in Gears? If Gears had had half of the multiplayer system that Halo does, it might have been at the top... IMO it failed big time.
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
lol definately not halo 3 dethrowned it the minute it came out.
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Probably COD 4.
Tylerdurdn71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Tylerdurdn71
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts
gears of war isnt the best multiplayer but definitely one of the best single player and best co-op
Avatar image for SentryGunner411
SentryGunner411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SentryGunner411
Member since 2007 • 1047 Posts

ive played halo 3 and still think the mp on gears of war is better.

is gears still the best mp game?

soulsmasher93

Gears of War is more fun, but it does not make up for it having a broken multiplayer game.

Epic should be ashamed for releasing a half working game.

If you can't play Ranked matches with friends, then the game is broken.

Also Gears of War has more glitches than Halo 2. Epic needs to test crap before release.

-

As for Halo 3? The multiplayer variants and maps are terrible. Bungie did well with Halo 2, but did the exact opposite with Halo 3. Made the game into a T Rated game and robbed it of any quality. Halo 3 is the worst game I have ever played. I would rather play Perfect Dark over Halo 3. That's saying alot.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Besides the obvious lag, glitches, host advantages the reason why GeoW MP is terrible not bad terrible is the people who play it. I can't go on there without listening to some elitist 10 year old scream and cry about how his team sucks, someones cheating, or how he was doing so much better last game. And the fact a new player can't just pick up and play because there is no attempt what soever at matchamaking. The system allows people who are playing for the first time to play wiht someone who has put the time in to get all 1250 acheivements. Thats not right at all.
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts

Hell yeah Gears is the best. I bought COD4 first day it came out and stopped playing the multiplayer a week or two after come on you gotta level up to get weapons!!!! Not to mention you have guys hiding in one spot or room waiting for somebody to walk by and shoots them if you could get the perspective given by Gears or even Rainbow 6 it would be the best. As far as Halo come on jumping 15 feet in the air where's the realism where's the feel that you are at war?!?!? While host advantageand glitches suck hot sweaty monkey balls its still a visceral experience unrivaled by no other game seeing your characters head pop off, legs fly off, or get sawed in half is kinda of scary my heart races everytime I play. And as far as lag there's lag in every game I've lagged in COD4 as well as Madden as long as slow internet is out there lag will exist.GEARS OF WAR is the only game you need everything else is just worth a rental!!!!

illiswillis1984

sigged

slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
cod4 mp pwns hard
SirCokerThe1st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SirCokerThe1st
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
no, it was fun for a time. now we can just wait for the 2nd one.
Oni_Ookami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82 Oni_Ookami
Member since 2005 • 2765 Posts

I think COD4 is the best MP game on the 360 atm.

elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts
then you havent played cod 4.
Sn0wOn420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Sn0wOn420
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts

Gears is the best multiplayer ive ever played, but the host advantage just really sucks.Shmiity

maybe you should host games then and stop crying , or maybe you arent good enough to take care of the host right

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
I still think Gears is the best but I still havent played COD4 although I did play the beta. Poeple should stop complaining about host advantage and be good enough to kill the host, you can actually kill the host if your good enough...
Sydwynder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Sydwynder
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts
I'm sorry but Gears as the best multiplayer game? Are you joking? Halo 3 kills it easily. The Gears mp is brutal, I played it for about a week, got sick of the inconsistency and never went back. I have yet to play COD 4, but even the beta was better than Gears. RB6 Vegas, Halo 3 and even Orange Box (though not perfect) are way better.
BigDaveyDogz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 BigDaveyDogz
Member since 2003 • 1815 Posts

I love Gears to death and I have RB6: V, Halo 3, & COD4 & getting the Orange Box for Christmas. Right now COD4 is owning my multiplayer time...but I still go back to Gears almost everyday and play some ranked games. I just can't get enough of it.

Now, after playing games like Halo 3 & COD4...I say to myself that if Gears 2 can make their multiplayer options similar to these games it may just take over my entire life. Gears needs to get rid of host advantage, bullet lag and it screams for a party system.

But to say that its multiplayer is garbage is just being ignorant. It still is in my top 5 favorite games on the 360 right now and possibly my personal favorite game of all time.

This thread just screamed for all the haters, trolls & blind Halo fanboys to come out of the woodworks. Don't get me wrong, I love Halo and Rainbow 6 and Call of Duty...I love my 360 I love being a gamer, but I'm no fanboy.

Sn0wOn420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Sn0wOn420

Hell yeah Gears is the best. I bought COD4 first day it came out and stopped playing the multiplayer a week or two after come on you gotta level up to get weapons!!!! Not to mention you have guys hiding in one spot or room waiting for somebody to walk by and shoots them if you could get the perspective given by Gears or even Rainbow 6 it would be the best. As far as Halo come on jumping 15 feet in the air where's the realism where's the feel that you are at war?!?!? While host advantageand glitches suck hot sweaty monkey balls its still a visceral experience unrivaled by no other game seeing your characters head pop off, legs fly off, or get sawed in half is kinda of scary my heart races everytime I play. And as far as lag there's lag in every game I've lagged in COD4 as well as Madden as long as slow internet is out there lag will exist. GEARS OF WAR is the only game you need everything else is just worth a rental!!!!

illiswillis1984

I Agree with you 100% dude

Sn0wOn420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Sn0wOn420

GOW has never been and never will be the best mp game. COD2, COD4 and even Halo3 kill GOW in every aspect.FunkyHeadHunter

what the hell are you smoking dawg

arroliga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 arroliga
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

ive played halo 3 and still think the mp on gears of war is better.

is gears still the best mp game?

soulsmasher93

Dude, with all due respect, GoW's multiplayer was as skeletal as you can get on current gen. Not a knock on GoW since it wasnt meant to be a MP-centric game but you can't compare COD4 or Halo's MPto GoW's. IMO, COD4's MP is the finest I've seen yet. Halo 3 mp would be a close 2nd.

Sn0wOn420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Sn0wOn420

I'm sorry but Gears as the best multiplayer game? Are you joking? Halo 3 kills it easily. The Gears mp is brutal, I played it for about a week, got sick of the inconsistency and never went back. I have yet to play COD 4, but even the beta was better than Gears. RB6 Vegas, Halo 3 and even Orange Box (though not perfect) are way better.Sydwynder

Dude you played it for a week? after a week i didnt even know how to "shoot a shotgun" thing before you say something

connor1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 connor1989
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts

illiswillis1984

hahahahaahha i love the comment about having to unlock weapons!....the hole idea is to make u play more because u want the weapons so u play to get them, pretty perfect idea if u ask me! smart of the makers to do because it keeps ppl playing.....well except for u because gears is the only game that exists in ur lil worldLOL

"OMG I ACTUALLY HAVE TO COMPLETE THIS LEVEL BEFORE I CAN GO ONTO THE NEXT ONE" lol

BigDaveyDogz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BigDaveyDogz
Member since 2003 • 1815 Posts
I see Gears of Wars multiplayer as a newcommer to XBL's system ...it was really the first true next-gen game to come out for any console. So now all we can hope is that Epic learns from its competition and their past expierience from the first Gears and brings us something truly outstanding in their next installment on the multiplayer front. I have no worries about the singleplayer/co-op expierience because it certainly delievered in my opinion.
creekfan_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 creekfan_basic
Member since 2002 • 2539 Posts

never figured out what was so great about MP gears...thought it was horrible...

Halo has been my favorite for awhile now, but COD4 is the best MP I have played ever

noobslaya1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 noobslaya1993
cod4 is the best mp 4 any system....n halo 3 sucks big balls!
noobslaya1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 noobslaya1993
cod4 is the best mp 4 any system....n halo 3 $uck$ b@ll$!
soulsmasher93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 soulsmasher93
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts
i havent played cod 4 but i love gow and doubt i will like it any better
SolidKeevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#98 SolidKeevo
Member since 2004 • 2092 Posts
CoD4 > Team Fortress 2 >Halo 3>CoD2 > CoD3 > Gears of War.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

I didn't like GeOW online at all.MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN

Same here.

IMO, Halo 3, COD4, & Rainbow Six Vegas have the best online multiplayer.

xRmRxfreakBOMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#100 xRmRxfreakBOMB
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts
Gears FTW!!!!!!!