Games that should become Movies

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sullivaineus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sullivaineus
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts
the list can go on forever... i'd like to see half life, and possibly even a halo. not really a halo fan but special effects and the storyline can be a little interesting. what do you think?
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

It doesn't matter what game it is, the directors and writers are too stupid to make a good movie because they have no idea what we'd want to see in the movie, and stray away from what the game's actual story was.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Condemned
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

I would like to see a movie for Grand Theft Auto & Legend of Zelda.

shyco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shyco
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts

Mass effect would make a great sci-fi movie :D

TR3boii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TR3boii
Member since 2007 • 376 Posts

this has nothing to do with games... but the movie dragon ball z.... its sooo stupid... when was goku a white guy... when did goku get punked??!!... NEVER...

that movie has to be the dumbest crap i seen my whole life... street fight legend of chun li isnt far behind... chun li was hella fine in the movie tho... lol

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
Halo, Mass Effect, Oblivion, GTA, Zelda
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

viva pinata

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I liked Brothers in Arms' story, but if it were a movie it'd probably be very similar to Saving Private Ryan or the Band of Brothers show on HBO.

AustXilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 AustXilo
Member since 2007 • 904 Posts

None. Bad idea.

NicotineKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NicotineKid
Member since 2006 • 1475 Posts
Warning! Uwe Boll might be watching this thread.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
halo, mass effect, half-life, bioshock, gears but they probably would suck but in the right hands..
fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

None. Bad idea.

AustXilo

Yes, I agree they shouldn't.

Games just have so many things that other people won't accept in movies. Even the Academy didn't bother to have Dark Knight nominated for the "Best Picture" Oscar when it was clearly the best movie last year. Why? Batman's a super-hero. Imagine people trying to understand Snake or Kratos.

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts

It doesn't matter what game it is, the directors and writers are too stupid to make a good movie because they have no idea what we'd want to see in the movie, and stray away from what the game's actual story was.

Legendaryscmt
While I do agree that most video game to movie translations are not good, there have been a few notable exceptions so I wouldn't call the directors and writers stupid. An example of this is the Gears of War movie. The scriptwriter that was chosen for the movie is a pretty huge fan of the series, so he's a gamer as well, and I can imagine he wants to make a quality movie as a result. I think Prince of Persia has potential as a quality movie but we'll see. Resident Evil 1 and 2 were pretty good although they totally messed up Extinction. Silent Hill wasn't bad either. Not great but not bad. I think video game to movies are more of a hit or miss situation. What is undoubtedly a worse situation is movie to video game. Those have a far worse ratio between good to bad I think.
sullivan352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sullivan352
Member since 2008 • 501 Posts

suprised no one said a metal gear solid movie yet.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I've watched far too many horrible ones to even consider paying money to watch another. Doom you will always be the worst thing i've ever seen and i've seen Barney.

PrincePwnStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PrincePwnStar
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

Halo would make a terrible movie. It would probably turn out to be something like starship troopers....and no one knows what master chief looks like so if you did a movie your bound to have to show his face....Then they would probably pick someone like the rock to play as master chief and the black guy from the first predator Carl Weathers to play the general. And Denise Richards as Cortana....see is this the movie you want!? Tho Denise Richards is hot....

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#18 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

I wishmovie producers and directors would leave our games alone.

Sullivaineus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sullivaineus
im glad you guys are like this. games should not be ruined! i agree.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
most games these days are like movies already movies u play through! why ruin that! just look at games like gears of war 2 or RE5 both have amazing graphics and look sound and play like a movie. entertaining not only for you to play but for others to watch!
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

suprised no one said a metal gear solid movie yet.

sullivan352

Its in the 360 forum and plus have you played the games? They are a movie!

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts
To be frank NONE! games and films should stick as far away as possible.
PhilipO38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PhilipO38
Member since 2003 • 71 Posts

There is one game that begs for a movie, as it's storyline in _the_ best in gaming history, and it's:

Deus Ex (the original)

No other game(and HL2 is not even close), comes close to it's depth of storyline, and J.C. Denton would make an amazing movie character.

If anyone here has not played the game, it was released on the pc in the spring of 2000' and on the PS2 in 2002'.

If your a true hardcore gamer, then you fully know all bout Deus Ex, and how great a game it was.

NTSC-U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NTSC-U
Member since 2008 • 490 Posts

metal gear solid 1 & 2, awesome storys in the game, but as one person said though and is true, probably would frigg up the whole movie and make it suck. would like to see a good GTA film too.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Help me out here, people. Are there any good game-based films? Off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

Warning! Uwe Boll might be watching this thread.

NicotineKid

:lol: Uwe Boll is such an easy target for criticism, but goddamn if he doesn't deserve it.

Post-Carnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Post-Carnage
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

viva pinata

angryfodder

it's actually a TV series, methinks

Crocodile_Key

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Crocodile_Key
Member since 2003 • 224 Posts

halo, fallout 3, assassins creed, world of warcraft, oblivion, devil may cry....i could keep going

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Palantas

world of warcraft

Crocodile_Key

The South Park episode didn't do it for yah?

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
None of them the movie to game / game to movie scene is always a scary place.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I think Gears of War could become a great movie with the right director. Michael Bay anyone?

gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts

Legendaryscmt
Agreed! No game should be made into a movie. Hollywood directors will always find a way to screw it up by adding/removing something that is essential from the game. I think the best game to movie translation was he first Mortal Kombat. It stuck the closest to the story from the game and it included every MK character from the first game as well as adding some others from MK2. I'm sure many of us gamers could rip these game to movie directors a new one. Bottom line, keep the movies on the big screen, keep the games on the consoles.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Palantas

I think Michael Bay and Gears of War are well-suited to one another.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#33 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Definetley, Prototype but even then movies and games don't make very good combinations.

theSickness550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 theSickness550
Member since 2005 • 283 Posts

metal gear solid...oh wait

Lance_Kalzas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lance_Kalzas
Member since 2007 • 2135 Posts
[QUOTE="gr8scott"][QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Agreed! No game should be made into a movie. Hollywood directors will always find a way to screw it up by adding/removing something that is essential from the game. I think the best game to movie translation was he first Mortal Kombat. It stuck the closest to the story from the game and it included every MK character from the first game as well as adding some others from MK2. I'm sure many of us gamers could rip these game to movie directors a new one. Bottom line, keep the movies on the big screen, keep the games on the consoles.

When a video game to movie is done well, then that makes me want to disagree with you and the potential is certainly there depending on the game you're talking about. To be honest though, I'm more excited about the possibility of certain novels becoming movies than video games but when they do it, I'm always hopeful they'll do it right.
MrNacaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrNacaa
Member since 2006 • 510 Posts
Deep Space or one of the other alike games.
Sullivaineus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sullivaineus

There is one game that begs for a movie, as it's storyline in _the_ best in gaming history, and it's:

Deus Ex (the original)

No other game(and HL2 is not even close), comes close to it's depth of storyline, and J.C. Denton would make an amazing movie character.

If anyone here has not played the game, it was released on the pc in the spring of 2000' and on the PS2 in 2002'.

If your a true hardcore gamer, then you fully know all bout Deus Ex, and how great a game it was.

PhilipO38
i never said anything about half life 2. im talking about the original half life. the story that it leads is just unreal.
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Palantas

i never said anything about half life 2. im talking about the original half life. the story that it leads is just unreal.

Sullivaineus

Haha, they should make a movie about Unreal Tournament. It'll include all the gibbing and be a bigger gorefest than 300. Ving Rhames can be Malcom.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i want to see a splinter cell movie. i think that wold be interesting to see. i forgot the guy's name but the guy in the transporter. i think he would be a good Sam fisher.
MGamer333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MGamer333
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts
gears of war!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stike22
I know some games beg to be films but thats because the Devs suck and they can't make a decent game story so they try to make it into a film instead...BUT PEOPLE THIS IS WHAT YOU END UP WITH WHEN YOU TRY TO MAKE GAMES INTO FILMS! Copy and paste this to your top scroll bar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oqwFNKN8MA And this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB89-9X6YS0 These are the sort of horrific atrocities that happen when you expect a game can be made into a good film! so don't say it, the only possiblity is to make CG movies which is alright but pretty pointless when they could have made a game instead. Anyone who liked those movies, please do me a favor and commit suicide we do not want some cheap german director made film based on a game, it would kill the game, murder and butcher it to such an extreme that nobody would play the game again...so say NO to games into films please!
l337_A55A55IN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 l337_A55A55IN
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts

half life could be a really good movie if made

stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 stike22
Thats one of the few games that could but seriously who's gonna play the main character? there are no actors that look and act like him so even though the story could be made into a decent film the actors would suck.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I don't want any games to become movies.

R4BI3S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 R4BI3S
Member since 2007 • 1332 Posts

I vote The Darkness. The game itself was very movie-like, in terms of having a gripping story and sharp dialogue.Also, to see Jackie outside of a first-person perspective with "The Darkness" manifested around him (which you only see once in the game, through a mirror), that would be seriouslycool.

Rasika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Rasika
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

I think movies should stay away from games, although movie makers doesnt seem to think so. They just come up with movies with games. Take Max Payne for instance, they just killed the name 'Max Payne' with their crappy movie. And look what they did to street fighter, and Far Cry, total crap. There are so many game based movies announed for the future, like Gears of War, Halo, Prince of Persia, but I think they're all going to kill the name of the game. The only two movies based on games which I think is 'Just OK' was Resident Evil movies and the Hitman movie.

Sullivaineus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sullivaineus
Thats one of the few games that could but seriously who's gonna play the main character? there are no actors that look and act like him so even though the story could be made into a decent film the actors would suck.stike22
not sure if you remember, but commissioner "gordon" from the new batman movies actually does resemble gordon freeman, and he is a good actor. maybe if he portrays the role well he could pull it off! it'd be funny to see him in an HEV suit with a crowbar haha here is a picture of him. check it out...............http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2005/06/13/oldman3.jpg
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 stike22
With "The Darkness" and similar things they would be all right because they actually started out as comics before they were turned into games, they didn't start off as games so they would be fine. Gears and Halo pretty much the same thing, Halo is a book and they did say they were making a CG movie wouldn't be bad but seriously they should not make a real film of it, Gears that actually might not be so bad because really the devs meant to make that like a movie...only problem is half the film would just be random Fenix running through ruined streets blowing enemies away...would be kinda dead if they did that, but if they got the right cast it could be decent...only problem is who is that wedge in real life? if they tried turning that into a real film it would look ridiculous, imagine the skinny actors trying to fit in the wedge armor.
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 stike22
[QUOTE="stike22"]Thats one of the few games that could but seriously who's gonna play the main character? there are no actors that look and act like him so even though the story could be made into a decent film the actors would suck.Sullivaineus
not sure if you remember, but commissioner "gordon" from the new batman movies actually does resemble gordon freeman, and he is a good actor. maybe if he portrays the role well he could pull it off! it'd be funny to see him in an HEV suit with a crowbar haha here is a picture of him. check it out...............http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/gallery/2005/06/13/oldman3.jpg

Hmm, your making it sound possible mate, maybe there is hope...would love to see him in a HEV wielding a crowbar as well, would be brilliant.
hughami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hughami
Member since 2009 • 1045 Posts
kotor or just a star wars movie (NOT ANIMATED) set in the old republic or do a republic commando one based on the book series.