Gamertag Stolen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

enVioUsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 enVioUsZ
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="enVioUsZ"]

[QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="uconnhuskies050"]That's kind of funny...How does one steal a gamertag?vitriolboy

not only that but who would want to steal a gamertag

jealousy, laziness, ignorance, immaturity

those are a few the list can go on

Is this an alt account?

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/post_history.php?user=enVioUsZ

enVioUsZ was my old gamertag

the guy bought 2,000 microsoft points for 25 bucks on my dads credit card and changed my name and got a hold of all my purchases at the marketplace

i had to make a new one because microsoft said most likely i wouldnt be able to get it back

enVioUsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 enVioUsZ

hey guys its enVioUsZ again

and my new gamertag was hacked once again!

i dont know how and why?

i just made it a week ago and now im thinking of selling my 360 and buying a ps3

Avatar image for Dallas_Cowboys9
Dallas_Cowboys9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Dallas_Cowboys9
Member since 2008 • 623 Posts
What your gamertag?
EdHeadZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#204 EdHeadZ
Member since 2008 • 88 Posts
if this happened to me and I was gaming like you(you know with son) I would take this personally. Especially if your son if a kid.
Avatar image for the_electro_man
the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 the_electro_man
Member since 2004 • 1772 Posts

tough luck but cryings not gonna help you do anything.

FromTheHeart

I'm not crying about it. I believe it's called ranting. I do have a plan and will do everything I can.

the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 the_electro_man

Well I just now joined the site and there was actually a supposed "hacker" that I played against today in a COD game. He was tellin his friends about this guy that he hacked because he didn't like him much. Then he saw that I was a 9th prestige and threatened to steal my account. He was like hey papa doink i think I would have a lot of fun taking your account! Don't talk trash or I will end up taking your account. I wasn't even talking the whole match and he came out saying that! WTF! I really hope you can get yours and now I'm very aware about these low life hackers. Does anyone know if I could also get that kid banned because I still have him in my recent players.PapaDoink

It's most likely that he knows nothing about hacking and just wanted to get you worried. I imagine a real hacker would do it without any warning.

the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 the_electro_man

so i wounder is there a way to avoid this from happeningRCFTechOn3

If it happened how I believe it happened to me..........no. Hackers can take your account and Microsoft won't allow you to reclaim what's yours. Either they set up a flawed system where the can't do it, or it's just too much work and they can't be bothered to do it for their valued customers.

the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 the_electro_man

[QUOTE="HellRazer360"][QUOTE="uconnhuskies050"]That's kind of funny...How does one steal a gamertag?enVioUsZ

not only that but who would want to steal a gamertag

jealousy, laziness, ignorance, immaturity

those are a few the list can go on

[QUOTE="PapaDoink"]

Wow i just watched a vid on youtube where they can simply hack it by just hotmail. Very simple. That's so crazy I don't think I'm going to piss people off anymore.

ultimatehotdog

Jeez, you'd think youtube would ban videos like that...

They should not allow videos that instruct you on how to commit a crime.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Wow i just watched a vid on youtube where they can simply hack it by just hotmail. Very simple. That's so crazy I don't think I'm going to piss people off anymore.

PapaDoink

Yeah, right. I looked at some of those vids and I can't believe how naive people are. Those "instructions" tell you to send a mail to some created email address like xboxrecover@hotmail.com or whatever and they want you to enter some cryptic text where you somewhere actually are supposed to enter your own freaking password. Don't be stupid, people. Following those videos won't get you the gamertags of other people, they will make you lose your own. And then you will make threads here about how you got haxx0red. If you fall for something like that, you deserve to lose your stuff.

the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 the_electro_man
[QUOTE="PapaDoink"]

nethernova

Yeah, right. I looked at some of those vids and I can't believe how naive people are. Those "instructions" tell you to send a mail to some created email address like xboxrecover@hotmail.com or whatever and they want you to enter some cryptic text where you somewhere actually are supposed to enter your own freaking password. Don't be stupid, people. Following those videos won't get you the gamertags of other people, they will make you lose your own. And then you will make threads here about how you got haxx0red. If you fall for something like that, you deserve to lose your stuff.

I saw the videos that you mentioned. It was obvious that the posters are trying to steal Gamertags, but some people might be foolish enough to fall for the scam. Videos like that should be removed from the site.

I know what I did and didn't do. I followed all the precations. I never gave out my information. My account was stolen due to no fault of my own. I'm not a naive kid that falls for phishing scam sites.

I understand your hesitation to believe someone ranting in a forum. I wouldn't believe it either before it happened to me.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Oh, I do believe you. I think it's totally possible to talk some customer support guy into giving you information about a gamertag without proving that it's your own. They usually aren't the smartest people around. I was only referring to this panic about those "hacker videos".
the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 the_electro_man

Oh, I do believe you. I think it's totally possible to talk some customer support guy into giving you information about a gamertag without proving that it's your own. They usually aren't the smartest people around. I was only referring to this panic about those "hacker videos".nethernova

I was alarmed when read about the hacker videos until I looked into it for myself. It's good to do your own research and follow up on stuff. I also saw a video of a program that hacks accounts that the poster was selling. That looked fake also. Did you see that one?

The last time I called XBOX support, I had to explain why I was calling 3 times before he understood.

Kaiz1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Kaiz1992
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts

xJohny Boyx

God, what the hell is the world coming to? Now, instead of keylogging ones pass they're calling microsoft support to steal gamertags?

For god sakes. It's like we reach a new low every day.

Sucks for you, honestly. If this happened to me, I'd call the damn support that gave my account away and start cussing the person due to stupidity.

The guy was probably one of those desperate greedy brats who doesn't like doing it himself, instead enjoys stealing others hard work. I find that sad, amazingly sad. Those kinds of people need a ban. They're the reason why people are constantly whining about Xbox Live's immature community.

''Name

~ Alaska's Finest ~
◎ YoU GoT JaㄷkㅌD◎''

He needs a punch in the face.

the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 the_electro_man

xJohny Boyx

God, what the hell is the world coming to? Now, instead of keylogging ones pass they're calling microsoft support to steal gamertags?

For god sakes. It's like we reach a new low every day.

Sucks for you, honestly. If this happened to me, I'd call the damn support that gave my account away and start cussing the person due to stupidity.

The guy was probably one of those desperate greedy brats who doesn't like doing it himself, instead enjoys stealing others hard work. I find that sad, amazingly sad. Those kinds of people need a ban.

Kaiz1992

What do you know about xJonny Boyx?

Kaiz1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Kaiz1992
Well, that is the name that he has on your Halo 3 apparently.
the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 the_electro_man

Well, that is the name that he has on your Halo 3 apparently. Kaiz1992

I assume you are refering to the Bungie.Net user profile that is connected to the stolen gamertag. I was hoping that you knew something that I didn't. He's made 2 posts on their forums, but nothing that I can use.

Kaiz1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Kaiz1992

Yes, I was talking about the bungie profile. I'm reading the posts at the moment.

''now now sonik shot cool your jets lol. btw this is R3N0 love youuuu...''

Now it's R3N0? How many names does the guy use for god sakes?

Is there anyone who uses these names on other gamertags?

the_electro_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 the_electro_man

Yes, I was talking about the bungie profile. I'm reading the posts at the moment.

Kaiz1992

I checked out those gamertags and bungie profiles, but it didn't turn up anything. I really appreciate the detective work. I'm considering offering a reward for any information on his identity. I might hire an investigator or a lawyer.

Kaiz1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Kaiz1992
[QUOTE="Kaiz1992"]

the_electro_man

I checked out those gamertags and bungie profiles, but it didn't turn up anything. I really appreciate the detective work. I'm considering offering a reward for any information on his identity. I might hire an investigator or a lawyer.

Eh, I've only gathered upto his myspace. His R3N0 account is also pretty recent so I assume he might have another one.

For a moron he's pretty damn smart.

''haah this account is to help people. here is my other account oR3N0o''

So now it's 4 accounts? I wonder if all of these are made or stolen.

Another myspace..

http://www.myspace.com/papijonny

Probably another fake one leading to a dead end.

How many hours of his life has he wasted just to do this?

stradd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 stradd
Member since 2006 • 48 Posts
I dunno, sounds a little sketchy to me, I mean, hacking a gamertag is gonna uncover all your credit card info, at least anything you have stored in your profile, and it seems to me that Microsoft would be setting themselves up for a pretty big liability suit if it were that easy to hack or steal someone's gamertag. I mean, hell, you have to input your name and everything when you sign up, perhaps not on your profile, but definitely when you first hook up live. Someone's gonna call MS and tell them, "hey, uh, I forgot my name. Can u help me out?" Then again, if you only ever buy pre paid cards, then no worries. Oh yeah, and what about the gamertag change. Seems to me that system kind of changed when the 360 came out. I mean, sure, with the original xbox, u couldn't change your gamertag and keep all your stats, but the new features on 360 are a little different. You may change the actual tag, but the stats still track, meaning the name is just a name, and there's gotta be a serial number used by MS to actually track the account itself. It follows that the first time u log in to your account thru your 360, instead of showing your gamertag, it would simply load the changed one, eliminating the need to go hunting for the fool that changed your gamertag. Recovery would only require a phone call, a points refund, and a little time on the dashboard. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but a huge corporation like MS is definitely going to cover their butts when it comes to privacy and identity theft issues, which is to say that calling MS and telling them u forgot all your account info, including your name, is probably going to get u nowhere. I'd suggest reassess people close to you, who know you, in real life, and who you game with, or who knows u game. If u can call and just give a gamertag, and get instant access, i'm pulling this tomorrow, calling a lawyer, and retiring at 28.
Kaiz1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Kaiz1992

I found another youtube account OcExAcentrik and I give up.

I just don't have the time/patience to keep going. He has too many leads and too many dead ends. It's like every 5 posts on a new account is another account with another new one in it. Youtube account, Myspace, Gamertag, Forum and repeat.

I might keep it going when I have the time.

enVioUsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 enVioUsZ

my new gamertag that was hacked was enV t3h eLitE

im fed up with this nonsense from microsoft and am probably switching to PS3

-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
Is this situation going anywhere?
You are not forgotten. :o
remington123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#224 remington123
Member since 2005 • 586 Posts
Wow i really feel sorry for the people that get there accounts hacked. I am now thinking haveing a high gamer score is bad someone will try placing a bounty on you or something.
nyknicks8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 nyknicks8

That f**** sucks. I didn't think MS would have that big of a security loophole. More serious issues can arise from this, especially once the "hacker" gets hold of personal information like address etc. Thats why I never use my real address or even name online unless it is absolutely necessary. Also with MS restoring accounts, if they did have a policy on it, wouldn't "hackers" abuse that as well? The same so called "customer service" reps would be restoring accounts to whoever calls. So I guess thats the reason they don't have an official way to do it, even though I'm sure they can do it.

Also just curious to those who lost their gamertags, does MS refund or give you the points for all the online content you bought?

enVioUsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 enVioUsZ

That f**** sucks. I didn't think MS would have that big of a security loophole. More serious issues can arise from this, especially once the "hacker" gets hold of personal information like address etc. Thats why I never use my real address or even name online unless it is absolutely necessary. Also with MS restoring accounts, if they did have a policy on it, wouldn't "hackers" abuse that as well? The same so called "customer service" reps would be restoring accounts to whoever calls. So I guess thats the reason they don't have an official way to do it, even though I'm sure they can do it.

Also just curious to those who lost their gamertags, does MS refund or give you the points for all the online content you bought?

nyknicks8

supposly yes

but microsoft hasnt refunded my money and its been 1 month alrdy

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#227 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
did you happen to put your info on one of those get points added toyour account, or someone phished ya
SneakySnake151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 SneakySnake151
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts
Aug. 21, 2008 5:10am GMT
enVioUsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 enVioUsZ

finally i just got a call from microsoft

since i had 3 more months left on that account, they gave me a code for 3 free months of gold and deactivated the account

they didnt say that they had refunded the 2500 or 2000 points the guy had bought

187Mobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 187Mobster
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
lol if my account got hacked i would sell my 360 buy a ps3 and become a sony fanboy
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts

^Sarcasm?

If not, is it M$ fault there are A-H's hacking profiles? You might say "yes, it doesn't happen on the PS3". Well, why would it? PSN accounts are pretty worthless compared to GamerTags that have the GamerScore system.
I know if I carry on this will belong to SW so I will stop here. Also, I'm not trolling the PS3 just laying down a fact. :)

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

1. contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint on Microsoft for not doing anything:http://welcome.bbb.org/

Pretty much what this guy is doing is illegal and Microsoft being Lax on the situation is frightening. So you need to make the BBB aware of this so that they will take action for you.

2. try and contact you're local news station and tell them about it. I know here in Philadelphia they chase around dead beat city officials who party during office hours and reporters just follow them taking pictures. You know Microsoft won't like bad publicity and I'm sure they'll move faster in restoring your account.

The thing is to start contacting other sources so they can bring heat on Microsoft that you can't as a single consumer. Fight back!!!!

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#234 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
And so social engineering claims another victim. ****ing scumbags.
hpr999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 hpr999
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

My Gamertag was recently stolen, about two days ago. it was Hpr222 but now it is something else, due to me being hacked. before you ask about security,

1. my password is so random no one could guess it or so i thought...

2. It wouldn't let me put my name on my account because it said it contained vulger... so i put that down...

3. I do play halo 3, and all of the others, but not COD

4. i don't have a high gamerscore because I've only had my Xbox 360 for about a month and don't play it often. i think my gamerscore was 2,640 or so...

5. What was odd was about three days before i got hacked i had renewed my xbox gold with a credit card...

and now i just don't connect my xbox online and it lets me play on my GT that's saved on my 360.

No word yet from MS...

That about somes it up.

Buba3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Buba3333
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
MY cousins gamer tag was hacked 3 weeks ago still waiting on microsoft to fix the problem. also bought 2000 credits on the account, charged to his credit card the hacker is still using his tag saying he is from the UK