Gears of War 2: Multiplayer= Horrible!

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

I never thought I'd say it but Gears 2 on-line multi player is the worst ever! Gears 1 is way better! who ever heard of exploding after being meeled? Just plain dumb. My favorite map was canals. They took the awesome water graphics out and replaced it with snow. Very disapointed!! Horde mode is all I'll play from now on. On my way back to Gears 1 multi.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
Well I love it.
dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
I don't think either 1 or 2 is very good. I think the whole style is just clunky, unnatural, and full of way too many bugs/rough edges, not suited for competitive online gameplay. Horde mode however is a lot of fun.
ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

I never thought I'd say it but Gears 2 on-line multi player is the worst ever! Gears 1 is way better! who ever heard of exploding after being meeled? Just plain dumb. My favorite map was canals. They took the awesome water graphics out and replaced it with snow. Very disapointed!! Horde mode is all I'll play from now on. On my way back to Gears 1 multi.

Patriot298
i agree gears 1 online is alot better than gears 2, wats with the matchmaking and voting for maps? i dont like that in a gears game it dont feel right
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#5 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
Yeah, gears 1 was much better. I love how people whine about the GoW 1 shotgun and now say it's fixed. Shotguns are dangerous, anyone who goes close range against a shotgunner deserved to be bodied.
Avatar image for Un4givingAsault
Un4givingAsault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Un4givingAsault
Member since 2008 • 1053 Posts
I enjoy it, but there are things that need to be fixed. Epic tried to evolve their mulitplayer which i like to see, where are COD just stuck with the same old forumla, they didn't attempt to make it any better or worse. What should be taken into consideration is that Gears of War 1's online had the same issues until about 6 months after launch. Hopefully epic will have some updates which will resolve the issues before the end of january.
Avatar image for GreenmonsterBLS
GreenmonsterBLS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreenmonsterBLS
Member since 2007 • 1031 Posts

I enjoy it, but there are things that need to be fixed. Epic tried to evolve their mulitplayer which i like to see, where are COD just stuck with the same old forumla, they didn't attempt to make it any better or worse. What should be taken into consideration is that Gears of War 1's online had the same issues until about 6 months after launch. Hopefully epic will have some updates which will resolve the issues before the end of january.Un4givingAsault

Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. COD has one of the best multiplayer modes out there, why mess with success?

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
well, i like it
MastaP110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MastaP110
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts
I am unable to play because my xbox is being fixed but I did play a little horde on my bros xbox and it is pretty intense. As far as the multiplayer goes, I only liked playing Gears 1 at LAN parties. I like talking trash to my friends after I curb stomp them. Dont get me wrong Gears is a great multiplayer game, it just doesnt match up well compared to a Counter Strike or a Halo
dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
matchmaking still takes waaaaay too long. thats unacceptable
iareconfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iareconfuse
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
Reason why people say the shotgun is OP'ed is because you HAVE to get in close to actually kill anything. When was the last time you got a long distance kill with a Lancer or a Hammerburst? I'm going to bet almost never, its incredibly rare, especially if you're starting to shoot them while they're at full health. Only plausible ways of killing someone in Gears multiplayer is with the shotgun up close, or the chainsaw, which are the two most common ways of dying that I have observed thus far. Another thing I absolutely hate about the multiplayer is your inability to choose the map you want to play... And who thought it would be a good idea to NOT let the player leave in the middle of a game? If someone was going to leave, they'd do it anyways by just pressing the Xbox button and exiting to the DB. Theres a whole bunch of other gripes I've got with the game that are just annoying.
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts
as much as i love the gears series the multiplayer really should have had a beta test. Sounds like they where too arrogant to do anything about it because they knew they could still rake in the money in whatever form the multiplayer was in. Their success is getting to their heads
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
other than the lag, weak shotgun and stupid chainsaw lancer; its great :P
bs0ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bs0ng
Member since 2005 • 209 Posts
matchmaking still takes waaaaay too long. thats unacceptabledirtydishko2
QFT. I waited 15 minutes for a matchup to start once and it just kept repeating finding players, dropping players, preparing to set up match, finding players, dropping players, etc.
white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Agreed, except horde I feel I'm done with the multiplayer. Back to Rainbow Six: Vegas.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
I personally think it's pretty fun and a lot better than that of Gears 1, but the reason why I "hate" it is because of the horrible matchmaking system and lag. Because of my crappy 512kbps connection, and where I live (Kuwait, in an area with outdated Internet cables running through the ground), it's virtually impossible to find a match in any game mode. When I do, which usually takes a minimum of the better half of 10 minutes, the game is so laggy that I can't have fun playing and it's just too frustrating to play. When I play really late at night/early in the morning, it's a bit easier to find matches, but the lag is still an issue, even when my Internet is at full potential (no other device is using the Internet). I honestly thought the matchmaking system would be nice and fast but it really isn't; big disappointment. So yeah, in a sense, the Gears 1 multiplayer is superior. I mean it is laggy just like Gears 2, but at least I can find matches much more easily, and the lag isn't always as bad.
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

i loved multi in gears 1 (aside from host advantage).

what i dont understand is the first game lagged with 8 people, and they added 2 more without fixing the problem? wtf? and even if it didnt lag 10 people is too many on deathmatch. the first one felt a lot more tactical. you could ambush the other team, or sneak around and flank them. even adding just one person to each team you cant sneak or hide cuz theres people everywhere.

i like the new gametypes and they work just fine with 10 people. although there shouldnt be grenades on koth. or at least make them take longer to respawn. one well placed grenade can kill an entire team in the hill, and you get two every minute or so. same with boomshot on submission. a couple shots can wipe out all the people protecting the guy with the 'flag'.

of course it doesnt really matter since the game is practically unplayable between the glitches and lag.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I think gears2 online is pretty good. Definatly WAY better then gears1 online. HORDE mode alone is reason for Gears 2>> Gears 1 imo, plus it takes mroe skill now then it did in gears2 to get kills.

The shotgun isnt ridicolously over-powered anymore, which is awesome im.

gears 2 is better then gears1 online in every way possible imo, people just need to relize it takes some getting use to and its more realistic/harder to get kills.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#19 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Yeah, gears 1 was much better. I love how people whine about the GoW 1 shotgun and now say it's fixed. Shotguns are dangerous, anyone who goes close range against a shotgunner deserved to be bodied. RebornInFlames

In gears 1 you could take people out from pretty far away with the shotgun, the most overpowered shotgun ive ever seen a videogame. I would like the power of the shotgun to be somewhere in between gears1 and gears 2, and that would be perfect imo.Gears 2 isnt JUST about getting noob shotgun kills every single game.

wavey_gravey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 wavey_gravey
Member since 2007 • 11155 Posts
I don't think it is horrible, but I am a left a little disappointed by it. It takes ages to get in to a public match and then is invariably laggy for me (I am in the UK) unless I am lucky enough to play with a totally UK based player list. I think that the "Private" matches are annoying in that you can't just search a match like you could search a player match on Gears 1 and I don;t like how you have to keep coming back to the lobby after each game - WHY CAN'T YOU CYCLE MAPS????
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
Wrong. It's working much better. Horde is brilliant in every way and I can actually get kills in Versus MP due to the lack of ridiculous lag. No, I'm not a chainsawing nub.
Acid_Spitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Acid_Spitz
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I actually like it a lot. I wasn't a big fan of the first, I played it but not often. I love the new updates they put in with the stickies on the wall and all. Horde mode rules! I could play it all night! The only bad thing is sometimes it takes very long to get a match. =/
MsCortana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MsCortana
Member since 2007 • 10565 Posts

I've always felt that the game mechanics found in the Gears of War series simply did not fit the fast paced action you find in multiplayer games. In this particular game, the matchmaking process is seriously flawed not to mention the choices you have for game variants. The multiplayer is fun with friends every once in awhile but it definitely doesn't have any longevity...at least for me.

_Pinbot_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 _Pinbot_
Member since 2008 • 1062 Posts
Objection!
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
i actually enjoy it... :S
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
My responce is pretty much like everyone else's/ Takes too long to find a game, when it does find a game it's so laggy (I live in Jordan so more connection troubles). I am only playing Horde and Co-op.
midgetbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 midgetbob
Member since 2004 • 67 Posts
i like gears of war 2 - i've been playing it for awhile now trying to get all 1000 points from it. this is what i hate. WHY THE #$*^ DO WE HAVE TO VOTE WHAT WE WANT TO PLAY?????????? What is the reason behind this? I understand EPIC wants us to play more/longer, but come on.... if I want to play Guardian, let me play Guardian. Keep politics out of video games. Let us kill, maim, and rape without a lame voting system. EPIC FAIL
sk8erwarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 sk8erwarlock
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
I enjoy it, how everyone talks about finding matches, just get some friends together and the matchmaking will go much faster. I also like how they already have dlc and will proably be more supporting it soon :)
centruroides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 centruroides
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts
the same topic, same thing, all we already know that, and ppl still play it anyway, me included
Deltapixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Deltapixel
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
I love it... when I'm actually playing it.
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts
Well I love it.thisguy51
ditto much
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I don't think either 1 or 2 is very good. I think the whole style is just clunky, unnatural, and full of way too many bugs/rough edges, not suited for competitive online gameplay. Horde mode however is a lot of fun.dirtydishko2
I agree with this.
Teelee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Teelee8
Member since 2004 • 73 Posts

In this particular game, the matchmaking process is seriously flawed not to mention the choices you have for game variants.

MsCortana

Get 4 friends, make a party, have everyone vote on the same game type. Problems solved. Gears 2 > Gears 1.

qcmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 qcmatt
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts
gears of war 2 online is just boring and poor
Mr_Fordham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mr_Fordham
Member since 2006 • 164 Posts

Coming from someone who played Gears 1 almost daily until Gears 2. Matchmaking was the worst idea I've ever heard of as was making all matches ranked. You have to play 1 match, find a new match, repeat. And the ranking crap causes half the people to leave as soon as they have a bad KDR in one match. (BTW: to all those idiots who leave after a team wins the final round, it still counts you're just makin a fool out of yourself)

The shotgun is incredibly weak, now I realize the first one had a shotgun that was incredibly strong, but to make the shotgun the way it is now is just sad. It glitches about every 5th shot and either A. misfires or B. you aim and shoot and your character doesn't shoot until you smash the trigger 3 times. Now I admit, I am one of those who would prefer they bring the Gears1 shotgun back but I would be willing to accept the new one if they would just fix the damn thing. I still play the game online but, of course this is just my opinion, the matchmaking should be fixed or scratched for Gears1 format and they could fix everything else when they patch, hopefully soon. There are WAY to many annoying glitches in this game: shotgun misfiring, chainsaws walking through bullets without getting stunned, etc.

xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts

[QUOTE="Un4givingAsault"]I enjoy it, but there are things that need to be fixed. Epic tried to evolve their mulitplayer which i like to see, where are COD just stuck with the same old forumla, they didn't attempt to make it any better or worse. What should be taken into consideration is that Gears of War 1's online had the same issues until about 6 months after launch. Hopefully epic will have some updates which will resolve the issues before the end of january.GreenmonsterBLS

Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. COD has one of the best multiplayer modes out there, why mess with success?

That will exactly be their downfall. You're going to have to change sooner or later.
Xternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#40 Xternal
Member since 2005 • 530 Posts

At the end of the day i think it's down to personal opinion. My personal opinion is:

Gears of War 1 was too easy, and towards the end of the game people had mastered each glitch and shortcut on the game e.g. wallbouncing, crabwalking etc. I mean, you look on youtube and find those gears of war sniper montages, that's not what epic made it for, cheap little bounce-off-wall boom headshot crap. Anyone agree with me or am on my own thinking this?

Also:
It's about time gears of war got a bit more tactic to it and needed a bit more brainpower, any retard could have walked onto gears 1 and got a couple of kills, whereas this takes more thinking and you need to be more aware. Due to things like planting grenades on walls. Great idea. Also on gears 1, you'd have people running at you with their shotgun while you lancered them down, gears 1 was simply *game start, get shotgun, sprint* yet again it takes more thinking, if your gonna use a shotgun you gotta be sure, cos if you try rushing on gears 2, you get shot at and slowed down. I also think the re-decoration of maps is pretty good, i mean we needed a change. although i do think they should still have the option of a new one, i also think it is a bit lazy just adding a bit of graphic to an older template map. But still you can't take anything away from it, what an awesome game.

Willsi100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Willsi100
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

I have only played gears 1 online and I wasn't exactly impressed with that.

Don't plan on getting the second one with all the other good games out at the moment.

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
i think its fun....not the best by any means...but definitely a good time
MickeyTheNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MickeyTheNinja
Member since 2007 • 3824 Posts
Agreed. Thats why im trying to sell it and my friends are crying that I hate the game and dont wanna play with them.
Mikeronomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Mikeronomicon
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I don't think it's terrible, but it is horribly flawed. I'm hoping that Epic addresses the issues with GoW2's matchmaking to streamline it a bit more. I definately prefer it to Halo 3's multi-player, but that's mostly due to less teenage boys with single word insult vocabularies. Also the ablility to turn your enemies into meaty chunks will always have a special place in my hear. Here's to Epic and the hopes that they improve on an otherwise outstanding game.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Bigger, better, and more Bad More bad multiplayer.

2 Attempts...I guess this makes them 0 for 2?

jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts
Not horrible but I definately prefer Gears1. For the time I'm back to playing COD4.
XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#47 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts
I would have to say that the game in itself and horde are awesome. However ... I'm not up on that matchmaking thing. Sometimes it takes too stinking long just to get into a match and when the match is over it matchmaking time all over again. The best way to go is to have up to five friends in a group together looking for matches, it goes much smoother.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#49 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
people making topics saying Gears 2 online sucks need to just shut up already. there are about 20 of these threads already. now I'm staring to get pissed. just make a blog and shut up already. :P
neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
What gears of war 2 needs is a mode where your health doesnt automatically regen, or at least regens a lot slower. This would help make the game much more tactical. You'd see a lot less people doing crazy rush tactics, and you could actually kill people from far away with a lancer etc. Anyway id like that option.