*Gears of War 2 Idea Thread*

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yaljarani
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts

I would like to see better servers for online play, a defense to the bayonet (chainsaw), the saw can be controlled to cut different body parts, a longer campaign, and allow for bigger maps + 2 more players availableonline. Thoughts...

ImajinMyFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ImajinMyFX
Member since 2006 • 564 Posts
yeh .. i'd like 6 vs 6 ... when i played last night the lag was so bad that i would fire the boom and for some reason i would end up dying from it b/c it glitched me in front of the boom
yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yaljarani
Yeah, the lag kills the online. I would also like better animations in terms of the bayonet, it automatically makes you stand and get sawed in half when youre down. I have high hopes, seeing as amazon said its release is next winter.
darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts

Here's a snippet from a blog I wrote about Gears 2:

"...it's going to be great no matter what unless they totally screw over the system.The worst they can do, as I said, is just totally destroy the system with new content that ruins everything. To make it good, they're going to neednew content, characters,and story.

By new content, I mean guns. Especially guns with new concepts that could really change your thinking on how to deal with a certain situation. For instance, how would some kind of portable mortar/grenade launcher effect cover? You'd know you wouldn't be safe just hiding there and using attrition to wear the guy down. No, you'd have to keep moving and get in close where he's weaker.

I was also thinking about some kind of a harpoon gun. You load it in there and then you stick guys to walls. It'd make for an interesting mechanic if YOU were stuck toa wall. You would have to pull yourself out, but you'd be vulnerable to enemy fire. I was thinking that you would be able to fire your pistol while stuck, but you couldn't pull at the same time.

The other gun that I thought of would be what I would call the COG Carbine. It would take the Lancer's strengths and make them "weaknesses". For instance, the Lancer is very accurate and great at medium to long range with moderate firepower and it has a high magazine capacity. The Carbine would bevery inaccurate, great at closerange, havehigherfirepower, and have lower magazine capacity. It's wishful thinking further that the Carbine have achainsawon it, but if it would, I'd want it on theback of the gun for variety.

There would need to be story for Gears 2 to survive. Why notfill in the backstory better? Or why not add some character depth to Marcus Fenix? Ido believe thatthere would need to at least be new characters.I would want Dom and Baird to die and be replaced. Cole is an integral part of Gears and needs to live!"

snipeshot11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 snipeshot11
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts
Don't release the game, thiers an idea.
idill23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 idill23
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts
i want to see CTF game mode.
yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 yaljarani

I would also like some new online game types, rather than deathmatch every time; annex didnt cut it for me. Maybe somthing that is teambased on objectives, like CTF^. Some interactivity ofother enemies in matches like new monsters that attack spots at certain times, day and nightcycles, and bases with defensive attachments.

mmackura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 mmackura
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
id like to see them change how the camera shifts when you run.. i cant stand that
yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yaljarani
I think the running is alright, if you run you have a hard time telling whats around you than when you jog which is what is in the game. I agree though, it gets frusturating some time, maybe pan out a little.
SorasGhost009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 SorasGhost009
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
torque+sniper+chainsaw=sick hybrid
mmackura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 mmackura
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

torque+sniper+chainsaw=sick hybridSorasGhost009

=too easy

That would just be ridiculous.

yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yaljarani

Definitely^^^

yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yaljarani
The gameplay needs to be changed so the shotgun isnt everyones only weapon, who doesnt just pull it out and rush at the enemy.
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts

MP should include customizable CoGs/Locusts.. and they should add re-add the Morale Meter that they took out of Gears of War, but only include it during Insane.

For those who don't know the Morale Meter.. It was if you and your party of Gears were pinned down for too long on the same part your party would just start killing themselves, which made it even harder for the player.

cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
I think they should keep the gameplay mostly the same, my thoughts are more to do with the story side. I think Gears 2 should finish the story of the war with the Locust, and then Gears 3 should be like a prequel, that tells the story of the end of the human war, and E-Day. That would be awesome. Also, more guns.
hmproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hmproductions
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

Don't release the game, thiers an idea.snipeshot11

hahaha, i'm down with that idea.

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 X-7
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts

Here's a snippet from a blog I wrote about Gears 2:

"...it's going to be great no matter what unless they totally screw over the system.The worst they can do, as I said, is just totally destroy the system with new content that ruins everything. To make it good, they're going to neednew content, characters,and story.

By new content, I mean guns. Especially guns with new concepts that could really change your thinking on how to deal with a certain situation. For instance, how would some kind of portable mortar/grenade launcher effect cover? You'd know you wouldn't be safe just hiding there and using attrition to wear the guy down. No, you'd have to keep moving and get in close where he's weaker.

I was also thinking about some kind of a harpoon gun. You load it in there and then you stick guys to walls. It'd make for an interesting mechanic if YOU were stuck toa wall. You would have to pull yourself out, but you'd be vulnerable to enemy fire. I was thinking that you would be able to fire your pistol while stuck, but you couldn't pull at the same time.

The other gun that I thought of would be what I would call the COG Carbine. It would take the Lancer's strengths and make them "weaknesses". For instance, the Lancer is very accurate and great at medium to long range with moderate firepower and it has a high magazine capacity. The Carbine would bevery inaccurate, great at closerange, havehigherfirepower, and have lower magazine capacity. It's wishful thinking further that the Carbine have achainsawon it, but if it would, I'd want it on theback of the gun for variety.

There would need to be story for Gears 2 to survive. Why notfill in the backstory better? Or why not add some character depth to Marcus Fenix? Ido believe thatthere would need to at least be new characters.I would want Dom and Baird to die and be replaced. Cole is an integral part of Gears and needs to live!"

darthzew

I like the carbine idea. I think they should change the shotgun. Make it a more realistic shotgun. Not a shoot the foot and decapitate weapon. Another AR and a chaingun would be cool. Longer storyline and a little more about how the planet was destroyed.

Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kobewars87
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts

i love that whole idea about the harpoon that sticks you to walls but i always thought that the torque bow should have already done that with a proper shot. how about a less accurate version of the lancer that shoots grenades that stick to characters. i also would like to see customizable characters along with customizable weapons. Im not talking about duty 4 depth in weapon customization but more like if i dont want a chainsaw on my lancer and i want the grenade launcher i can choose that. if i want a sniper that shoots a singel but powerful shot or one that has multiple shots but are weaker. actually that doesnt sound to great, but if it were there it wouldnt hurt. i also would like it if A werent the action button for everything. If i want to sprint i should just have to push down on the left stick and my guy would break into a sprint, help with that whole sprinting and getting stuck on walls crap.

As far as single player goes, it would be sweet if more background was developed on our maincharacters along with some new ones, particularly a girl since my sister likes gears and she's always saying they should add a girl. Also i wouldnt want Gears 3 to be just a prequal, id like for part of the game to take place during the locust war and someo f it be a memory from either dom or marcus's perspective on E-day. My choice would be Marcus's cause i want to figure out how his father was killed by RAAM.

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
diff multiplayer options...andddddddddddddddd longer more innovative single player... oh and ill prolyl be the minority here... but they need to change that co-op where BOTH players need to stay alive... cuz yea... that crap gets very frustrating... hoepfully new weapons arent the only upgrades...
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 X-7

i love that whole idea about the harpoon that sticks you to walls but i always thought that the torque bow should have already done that with a proper shot. how about a less accurate version of the lancer that shoots grenades that stick to characters. i also would like to see customizable characters along with customizable weapons. Im not talking about duty 4 depth in weapon customization but more like if i dont want a chainsaw on my lancer and i want the grenade launcher i can choose that. if i want a sniper that shoots a singel but powerful shot or one that has multiple shots but are weaker. actually that doesnt sound to great, but if it were there it wouldnt hurt. i also would like it if A werent the action button for everything. If i want to sprint i should just have to push down on the left stick and my guy would break into a sprint, help with that whole sprinting and getting stuck on walls crap.

As far as single player goes, it would be sweet if more background was developed on our maincharacters along with some new ones, particularly a girl since my sister likes gears and she's always saying they should add a girl. Also i wouldnt want Gears 3 to be just a prequal, id like for part of the game to take place during the locust war and someo f it be a memory from either dom or marcus's perspective on E-day. My choice would be Marcus's cause i want to figure out how his father was killed by RAAM.

Kobewars87

Nice ideas. I think they should do that with the weapons. It'd be nice to put a scope on the lancer.

yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yaljarani
You guys have some great ideas so far... if only epic could hear our cry.
Avatar image for Louis_Routledge
Louis_Routledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Louis_Routledge
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

There's a board for this game.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar2/forum.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;forums

Please use that in future. This is the reason we have boards for games.

We talk about the Xbox 360 console in general here, mainly hardware.

yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 yaljarani
Thanks for letting me know^. I was just trying to get people to post their ideas outside of the mad gears of war 2 board. Sorry for wasting your life with the obvious. Not to be mean, but don't post if you don't care.:oops:
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts

I would like to see better servers for online play, a defense to the bayonet (chainsaw), the saw can be controlled to cut different body parts, a longer campaign, and allow for bigger maps + 2 more players availableonline. Thoughts...

yaljarani

I would like to see more maps, remade maps, 6 vs 6, no defense to the chainsaw but it is fine as is, weaken assault rifle slightly, new weapons, 4 player co op, custom character, record short clips, Ranking system you care about, matchmaking better, priority searching, party system, updates frequently for things that need to be changed, More development in the story mode and make it more interesting with some kind of major plot twist.

mohammad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mohammad93
Member since 2007 • 2090 Posts

yaljarani

I personally want more variety to levels, multiplayer, weapons, maps, game modes, and make it a little less linear, gears 1 was really linear

herbie12282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 herbie12282
Member since 2002 • 2861 Posts
i'd settle for the exact same thing with no host advantage,no glitches,and no lag,and a matchmaking system so i don't have to wait for 5minutes for the game to fill up and another 3 minutes for the host to come back from taking a leak or whatever to start the game.
Avatar image for HAMBURG3RHITMAN
HAMBURG3RHITMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HAMBURG3RHITMAN
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i'd settle for the exact same thing with no host advantage,no glitches,and no lag,and a matchmaking system so i don't have to wait for 5minutes for the game to fill up and another 3 minutes for the host to come back from taking a leak or whatever to start the game. herbie12282

I agree with that

venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts
First thing I want to say is before EPIC puts more work into GEARs 2 they should release the extra content that the PC version of gears got ,and quit being DOUCHES.They have no plans on bringing the pc extra contnt to the 360 which is A load of CRAP!!!Then the idea I have for GEARs 2 would have to be 4 player CO-OP online is A must in my opinion!!
Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

I would like to see them add the ability to cut specific body parts with the chainsaw. That would rrrock!! I'd also like a longer single player campaign. And please, please a specific grenade button. Is there a way to keep kid-lets off the GoW servers? That would rock too. No more "no stupid, give me that gun!!"

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#30 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts

they should have standard soldier classes and then u have to run to get the really good weapons.

Classes

Soldier: Lancer, Snub Pistol, Grenade

Demolition: Shotgun, Pistol, Mine

Recon:Long Range triple Burst Rifle, Silenced pistol, Smoke Grenade

Engineer: HammerBurst(fully auto), Turret Construct, Flash Grenade

Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/gearsofwar2/forum.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs&tag=tabs;forums

Louis_Routledge

I don't understand why it's a big deal with some of you people when people post where you think they shouldn't. They just want ideas and are curious about what other games think. Give him or her a break. They are using this forum as they deem fit. If you don't like it, move on.

RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
4 people online, longer campaign, Dom dies, new characters,levels ups online like call of duty 4, and a way to untag yourself from a grenade or chainsaw. Oh and the boom less powerful.
neneman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 neneman
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
[QUOTE="Kobewars87"]

X-7

Nice ideas. I think they should do that with the weapons. It'd be nice to put a scope on the lancer.

the lancer is good enough the scope should be on the hammer burst and it should have a knife not a chainsaw so the lancer would be like the assult and hammer burst like the BR

X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 X-7
[QUOTE="X-7"][QUOTE="Kobewars87"]

neneman

the lancer is good enough the scope should be on the hammer burst and it should have a knife not a chainsaw so the lancer would be like the assult and hammer burst like the BR

Isnt the lancer a little more accurate than the hammer burst? If so the scope should go n it but be a little bit better.

bulletproofcow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 bulletproofcow
Member since 2005 • 11261 Posts

Louis_Routledge

According to that logic, there would be no actual game topics on this board. Besides, a topic like this would be eaten alive on a GameFAQs board. You can still use these boards to discuss games, you're just not to be constantly asking about X game's level or getting some achievement.

Personally, I'd like to see the Hammer of Dawn redone, that gun is confusing to a vast majority of the peopleI play with, myself included. I have all my weapons achievements, and only 1 kill with that weapon. I'd also like to see more achievements able to be obtained in both story and multiplayer. I haven't gotten Clusterluck yet because I've yet to go back through the story recently, but if I could get it in multiplayer I would already have it.

ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
More weapons
spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts
I would like new weapons which can be customised along with the older weapons, Bigger Multiplayer maps(i liked having small maps but a mixture of sizes would be even better), 6v6 on Mulitplayer, Ranked system like with Halo3 & CoD4, and a single player storyline that is longer than the first games and dosn't leave half the story out only to be put into a PC version and told us 360 players can't have it unless we buy the PC version.
Bballer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bballer101
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
Noo moore hostt advantage
booomer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 booomer69
Member since 2005 • 4107 Posts
6 vs 6 multiplayer,Better online severs so games get filled up.No bullet lag.
KriBaby151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KriBaby151
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
Don't release the game, thiers an idea.snipeshot11
i smell a cow in the vicinity
snipeshot11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 snipeshot11
Member since 2007 • 1006 Posts

[QUOTE="snipeshot11"]Don't release the game, thiers an idea.KriBaby151
i smell a cow in the vicinity

Are you kidding me, I have Gears of War, I'm just not as obsessed as others here. I like to play a variety of games, not Gears of War online for the next 3 years. I have a gamecube, wii, ps2, ps3, xbox, and xbox 360 so if you call that a cow or a fanboy then so be it. Just my opinion on gears of war.

yaljarani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yaljarani
Another cool thing that would work would be like in turok for certain maps. Instead of dinos you can have different types of GOW monsters. The reason for a day night cycles would be like this: one half of the map outside and the other inside somewhere, when night hits the krill come out and feed on everyone. It would be awsome fighting, seeing the sun set, and everyone sprints for the inner place where they can duke it out. That would be interestingl imo.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
i want a longer campaign and more weapons
pappyissocool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pappyissocool
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
6 vs 6, new and better maps and weapons and i think it would be cool if they had some kind of sword lol
X-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 X-7
Well, I can't wait to see what modifications they make to GoW2.
jk3fn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jk3fn99
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
no host advantage no one shot sniper down, if they keep actives the sniper should only keep it for 2 seconds. i would like to see more characters and i also want to make my own character online and choose from the orginal. i would like a forge in their like halo 3 except just to pick where weapons spawn in a player match. in a rank and maybe player there should be like a cod4 server or halo 3 where you just find players instead of waiting in a lobby. or if they have to keep the lobby thing you should be able to play until enough players come like a practice. i always thought they should of had vehicles but that would ruin the gameplay. they could have more players but totally different maps than four players. i want the chainsaw taken out online even though that wont happen. more different kinds of weapons. grenade launcher be beast. new game types online. no glitchy boomshot. better animations a ranking system cuz that just keeps the online longer in value. another thing is like a jet pack booster thing that you can pick up then you could fly for short burst. or a cannon or some kind of torque bow on you back that would be sweet . destroyable cover i know they had it in mansion but that didnt cut it.
jk3fn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jk3fn99
no host advantage no one shot sniper down, if they keep actives the sniper should only keep it for 2 seconds. i would like to see more characters and i also want to make my own character online and choose from the orginal. i would like a forge in their like halo 3 except just to pick where weapons spawn in a player match. in a rank and maybe player there should be like a cod4 server or halo 3 where you just find players instead of waiting in a lobby. or if they have to keep the lobby thing you should be able to play until enough players come like a practice. i always thought they should of had vehicles but that would ruin the gameplay. they could have more players but totally different maps than four players. i want the chainsaw taken out online even though that wont happen. more different kinds of weapons. grenade launcher be beast. new game types online. no glitchy boomshot. better animations a ranking system cuz that just keeps the online longer in value. another thing is like a jet pack booster thing that you can pick up then you could fly for short burst. or a cannon or some kind of torque bow on you back that would be sweet . destroyable cover i know they had it in mansion but that didnt cut it.
jk3fn99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jk3fn99

Another cool thing that would work would be like in turok for certain maps. Instead of dinos you can have different types of GOW monsters. The reason for a day night cycles would be like this: one half of the map outside and the other inside somewhere, when night hits the krill come out and feed on everyone. It would be awsome fighting, seeing the sun set, and everyone sprints for the inner place where they can duke it out. That would be interestingl imo.yaljarani

the krill thing is a decent idea but you should get a timer on the side of your screen

Buyugold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Buyugold
Member since 2007 • 1074 Posts

6 vs 6

or

8vs8

And a Carbine is a lightweight usually semi automatic weapon only good for a few hundred yards. So a semi auto 15 round rifle would be cool, along with a SMG

magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts
Bigger maps, no host advantage, more characters to choose, a flamethrower, and a stungun. Vehicles too.